PDA

View Full Version : OZZY: "I'm Sorry"

Shaun Ponsonby
02-15-2005, 06:50 AM
In this months issue of Classic Rock magazine, Ozzy has apologised to real fans about becoming a TV star rather than a rockstar.

He says; "I've probably shattered 8 million dreams in one fucking airing...I've dissapointed people. I have, I'm sorry. At the end of the day with The Osbournes, I fucking hated it. So for all the money we have, the waty we live, the cars we drive, the first-class trvel we take...I would gladly give it up to be simple old Ozzy Again"

The article also reveals that there is an online petition to kick Ozzy out of Black Sabbath. This is-

www.petitiononline.com/FireOzzy/petition.html

Panamark
02-15-2005, 07:51 AM
Well it puts it on the table !

I hope Ozzy tells sharon to fuck off, gives Kerslake and Daisley
their entitlements (which would be nothing out of the osbourne
fortune) and he finishes the Sabbath album. All can be forgiven Ozzy !

Rueglio
02-15-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Well it puts it on the table !

I hope Ozzy tells sharon to fuck off, gives Kerslake and Daisley
their entitlements (which would be nothing out of the osbourne
fortune) and he finishes the Sabbath album. All can be forgiven
Ozzy !

you are 100% right!

DLR7884
02-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Sellout.

DLR7884
Fuck him, his bitchy wife, and his porker kids.

loss of fools
02-15-2005, 02:47 PM
sharron has fucked him over completly i mean when you see 10 year old kids going around with the osbournes on there t-shirts then you know hes soldout. its about time he reconised his real fans and im glad there is still hope for black sabbath.

Mr Badguy
02-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Nope, sorry.

I can`t listen to his albums now without thinking of his dumbass TV show.

You`ve sold us all out Oz.

He might have apologized but I bet he won`t give any of the money he made out of the show back/to charity etc.

smaz
02-15-2005, 05:13 PM
Far far too late.

The only thing that could make him be forgiven is if he trashed MTVs headquarters at their next meeting :)

Atomic_Rob
02-15-2005, 05:21 PM
All can be forgiven Ozzy if:

1. You tell Sharon to go fuck herself. Just think of it like Spinal Tap, at the end when Janine is sitting down and reading a book.

2. Do AS MUCH AS YOU CAN with Sabbath before you snuff it.

How many years do you reckon Ozzy's got left in him?

Shaun Ponsonby
02-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Not long.

DavidLeeNatra
02-15-2005, 07:59 PM
I'd really like to agree with you and say that he sold out...yes he did...looked like a dumbass? yes he did...

but I just watched the "band aid DVD from 1985" and then I think back to the concert in 1986 when I saw him play with jake e. lee and when he almost blew the scorpions off stage who were headlining...

shit...I fucking love the ozzman...to hell with him and his familiy but when he screams "let's go fucking craaaaaaaazyyyyyy" I forgive him...

scottydabodi
02-15-2005, 11:19 PM
I'll forgive him if he re-hires JAKE E. LEE, TOMMY ALDRIDGE, and RUDY SARZO... and he tells ZAKK to take a hike. Man, that'd make my whole fraggin SOLAR YEAR!!

Panamark
02-16-2005, 01:34 AM
Actually that would be cool ! Ozzy reckons he and Zakk are getting a bit stale. Get JAKE E Back !!

BARK AT THE MOON !!

Yeah !

Agree with Aldridge and Sarzo too !!

Cathedral
02-16-2005, 01:49 AM
Ozzy is finished, folks.
He blew it with me when i heard that he was going to redo the Randy Rhodes tunes with other guitarists.

I don't even know if he did that project, but just the idea of it turned me off like a busted lightbulb.

DLR7884
02-16-2005, 09:30 AM
I saw 2 Black Sabbath videos on VH1 Classic last night....Ozzy is just a shell of his former self.

DLR7884
Sellout!

Panamark
02-17-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Ozzy is finished, folks.
He blew it with me when i heard that he was going to redo the Randy Rhodes tunes with other guitarists.

I don't even know if he did that project, but just the idea of it turned me off like a busted lightbulb.

He never did this. You might be mistaking this for the decision to remove Kerslake/Daisley from the Randy Albums ??

blueturk
02-17-2005, 03:01 AM
If Alice Cooper can be forgiven, anybody can!

Atomic_Rob
02-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Forgive Alice Cooper for what?

BrownSound1
02-19-2005, 04:20 AM
I remember when Ozzy was EVIL....now he's more like Ozzie Nelson, rather than Ozzy Osbourne. To quote Diamond Dave..."I liked Ozzy better when he was Ralph Cramden."

Coyote
02-19-2005, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
I remember when Ozzy was EVIL....now he's more like Ozzie Nelson, rather than Ozzy Osbourne. To quote Diamond Dave..."I liked Ozzy better when he was Ralph Cramden."

Or Jackie Gleason.

Full Bug
02-19-2005, 09:51 AM
He was more interesting when he was snorting ants....

blueturk
02-20-2005, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
Forgive Alice Cooper for what?

A little history lesson is in store here. In 1971-1973, Alice Cooper (the band) defined shock rock with a stage show that scared the hell out of parents with fucking great songs to back it up. They were heroes to a lot of teenagers (like myself).
Then Alice Cooper (the singer) pretty much dumped his band (who were also his high school buddies) and hooked up with some (admittedly great) studio guys and proceeded to put out some pretty good stuff for about one album, then came the Alice Manilow shit like " I Never Cry" and "You And Me" and Alice became the definition of a sell-out, shmoozing with politicians and movie stars. The old band were forgotten (even though they helped write the songs that made Alice a star in the first place), and Alice is now a right-wing restaraunt entrepeneur who sings "School's Out" at college graduations.
At least Ozzy treats Black Sabbath with some respect and will acknowledge their contributions to his success.Alice Cooper has selective amnesia about his past.
I didn't mean to take so long,but a lot of younger people don't even know that Alice Cooper was ever a band, and that's not right. Go out and buy "Love It To Death", "Killer", or "School's Out". You won't regret it.

bueno bob
02-20-2005, 03:05 AM
I'm admittedly split on the issue. I'm in favor of Tony firing Ozzy and getting Tony Martin back, just so we can actually GET a Sabbath album on a semi-regular basis, but I also feel the only reason that the final Sabbath/Ozzy album hasn't seen the light of day is because of Sharon's influence. It did wonders for him in the 80s and the MTV thing certainly made him a renewed household name, but his careers suffered for it...Down to Earth was a dismal album I imagine they figured would sell simply due to MTV; same for Sharon's shitty talk show...

Things could be different, but Ozzy should really be listening to Gloria Butler if he's going to take on any female influence at this point...Gloria would make that Sabbath album happen.

Panamark
02-20-2005, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by blueturk
A little history lesson is in store here. In 1971-1973, Alice Cooper (the band) defined shock rock with a stage show that scared the hell out of parents with fucking great songs to back it up. They were heroes to a lot of teenagers (like myself).
Then Alice Cooper (the singer) pretty much dumped his band (who were also his high school buddies) and hooked up with some (admittedly great) studio guys and proceeded to put out some pretty good stuff for about one album, then came the Alice Manilow shit like " I Never Cry" and "You And Me" and Alice became the definition of a sell-out, shmoozing with politicians and movie stars. The old band were forgotten (even though they helped write the songs that made Alice a star in the first place), and Alice is now a right-wing restaraunt entrepeneur who sings "School's Out" at college graduations.
At least Ozzy treats Black Sabbath with some respect and will acknowledge their contributions to his success.Alice Cooper has selective amnesia about his past.
I didn't mean to take so long,but a lot of younger people don't even know that Alice Cooper was ever a band, and that's not right. Go out and buy "Love It To Death", "Killer", or "School's Out". You won't regret it.

Didnt know all that. Thanks for the history lesson, which band did "Welcome to my Nightmare" as this was probably his biggest success, yeah ??

I loved that "Schools out" era. That rocked.

blueturk
02-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Didnt know all that. Thanks for the history lesson, which band did "Welcome to my Nightmare" as this was probably his biggest success, yeah ??

I loved that "Schools out" era. That rocked.

The new band (with Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter on guitars) did WTMN. It's not bad, but it does contain "Only Women Bleed", the first Alice Manilow song. "Billion Dollar Babies" was their biggest album, going to #1 in 1973.WTMN was the first Alice Cooper "solo " album,peaking at #5 in 1975.

Diver Down NJ
02-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Damn, I also thought this would be an apology to Daisley/Kerslake. Ah well, fuck Ozzy then.

degüello
02-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug

Ha! Perfect, fucking perfect, FB. :D:D:D

Wayne L.
02-22-2005, 03:08 PM
Ozzy Osbourne is a rock legend of the highest degree who changed the face of rock & roll in the 70's as a member of Black Sabbath as well as becoming a successful solo artist in his own right along with being out of his mind sometimes & fans who think he has soldout because of the reality series The Osbournes have to remember this will only a be small part & not the whole picture of his over 30 years of rocking.

DLR7884
02-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
Ozzy Osbourne is a rock legend of the highest degree who changed the face of rock & roll in the 70's as a member of Black Sabbath as well as becoming a successful solo artist in his own right along with being out of his mind sometimes & fans who think he has soldout because of the reality series The Osbournes have to remember this will only a be small part & not the whole picture of his over 30 years of rocking.

Wayne, what book are you getting this from?

DLR7884
Your posts need a bibliography....they obviously aren't your thoughts.

Wayne L.
02-22-2005, 04:51 PM
You never heard of Ozzy or Sabbath until about 10 years ago so I wouldn't be talking like an ass DLR7884.

DLR7884
02-22-2005, 05:09 PM
You never heard of Ozzy or Sabbath until about 10 years ago so I wouldn't be talking like an ass DLR7884.

I'm not talking, I'm typing.....fuckhead.

DLR7884
Still living with mommy?

katie
02-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by DLR7884
I'm not talking, I'm typing.....fuckhead.

DLR7884
Still living with mommy?

Ha! LOL - Way to go buddy!
I do belive he stole the *mummy * line from me.

DLR7884
02-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by katie
Ha! LOL - Way to go buddy!
I do belive he stole the *mummy * line from me.

Katherine-

Don't take credit for this one.

I've been making fun of Wayne for being 41 and living with his mother for quite some time now.

DLR7884
I thought you knew that though?

katie
02-22-2005, 05:42 PM
I saw 2 Black Sabbath videos on VH1 Classic last night....Ozzy is just a shell of his former self.

DLR7884
Sellout!

WOW! 2 Black Sabbath videos!
That MUST make you an expert.

Stop it DLR7884 you are making yourself look like a prick again.

katie
02-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Katherine-

Don't take credit for this one.

I've been making fun of Wayne for being 41 and living with his mother for quite some time now.

DLR7884
I thought you knew that though?

You said YOU was going to ban me.
You have no power to ban anyone.
You have made yourself look a prick by saying this.
I shall keep reminding you that i am still here.
So c'mon you cunt BAN ME!

DLR7884
02-22-2005, 05:47 PM
WOW! 2 Black Sabbath videos!
That MUST make you an expert.

Stop it DLR7884 you are making yourself look like a prick again.

First off, you responded to a post I made a week ago and you took it out of context (as usual).

Are you saying that the Ozzy Osbourne you see in fucking Pepsi commercials during the Superbowl is as much of a badass as the Ozzy who sang for Black Sabbath?

DLR7884
Answer the question, dumpster crotch.

DLR7884
02-22-2005, 05:50 PM
You said YOU was going to ban me.
You have no power to ban anyone.
You have made yourself look a prick by saying this.
I shall keep reminding you that i am still here.
So c'mon you cunt BAN ME!

I never said I'd ban you, I said I'd get you banned.

DLR7884
If and when you do get banned it will be because of me....know that gutterslut.

katie
02-22-2005, 05:50 PM
First off, you responded to a post I made a week ago and you took it out of context (as usual).

Are you saying that the Ozzy Osbourne you see in fucking Pepsi commercials during the Superbowl is as much of a badass as the Ozzy who sang for Black Sabbath?

DLR7884

WOW! 2 Videos HA HA HA HA HA

DLR7884
02-22-2005, 05:53 PM
WOW! 2 Videos HA HA HA HA HA

DLR7884

katie
I never said I'd ban you, I said I'd get you banned.

DLR7884

Oh my god i am SO sorry i did not realise that you have so much power (LOL).
Oh no how could i live with that thought?

HEY buddy go fuck yourself.
Will that get me banned?

DLR7884

DLR7884

bueno bob
02-22-2005, 05:56 PM
OK, if any of you fuckers need a Black Sabbath expert, I've been eating, breathing and sleeping all things Black Sabbath since 1980; I know there are a few around here with some age on me, but I'll throw my hat into the mix.

DLR7884
02-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
OK, if any of you fuckers need a Black Sabbath expert, I've been eating, breathing and sleeping all things Black Sabbath since 1980; I know there are a few around here with some age on me, but I'll throw my hat into the mix.

Is Ozzy the same badass now that he used to be when he was in Sabbath?

Remember the Pepsi commercial with the Osmonds?

DLR7884
Our resident cunt katie won't answer this question for me.

bueno bob
02-22-2005, 06:03 PM
Is Ozzy the same badass now that he used to be when he was in Sabbath?

Remember the Pepsi commercial with the Osmonds?

DLR7884
Our resident cunt katie won't answer this question for me.

THE ANSWER IS NO!

For emphasis:

DLR7884
02-22-2005, 06:06 PM
THE ANSWER IS NO!

That's what everyone else thinks, except for katie.

Her stinky snatch fumes must be getting to her head....she isn't answering the question.

DLR7884
Or it's feeding time and she left the computer lab at the nuthouse.

bueno bob
02-22-2005, 06:06 PM
No, Ozzy is definately NOT the same lunatic behind the mic these days. Listen to "Reunion"; watch "The Last Supper". Sure, there are momentary flashes of fun, but his voice is shot and he's slowed down so much it's hardly like watching the same band. Geez and Tony are still in great shape, and Bill's fine so long as his hearts not stopping, but Ozzy's just not in stage shape and probably won't ever be again.

The impact of The Osbournes was unmeasurable; where once we had senators looking to ban his music outright due to it's content and imagery, now we've got GW inviting him to the White House for dinner.

MTV did one hell of a job of pussifying Ozzy; they took the teeth right out of any bite he had left, and even that wasn't much.

DLR7884
02-22-2005, 06:17 PM
No, Ozzy is definately NOT the same lunatic behind the mic these days. Listen to "Reunion"; watch "The Last Supper". Sure, there are momentary flashes of fun, but his voice is shot and he's slowed down so much it's hardly like watching the same band. Geez and Tony are still in great shape, and Bill's fine so long as his hearts not stopping, but Ozzy's just not in stage shape and probably won't ever be again.

The impact of The Osbournes was unmeasurable; where once we had senators looking to ban his music outright due to it's content and imagery, now we've got GW inviting him to the White House for dinner.

MTV did one hell of a job of pussifying Ozzy; they took the teeth right out of any bite he had left, and even that wasn't much.

Very well said.

DLR7884
:)

katie
02-22-2005, 06:39 PM
What planet are you on DLR7884?

You remind me of the small boy who hides behind bigger boys at school.

Like that threat to get me banned etc
You know the one when you was telling us all about YOUR *connections* (You do make me laugh)

You are very strange as well as sad and when you turn your computer off tonight i bet you sleep alone.

Good night you sad lonely fucker

blueturk
02-23-2005, 03:08 AM
Where Have All The Good Times Gone!

Wayne L.
02-23-2005, 06:57 AM
LOL!!!!!!! DLR7884 is a loser & a wasted mind with a wasted life & he cansay anything he wants about me since it's not the truth. BTW, I LOVE long legs & sexy feet on beautiful women & I know my rock & roll unlike DLR7884 who is gay & crazy!!!!!

katie
02-23-2005, 07:33 AM
I saw 2 Black Sabbath videos on VH1 Classic last night.

DLR7884
Sellout!

Sorry just had to repost this classic! (LOL)
Wow! two videos - I can't wait till i see some Sabbath videos as well(LOL)

DLR7884
02-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Sorry just had to repost this classic! (LOL)
Wow! two videos - I can't wait till i see some Sabbath videos as well(LOL)

Out of context again...

DLR7884
What's new?

DLR7884
02-23-2005, 09:52 AM
LOL!!!!!!! DLR7884 is a loser & a wasted mind with a wasted life & he cansay anything he wants about me since it's not the truth. BTW, I LOVE long legs & sexy feet on beautiful women & I know my rock & roll unlike DLR7884 who is gay & crazy!!!!!

Wasted mind? I can spell you can't.

Wasted life? You are 41 and live with your mother.

What's not the truth....It's obvious that you can't spell and as of last August your goal in life was for your career as a lyricist to pick up so that you could move out of your mommy's house.

You love long longs and beatiful feet.....on your cousin....as you admitted in the past.

I feel another Wayne L. meltdown coming.

DLR7884
By the way, where the fuck have you been Wayne?

DLR7884
02-23-2005, 09:53 AM
What planet are you on DLR7884?
You are very strange as well as sad and when you turn your computer off tonight i bet you sleep alone.

Good night you sad lonely fucker

Actually I go to bed every night with my girlfriend.....and usually we fuck like animals before we go to sleep.

DLR7884
Does thinking about that wet your stinkbox?

Shaun Ponsonby
02-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Ladies and gentlemen...need we get personal?

Surely if you are to fight, you should PM each other with abuse.

katie
02-23-2005, 02:01 PM
And now back to our Black Sabbath expert DLR7884 (LOL)!

I saw 2 Black Sabbath videos on VH1 Classic last night.

DLR7884
Sellout!

bueno bob
02-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Ladies and gentlemen...need we get personal?

Surely if you are to fight, you should PM each other with abuse.

Well what fuckin' fun is that?

All you fuckers need to know about Black Sabbath is that Tony Iommi was, is, and always will be THE MAN.

That is all.

DLR7884
02-23-2005, 03:06 PM
and you all need to know that katie is a cunt.

DLR7884
and she smells really band and has never had sex.

bueno bob
02-23-2005, 03:18 PM
Noted, lmao!

:D

katie
02-23-2005, 06:50 PM
and you all need to know that katie is a cunt.

You have only just realised this! You really are stupid!!!
DLR7884 You are depriving a village of an idiot!

Vivian Campbell
02-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Ozzy era Sabbath is overrated. Ozzy was and will always be a gimmick. He is a whore who will sell himself out and screw anyone within range. To me, if you want Sabbath at its peak, listen to the stuff from 1980-82. Dio's first two albums with Sabbath blow Ozzy's stuff away. Even the 1992 short-lived reunion was better than the has-beens posing as Black Sabbath today.

Dio, not Ozzy, is the metal-god. He never sold out.

http://www.black-sabbath.com/gallery/albums/album13/warddio80.jpg

http://www.ananova.com/images/news/ozzyosbournepalacepa359x500.jpg

bueno bob
02-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
Ozzy era Sabbath is overrated. Ozzy was and will always be a gimmick. He is a whore who will sell himself out and screw anyone within range. To me, if you want Sabbath at its peak, listen to the stuff from 1980-82. Dio's first two albums with Sabbath blow Ozzy's stuff away. Even the 1992 short-lived reunion was better than the has-beens posing as Black Sabbath today.

http://www.ananova.com/images/news/ozzyosbournepalacepa359x500.jpg

Well, all I gots to say about that...is this...

\,,/

Panamark
02-25-2005, 06:00 AM

Original Sabbath was the reason we have metal today. That
stuff was classic. Ok, Sharon sold Ozzy out.
(Do you think Ozzy could sell himself out) Ozzy always had
a haunting voice. Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman
(With Randy) and all the original Sabbath recordings
are benchmarks to this day, no matter what your personal
thoughts of the Osbourne empire. I cant stand Sharon's
selling out of Ozzy, but Im not going to let that get in the
way of some of the greatest Rock and Roll ever released.

I agree that DIO is great. But you are in denial if you think the
latter day Osbourne sellout can destroy the early legacy.
That stuff is way too powerful.

Vivian Campbell
02-25-2005, 08:00 AM
Original Sabbath was the reason we have metal today. That
stuff was classic. Ok, Sharon sold Ozzy out.

Oh, I will never deny the impact of the original Black Sabbath. Yes, they were ground breaking, but so was the cave man when he created the wheel. Does that mean the cave man is better than every human that came after him? I know music is all a matter of taste, but I can't see how ANYONE can listen to Paranoid, Vol 4, and Technical Ecstasy followed by Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules, and Dehumanizer, and tell me that, vocally, lyrically and guitar wise, the Ozzy days were better.

I agree that Sharon is a duplicitous person, but I think Ozzy is the genius behind "Ozzy Oil." Behind the stuttering and mumbling, there is a calculating person that has collaborated with this woman to create a evolving gimmick that has lasted for 30 years.

I agree that DIO is great. But you are in denial if you think the
latter day Osbourne sellout can destroy the early legacy.
That stuff is way too powerful.

Uhhhh, if Eddie can do it, anyone can.

I look at this reunion, rather than the Pepsi commercials and reality tv stuff, and say "wow, what a pathetic piece of crap." This reunion has been the biggest disappointment in metal history. For two long decades, I doubt people were clamoring for the day when they could see Ozzy mumble through Paranoid on the Oz-Fest tour while Iommi thinks about the latest crap he’ll churn out with Glenn Hughes. A kick ass album would be nice.

Vivian Campbell
02-25-2005, 08:01 AM
http://fusionanomaly.net/ozzydio.jpg

Panamark
02-25-2005, 08:27 AM
Ok Sabbath aside, Diary and Blizzard are better than any of the DIO/Sabbath albums...

Now Holy Diver and Last in Line were fine albums !

katie
04-03-2005, 08:39 PM
You have only just realised this! You really are stupid!!!
DLR7884 You are depriving a village of an idiot!

I can't belive they made *you* mod (LOL)

tydhurst
04-03-2005, 10:01 PM
I prefer Led Zeppelin.

Seshmeister
04-03-2005, 10:05 PM

"I'm not doing a photo shoot with the band unless I get to stand on a wall"

MAX
04-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Fuck, I'm prolly in the minority but I thought that first season of "The Osbournes" was hilarious. Never watched it after the initial hype wore off. There was one episode where Ozzy was stoned out of his mind and went outside trying to catch his cat. I practically pissed my pants. I say more power to him making that kind of bread at this stage in his career. That Pepsi commercial was funny as well. Sure, it went too far after a while but I still found him hilarious.

tomballin
04-03-2005, 11:46 PM
If Oz finally has his shit together, tells Sharon to fuck off, and does a "Live and Loud" type Tour,,,,,I'll be front row, and "we will all be going to hell that night", lol.

For me, a L-n-L Tour wouldn't be the same without Randy Castillo (RIP), but yeah I like the Jake Lee idea, if the guy is still great.

Hell, Oz is 57 and done enough drugs to fill up 2 cruise liners. I have to give him a little slack, he's still alive, baawaa.

The Scatologist
04-04-2005, 01:01 AM
When I looked at this picture....

I was like, wtf? Iommi is shorter then Dio?

Then I saw where Dio's feet were:D

rustoffa
04-04-2005, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by The Scatologist
When I looked at this picture....

I was like, wtf? Iommi is shorter then Dio?

Then I saw where Dio's feet were:D

He's the first in line.

DLR'sCock
04-04-2005, 02:16 AM
OK, well the show is non-existent to me...so he has no reason to apologise, just put out a Sabbath album and give Daisley and Kerslake their fair due....we all know that Daisley wrote most of the lyrics, and then later on well Zakk wrote alot of them too.....

BTW, on a side note, I saw Zakk and BLS on sat night, what a fucking show!!!!

and earlier this week on wed I saw Steve Vai!!!

what a week!!!

Panamark
04-04-2005, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Fuck, I'm prolly in the minority but I thought that first season of "The Osbournes" was hilarious. Never watched it after the initial hype wore off. There was one episode where Ozzy was stoned out of his mind and went outside trying to catch his cat. I practically pissed my pants. I say more power to him making that kind of bread at this stage in his career. That Pepsi commercial was funny as well. Sure, it went too far after a while but I still found him hilarious.

Not in the minority MAX, I also laughed at every Osbournse episode I watched. Some were better than others. If you read old interviews with Bill Ward, he always said Ozzy was a comedian and should have his
own TV show.. Prophetic ??

Shaun Ponsonby
04-04-2005, 12:29 PM
I didn't mind some of the first series of The Osbournes, it was about Ozzy on tour. But, when he was chasing that Goddamn Cat. Fuck. I can't that image out of my head.

tomballin
04-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug

Hey, don't screw with Ozzy, he's J.R. Ewing's evil twin brother, lol.

http://img128.exs.cx/img128/9229/jrordallas29tf.jpg

Ozzy Oil Osbourne in the video:

"The Ultimate Sin"

Download this "pure Ozzy" video: * Here * (http://s16.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=114SF4VMHSWFM19C0U24HPCUIV)

RealOne Player/*.rm - Full Screen/HQ, 18.5 MB

bueno bob
04-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Musically, Sabbath was superior with Dio at the helm. Ronnie knew how to bring out the very best in Iommi and Butler, and he helped evolve their sound to the next reasonable stage...had Ozzy stayed on past 1979, 1980 would have resulted in "Never Say Die Vol. 2: The Revenge", and I think that's something that EVERY Sabbath fan could have passed on easily.

Ronnie was just what Sabbath needed at exactly the right time - a REAL lead vocalist (meaning: one capable of writing his own lyrics), and a musician too (let's not forget that Ronnie is a talented bassist and keyboardist as well), so Ronnie knew how to shape the music and create the best possible atmosphere for Sabbath, both musically and lyrically.

Did he bring Rainbow to Sabbath? Sure. Ron did an almost about face from Elf when he joined on with Blackmore, but even Elf was kinda starting to hint at where Ronnie was going - a heavier sound (for example, pick up a copy or download the Elf songs "Black Swampy Water" and/or "Wonderworld" - they're both almost blueprints to the eventual "Dio Sound").

As far as Ozzy's concerned today, he's writing off a new Sabbath album one minute and promising a new one the next, he flits back and forth with his answers from week to week, so who knows where it's going to go...I think there might be some potential for a new Sabbath album with Ozzy fronting, but it's not going to be outstanding; I think Iommi and Geezer will channel the music into a heavier direction and Ozzy's branched out into so many different offshoots musically, I don't think it'll mesh really well.

I have to say that the best possible option for Iommi, Butler, Ward and Osbourne at this point is this:

Ozzy should continue on solo. He's not going to do great business, but he knows that, Sony knows that, and he just work in relative obscurity (at least by comparison to the pinnacle of his solo career) until he dies, period.

Geezer Butler should focus on his g//z/r project full time - it's fast, it's heavy, it's outstandingly good (btw, his "Ohmwork" album is due very soon!)

Bill...who cares what he does...

And for Tony? I'd love to see him continue recording, but not with Glenn Hughs. There are worse choices he could make (do you hear me, Kelly Keeling?) in the Deep Purple flavored family, but I think a solo Iommi is better served by either following the format of multiple lead singers (and THEN use Glenn Hughs for touring purposes, if need be) or finding someone more in the direct vein of the music to sing it and write it with (such as, I don't know...Lee Dorrian, Christian Linderson, Scott Weinrich, Messiah Marcolin maybe...somebody who understands what SLOW and HEAVY and DOOMY is supposed to be out, because Glenn Hughs doesn't). If the next Iommi/Hughs full length is good, I'll eat my hat, but the 96 DEP Sessions are any indication, I don't expect much...still, with Iommi, anything's possible so I'll judge when it lands.

If there's any Sabbath activity on the horizon, frankly, I think it needs to be a process of Tony and Geezer calling Ronnie and Vinny and doing a 4th album, maybe another live album, then calling it a day. If Ronnie turns the offer down (which I really don't think he will, considering the kind things he's had to say about Iommi lately), call up Tony Martin and run it out.

Ozzy...I just can't see him contributing anything productive to a future Sabbath project, not at this stage in the game.

Panamark
04-05-2005, 02:37 AM
One day all you non-original lineup bastards will figure it out ! :)

tomballin
04-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Video: LeftClick-Stream or RightClick-Download

Don't fook with Japanese Ozzy Fans. Funny video, Japanese Ozzy Fans Interviewed. Why do you like Ozzy? - 4:32 Minutes

* Here * (http://www.ifilm.com/WMPPlaylist.asx?ifilmId=2436869&bandwidth=300)

http://img97.exs.cx/img97/7133/ozzymugshot8jb.jpg

tomballin
04-05-2005, 08:38 AM
LeftClick-Stream or RightClick-Download

Video: Ozzy Osbourne: In My Life (2005)
Cue the archival footage of the Ozz-man in all his awe-inspiring
insanity looking back on his Vida Loca.

* Here * (http://www.ifilm.com/WMPPlaylist.asx?ifilmId=2667748&bandwidth=300)

http://img97.exs.cx/img97/8052/ozzyoilx38ff.jpg

FORD
04-05-2005, 03:25 PM
http://fusionanomaly.net/ozzydio.jpg

Now THAT had to be one of the most tension-filled moments in rock n roll history!

Where's that pic from? Did DIO play US '83? Ozzy's mullet looks like it's from that era, since it was the outgrowth of his recently shaved head.

FORD
04-05-2005, 03:33 PM
I know music is all a matter of taste, but I can't see how ANYONE can listen to Paranoid, Vol 4, and Technical Ecstasy followed by Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules, and Dehumanizer, and tell me that, vocally, lyrically and guitar wise, the Ozzy days were better.

I'll definitely give you "Dehumanizer" over "Technical Ecstasy", but there's no way "Heaven & Hell" beats "Paranoid". And I believe that Vol 4 is very underrated though I haven't listened to Mob Rules in a while.

I will say this though... "Live Evil" was definitely a better album than "Speak of the Devil"

katie
04-05-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by FORD

I will say this though... "Live Evil" was definitely a better album than "Speak of the Devil"

So you prefer Dio signing Ozzy songs more than Ozzy?
Strange.............

Panamark
04-06-2005, 02:26 AM
I still say Blizzard and Diary crap all over the DIO/Sabbath albums.
(Im sure one Randy Rhoads has a lot to do with that)

BTW, Im a fan of DIO and Sabbath...

bueno bob
04-06-2005, 10:34 AM
So you prefer Dio signing Ozzy songs more than Ozzy?
Strange.............

One of the original problems Geezer had with Ronnie was that, according to Geezer, Ronnie "gothed up" Ozzy's material on Live Evil too much. I don't really see it as a matter of that, I just think Ronnie added his own spin on the songs and gave them a different sort of delivery.

I don't think he's saying that he prefers Dio singing Ozzy's material (although, truth be told, Ronnie's about 3000 times the vocalist that Ozzy ever was); I think it's more of a comment on the music and the production, delivery, et al. "Speak of the Devil" was tanked by Brad Gillis' paper-thin guitar work and the traditional heavy sound of Sabbath was completely absent...."Live Evil", while a shitty mix (and that's a whole new can of worms right there), at least had Tony Iommi's trademark oppressive riffs and heaviness.

I would agree; "Speak of the Devil" was wrecked by the complete lack of guitar presence on the part of Brad Gillis and the whole album just sounds hollow because there's so little to his playing, but, that's just me and that's what I took from it....

bueno bob
04-06-2005, 10:36 AM
(Im sure one Randy Rhoads has a lot to do with that)

BTW, Im a fan of DIO and Sabbath...

For me, Blizzard, Diary, Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules are both pretty diverse from each other, musically...it's very difficult for me to compare them to each other and judge one set of albums over the other. I love both Blizzard and Diary, true, but I also love H&H and Mob Rules just as equally...

katie
04-06-2005, 11:34 AM
One of the original problems Geezer had with Ronnie was that, according to Geezer, Ronnie "gothed up" Ozzy's material on Live Evil too much. I don't really see it as a matter of that, I just think Ronnie added his own spin on the songs and gave them a different sort of delivery.

I don't think he's saying that he prefers Dio singing Ozzy's material (although, truth be told, Ronnie's about 3000 times the vocalist that Ozzy ever was); I think it's more of a comment on the music and the production, delivery, et al. "Speak of the Devil" was tanked by Brad Gillis' paper-thin guitar work and the traditional heavy sound of Sabbath was completely absent...."Live Evil", while a shitty mix (and that's a whole new can of worms right there), at least had Tony Iommi's trademark oppressive riffs and heaviness.

I would agree; "Speak of the Devil" was wrecked by the complete lack of guitar presence on the part of Brad Gillis and the whole album just sounds hollow because there's so little to his playing, but, that's just me and that's what I took from it....

Thats a fair point you make there.
I remember back in *the* day when 'Speak' first came out,
We thought this was *THE* LP as at the time as there was only the crappy *Live At last* available by Sabbath and *Speak* just blew it apart!

You raise some very good points.
Top Post!

Katie

katie
04-06-2005, 11:35 AM
I must admit though,
Over the years i have grown to LOVE 'Live At Last' as i just LOVE live Sabbath!

bueno bob
04-06-2005, 02:27 PM
I must admit though,
Over the years i have grown to LOVE 'Live At Last' as i just LOVE live Sabbath!

"Live at Last" was an acquired taste for me, also...it took some time (and finally some decent packaging as a direct album, back in...'97? '98? Can't remember) for it to actually grow on me a bit.

Stacking up "Live at Last" to "Speak of the Devil" back in the day, though, I can definitely see the comparison and see how you'd come to that reaction...I had a hatred of "Live at Last" since it was just one of those crappy record label issue things and not an official release from Sabbath, erego it didn't really do them any benefit to be out there...and the impression I got from Sabbath as a live act was that they often meandered and spent an undue amount of time tuning on stage! Which, of course, wasn't really the case, but with that being the only readily available live Sabbath documentation for a while (at least two years), you had what you had.

bueno bob
04-06-2005, 02:28 PM
BTW, 5 star for you for taste in Sabbath :)

katie
04-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Musically, Sabbath was superior with Dio at the helm. Ronnie knew how to bring out the very best in Iommi and Butler, and he helped evolve their sound to the next reasonable stage...had Ozzy stayed on past 1979, 1980 would have resulted in "Never Say Die Vol. 2: The Revenge", and I think that's something that EVERY Sabbath fan could have passed on easily.

I give the credit to Martin Birch the producer of H&H and M/Rules.
As Sabbath produced Never Say Die themselves so only had themselves to blame. With Martin at the helm this would not happen again.

bueno bob
04-06-2005, 08:48 PM
I give the credit to Martin Birch the producer of H&H and M/Rules.
As Sabbath produced Never Say Die themselves so only had themselves to blame. With Martin at the helm this would not happen again.

Exactly!

I've wondered why they haven't worked with him in the time since then...they've certainly made worse choices (Robin Black, Ernie C, etc)....

If Sabbath does actually do another album together (and who knows? 2005 would be the year to do it, marking the 35th anneversary of 'Black Sabbath'), Martin would be the guy to look at, I think.

Seshmeister
04-06-2005, 08:54 PM

I would go further and sat that Blizzard and Diary crap all over ALL the Sabbath albums.

Completely different league.

katie
04-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I would go further and sat that Blizzard and Diary crap all over ALL the Sabbath albums.

Completely different band

Completely different decade

Completely different management

katie
04-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Exactly!

I've wondered why they haven't worked with him in the time since then...they've certainly made worse choices (Robin Black, Ernie C, etc)....

If Sabbath does actually do another album together (and who knows? 2005 would be the year to do it, marking the 35th anneversary of 'Black Sabbath'), Martin would be the guy to look at, I think.

Can't see Sharon allowing this to happen as Martin Birch has that Dio connection.

And i think Ozzy *may* want to go for a 21st century (ahem) cutting edge (think kerrang bands) producer.

Good train of thought though Bob.

rustoffa
04-06-2005, 09:26 PM

'Juniors Eyes' is a grate song.

bueno bob
04-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
'Juniors Eyes' is a grate song.

Never Say Die isn't particularly recognizable as Sabbath short of Ozzy and Tony, but it's still solid as far as songwriting's concerned. Juniors Eyes, A Hard Road, Shock Wave, Over to You, Swinging the Chain...all of them are repeatedly listenable, even if they're not Sabbath Bloody Sabbath or Symptom of the Universe.

Frankly, I thought Never Say Die was actually better than Technical Ecstasy.

bueno bob
04-06-2005, 10:23 PM

I could send Tony Iommi to your house to destroy you with extreme prejudice.

Panamark
04-07-2005, 07:55 AM

Yes, I often have this argument with myself.
But there are seriously some Original Sabbath songs that are
masterful. Ok, you dont have the slick work of RR, but theres
still the chill factor.. Backstreet Kids ! How could you not
Rock out to that or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath ???
Raw but awesome in its own way..

But I have played Diary and Blizzard more times than
any Sabbath album, I have to admit..

tomballin
04-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Fuck Sabbath and Fuck Tony

Just give us our Live & Loud Reunion Tour

and we will all let Randy (Castillo) (RIP) know that the Ozz and his fans can still put on a rocking, "we're all goin to hell" party!

tomballin
04-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Holy shite, I hope she filled out an organ donor card on those puppies, BB!

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=464932

bueno bob
04-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by tomballin
Holy shite, I hope she filled out an organ donor card on those puppies, BB!

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=464932

She's going to donate them to me - I'm planning on having them stuffed and propped up facing the ceiling on my bed...now, I also plan on keeping a bottle of oil around so that, well...never mind :)

bueno bob
04-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by tomballin
Fuck Sabbath and Fuck Tony

Just give us our Live & Loud Reunion Tour

and we will all let Randy (Castillo) (RIP) know that the Ozz and his fans can still put on a rocking, "we're all goin to hell" party!

The thing about Ozzy live is that he can't really carry it anymore, I think Reunion was kinda proof of that, each year his live presence deteriorates a bit more...Live and Loud won't be coming back, I fear...

Personally, my Ozzy tour of choice would be the No Rest for the Wicked era - I felt No More Tears was a weak album and too radio friendly of a production, but No Rest for the Wicked, on the flip side, was the last dose of the unleashed Black Ozz, unrestrained and in all it's glory...the best of his solo material was presented along with the traditional Sabbath cuts, no filler...

Just my opinion.

tomballin
04-08-2005, 02:13 AM
She's going to donate them to me - I'm planning on having them stuffed and propped up facing the ceiling on my bed...now, I also plan on keeping a bottle of oil around so that, well...never mind :)

baawaa! Ya know, I have always been an ass man, but for that, I could change in my old age,

I MEAN,,,,,I COULD REALLYYYYYYY CHANGE!

Shite, never thought I would wish I was a tree, she is standing up against, LOL.