X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eyes of the Night
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Gutting my Wolfgang folks ...

Wella, actually just the neck pickup cause I don't use da sum bitch ... can I or should I, as retardedless as one could be, stick that fucker in the bridge of my Destroyer?

I know ... but wtf ... if nothing else just put it in her neck position ... just was wondering how that could actually could sound and wanted to read up on you fools' stories of travasties and or what not ...

Either way that neck and damn switch are coming out ... I've had it!
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...
  • Eyes of the Night
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Okay cool, here's the speel ... I'm taking out the guts of the wolfgang leaving the bridge and 1 knob for FULL output ... just like the good ol' days ...

Then replacing *I* think the neck from da Wolf for the bridge of the destroyer seeing how an EVH pickup in itself is prob the meaning of a "hot pickup" ...

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I have an interview with Eddie Van Halen and he said those Wolfgang pickups are wound differently. He said he was actually fucking around with one of his Wolfgangs and switched the pickups from front to back and he said it sounded God awful.

Eddie said those pickups were wound by a Peavey technitian until he got the sound he wanted. He said he never used the old Krammer guitar or a PAF for a base refference. He said those are completely different pickups and the rear and the front pickups are wound completely different and aren't interchangable. He did say the neck pickup is very different from the neck pickup on other guitars and he had a go around with Peavey on it. He said it's the way he wanted it but you need to be an aggressive player to get a good tone out of it.

I don't use the neck pickup either but it does sound good with the bridge pickup. I mean I can get kinda of Les Paul thing going that way. I use both pickups for A Whole Lotta Love and it sounds more ballsey than a Les Paul even.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

True dat on the Les Pauly sound when combining them ... that's some VERY useful info there my bre ... in fact you get a 5 star from Eyes

Yeah, lateley I've been running into the ol' fucking knob, fucking switch as I'm turning them back while I'm supposed to be focused on my bag o' tricks ...

It might have a new pair of balls so to speak in that it will be BACK to the ol' 1 pickup, 1 knob approach straight up volume/tone ... unless you tell me that by taking out the neck PU that it would hinder gain somehow ...
        Last edited by Eyes of the Night; 02-14-2005, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i'd say 80% of the time i'm playing only through the neck pickup...unless it's my Hamer, since it currently doesn't have a neck pickup in it.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

Word up twonabizomber ... how the hell ya been? Still getting 2 weeks off at a time? Niice ...

To me, there's no LIFE in the neck PU ... it's so bland n' shit ... and of course I'm a "no mids" kind of guy ... thinking you would have to turn your mids hella high to get any clearvoyance out of da neck ...

Course I'd do it once in a great while when I cover a MUDHONEY song or two ... that though is like your Hamar ... rarely ...

Comment

• BrownSound1
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

Why take it out? Just don't switch to it if you aren't going to use it.

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Cause I'm cool like that!? ... Just don't switch to it? ... C'mon BS1 read the posts my bre ... it's in my way cause I'm sloppy like that jumping around going apeshit n' stuff ...

I could always tape the switch upwards but am just kinda stoked having just the bridge and volume knob may excite it more ... meaning it could be louder by itself than it is now and IF NOT then that's fine too ...

Comment

• BrownSound1
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Mar 2003

Removing the neck pickup will not effect the output of the bridge pickup in any way, shape, form, or fashion.

Comment

• Denny
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2004

Re: Gutting my Wolfgang folks ...

Originally posted by Eyes
                    Wella, actually just the neck pickup cause I don't use da sum bitch ... can I or should I, as retardedless as one could be, stick that fucker in the bridge of my Destroyer?

I know ... but wtf ... if nothing else just put it in her neck position ... just was wondering how that could actually could sound and wanted to read up on you fools' stories of travasties and or what not ...

Either way that neck and damn switch are coming out ... I've had it!
                    Just junk that fucking guitar and get a Musicman Axis......

It is a way better quality guitar than those Peavey banjos.

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Had that feeling because isn't there just a bypass wire and a combo wire when you switch?

Don't matter really ... the shit's just IN MY WAY ... lol

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Gutting my Wolfgang folks ...

Originally posted by Denny
                        Just junk that fucking guitar and get a Musicman Axis......

It is a way better quality guitar than those Peavey banjos.

Buwahahaha!!! ... good shit denny cause you must be thinking looks ... you don't even know how much I put into my Wolf ...

Comment

• Cathedral
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

I rally wish you would refrain from butchering your axe. your posts in here are making me cringe, bro, lmmfao.

In your way? learn to adapt man. gutting a Wolfgang like your doing is considered a crime in some cities.

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

I'm having it pro done if that makes you feel any better ... and yeah in my way why fookin' not? Jeez, in some cities you'd be called a dictator n' shit ... free country bro:p lmao! ...

How you doin' Cat? ... Howz your health? ...

I had my tubes pro done too ... just because I didn't have a cheat sheet on how to stripe a guitar doesn't mean what you think it means ... if that means anything at all ... lmmfao rolling ...

Oh and I'm playing through a Marshall 160a cab now too ... you all caught up now broham?

Comment

• Cathedral
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

lMMFAO, Ok then, as long as it isn't getting butchered.
                              I was considering coming out there and taking that axe away from you and giving you an old Hondo II to hack up, lmmfao.

As for my health, according to my Dr. I couldn't be in better health considering where i was two and a half years ago. thanks for asking.

Get you an old Marshall Plexi head and your in bizznes, brohammage.

You got your effects all together yet?

And thanks for the update......................

Comment

Working...