When Was The First Time Dave Wanted Back In?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buckshotjenkins
    Roadie
    • Jan 2005

When Was The First Time Dave Wanted Back In?

when did dave want to join back in? was it after the awful couple of albums by van hagar? or was it after his solo career slowly wound down (in public terms-i know he's stayed badass)? did he realize that there were good times among the madness and actually miss the guys? ed said in '96 him and dave had a great conversation at dave's, and it seems that if the VMA's didn't turn out horrible then they would have been on stronger ground than ever...HURRY UP LADS...FIX IT!
  • Carmine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

I don't think that Dave knew he was gonna be "out" until he knew they hired hagar. In his book he stated that" he told Ed that his brother was up to 2 six packs a day, and that everybody just needed some time to refocus...and that 6 months down the road, when they were all clear, they could reconvene. They hugged and that was the end of Van Halen". I think that of the 4, Dave has the most passion for what they were and what they created. Actually, it is obvious that he does. I think at any point after the hug with Ed, back in 85...would have been ok with Dave.

..me too!

Comment

• Mezro
      Full Member Status

• May 2004

Re: When Was The First Time Dave Wanted Back In?

Originally posted by buckshotjenkins
      when did dave want to join back in?
      1990/91

Mezro...and many, many more times after that...
      Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

Working...