PDA

View Full Version : The thread of Wisdom!

Anonymous
02-10-2005, 09:09 PM
If life gives you lemons, take them with a grain of salt. And then order Tequila.

Okay, here's the deal: there's all kinds of threads here on the forums, even one with stupid sayings. Well why not start one with OUR OWN sayings? I know there's a phrase that somehow and somewhere you used that hit you like a ten ton megatruck and made you think "Whoa, did I say that? Man, I'm smart!", or in my case, "Man, I'm dumb! When will I learn to shut up?".

Well, why don't you post that tiny tidbit of wisdom - or stupidity, that's valid too - here, so you can share with us all. But please, ONLY things YOU thought. It can be a revamp of old sayings and ideas, but no quotes, please... Take the above example, for example.

And now, I leave you to be wise. And funny. :D

Cheers! :bottle:

Anonymous
02-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by ImapusSylickerTake the above example, for example.

Did I post that? Man, I'm dumb...

scottydabodi
02-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by ImapusSylicker
If life gives you lemons, take them with a grain of salt. And then order Tequila.

Okay, here's the deal: there's all kinds of threads here on the forums, even one with stupid sayings. Well why not start one with OUR OWN sayings? I know there's a phrase that somehow and somewhere you used that hit you like a ten ton megatruck and made you think "Whoa, did I say that? Man, I'm smart!", or in my case, "Man, I'm dumb! When will I learn to shut up?".

Well, why don't you post that tiny tidbit of wisdom - or stupidity, that's valid too - here, so you can share with us all. But please, ONLY things YOU thought. It can be a revamp of old sayings and ideas, but no quotes, please... Take the above example, for example.

And now, I leave you to be wise. And funny. :D

Panamark
02-11-2005, 01:34 AM
A fool that takes you for an idiot is no drongo !

Coyote
02-11-2005, 02:04 AM
One talks about what she/he's (probably) craving for.

CROWBAR
02-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
A fool that takes you for an idiot is no drongo !

WTF is a drongo mate? And I thought I knew Aussie lingo! :D

lms2
02-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the BEER holder.

Anonymous
02-11-2005, 03:11 PM
If someone calls you a clown, listen to him while you're beating him. He might tell you why, and the knowledge of it will make you a better person.

Originally posted by lms2
Beauty is in the eye of the BEER holder.

F*ckin' classic, lms2!!! Can I use it in my sig, please, hmmm?

ALinChainz
02-11-2005, 03:22 PM
He who stands on toilet is high on pot.

lms2
02-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by ImapusSylicker
If someone calls you a clown, listen to him while you're beating him. He might tell you why, and the knowledge of it will make you a better person.

F*ckin' classic, lms2!!! Can I use it in my sig, please, hmmm?

its not mine... just read it on the web and thought it would fit here...

Anonymous
02-11-2005, 11:33 PM
The solution for your problems is not in the bottom of a glass, so you might as well refill the thing.

Aw, damn... well, guess there's no point in using it then.

Anonymous
02-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Ah, watta hell! It's still funny!

Panamark
02-12-2005, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by CROWBAR
WTF is a drongo mate? And I thought I knew Aussie lingo! :D

Drongo : a dope, stupid person !

Anonymous
02-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Idiots are wise men, for they never take each other seriously.

rustoffa
02-12-2005, 09:13 PM
There are people who strictly deprive themselves of each and every eatable, drinkable, and smokable which has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry.- Mark Twain

Panamark
02-13-2005, 05:41 AM
Did you hear about the pube on the toilet seat ? It got pissed off !

Anonymous
02-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Tell people that life's like a box of chocolates. That's why you're fat.

scottydabodi
02-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Here's some wisdom for ya:

Anonymous
02-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Early bird catches the worm. Smart bird puts up a trap for early bird and has a better breakfast.

ZahZoo
02-14-2005, 03:57 PM
If you have to think of an excuse to tell your wife why you bought something for more than 2 minutes... you don't need it that bad and odds are the excuse is lame.

Anonymous
02-15-2005, 12:30 PM
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Be sure to aim it right at the prick's head and you'll never have to pay his damned bills!

Jamocha Joe
02-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by scottydabodi
Here's some wisdom for ya:

LOL

Jamocha Joe
02-15-2005, 02:32 PM
This is one I use quite often.

I'm not the man I used to be, but then again I never was.

Kind of sounds like the title of a country song.

Anonymous
08-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Oranges are better than pineapples: They don't weigh half as much - or something like that.