X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Good to see another ego here...McHale takes the reins in Minnesota

And now he fires his good friend Flip Saunders (deservedly so...just aren't performing this year)...

but inserts HIMSELF into the coaching realm...which...by the way...he's never done before at any level...

I hope the long-armed ape looking fucker gets canned...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Chicago 87, Minnesota 83

By DAVE CAMPBELL, AP Sports Writer

February 13, 2005

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Ben Gordon had 21 points and eight rebounds in a reserve role, and the Chicago Bulls spoiled Kevin McHale's first game as Minnesota's coach with a 87-83 victory over the Timberwolves on Sunday.

Eddy Curry scored 17 points and Kirk Hinrich added 15 points for the Bulls, whose 20-2 run bridging the first and second quarters was ultimately the difference.

Latrell Sprewell scored 26 points for the Timberwolves, who have lost eight of their last nine games. Kevin Garnett had 23 points and 14 rebounds, but he missed three shots in the final minute.

McHale, who fired his longtime friend Flip Saunders on Saturday, was on the sideline for the first time since his Hall of Fame career with the Boston Celtics ended in 1993. As Minnesota's vice president of basketball operations, McHale -- fed up with the Wolves' unexpected struggles -- made the move to try to jump-start one of the league's most disappointing teams.

Chicago's spurt lasted more than eight minutes, a span in which Minnesota went without a field goal. The drought started when McHale substituted Michael Olowokandi for Garnett with 2:49 left in the first.

The Wolves, who trailed by as many as 14 points in the first half, crept back and regained the lead, 77-76, on a jump shot in the lane by Olowokandi midway through the fourth quarter.

Gordon -- who shot 2-for-10 from the field in the second half -- tipped in his own miss to put the Bulls in front 82-81 with 2:10 left.

Garnett missed a tough jump shot in traffic and then, soaring high to grab his own rebound, watched his dunk attempt bounce out. Hinrich caught the carom and raced the other way, getting fouled and making one of two free throws with 33 seconds left.

Given a chance to tie, Garnett's turnaround -- with Tyson Chandler guarding tightly -- hit the rim and fell out. Gordon sank two foul shots on the other end to seal it.

Bringing a 3-14 record into the game on Dec. 11, the Bulls beat the Timberwolves 99-88 at home. Minnesota, 13-6 before that defeat, is 12-21 since. Chicago is 21-9.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Saunders will get a job quickly...

and McHale...probably trying to save his job...will be out of work...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

The word I was hearing was that McHale took over because he didn't want any of the assistants to take over as interim....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Or...

it was an ego driven decision because he didn't want to put his job in some douchebag's hands...lmfao...which he probably should...

Comment

• DlocRoth
            ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Cmon fellas...

McHale and Flip are good friends, it was a tough decision.

He took the reins himself for one reason.

If the team continues to suck, he'll take the blame.

Simple as that. Doesn't want a new coach in this shitstorm.

McHale will NEVER coach again after this debacle.
            Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

Working...