X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little_Skittles
    Foot Soldier
    • Dec 2004

Girls playing football

Aight here's the scoop, i'm thinking about going out for this football season i've never played before though and i don't really think any girl has ever been on the high school football team. I don't really know alot about the game but i wanna play. I've never seriously messed up anybones or anything like that so i'm thinking i should be ok. We've off season right now to get us ready and i think that would be a great idea to go to. I'm going to talk to the coach monday but i need advice right now how hard do they run you? Being a girl will they be out to get you?
    Do you love me peter? Yes of course my lord. Then feed my sheep.
  • wrigleyvillbabe
    Groupie
    • Jul 2004

I think your best bet would be special teams. You should work on punting, place kicking, and the like. I have read that a number of girls have participated in high school football in that capacity. It's the position where you have the most safety. I'm not trying to discourage you when I say this, but these guys would rip you apart if you tried anything else. So I think you should talk to your coach about being a kicker. Just my opinion.

Good luck,

WB

Comment

• Little_Skittles
      Foot Soldier
      • Dec 2004

Thanks ya i'm tall and so i can't be a running back them linemen if it's true what i've heard about them weighing 300 lbs i'd be snapped like a twig. So thanks wb i will go and talk to my coach.

Comment

• Ozzy Fudd
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Re: Girls playing football

Originally posted by Little_Skittles
        Aight here's the scoop, i'm thinking about going out for this football season i've never played before though and i don't really think any girl has ever been on the high school football team. I don't really know alot about the game but i wanna play. I've never seriously messed up anybones or anything like that so i'm thinking i should be ok. We've off season right now to get us ready and i think that would be a great idea to go to. I'm going to talk to the coach monday but i need advice right now how hard do they run you? Being a girl will they be out to get you?
        Do it Skittles !
        My Sons team had 2 girls on it and they wound up with a 10-0 season
        the two girls showed thay could mix it up with Any one and one even made MVP as well as my Son on defence .give" it your best shot play with your heart and you'll be on your way" i told my son theose same few words and he has been kicking ass for 3 years. his coach told me at the teams super bowl party that he see's him as one of his players that could wind up going all the way. i hope he sticks with it and makes his own dream come true.
        Roth Army MP
        Originally posted by Panamark
        Is there such a thing as a trailer park virgin?
        or is that just a chick that can run faster than her father and brothers ??
        Originally posted by BITEYOASS
        She looks like someone I wake up to after a night of drinking. Or someone I'd bang so a buddy of mine can get her hotter friend.
        Originally posted by JAY HALE
        so how's about you stop lying, log off and go practice.

Comment

• Little_Skittles
          Foot Soldier
          • Dec 2004

definitely make him go all the way don't let him quit if he's the talent. Thanks ozzy.

Comment

• MAX
            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Hey Skittles,

I admire your will but how serious are you about it? What position do you want to play? There are a lot of variables that go into it and it is a VERY rough game. I played from fourth grade all the way through highschool. I aquired several injuries but that's just a part of the game. Your heart has to be 100% into it. Playing Varsity or even Junior Varsity will take up a lot of your summer as well. You will have a morning practice, about a 90 minute break and then an afternoon/early evening practice. Once school starts you will also have to spend a lot of hours after school practicing. I definitely encourage anyone and everyone to challenge themselves and be active in sports. I'm just curious how into it you are and wanted to share a bit cos I did it for so many years? The rewards are stellar but again, it's a huge commitment.
            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Little_Skittles
              Foot Soldier
              • Dec 2004

i wanted to join in 7th grade and then i was like no i'm not serious about it. I wanted to go to their preseason and get in shape for volleyball and make varsity in that this year. Then someone said well do you think they'll let you practice with them if your not going to play?

Fact of the matter is i love football, it's the only american past time. This is high school i wanna be part of the team i wanna go and win state, obviously that ain't going to happen in volleyball.

Football is much harder yes i know they work your ass off. But right now they've got off season if i go to that and then this summer heck i can tackle it i'm pretty sure.

The position i wanna play is a linebacker, because in my opinion they're pretty important people, however i will need to get more muscle. Thanks for the advice and i'm really thinking about it. My heart so far is in this.

Comment

• DLRDUDE
                Roadie
                • Oct 2004

I'm pretty impressed with what you want to do. I would however suggest that you speak to a doctor regarding any chances of getting hurt that could hinder your chances of child bearing. Just a thought. Good luck to you.
                There are those that do and those that don't. Those that didn't see what those that did had done and wish they had especially when "She looked so F#*kin GOOD"

Comment

• Little_Skittles
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Dec 2004

Dang never thought about that possibility...thanks dude i owe you one. other than that though i've never really messed anything up sure i had a sprain but that's the worst of my injuries thus far....

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little_Skittles
                    The position i wanna play is a linebacker, because in my opinion they're pretty important people, however i will need to get more muscle. Thanks for the advice and i'm really thinking about it. My heart so far is in this.
                    Hats off to you and more power to you. Linebacker is an extremely important position and you're going to need a passion for knocking peoples skulls off. I'm not joking. I wanted that position cos I was also tall but unfortunately, I lacked the "bulk" so I ended up playing Safety cos I could hit hard and run fast. Seriously, I'm a football freak. I even played on intramural teams in both college and during my twenties until I severely broke my ankle making a catch about seven years ago. If you have ANY questions, honestly please feel free to shoot me pm's and I'd be more than happy to answer. I think it's great that you want to play. It was un heard of (girls playing) back in my day but I know that the times are changing. I admire that as well.
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Little_Skittles
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Dec 2004

Hahaha yeah i crave seeing blood in a football match not when a player gets so injured though that he has to be taken away an in ambulance but like a cut here or there ya. I'm tall and got some shoulders but dang if them linebackers are weighing in at 300 there's no way.

Those i think are the defensive tackles though i think. Center sounds like it would be a good position. Snap the ball and then block.

Comment

• DeadOrAlive
                        Veteran
                        • Jul 2004

WOW... a girl playing football... pretty fucking sexy if you ask me!!

Comment

• Little_Skittles
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Dec 2004

Oh your sucha sweetie doa.

Comment

• MAX
                            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

If you want to be a Center then you're looking at weighing in at a couple hundred plus pounds at your age. Linemen are always the biggest with the most meat on their colllective bones. They are like a solid wall. Center is a lot more than just snapping the ball. You also have to block the Nose Tackle and protect your Quarterback. Center is definitely a position for an extremely large person.
                            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Little_Skittles
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Dec 2004

Well hmm.. maybe the school should just start a girls football team. Since we're smaller and stuff. Our coach is good i'm sure he'll know what to do.

Comment

Working...