PDA

View Full Version : Bon Scott

Rikk
02-19-2005, 12:18 AM
I would like to take a second to have a drink to another of my many personal heroes...

25 YEARS AGO TODAY, ORIGINAL AC/DC SINGER BON SCOTT DIED IN HIS FRIEND'S CAR AFTER A NIGHT OF DRINKING.

We love you, Bon. You are missed...for a quarter-century now.
http://www.nndb.com/people/523/000024451/bonscott03.jpg

Somewhere a clock strike midnight
And there's full moon in the sky
You hear a dog bark in the distance
You hear someone's baby cry

A rat runs down the alley
And a chill runs down your spine
And someone walks across a grave
And you'd wish the sun would shine

Cus no one's gonna warn ya
And no one's gonna yell attack
And you don't feel the steel
Til it's hanging out your back

Im your night prowler
Asleep in the day
Night prowler
Get out of my way
Yeah im your night prowler
Watch out tonight
Yes im your night prowler
When you turn off the light

Too scared to turn your light out
Cuz there's something on your mind
Was there a noise outside the window
Whats that shadow on the blind

As you lie there naked
Like a body in a tomb
Suspended animation
As I slip into your room

I'm your Night Prowler
Asleep in the day
Yeah im your Night Prowler
Get outta my way
Look out for the Night Prowler
Watch out tonight
Yes im your Night Prowler

I'm your Night Prowler
Asleep in the day
Yes I'm your Night Prowler
Get outta my way
Look out for the Night Prowler
Watch out tonight
Yes I'm your Night Prowler

I'm your Night Prowler
Break down your door
I'm your Night Prowler
Crawl on your floor
I'm your Night Prowler
Make a mess of you (yes I will)
Night Prowler

And I'm telling this to you
There aint nothing
There aint nothing
There's nothing you can do

BITEYOASS
02-19-2005, 12:27 AM
Time to start playing "Ride On"

Rikk
02-19-2005, 12:29 AM
Indeed. Amazing song. Amazing singer. He was my favorite member of AC/DC ever. I truly miss him. (And I was only four when he died.)

Northern Girl
02-19-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
another of my many personal heroes...

Another dead hero! Kewl! ;)

Matt White
02-19-2005, 01:10 AM
Indeed. Amazing song. Amazing singer. He was my favorite member of AC/DC ever. I truly miss him. (And I was only four when he died.)

My older Bro was a DJ in 1990, and I remember him telling me how weird it was when it came cross the AP wire on the 10th anniversary of his passing!

"Ain't it Funny How the Time Flys?!?" INDEED!!! :(

He was happy to see that in 1990 Bon was still famous enough to merit a mention by the AP!!!:D

I remember seeing LET THERE BE ROCK the night it opened in DETROIT! People running up and down the aisles in the theater, playing air guitar along with ANGUS! Pot & drinking everywhere INSIDE the theater! It was a MADHOUSE!!!

Atomic_Rob
02-19-2005, 01:32 AM
Myself and Lossoffools will be having a Bon Scott day all of today, his albums will be played at full volume.

25 years on and the world still loves him. His death is an absolute tragedy, he was one of the greatest front men ever.

http://www.geocities.com/bonfireband/bon3.JPG

http://www.buoy.com/~bonfire/bongrave.jpg

BON SCOTT 1946 - 1980 R.I.P

ELVIS
02-19-2005, 01:46 AM
I would like to take a second to have a drink to another of my many personal heroes...

25 YEARS AGO TODAY, ORIGINAL AC/DC SINGER BON SCOTT DIED IN HIS FRIEND'S CAR AFTER A NIGHT OF DRINKING.

I love Bon, but...

Having a drink in memory of someone who died from drinking doesn't sound quite right to me...

Sorry...

:elvis:

Rikk
02-19-2005, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I love Bon, but...

Having a drink in memory of someone who died from drinking doesn't sound quite right to me...

Sorry...

:elvis:

No offense, ELVIS, but AC/DC themselves dedicated a song on their next album to him called HAVE A DRINK ON ME.

And apparently, he died of hypothermia from freezing to death...not actual alcohol poisoning.

SoldMySoul4RnR
02-19-2005, 06:37 AM
Goddamn Bon Rocked! RIP brother!! Thanks for rocking our worlds :)

Jano
02-19-2005, 07:05 AM
Hello Rikk,you're right Bon was the Man for ACDC like Dave was for VH.Anyway do you know the song made long time ago by a french band name Trust for Bon?
The lead singer of that band was one of Bon's best friend.The name of the song is : "ton dernier acte"(your last gig in english) it's a great song!
But one thing about Bon's death.He chocked on his own vomit after he passed out !Too much to drink !But still he was a kickass singer!

Rikk
02-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Jano
Hello Rikk,you're right Bon was the Man for ACDC like Dave was for VH.Anyway do you know the song made long time ago by a french band name Trust for Bon?
The lead singer of that band was one of Bon's best friend.The name of the song is : "ton dernier acte"(your last gig in english) it's a great song!
But one thing about Bon's death.He chocked on his own vomit after he passed out !Too much to drink !But still he was a kickass singer!

Never heard that song. I take it it's actually in French? Still, sounds great to have a proper tribute.

I'm not sure about the vomit. I've read reports on both. He was apparently sitting in a car in the complete cold from something like 4am until 7pm the next evening. I read that he actually froze to death. But I'm not sure. (His friend was incompetent for leaving the drunken Bon there.) Anyway, it was just a stupid accident. I don't even think he was supposed to be an alcoholic. He just enjoyed having a good time and ended up having an unlucky morning.

Anyway, to me, he was the only singer for AC/DC.

Atomic_Rob
02-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Rikk, because of the nature of his death there are gonna be conflicting reports. I read that his friend left him in the car because he couldnt wake him and the way he was asleep in the car meant that he choked on his vomit.

I wouldnt of thought sleeping out in a car in London in February would make you freeze to death... Just an observation

BON FOREVER

Rikk
02-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Well, just like Bonham, it's a very stupid way to die... And Bonham died only seven months later!

The real AC/DC (in my book) and LED ZEPPELIN dead in such a short time. Then three months after Bonham, JOHN LENNON and any hope for THE BEATLES.

1980 was a very shitty year for music.

fe_lung
02-19-2005, 02:31 PM

Sorry...

Aaaah, but Bon would have wanted it that way!

Rikk
02-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung

Sorry...

Aaaah, but Bon would have wanted it that way!

Bon was a party man. He wouldn't have decried partying just because his death came from partying carelessness.

Shaun Ponsonby
02-19-2005, 03:35 PM
A toast to Bon

:bottle: :bottle: :bottle:

Ah, shit. Van Hagar just came on TV. BOLLOCKS.
:donkey: :donkey:

Atomic_Rob
02-19-2005, 06:09 PM
The issue of drinkin in memory of someone that died was also brought up in the Dimebag thread when Eddie turned up completely twatted, I dont see anything wrong with it personally.

It is a stupid way to die but unfortunately it happens and will happen again. Hendrix went the same way too I believe.

I wasnt alive but 1980 was a shit year for music!

Panamark
02-20-2005, 01:57 AM
We were lucky that he recorded such a large catalog before his
premature death. Brian took over admirably, but there can be
only one ! BON was the MAN !!

Classic AC/DC with BON. Cant be Beat

Ride on, BON !

loss of fools
02-20-2005, 04:20 PM
long live bon as much as i like brian he is and always will be ac/dc to me.