PDA

View Full Version : Girls playing football

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Aight here's the scoop, i'm thinking about going out for this football season i've never played before though and i don't really think any girl has ever been on the high school football team. I don't really know alot about the game but i wanna play. I've never seriously messed up anybones or anything like that so i'm thinking i should be ok. We've off season right now to get us ready and i think that would be a great idea to go to. I'm going to talk to the coach monday but i need advice right now how hard do they run you? Being a girl will they be out to get you?

wrigleyvillbabe
02-19-2005, 01:53 PM
I think your best bet would be special teams. You should work on punting, place kicking, and the like. I have read that a number of girls have participated in high school football in that capacity. It's the position where you have the most safety. I'm not trying to discourage you when I say this, but these guys would rip you apart if you tried anything else. So I think you should talk to your coach about being a kicker. Just my opinion.

Good luck,

WB

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks ya i'm tall and so i can't be a running back them linemen if it's true what i've heard about them weighing 300 lbs i'd be snapped like a twig. So thanks wb i will go and talk to my coach.

Ozzy Fudd
02-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Little_Skittles
Aight here's the scoop, i'm thinking about going out for this football season i've never played before though and i don't really think any girl has ever been on the high school football team. I don't really know alot about the game but i wanna play. I've never seriously messed up anybones or anything like that so i'm thinking i should be ok. We've off season right now to get us ready and i think that would be a great idea to go to. I'm going to talk to the coach monday but i need advice right now how hard do they run you? Being a girl will they be out to get you?

Do it Skittles !
My Sons team had 2 girls on it and they wound up with a 10-0 season
the two girls showed thay could mix it up with Any one and one even made MVP as well as my Son on defence .give" it your best shot play with your heart and you'll be on your way" i told my son theose same few words and he has been kicking ass for 3 years. his coach told me at the teams super bowl party that he see's him as one of his players that could wind up going all the way. i hope he sticks with it and makes his own dream come true.:D

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 08:17 PM
definitely make him go all the way don't let him quit if he's the talent. Thanks ozzy.

MAX
02-19-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey Skittles,

I admire your will but how serious are you about it? What position do you want to play? There are a lot of variables that go into it and it is a VERY rough game. I played from fourth grade all the way through highschool. I aquired several injuries but that's just a part of the game. Your heart has to be 100% into it. Playing Varsity or even Junior Varsity will take up a lot of your summer as well. You will have a morning practice, about a 90 minute break and then an afternoon/early evening practice. Once school starts you will also have to spend a lot of hours after school practicing. I definitely encourage anyone and everyone to challenge themselves and be active in sports. I'm just curious how into it you are and wanted to share a bit cos I did it for so many years? The rewards are stellar but again, it's a huge commitment.

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 09:53 PM
i wanted to join in 7th grade and then i was like no i'm not serious about it. I wanted to go to their preseason and get in shape for volleyball and make varsity in that this year. Then someone said well do you think they'll let you practice with them if your not going to play?

Fact of the matter is i love football, it's the only american past time. This is high school i wanna be part of the team i wanna go and win state, obviously that ain't going to happen in volleyball.

Football is much harder yes i know they work your ass off. But right now they've got off season if i go to that and then this summer heck i can tackle it i'm pretty sure.

The position i wanna play is a linebacker, because in my opinion they're pretty important people, however i will need to get more muscle. Thanks for the advice and i'm really thinking about it. My heart so far is in this.

DLRDUDE
02-19-2005, 09:54 PM
I'm pretty impressed with what you want to do. I would however suggest that you speak to a doctor regarding any chances of getting hurt that could hinder your chances of child bearing. Just a thought. Good luck to you.:)

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Dang never thought about that possibility...thanks dude i owe you one. other than that though i've never really messed anything up sure i had a sprain but that's the worst of my injuries thus far....

MAX
02-19-2005, 10:05 PM
The position i wanna play is a linebacker, because in my opinion they're pretty important people, however i will need to get more muscle. Thanks for the advice and i'm really thinking about it. My heart so far is in this.

Hats off to you and more power to you. Linebacker is an extremely important position and you're going to need a passion for knocking peoples skulls off. I'm not joking. I wanted that position cos I was also tall but unfortunately, I lacked the "bulk" so I ended up playing Safety cos I could hit hard and run fast. Seriously, I'm a football freak. I even played on intramural teams in both college and during my twenties until I severely broke my ankle making a catch about seven years ago. If you have ANY questions, honestly please feel free to shoot me pm's and I'd be more than happy to answer. I think it's great that you want to play. It was un heard of (girls playing) back in my day but I know that the times are changing. I admire that as well.

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Hahaha yeah i crave seeing blood in a football match not when a player gets so injured though that he has to be taken away an in ambulance but like a cut here or there ya. I'm tall and got some shoulders but dang if them linebackers are weighing in at 300 there's no way.

Those i think are the defensive tackles though i think. Center sounds like it would be a good position. Snap the ball and then block.

DeadOrAlive
02-19-2005, 10:16 PM
WOW... a girl playing football... pretty fucking sexy if you ask me!!

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Oh your sucha sweetie doa.

MAX
02-19-2005, 10:18 PM
If you want to be a Center then you're looking at weighing in at a couple hundred plus pounds at your age. Linemen are always the biggest with the most meat on their colllective bones. They are like a solid wall. Center is a lot more than just snapping the ball. You also have to block the Nose Tackle and protect your Quarterback. Center is definitely a position for an extremely large person.

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Well hmm.. maybe the school should just start a girls football team. Since we're smaller and stuff. Our coach is good i'm sure he'll know what to do.

MAX
02-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Well hmm.. maybe the school should just start a girls football team. Since we're smaller and stuff.

I know some schools have them. By no means am I trying to discourage you, I'm just trying to tell you how it is. I really admire your desire to play and think it's cool. The game is friggin' brutal though.

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 10:29 PM
But that's why i'm drawn to it, it's a contact sport. Your not discouraging me in any way, MAX. Actually i wanna thank everyone who's posted in here ya'lls have given me some great advice.

DeadOrAlive
02-19-2005, 10:29 PM
I wish you luck little skittles!!

MAX
02-19-2005, 10:33 PM
But that's why i'm drawn to it, it's a contact sport. Your not discouraging me in any way, MAX. Actually i wanna thank everyone who's posted in here ya'lls have given me some great advice.

Cool beans. :)

I'm just telling you that you should be very prepared to be in pain after every game. Regardless, playing was one of the best experiences of my life. You learn a lot of great things. Especially TEAMWORK. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Also, you will be forced to get in the best physical shape of your life. Keep me updated?

rustoffa
02-19-2005, 10:37 PM
The wind sprints at the end of practice are a good character builder.

Have fun with the monkey rolls, make them your own.

I used to put Big Red gum in my mouthpiece, the flavor wouldn't last very long so I was always going through packs of the shit. Use the Extra sugar free cinnamon or the flavor of your choice as the flavor lasts an extra long time.

Pay attention in practice.

As coach Walters used to say, EXECUTE!!!

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Doa many thanks. Pain isn't the issue pain comes and goes. It's the adrenaline i'm after. Yes many many sports lack teamwork and that's why they aren't the best that they could be. Yup i'm looking forward to that part. Yes i will absolutely keep you updated.

MAX
02-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Hey Stoffa,

What position did you play bro?

DeadOrAlive
02-19-2005, 10:39 PM
no problem skittles!! i always like to help somebody else i guess... if you consider this help lol

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 10:44 PM
lol ya rustoffa i'm soo sorry i didn't see your post before. I make everything my own lol. I've never heard of what you have said. I know about the bear crawls and butt busters. Stairs are also very fun. And of course the infamous up downs, i'll have to work on those.

rustoffa
02-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Hey Stoffa,

What position did you play bro?

The old "flanker" position.

Single "A" military school...we weren't very good.

How 'bout you?

MAX
02-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
The old "flanker" position.

Single "A" military school...we weren't very good.

How 'bout you?

I played Strong Safety. I was a tall fucker that could run fast and had a passion for hitting hard. I'm not the most bulky fucker but just toned. I was kind of a dirty player too and the coaches liked that. I picked off a lot of passes back in the day cos I always watched the QB's eyes on pass plays. Back then they never "pump faked" lol.

DeadOrAlive
02-19-2005, 10:53 PM
I aint man enough to play football... i just swim and play polo lol

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 10:56 PM
lol na but i bet your a great musician and swimming is very good cardio doa.

rustoffa
02-19-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by MAX
I played Strong Safety. I was a tall fucker that could run fast and had a passion for hitting hard. I'm not the most bulky fucker but just toned. I was kind of a dirty player too and the coaches liked that. I picked off a lot of passes back in the day cos I always watched the QB's eyes on pass plays. Back then they never "pump faked" lol.

Hell yeah bro. One of my good friends back then was the dirtiest safety of all times. LOL, Kendall: dogpile mercenary.

DeadOrAlive
02-19-2005, 10:58 PM
awwww thanks skittles! i wish people over here were as nice as you are...

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 11:06 PM
ohh doa. thanks your welcome too

MAX
02-19-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
Hell yeah bro. One of my good friends back then was the dirtiest safety of all times. LOL, Kendall: dogpile mercenary.

LOL!!!

I posted a while ago in the locker room about a cocky prick wide receiver we had on our Varsity team and how I cold cocked him in practice. Had to run a few laps but the coaches got off on me knocking the fucker's ego down a couple of notches. Cool to have against other teams (his ego) but not your own team.

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 11:30 PM
hey knocking the crap outta your buddies coz like they are cocky or whatever in my opinion only helps the team.

MAX
02-19-2005, 11:33 PM
hey knocking the crap outta your buddies coz like they are cocky or whatever in my opinion only helps the team.

No, this kid was talented but he was a "ME" guy. I was covering him in practice, he went for a grab and BOOM!!! I knocked the snot out of him. You see? That's the kind of shit that goes on.

rustoffa
02-19-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by MAX
LOL!!!

I posted a while ago in the locker room about a cocky prick wide receiver we had on our Varsity team and how I cold cocked him in practice. Had to run a few laps but the coaches got off on me knocking the fucker's ego down a couple of notches. Cool to have against other teams (his ego) but not your own team.

Been there.

This fucker I played with kicked the shit outta' my shin in this ball-strip drill one day....I was a squad leader in the ROTC aspect, full-on buck seargent!

Any way, this dude was a slob and I was forced to write him up on SG duty during study hall one night and I guess that was his payback. You know, something shitty you can't call outright but I knew who did it.

Like months later, I chop-blocked the hell outta that fucker in a sunday afternoon tackle pick-up game. He screamed like a baby, limped for awhile, and got me wrote up.

It was worth it.
:D

Little_Skittles
02-19-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by MAX
No, this kid was talented but he was a "ME" guy. I was covering him in practice, he went for a grab and BOOM!!! I knocked the snot out of him. You see? That's the kind of shit that goes on.

Which one is more important though maximus? You take the good with the bad. Getting knocked on your butt a few times wouldn't hurt a hot headed full of piss and vinegar teen like myself.

I think the coaches should encourage the players to be tough with each other. Make em level headed.

MAX
02-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Oh Russ,

I hear you bro but we had an even worse sitch. In little league one of the coaches was a rich pediatrician who's son played on the team. Special privileges up the ass cos of the money the Doc spent on the team. Anyway, his kid sucked and was a crybaby. He (Doc's "boy") was playing WR (one of the most sought out positions btw) and one of our most stellar defensive ends leveled him after he caught a pass. The kid started blubbering and the Doc/Coach sent one of our Defensive Captains home. Total bullshit and don't think the "coaches" kid did not become a fucking target for us on defense? We fucking smacked that guy as hard as possible. Eventually, I became a Captain as well and pussy boy ONLY played Special Teams.

Like I've said, BRUTAL and that was like seventh grade.

rustoffa
02-19-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Oh Russ,

I hear you bro but we had an even worse sitch. In little league one of the coaches was a rich pediatrician who's son played on the team. Special privileges up the ass cos of the money the Doc spent on the team. Anyway, his kid sucked and was a crybaby. He (Doc's "boy") was playing WR (one of the most sought out positions btw) and one of our most stellar defensive ends leveled him after he caught a pass. The kid started blubbering and the Doc/Coach sent one of our Defensive Captains home. Total bullshit and don't think the "coaches" kid did not become a fucking target for us on defense? We fucking smacked that guy as hard as possible. Eventually, I became a Captain as well and pussy boy ONLY played Special Teams.

Like I've said, BRUTAL and that was like seventh grade.

That definetely is a load of shit. Look at the crap going on in organized youth leagues now. This dude I work with is fucking OBSESSED with making his son the next Chipper Jones. It fucking consumes him. I'm constantly like, "you know, you should let him go play in the creek or ride his bike once in awhile"...just joking....he doesn't give a shit. Fucking batting cage in his backyard.

I remember one of my coaches having a son on the team like back in midget league. That kid sucked and his dad just played no favorites. In retrospect, that was the proper way to handle it as we all just tried to help him or whatever.....no dissention in the ranks as they say.

MAX
02-20-2005, 12:11 AM
I hear you Russ.

My boy just turned seven and fucking LOVES the game. He can't play for a couple of years but I scrimmage with him all the time. The little demon could throw a PERFECT spiral at five. Still, so much competition for Quarterback, even at his age. I'll push for it but also let my boy find his own. What's meant to be is true. I had one heck of an accurate and strong arm too when I was young but I fit the defense a heck of a lot better. Players find their own mark when let to be themselves. Defense is a lot more fun anyway. I loved just drilling people. What a rush.

rustoffa
02-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by MAX
I hear you Russ.

My boy just turned seven and fucking LOVES the game. He can't play for a couple of years but I scrimmage with him all the time. The little demon could throw a PERFECT spiral at five. Still, so much competition for Quarterback, even at his age. I'll push for it but also let my boy find his own. What's meant to be is true. I had one heck of an accurate and strong arm too when I was young but I fit the defense a heck of a lot better. Players find their own mark when let to be themselves. Defense is a lot more fun anyway. I loved just drilling people. What a rush.

LOL, wish I could say the same, I was the guy getting drilled.

Dude, I was told I got blind-sided on this bullshit sweep we would always run in Columbia, S.C. I apparently got up like nothing was wrong and strightaway sat down on the other teams bench.

I remember parts of the bus ride back to school.

They call it "leading with the helmet" nowadays...haha.

MAX
02-20-2005, 12:32 AM
Damn Russ!!!

Fuck!!!

I'm starting to feel guilty for being so evil. I lettered and I don't know if they do that shit anymore but I always went for points and personal stats.

rustoffa
02-20-2005, 12:53 AM
The little woman wears it alot 'cause it's "retro".
:D

MAX
02-20-2005, 01:04 AM
Swwet Stoff!!!

Wish I still had mine. Wearing it was not cool in my day. I'll have to ask my mom cos maybe she saved it?

Little_Skittles
02-20-2005, 03:25 PM
lol heck ya we still letter. Oh my gosh it wasn't cool in your day to wear your letterman jacket? It's like the shit here nowadays everyone has one, choir, football, basketball, baseball pretty much everyone. Even cheerleaders can letter!

Little_Skittles
02-25-2005, 10:51 PM
I need advice.....i emailed the head coach like 3 or 4 days ago, he never emailed me back what do i do now just start going to preseason?

MAX
02-25-2005, 10:56 PM
I need advice.....i emailed the head coach like 3 or 4 days ago, he never emailed me back what do i do now just start going to preseason?

We never had email in highschool so I dunno how that works? Can't you just make an appointment with the coach?

Little_Skittles
02-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Well that would work except i don't ever know where to find him! He's always running about.

Little_Skittles
03-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Went and finally saw coach today we've a meeting the 8th......then everyone finds out that a girl is going out for football yay i'm so thrilled :rolleyes:

MAX
03-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Went and finally saw coach today we've a meeting the 8th......then everyone finds out that a girl is going out for football yay i'm so thrilled :rolleyes:

Keep me posted as to what the coach says? I'm curious.

Little_Skittles
03-04-2005, 08:12 AM
He was kinda mean to me.....i'm like umm do you have minuete coz like he was running but this was during lunch so yeah i didn't think he it would matter much. He's a very intimadating coach.