Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Charles & Camilla Caught As Bush Gay Marriage Attack Spreads To Heteros

Charles & Camilla Caught As Bush Gay Marriage Attack Spreads To Heteros
    by Peter Moore 365Gay.com London Bureau

Posted: February 21, 2005 12:01 am. ET

(London) The Bush Administration's attacks on same-sex marriage have now been expanded to include unmarried heterosexuals and divorced people - resulting on a ban of Camilla Parker Bowles from the White House.

The Administration is pushing its traditional marriage initiative aimed at keeping straight families from breaking up and banning gay marriage.

London's Sunday Sun reports that the White House has scuttled plans by Prince Charles to take Camilla on a Royal tour of the US later this year after they marry in a civil ceremony.

The Sun reports that the Royal household was told that Camilla, who will have the title Her Royal Highness Princess Consort after Charles becomes king, is not welcome at the White House because she is a divorcee.

The reports do no mention that Charles is also a divorcee.

The President, according to sun told palace aides it was "inappropriate" for him to be play host to the newly-weds.

The paper notes that the decision was made even though the late President Ronald Reagan was divorced. The Sun quotes a government insider as saying "It was relayed to us from Washington that Mrs Parker Bowles would not be welcome at the White House.

"The Americans are aware that the visit will be subject to a lot of media attention and did not want the President drawn into what they view to be a public relations exercise.

The Administration's new push could result in non traditional straight families supporting gays in fighting a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage.

"Every family should be respected," Human Rights Campaign spokesperson Steven Fisher told 365Gay.com. "There is diversity in the types of families in America and around the world and every family should be respected."

The Sun quoting a British government source said the Prince's US tour will likely be called off in light of the President's snub. It would have been his first State visit to America since Princess Diana's death seven years ago.

"The potential fall-out from this decision could be massive," the Sun quotes the source as saying.

The trip, which has been planned for three years, was being portrayed as a "trade mission" and Charles and Camilla were expected to dine with Mr Bush and his wife Laura at the White House.

link
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • WACF
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

With the divorce rate high as it is I can not see this being for real.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
      • Jan 2004

Not a good way to make a good relationship with Europe... banning the queen.
      sigpic

Comment

• Big Train
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I think it is pre-emptive (sp?) on their part, as it may be that the people of the UK don't like her as the queen (being a mistress and such), but it would seem a weak reason to say she is divorced. I'm sure there are many more valid reasons to keep her from the White House..

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

What the fuck is this? If you're not married or are divorced you're relegated to a second class citizen? That's bullshit! Excuse the fuck-out-of me that I am not on my third marriage!

Comment

• Flash Bastard

Typical liberal fear-mongering from a digital fishwrap.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

The biggest question of this thread: FORD what in the hell are you doing looking at 365gay.com?
              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                The biggest question of this thread: FORD what in the hell are you doing looking at 365gay.com?
                Talon "News" sent me a link
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

Heh heh...

I guess Ford's officially a "Gay-homosexual"...

As far as divorce... Fuck the bitches! Divorce is way too frequent in our society, and pretty much encouraged if you ask me. There ought to be reprocussions (sp?) for breaking a legal contract. As it is right now, you can get a divorce at the fucking McDonald's drivethrough! (almost). It's insane.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                    Heh heh...

I guess Ford's officially a "Gay-homosexual"...

As far as divorce... Fuck the bitches! Divorce is way too frequent in our society, and pretty much encouraged if you ask me. There ought to be reprocussions (sp?) for breaking a legal contract. As it is right now, you can get a divorce at the fucking McDonald's drivethrough! (almost). It's insane.
                    Hope you're able to see your kids regularly, John.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

President Bush is a fucking asshole.

I find it funny that two things have happened recently.

1. Somehow a guy who was NOT a journalist, but was instead a GAY PROSTITUTE BUTT-PIRATE was allowed to have Press credentials and was allowed to attend press conferences and actually ask questions of the President. Normally, an FBI background check is REQUIRED before ANYONE is issued press credentials. He also knew FOUR HOURS IN ADVANCE that we were going to launch the first attack on Iraq. He knew even before it was announced on TV!

2. The news broke last night that Bush SMOKED POT in his younger days.

Televangelists and Catholic Priests and politicians paint themselves as goody-two-shoes motherfuckers, when in reality they are as perverted as anyone else on this planet. Bush is no different.

He is a hypocrite. He smoked pot, did cocaine, and did his best to avoid getting sent to Vietnam. But he insists that such behavior is wrong.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        Talon "News" sent me a link
                        The funny thing is, FORD, is you Libs still haven't figured the whole thing out. There's alot about the Bush Administration I don't like, but they make the Dems look like the Keystone Cops sometimes.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                          Hope you're able to see your kids regularly, John.
                          Thanks dude. See them all the time. Wouldn't have it any other way (without climbing a clock tower somewhere... ). Gonna get my house back and 50/50 time with the kids come this spring. So things are looking up.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I wonder were my kids are? **sigh** Just kidding!

Comment

• Little_Skittles
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Dec 2004

Hmm lets all guess why this may be our president's biggest fear shall we?
                              Do you love me peter? Yes of course my lord. Then feed my sheep.

Comment

Working...