PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious JOHN BONHAM Tracks Appear On The Net, But Is It Him?

BARE BONE
02-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Web site www.disndat.info/bonham features 23 tracks reportedly recorded by Bonham and is offering them to fans as streaming audio and MP3s.

The anonymous sound engineer, who put the recordings on the site, admits he has been overwhelmed by the response, but refuses to confirm or deny the tracks are genuine.

He writes, "I really only stuck these tracks up here to share with a specific group of people... but it seems that in the process, the link to this page has been spread to the masses.

"I understand the mass appeal. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!

"I got these from a friend that's part of the group of people that I mentioned above. I recently talked with him and asked where he got them... and his came from a friend, too... and he gave me exactly what was given to him, so what I've got is what he's got, is what his friend had... and so on.

"Neither of us know where they came from... we just know what and who they appear to be... so take that for whatever it's worth."

bighank66
02-12-2005, 02:51 PM
I bet Jimmy Page would know for sure if they are Bonham--Hell he may have been the one recording him.

I'm no musician, but they sure sound a lot like the drum work on later stuff like In Through the Out Door and the Coda songs like Bonzo's Montreux and Wearing and Tearing...

Thanks for posting that dude--I'm really enjoying the tracks.

Coyote
02-12-2005, 03:38 PM
It does sound like Led Zep outtakes...

Track 2, for example, if you listen closely you can hear a little bit of the "Carouselambra" intro. (I think)

Coyote
02-12-2005, 03:46 PM
And check out track 14. "All My Love" out-take, apparently...

lms2
02-12-2005, 03:46 PM
2-11-2005... After receiving more mail about these today, I'm going to go ahead and take them down. Some people have been incredibly insistent on knowing more details - details that I simply don't have. I do not know the origins of these. I'm not a sound engineer or a record producer (I write tax software for a living). I didn't manipulate or process these files in any way... I was only sharing what was passed on to me. I believe these to be Bonham. If you don't, FINE - don't grab them, and don't try and argue with me about it. I'll leave them here for a few days, and then they're going away...

if you want them... you better hurry!

bighank66
02-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Yeah Track 6 is from Coda for sure

Ozone Baby, I think

Jérôme Frenchise
02-12-2005, 08:51 PM
Tremendous. 100% Bonzo here, no doubt at all!

wombattt
02-13-2005, 02:33 AM
Yes it's Bonham
these recordings hit the Bit torrent sites late in 2004

It's the In Through The Out Door drum tracks and outtakes.

Diamondjimi
02-14-2005, 05:54 PM
With out a doubt ,it's Bonzo !!!

The drum mics. are picking up his headphone volume..........killer!

R.I.P.

Hardrock69
02-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Yeah I got these the other day. These were recorded at a studio in Stockholm owned by one of the members of ABBA> I think it is something like Polar Studios or something like that.

What is REALLY cool is that I can use these drum samples!!! WOOHOO!!! I CAN RECORD A SONG WITH JOHN BONHAM ON DRUMS!!!

**ahem** koffkoff....

RIP.

Man, the DVD they put out last year BLEW MY MOTHERFUCKING ASS AWAY!

Definitely showed much more of what a true powerhouse Bonzo was....

Big Fat Sammy
02-16-2005, 03:19 PM

Hell yeah!!!

Now if CVH would!!!!!

Hardrock69
02-16-2005, 10:03 PM
No shit....

1978 Fan
05-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Yeah I got these the other day. These were recorded at a studio in Stockholm owned by one of the members of ABBA> I think it is something like Polar Studios or something like that.

What is REALLY cool is that I can use these drum samples!!! WOOHOO!!! I CAN RECORD A SONG WITH JOHN BONHAM ON DRUMS!!!

**ahem** koffkoff....

RIP.

Definitely showed much more of what a true powerhouse Bonzo was....

Oh yeah.... this is definitely Bonham -- What a groove that muther- fucker lays down !!! He's got more funk in his little pinky that most have in their entire frame!!

Check out Bohnam's playing on this boot of Trampled Underfoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHa3LHGSab8

DEMON CUNT
05-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Can someone repost the tracks? Please?