PDA

View Full Version : BLACK SABBATH And IRON MAIDEN To Headline This Year's OZZFEST

BARE BONE
02-15-2005, 04:48 PM
BLACK SABBATH and IRON MAIDEN will headline the 10th anniversary edition of Ozzfest, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. In addition, ANTHRAX's "Among the Living" lineup — featuring vocalist Joey Belladonna, guitarist Dan Spitz and bassist Frank Bello — is said to have secured a slot on the main stage at the festival, which is expected to kick off in mid-July.

According to unconfirmed reports, the Ozzfest 2005 shows will start later than the previous 9:00 a.m. kick-off time and will include more non-rotating slots on the second stage.

Prior to headlining the 2005 edition of Ozzfest, BLACK SABBATH will embark on a short European tour, which will include an appearance at the U.K.'s Download festival (where they will headline the "Ozzfest" day on June 11).

Shaun Ponsonby
02-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Sabbath and Maiden, eh? That's good shit, man.

DLR'sCock
02-15-2005, 05:56 PM
HOLY SHIT???!!!!!???!?!?!

BUT, Maiden don't need to do Ozzfest. They have headlined in the states for the last few tours no problem, playing the sheds and arenas. They SOLD OUT MSG everytime, and every show that came here locally..

Still this will rock...

So MAIDEN on OZZFEST, and Priest doing their Headlining tour with a bunch of great bands!!!

I was wondering if Maiden were going to do Ozzfest.

loss of fools
02-15-2005, 06:02 PM
why cant maiden be headlining the sunday of download instead of fucking system of a down.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Actually, Mr Fools, that's a good point. SOD suck a lotta ass-and Maiden don't. It seems to make sense to me.

Atomic_Rob
02-15-2005, 07:20 PM
SOAD are shit and I'm not a fan of Maiden but would much rather Maiden did it than system.

Anybody ordered Download or Ozzfest tickets?

Hardrock69
02-16-2005, 12:34 AM
IF this is true....I am SO MOTHERFUCKING THERE...
I mean...I thought I had died and gone to hell LAST year when it was Black Sabbath/Judas Priest/Slayer.......

Now This? AND ANTHRAX TOO????

**HR hunts around the house for something to sacrifice to the Metal Gods in the hopes Ozzfest 2005 plays where I live....**

Soul Reaper
02-16-2005, 01:21 PM
HOLY SHIT!!! That's gonna be one hell of a concert!

Why do we get crappy indie bands and SOAD headlining Download??!!

Shaun Ponsonby
02-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Because agents and promoters don't care what ceratin festivals are supposed to stand for-they just like selling out, hence having an indie day at Download.

DeadMan1984
02-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Damn, Sabbath, Maiden, and reunited 'Thrax for OzzFest, should be one hell of a fuckin' show.

Diver Down NJ
02-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Awesome. I am there.

Shaun Ponsonby
03-26-2005, 08:13 AM
According to a post at Ozzfest.com, VELVET REVOLVER will perform at the August 27 Woodlands, TX stop of this year's Ozzfest, leading to speculation that VR will take over IRON MAIDEN's slot at the festival once co-headliners MAIDEN depart the tour. The posting also lists MUDVAYNE as being on the tour, although the Illinois quartet have not yet been officially added to the trek.

As previously reported, IRON MAIDEN will not be performing on the final seven dates of this year's Ozzfest due to prior touring commitments overseas. A replacement act has not yet been officially announced.

Hardrock69
03-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Hmmmm. Yeah it fucking sucks!!! Maiden will NOT be playing in Gnashville (^$#^$#@*%(&^$*^%$!!!!!!)

I suppose I could handle seeing VR one time....

Soul Reaper
03-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Hooray, there's an Ozzfest day at DOWNLOAD! that will hopefully make up for it.

Shaun Ponsonby
03-27-2005, 12:48 PM
VELVET REVOLVER are actually one of the best live bands I have seen for a while. They are immense. Because Scott Weiland has a better voice/is a better frontman/is a better songwriter than Axl Rose (plus, he doesn't insist on having extra keyboards/vocalists/writing 9 minute songs which don't work for the band he's in/doesn't cancel gigs 5 minutes before showtime/doesn't storm off stage half way through a song/doesn't attack audience members/fdoesn't cause riots on a regular basis unlike Axl Rose who does/did all those things) the Guns 'n' Roses songs work much better.

So, I ask you, Hardrock69 (happy birthday, by the way), do actually have the Velvet Revolver album and how many times have you listened to it? Because I (like most of the people I know) didn't think the album was that great to begin with, but it grew on us. Now, I think it was one of the best albums of 2004. And 'Fall To Pieces' was most certainly the best single.

Hardrock69
03-27-2005, 10:10 PM
No I have not got it. THe stuff I have heard is pretty damned good, and Slash is a motherfucker of a guitarist.

I think the heart of GNR is alive and well, and NOT in a band with Axle Grease!!!

bueno bob
03-28-2005, 01:55 AM
Well, I'll see Sabbath, but I don't care if it's Iron Maiden or Velvet Revolver, either...I'm skipping it. I haven't heard anything from VR that's impressed me to any great extent and Maiden's attitude towards American fans? Maiden can suck my dick and like it. I wouldn't go see them at this point if it was free.