X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Badguy
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Vivian Campbell: "I hate Heavy Metal!"

In a recent interview Vivian Campbell responded to critisism by Ronnie James Dio by retorting that Dio was "vile", but did add that Dio was the best in his field of "dungeons and dragons heavy metal". He also added that he hates when fans come up to him and sing Dio songs or give him the devil hand gesture as he doesn`t "care about that kind of music any more. I hate it. I prefer the sort of stuff I am doing with def Leppard.".

Well, you know what, Vivian?

I don`t.
    sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!
  • Flash Bastard

Have you heard his solo stuff? Makes Def Leppard sound like Motorhead.

Comment

• Coyote
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Flash Bastard
      Have you heard his solo stuff? Makes Def Leppard sound like Motorhead.
      :eek:
      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Viv Cambpell is in Def Leppard now ? I kinda gave up on Def Leppard when they went all sappy. I wonder if he will inject a harder edge to them ? Have they already released an album with Viv ? Does it suck ?
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

He`s been with them for more than ten years now.

I think they`ve got a couple of LPs out.

Yes, they do suck.

(Unless you like pop music)
          sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Fuck, Ive probably heard some of it then, yeah its the pits. I think Pyromania was the last album I could listen to. What was the other one ? On through the night ?? That wasnt too bad. Somebody poured too much sugar on those fuckers..
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Elitest

They are grate

Comment

• diamond den™

Re: Vivian Campbell: "I hate Heavy Metal!"

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                In a recent interview Vivian Campbell responded to critisism by Ronnie James Dio by retorting that Dio was "vile", but did add that Dio was the best in his field of "dungeons and dragons heavy metal". He also added that he hates when fans come up to him and sing Dio songs or give him the devil hand gesture as he doesn`t "care about that kind of music any more. I hate it. I prefer the sort of stuff I am doing with def Leppard.".

Well, you know what, Vivian?

I don`t.
                He's a fucking hack.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I quite liked them up until "Hysteria", which coincidently was the last LP with Steve Clark.

After that it seemed like they wanted to sell records to girls rather than to men.
                  sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• IrishPunk

Vivian Campbell is and always will be a shitty guitarist. Dio was awesome in Rainbow and Black Sabbath. His solo albums were pretty damn good too, but not cuz of anything Campbell ever did. Killing the Dragon was a sweet ass Dio album! Came out a year or so ago and had Doug Aldrigde playing guitar on it

Comment

• Top Jimmy
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2004

I dunno...I thought Rainbow In The Dark was a classic, killer jam.....what DOES piss me off though, is how guys will get you into whtever they're doing at the time...and tell you how great they feel doing it...and don't you like it too? so you get WAY into the music, and then ten years later you read how it was all a scam, cause the guy says his heart was never into it, or he really didn't like that style of music....which makes all those millions who bought the music, now they suddenly feel lied to, and cheated. It's like AVH telling us in 1986 how the first lineup was just a 'test run', and that they finally had the REAL VH going...all that does is SHIT on all those people that liked it. Why not say....it was KILLER, and we're proud of the music, but now here's something new.....naaah, that's too easy...ya gotta discredit the tunez, and in the proces you inherently discredit, and divide the fans. just to feed a wallet, and an ego.

sucks.

Comment

• Flash Bastard

I heard him playing with Dio on a recording from the King Biscuit radio program. He sounded like pure shit, almost like he was tuning his guitar during the solo. Just awful.

Comment

• Full Bug
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Top Jimmy
                          I dunno...I thought Rainbow In The Dark was a classic, killer jam.....what DOES piss me off though, is how guys will get you into whtever they're doing at the time...and tell you how great they feel doing it...and don't you like it too? so you get WAY into the music, and then ten years later you read how it was all a scam, cause the guy says his heart was never into it, or he really didn't like that style of music....which makes all those millions who bought the music, now they suddenly feel lied to, and cheated. It's like AVH telling us in 1986 how the first lineup was just a 'test run', and that they finally had the REAL VH going...all that does is SHIT on all those people that liked it. Why not say....it was KILLER, and we're proud of the music, but now here's something new.....naaah, that's too easy...ya gotta discredit the tunez, and in the proces you inherently discredit, and divide the fans. just to feed a wallet, and an ego.

sucks.
                          Great post Top Jimmy, I agree with what you said 100%, its bullshit.....
                          By the way, I liked Rainbow In The Dark as well.....
                          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

All I have to say is BRING BACK PETE WILLIS DAMNIT!!!!

Comment

• One Voice

Originally posted by Top Jimmy

sucks.

You are so right, excellent post.

Comment

Working...