PDA

View Full Version : The NBA Trade deadline

POJO_Risin
02-22-2005, 11:01 AM
Well...here are the general rumors up to this point...

1. Lamar Odom is on the block. Isn't that interesting. They have their Pippen to Kobe's Michael...but realize that Kobe will never pass to him...

one deal has him going to the Sacramento Kings for Peja Stojakovich and Bobby Jackson...

another has him going to Utah for Carlos Boozer...

Just makes no sense...

POJO_Risin
02-22-2005, 11:02 AM
The Kings are trying to unload Chris Webber...Hmmmm...perhaps to the Lakers?

POJO_Risin
02-22-2005, 11:03 AM
The Hornets are looking to deal a slew of players to the sixers...

They are trying to fork over Baron Davis for virtually nothing...and...

Rodney Rogers and Jamal Mashburn for Glenn Robinson...

POJO_Risin
02-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Philly won't make a move...because they are trying to nab 'Nova grad Donyell Marshall...

perhaps with the Big Dog...

POJO_Risin
02-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Golden State, Portland, Minnesota, Cleveland and Memphis are all looking at Michael Redd...

Cleveland may be in the forefront of this...as Dujuan Wagner is much cheaper...and could possible be a scorer...and Redd has expressed his interest in signing for less money to play for the Cavs next year...

Brett
02-22-2005, 12:19 PM
If Chris Webber becomes a Laker, I'm turning in my purple and gold flag. I can't stand that 100% crybaby choker. Never want to see him anywhere near a Laker jersey. Lakers getting Boozer would be good, they need a banger, Lamar Odom is no power forward. Kobe was out for 14 games, and Odom still was passive and un-aggressive most of the time. Blaming Kobe for that too?

POJO_Risin
02-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Oh Christ Brett...

the Lakers want Boozer for 1 reason...and 1 reason only...he won't command the ball...and can rebound as well as Odom...

When Kobe was out...they didn't ask him to bang...they asked him to take on Kobe's role in the offense...

you can bitch about him all out want...but the guy is averaging 11 boards a game...and 16 points...yeah...11 boards a game is certainly passive...you know...just hangin' around the perimeter waiting for the ball to bounce out to him...he's a fantastic player...that can play in or out...can board...shoot from the perimeter...

very similar...if not a better version of Pippen...but who also needs the ball in the perimeter.

what you get in a deal for Boozer? You get a clean up guy in the middle...IE...a Laker team that is giving in to Kobe as 1 option...

Do I blame Kobe for Odom being "passive?" No...I blame Kobe for deciding at key points in the game that Odom doesn't fucking exist...

Take Boozer over Odom? LMFAO...no sane fucking GM would ever do that deal...

And about Odom and his passivity...in Kobe's absence...he averaged 20 a game...and 11 boards...and wasn't asked to bang...

no shit he isn't a freakin' Power Forward...that shows you just how much the Lakers need one to move Odom to a more perimeter roll...where he could move in and out...of course...assuming that Kobe would allow it to happen...his boards would drop a couple...but his points would move up a couple...

you make the George, Butler for Boozer move...put Boozer at the PF...move Odom to the 3...Kobe to the 2...and you have something...not to mention the fact that Kobe and Odom could interchange...

I agree with you 100% on Webber...

Brett
02-22-2005, 06:06 PM
Giving in to Kobe as the #1 option? Um Poj, he is!!!!!!!!!

Um I don't want to trade Odom hello?? He's a natural 3, not a 4 though. I want him at the 3, Boozer at the 4. The trade I heard was for Caron Butler, Vlade, and Devean George.

Odom averages 10 boards, not 11, and yes he is passive defensively. He's not a shot blocker, and he gets eaten up by bigger power forwards. Dude hello? What's the problem. I love the guy, put him back at his natural position at the 3. This is not the Leastern Conference where there are ZERO good power forwards, they're all in the West. Maybe in the East, Odom could play the 4 well, here he cannot. I guess you missed the memo that says the Lakers lack size in the middle??

Odom was passive even when Kobe was out. Yes he averaged 19 and 10 during that time, but he'd disappear for entire halves in some games. Dude I'm watching night in and night out, I see this, so do Laker fans. This isn't just me saying this. Jesus Fucking Christ, not every player's shortcomings are because of Kobe. Enough of that stupid shit already. Lamar is what he is, a solid player, but not the lead option on any team. Last year when they made the playoffs in Miami, it was Wade taking and making all the big shots, not Odom. Now it's a problem because Kobe Bryant does that here????? Um, he makes them first of all!

Lamar Odom is not a first option on offense, and he does not have the body to play the 4 in the Western Conference. EVERYONE knows this!

Lou
02-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Dujuan Wagner SUCKS. When they drafted him, I sat there thinking, "What a mistake this is."

The Sixers will not trade Robinson and take on more years of dead money. This is really the last year of Mutombo's contract in 2001, which became Keith Van Horn, and then Glenn Robinson.

Magloire is actually a decent role player; Rogers sucks anymore, he's done being an effective shooter.

POJO_Risin
02-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Brett...Brett...Brett...no shit Kobe's the #1 option...

do you need to read my post again? I hate quoting myself here...but I will...

"Giving into Kobe as 1 option." When I said 1 option...I meant...the ONLY 1 option...not the first option...or I'd have said first...

but the guy is averaging 11 points a game...and 16 points..."Okay...10.3...sorry...and nearly 11 in the month since Kobe was initially injured...I tried to up it .7...my bad...christ...

no shit he isn't a freakin' Power Forward...that shows you just how much the Lakers need one to move Odom to a more perimeter roll...where he could move in and out...of course...assuming that Kobe would allow it to happen...his boards would drop a couple...but his points would move up a couple...Brett...you ended up saying what I already said...

you make the George, Butler for Boozer move...put Boozer at the PF...move Odom to the 3...Kobe to the 2...and you have something...not to mention the fact that Kobe and Odom could interchange... Brett...you ended up saying what I already said...

;)

I think you were just trying to pick out the bad in my post...

I had already said Odom's not a #4...you were hammering a moot point that I already agreed with...

I never said Kobe wasn't the first option...just the ONLY option...and dealing for Boozer (if Odom is part of it, would only prove that)

and we've haggled about this before...Kobe misses as many big shots as he makes...those are the facts. Time and Time again, I've seen a Kobe shot in the fourth quarter...with double coverage...miss: EVERY NON-LAKER FAN KNOWS IT! Christ, against the Cavs a week and a half ago, he was slingin' some shit in the fourth quarter...pretty smart considering it was his first game back. He made some big shots...and missed more big shots. I guess his theory is...if you take enough...(on a sidenote, I didn't want to use the Cav game as a reference...I do realize it was his first game back)...

Brett, I don't blame Kobe for the Laker's shortcomings...I blame the management...we'll see if they rebound. But I will say this. Kobe wanted to be the guy...now he is. WHO SHOULD GET THE BLAME? No, Kobe probably isn't as bad as you think I'm saying he is. But again, you are hardlining the other way. Two extremes.

and yeah, he's probably somewhere in the middle.

Kobe doesn't make the Lakers bad...but he will never make them great...until you can say Kobe and......

POJO_Risin
02-22-2005, 11:21 PM
No shit Dujuan Wagner sucks Lou. The Bucks are lookin' to shed money...

Rogers makes peanuts...and I think in the last year of his contract...and Jamal Mashburn is retiring...so his money would disappear as well...

They are just trying to get a servicable player for Big Dawg...period...

Warham
02-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Jordan missed more big shots than he made too. In fact every NBA player misses more big shots than they make.

Michael didn't make the Bulls great until...

Jordan went for years in mediocrity before he won, in fact seven years. Do we expect Kobe to turn the Lakers, who have no inside presence, into a championship team in one fucking season after O'Neal leaves? And this is after you guys give him shit even after he's already got three rings, as many as Larry Bird won.

POJO_Risin
02-23-2005, 12:16 AM
So do we have to wait 7 years?

why do we keep bringing Jordan into this?

but since you did...

FACT...Jordan's % was 50% for his career...he simply made more shots...

and in the 4th quarter...it was nearly 60%...that's fucking ungodly for a guard...

Kobe can't touch that...but...alas...I'm not here to compare Kobe...a great player...to Jordan...the BEST non-center of all time.

Warham
02-23-2005, 12:29 AM
I doubt it was 60%...That means he was shooting 40% in another quarter for his whole career.

POJO_Risin
02-23-2005, 01:03 AM
My bad...it's playoff percentage...got it from his website...

POJO_Risin
02-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Okay...back to the matters at hand...

I'll post the blockbuster deal in it's own thread...Webber and a couple of hacks...really...for a bunch of hacks...

lmfao...that deal probably wouldn't have gone through in a fantasy league...

ALinChainz
02-24-2005, 03:33 PM
By Marcus Thompson II, CONTRA COSTA TIMES

OAKLAND - Warriors guard Jason Richardson's eyes got wide, and he let loose a giant deep breath.

His shock wasn't because the Warriors started their first win streak since late December by beating Atlanta 101-96 at the Arena on Wednesday for their second straight victory. But because he learned the possibility of the Warriors acquiring point guard Baron Davis.

"Let me call Baron right now," Richardson said after scoring 31 points.

Citing sources, ESPN.com reported Wednesday night that the Warriors were in "serious talks" with New Orleans for the two-time All-Star. The Warriors would send Dale Davis and his $10.07 million in cap space next season to the Hornets.

The Davises' salaries for this season don't come within 15 percent of each other, so some other players or cash considerations need to be thrown in the deal.

To say Richardson was excited -- just about the thought of adding Baron Davis -- was an understatement.

"That would be huge for our franchise," Richardson said. "He's a guy that will be a difference-maker in games. Plus he'll take a lot of pressure off of me. It'd be great to get him here. I hope something like that can happen."

But one source told the Times he didn't think the deal would get done. Dale Davis also said after Wednesday's game he doubted he would be traded to the Hornets.

Davis said Tuesday that it was a 50 percent chance the Warriors would trade him by today's noon deadline. Davis said he could be bought out for a portion of the final $3.4 million of his contract and released if he isn't traded.

The Warriors' best move is to trade Davis before the deadline, considering his only long-term worth the Warriors is as a tradable commodity. Though his salary comes off the books at the end of the season, the Warriors can't use the extra space because they are already over the cap for next season.

Baron Davis was back in the lineup Wednesday against Seattle after missing the past 17 games with a bruised Achilles tendon. He also has missed numerous games over the last three seasons due to back and knee injuries -- he missed 32 games in 2002-03 and 15 last season. He is making $12.33 million this season and is scheduled to make 13.7 million next season, $15.07 million in 2006-07, $16.44 million in 2007-08 and $17.18 million in 2009-09. Davis can opt out after the 2007-08 season.

The Warriors already have point guards Speedy Claxton, who finished with 12 points and 10 assists Wednesday, and Derek Fisher, who nailed a pull-up jumper with 9.8 seconds to help seal the win.

Baron Davis' acquisition would mean a crowded backcourt, unless Claxton or Fisher were thrown into the deal. Claxton, who is in the second of a three-year, $9.9 million deal, is more likely to be dealt than Fisher, who is in the first of a six-year, $37 million contract.

"All three of us can't stay here," Claxton said. "He's a good player. When he's healthy, he's an All-Star. How can you not inquire about an All-Star if you can get an All-Star."

Said Fisher, "Basically, the point guard position is his. It's just a matter of finding out from there how to fill the spots out around him and behind him. I would assume for us to acquire him, I would assume there'd be some perimeter players involved."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpbmdmam0wBF9TAz I1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwN0bQ--?slug=knight-traderumorsflyforwarriors &prov=knight&type=lgns

ALinChainz
02-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Rumor has it …

By Joe Lago, Yahoo! Sports
February 23, 2005

The NBA's trading deadline has passed but teams are allowed to stay on the line to complete a deal. Here was the latest talk around the league leading up to the 3 p.m. ET deadline.

Davis

The Rumor: Hornets point guard Baron Davis to Golden State.

The Reason: The Warriors need a franchise player in the worst way. Davis has been at odds with Hornets coach Byron Scott, who criticized Davis last week for wanting to extend the rehabilitation of his injured ankle in his hometown of Los Angeles.

The Latest: ESPN is reporting that the Hornets have traded Baron Davis in exchange for Dale Davis' expiring contract (worth $10 million of salary-cap space) and point guard Speedy Claxton.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payton

The Rumor: Celtics point guard Gary Payton to Atlanta.

The Reason: Payton, who was never in Celtics director of basketball operations Danny Ainge's long-term plans, has asked to be traded.

The Latest: Ainge granted Payton his wish – but not to a playoff contender. ESPN is reporting that Payton has been sent to Atlanta for – get this – Antoine Walker. Obviously, Ainge felt he had to do something in response to the 76ers' acquisition of Chris Webber.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allen

The Rumor: Sonics guard Ray Allen to be shipped out of Seattle.

The Reason: Talks on a contract extension have stalled. Allen's agent is seeking a near-maximum deal of $90 million over five years, while the Sonics are offering a reported $68 million over five years.

The Latest: Allen told the Seattle Times that "there's a great possibility of me being moved" and that Wednesday night's game in New Orleans could've been his last with Seattle.

Thomas

The Rumor: Knicks forward Kurt Thomas to a championship contender.

The Reason: According to the New York Post, Knicks president Isiah Thomas is desperate to make his team younger by the trading deadline. Problem is, Isiah's only commodity might be the 32-year-old veteran.

The Latest: Kurt Thomas told the Post that he "won't be disappointed" if he is indeed dealt, especially to a title contender like San Antonio. The newspaper also reported Wednesday that Isiah Thomas is not allowed to trade the Knicks' first-round pick.

Marshall

The Rumor: Raptors forward Donyell Marshall to Indiana, Miami or San Antonio.

The Reason: The Pacers are the latest to join the sweepstakes for Marshall, who has been targeted as the next Raptor to go since Toronto dealt Vince Carter and shifted its focus to building around Chris Bosh. Marshall's expiring contract, which pays him $5.3 million this season, is as appealing as his three-point shooting and rebounding skills.

The Latest: The Indianapolis Star reported Wednesday that Pacers president Larry Bird had "serious conversations" about Marshall, including one deal that would send Scot Pollard to Toronto. Marshall told the Toronto Sun that his agent is trying to get the Raptors to ship him and Milt Palacio to Indiana for Austin Croshere, Anthony Johnson and James Jones. Raptors general manager Rob Babcock told the Toronto Star that the chances of making any deal are "more like 35-65" and wouldn't trade Marshall unless "you're going to get a player who is good for your future." According to the Miami Herald, the Heat are interested in Marshall but would have to include Michael Doleac, one of Miami's key reserves. The Spurs are looking to get rid of Malik Rose and the four years left on his contract.

Joe Lago is an NFL and NBA editor at Yahoo! Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpYTg2ZTBwBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=jl-rumors022105&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ALinChainz
02-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Mavs get Van Horn for Henderson, Booth, cash

By JAIME ARON, AP Sports Writer
February 24, 2005
DALLAS (AP) -- The ever-tinkering Dallas Mavericks made a surprising move to bolster their rotation Thursday, getting Keith Van Horn from the Milwaukee Bucks for Alan Henderson, Calvin Booth and cash.

When healthy, Van Horn would provide Dallas with another scorer, perhaps when star Dirk Nowitzki rests or even alongside him at small forward. Coach Don Nelson loves trying to create mismatches, so he might even pair the two perimeter-oriented big men at center and power forward.

Problem is, Van Horn isn't always healthy. He's missed 19 games this season because of tendinitis in his right ankle and has been hobbled often in his 10-year career. Milwaukee has mostly limited him to fewer than 20 minutes per game since he came off the injured list in January.

ADVERTISEMENT

In addition to his lessened role, the Bucks were willing to give him up for salary-cap reasons. He's due nearly $16 million next season, while Henderson becomes a free agent and Booth is owed a little more than $6 million; Booth also gets a small raise the next season. Milwaukee is expected to spend the extra money on a contract extension for shooting guard Michael Redd.

Dallas acquired Henderson and Booth over the summer, with Henderson basically a throw-in on a deal with Atlanta after he played just six games last season. He wound up becoming a key part of the team's rotation -- he was the only Mavericks player to appear in all 52 games so far this season.

The timing is a bit awkward for the Mavericks because center Erick Dampier just went on the injured list with a stress fracture in his right foot and Henderson started in his place the last two games. Booth's role had increased, too. Dallas had no choice, though, because Thursday was the trade deadline.

Milwaukee made another deadline-beating deal, sending point guard Mike James and center Zendon Hamilton to the Houston Rockets for seldom-used Reece Gaines and second-round picks in 2006 and '07.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpYTg2ZTBwBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0 bQ--?slug=ap-bucks-maverickstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

WHOYOUFUCKINJOE
02-24-2005, 04:17 PM
al, that's enough posts for today. You may resume posting anytime after midnight tonight. Any questions? As you know, to avoid a visit from the law man, my rules must be followed. Thank you. T.

LoungeMachine
02-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by WHOYOUFUCKINJOE
al, that's enough posts for today. You may resume posting anytime after midnight tonight. Any questions? As you know, to avoid a visit from the law man, my rules must be followed. Thank you. T.

Checked yourself out of rehab after one day, faggot?

What rules? You dont have anything to do with this site, remember?

Where's my money?

cockdrip:rolleyes:

ALinChainz
02-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by WHOYOUFUCKINJOE

Anytime Sambo, anytime.

Stop me from anything Joe.

I dare you.

ALinChainz
02-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Spurs: Mohammed acquired from Knicks

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Thursday, February 24, 2005

News
The Spurs traded forward Malik Rose and a first-round pick to the New York Knicks for center Nazr Mohammed and point guard Jamison Brewer. This is proof that Knicks president Isiah Thomas is always willing to accept large contracts in exchange for talent.

Views
Rose brings the Knicks veteran experience that Mohammed lacks. He will probably see more minutes, although his 6.3 points and 4.5 rebounds per game are unlikely to spike significantly in New York. Meanwhile, Mohammed finds himself stuck behind forward Tim Duncan, center Rasho Nesterovic, and possibly even recent acquisition Maurice Taylor for playing time.