PDA

View Full Version : Important Legal Question, Help.

The Scatologist
02-15-2005, 12:49 AM
About a hour ago, I was taking my dog for a walk, and we got attacked by a dog from across the street.

The house looked really trashy and had 2 dogs on little tiny cables with no fence.

What happened was, one of the cables broke, and a pretty big dog came, and started to attack me. He bit my hand. But it wasn't bad.

However, my dog tryed to defend me, and then the attacking dog bit it's neck and ear, and wouldn't let go, until the owner came like 10 minutes later, although I was screaming at the top of my lungs for help since I didn't want my dog to die.

The dog finally let go, and then the guy and his girlfriend went back inside their house to rechain the dog, and just left me and my dog out there for like 15 minutes.

Then he just comes back, and asks what he can do. He did not apologize. But I think he wanted to see if he can do something about it. So I tell him, Can you pay for a vet check up then. So then he says yes, and gives me his number.

Should I sue this guy? I mean, that dog was trying to and would have killed my dog.

I don't want to see his dog put down or sent to the pound or whatever though, that's the problem. If that dog has to die for the owner's stupidity, then I won't sue him.

Flash Bastard
02-15-2005, 01:09 AM
Off the top of my head... you should call the cops and have this incident documented. Take a bunch of pictures of any injuries you or your dog has.

Cover all your bases in case he tries to sue YOU.

The Scatologist
02-15-2005, 01:11 AM
Ok I just checked over my dog again, and this time, I noticed a fucking hole in his neck. I can see the muscles and stuff underneath, but the Vet is closed cause it's sunday and night time now.

What should I do?

Flash Bastard
02-15-2005, 01:17 AM
Refer to my original reply and apply direct pressure to the wound if it's bleeding really bad.

If an artery isn't damaged your pet can wait 12 hours for medical attention.

Flash Bastard
02-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Apply a large amount of peanut butter on his pecker and he'll easily forget about his wounds for a few hours.

LOL. Sorry, I just had to say it.

The Scatologist
02-15-2005, 01:20 AM
He's not bleeding bad at all, but there is a puncture wound. It's like a hole. It looks pretty bad. Help Me!

lms2
02-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
Apply a large amount of peanut butter on his pecker and he'll easily forget about his wounds for a few hours.

LOL. Sorry, I just had to say it.

:lol:

I know you don't want to see the animal put down... and I am not trying to devalue the life health and welfare of your dog... but you need to think.. what if that had been a child walking bye, alone.

It really should be looked into by the proper authorities.

Flash Bastard
02-15-2005, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by lms2
:lol:

I know you don't want to see the animal put down... and I am not trying to devalue the life health and welfare of your dog... but you need to think.. what if that had been a child walking bye, alone.

It really should be looked into by the proper authorities.

Word.

The Scatologist
02-15-2005, 01:38 AM
I discussed this with my friend who works at the local humane society and he told me to call the cops to make a report and basically everything that Flash said, cept for the peanut butter part of course.

Thanks guys.

The Scatologist
02-15-2005, 03:00 AM
Well I just looked at my wrist and it's swollen and I see red bite marks oh well.

The Scatologist
02-15-2005, 03:02 AM
Wow I see bites on my arm now too. Why didn't I notice this before. That fucking dog is vicious.

VHdamaco
02-15-2005, 03:14 AM
i had that same shit happen to me a couple of years ago.

i found out that apparently by law i was bound to report it to the animal control. they came out and took pictures of my leg (where i was bit), then basically i had to go to court and testify against the dog by telling my story (this wasn't a civil case, it was simply to determine whether or not to put up a sign in the owners yard saying there was a vicious dog here).

i fucking hate german shepards now because of this incident.

but report it to the animal control. only get the cops involved if you're going to press charges on the owners for negligence.

Nickdfresh
02-15-2005, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by The Scatologist
Well I just looked at my wrist and it's swollen and I see red bite marks oh well.

Go to the emergency room after you see your vet and have that documented too!

DLR7884
02-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Scatboy--I'm glad you and your dog are ok, really.

I just got a puppy back in November and I would be beyond fucking pissed if this shit happened to me.

Fuck the owners and their psycho dog.

Report this shit NOW!

That fucking vicious dog needs to be put down. Those fucking owners obviously don't know how to properly train, and maintain an acceptable level of behavior for their dog.

I hope everything is ok with you and your dog.

DLR7884
Good luck.

YAWN
02-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by DLR7884
That fucking vicious dog needs to be put down. Those fucking owners obviously don't know how to properly train, and maintain an acceptable level of behavior for their dog.
The fucking OWNERS need to be put down! Remember that shit with those hippy fuckers in San Francisco a couple years ago, when two dogs killed some lesbian and they fookin charged the owners with murder?? DASS what I'm talkin' 'bout, Willis. Use the fookin' My Lai defense for the pooches and send the owners up the river, or lock 'em in a kennel an' shit!

Ahem... uh, hope everything works out okay, Scat, and that you guys come out okay.

ODShowtime
02-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Yeah, you need to report the dog or it could be a kid next time and you don't want that on your conscience.

DLR7884
02-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Scat....what's the word?

DLR7884
Everything ok?

Figs
02-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Here in Nueva Jork I believe dogs get one free bite, and then action is taken (not sure what that action is). So reporting it is a good idea in case it happens again.

Or you could leave a bowl of anti-freeze for the dogs...

DLR7884
02-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Figs
Or you could leave a bowl of anti-freeze for the dogs...

Nothing like good old ethelyne glycol to keep a fucking lunatic dog down!

DLR7884
Slurp it up, Cujo!

smaz
02-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Throw a Hagar CD through the window. Then report them here, and they'll be sorted in no time :)

The Scatologist
02-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
Scatboy--I'm glad you and your dog are ok, really.

I just got a puppy back in November and I would be beyond fucking pissed if this shit happened to me.

Fuck the owners and their psycho dog.

Report this shit NOW!

I hope everything is ok with you and your dog.

DLR7884
Good luck.

After what happened yesturday, I would suggest that before you take him for walks, you should sorta mentally remember the path you plan to take him on the walk. If you see some trashy house with a couple of vicious dogs, don't even bother going near there. I was all the way across the street, and one of the dog's cables just broke and came after us.

I wouldn't want to see the dog put down though. Maybe the owner fined, and made to put his dog's behind a fucking fence, instead of a half inch wide piece of rope. (This dog was pretty big, it's fucking stupid to think that thing would hold)

The Scatologist
02-15-2005, 06:10 PM
DO not worry guys, if it turns out the dog will be put down, I probably won't sue. However, I will buy a portable stereo, and OU812 (I will wear a mask) and hide it in his yard in some bushes with it turned on.

DLR7884
02-15-2005, 06:11 PM
So your dog is ok?

DLR7884
?

smaz
02-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Surely you could make a claim to have the dogs locked up more sufficiently??? Rather than make a claim against the dog for its attacks.

The Scatologist
02-15-2005, 07:58 PM
Yup just took him to the vet. My dog was Ok. In fact, the vet was suprised that a dog that was 11 years old was so energetic. There are 2 puncture wounds, and one is really deep, but we decided not to suture it, because of the risk of infection. The vet said that you should take a dog to the vet within 7 hours if he needs stitches.

It might be a good idea to look up a good walk-in vet in your area. We called our regular vet, and he was full with surgeries, so he referred us to that vet we went to, since it really didn't make sense to set up a appointment for thursday.

So basically, he was given a antibiotic shot and he'll be on some pills for a month.

I think i'll just have a talk with the owner, when giving him my bill instead of trying to sue his ass off. If he doesn't secure his dog better soon after the talk though, I guess i'll have no choice. The place is like right next to a school and playground so it really would not be safe to have those dog's there.

Cathedral
02-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Scat, make sure all your i's are dotted and your t's crossed because i have seen these types of things get turned around on the attacked before.

In my day job dogs are a constant threat because i inspect properties and the owners don't always secure their dogs, and i have walked up on some pretty big dogs before.

I carry a gun with me just in case i find myself in a situation where it would be my only escape.
I think the fact that i am not afraid of dogs helps since they can sense that in a human.

Best of luck to ya on this, and i'm glad you and your pooch are ok.

As a side note, did you know that you shouldn't smile at dogs? I'm sure you probably know this already though.
To a dog showing your teeth is a sign of aggression, so i stare them down and try to be intimidating.
If they attack at that point i will blow its freakin head off.

Nickdfresh
02-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by The Scatologist

I think i'll just have a talk with the owner, when giving him my bill instead of trying to sue his ass off. If he doesn't secure his dog better soon after the talk though, I guess i'll have no choice. The place is like right next to a school and playground so it really would not be safe to have those dog's there.

Two words, Rat Poison.

The Scatologist
02-15-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Scat, make sure all your i's are dotted and your t's crossed because i have seen these types of things get turned around on the attacked before.

In my day job dogs are a constant threat because i inspect properties and the owners don't always secure their dogs, and i have walked up on some pretty big dogs before.

I carry a gun with me just in case i find myself in a situation where it would be my only escape.
I think the fact that i am not afraid of dogs helps since they can sense that in a human.

Best of luck to ya on this, and i'm glad you and your pooch are ok.

As a side note, did you know that you shouldn't smile at dogs? I'm sure you probably know this already though.
To a dog showing your teeth is a sign of aggression, so i stare them down and try to be intimidating.
If they attack at that point i will blow its freakin head off.

This dog was just crazy. I did not smile, or even get scared at first. I was ready to kick it and did right after it bit me. Me and my dog were basically fighting it the whole time, but once it got on my dog's neck, it wouldn't let go.

It was a big dog. I'm just lucky that my dog and I are pretty big too, or my dog at the very least, would have been dead for sure.

Cathedral
02-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Was it a Rot?
A buddy of mine just lost his rot to cancer, it was 13 years old which is pretty good for a dog that big.
But still, Lexus was a cool dog and it was like losing a close friend.

I love dogs, hate freakin cats, lol.

Flash Bastard
02-18-2005, 01:34 AM
so.... how did this story end?