• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frets5150
    Commando
    • Feb 2004

Man Charged in Alleged Plot to Kill Bush

Man Charged in Alleged Plot to Kill Bush
    ALEXANDRIA, Va. (Feb. 22) - A former Virginia high school valedictorian who had been detained in Saudi Arabia as a suspected terrorist was charged Tuesday with conspiring to assassinate President Bush and with supporting the al-Qaida terrorist network.

Ahmed Omar Abu Ali, 23, a U.S. citizen, made an initial appearance Tuesday in U.S. District Court but did not enter a plea. He claimed that he was tortured while detained in Saudi Arabia since June of 2003 and offered through his lawyer to show the judge his scars.

The federal indictment said that in 2002 and 2003 Abu Ali and an unidentified co-conspirator discussed plans for Abu Ali to assassinate Bush. They discussed two scenarios, the indictment said, one in which Abu Ali "would get close enough to the president to shoot him on the street" and, alternatively, "an operation in which Abu Ali would detonate a car bomb."

According to the indictment, Abu Ali obtained a religious blessing from another unidentified co-conspirator to assassinate the president.

More than 100 supporters of Abu Ali crowded the courtroom and laughed when the charge was read aloud alleging that he conspired to assassinate Bush.

When Abu Ali asked to speak, U.S. Magistrate Liam O'Grady suggested he consult with his attorney, Ashraf Nubani.

"He was tortured," Nubani told the court. "He has the evidence on his back. He was whipped. He was handcuffed for days at a time."

When Nubani offered to show the judge his back, O'Grady said that Abu Ali might be able to enter that as evidence on Thursday at a detention hearing.

"I can assure you you will not suffer any torture or humiliation while in the (U.S.) marshals' custody," O'Grady said.

Abu Ali is charged with six counts and would face a maximum of 80 years in prison if convicted.

02/22/05 10:51 EST
  • ODShowtime
    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

only one guy?
    gnaw on it

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Sirhan Sirhan
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
        Sirhan Sirhan
        Sirhan Sirhan was a mind controlled patsy who took the fall for a murder he couldn't have possibly committed.

RFK was killed by a bullet which entered his skull just below his right ear, fired at point blank range as evidenced by the powder burns on his neck. Sirhan was standing in front of Bobby the entire time, and was never close enough to fire that shot, let alone at the proper angle.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

rii---ght!
          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Little_Skittles
            Foot Soldier
            • Dec 2004

I can assure you you will not suffer any torture or humiliation while in the (U.S.) marshals' custody," O'Grady said.

hahahaha really? Coulda fooled me people.
            Do you love me peter? Yes of course my lord. Then feed my sheep.

Comment

• Wayne L.

He SHOULD be given life in prison or the death penalty for this plot to kill President Bush while he's probably a hero to far left liberal wackos like Michael Moore & Sean Penn!!!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                He SHOULD be given life in prison or the death penalty for this plot to kill President Bush while he's probably a hero to far left liberal wackos like Michael Moore & Sean Penn!!!!!
                He SHOULD never be allowed to see a beautiful woman's feet again because feet are so sensual and this would be a horrible punishment as I am sure that unless he is a liberal wacko he must really love sensual feet like my cousin who had very sensual feet.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Update

February 23, 2005

Man Indicted in Plot to Kill the President
                  # A former Virginia high school valedictorian allegedly conspired with Al Qaeda to assassinate Bush and to set up a terrorist cell in the U.S.

By John Hendren, Times Staff Writer

WASHINGTON — A former Virginia high school valedictorian held in a Saudi Arabian prison for 20 months was accused in federal court Tuesday of conspiring with Al Qaeda to assassinate President Bush.

Ahmed Omar Abu Ali, 23, an American citizen, and at least 10 unidentified co-conspirators allegedly planned in 2002 and 2003 to kill Bush either by shooting him or by detonating a car bomb, according to an indictment released at a hearing before a U.S. magistrate judge in Alexandria, Va.

The six-count indictment also alleges that Abu Ali and one of the co-conspirators discussed ways he could conduct a terrorist operation and establish an Al Qaeda cell in the United States.

According to U.S. officials, Abu Ali was arrested June 9, 2003, in Medina, Saudi Arabia, during a crackdown by Saudi authorities on alleged terrorist cells blamed for bombings a month earlier that killed 34, including nine Americans, in three residential compounds in Riyadh.

He was detained in a Saudi prison and was flown to Washington Dulles International Airport only hours before Tuesday's hearing in U.S. District Court. He is scheduled to appear in court again Thursday.

"After the devastating terrorist attack and murders of Sept. 11, the defendant turned his back on America and joined the cause of Al Qaeda," U.S. Atty. Paul J. McNulty said in a statement. "He now stands charged with some of the most serious offenses our nation can bring against supporters of terrorism."

Abu Ali is charged with providing material support and resources to Al Qaeda, providing material support to terrorists, contributing services to Al Qaeda, receiving funds and services from Al Qaeda, and two counts of conspiracy. If convicted on all charges, he could be sentenced to up to 80 years in prison.

Lawyers for Abu Ali, who graduated at the top of his class from the Islamic Saudi Academy in Alexandria, said he would plead not guilty. Raised in nearby Falls Church, Va., he was enrolled at a university in Medina when he was arrested.

Signaling that defense attorneys suspected that prosecutors would seek to use statements by the defendant to support their case, Abu Ali's lawyers said that while in Saudi custody he was handcuffed for days at a time and whipped, so any statements he made during that time would, under U.S. treaty agreements, be inadmissible in court.

"There is evidence of torture on his back. I saw it myself and I told the judge that he had been tortured," Abu Ali's attorney, Ashraf Nubani, said in an interview after the hearing.

"Instead of apologizing and backing down and admitting that they'd made a mistake … the arrogance of power has just caused them to go full-speed ahead. I don't understand how the U.S. attorney's office or anyone else says this with a straight face," Nubani said.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Liam O'Grady declined an offer to view Abu Ali's scars.

"I can assure you, you will not suffer any torture or humiliation while in the marshals' custody," O'Grady said.

The case drew more than a hundred Abu Ali supporters to the Virginia courthouse, although most could not fit in the crowded room. Several laughed as the government's charges were read.

"It's lies. It's all lies," the accused man's father, Omar Abu Ali of Falls Church, told reporters after the hearing. "The government lied from the very first day."

His family says Saudi authorities arrested and tortured Abu Ali at the behest of the U.S. government.

The Rest

Comment

• JCOOK

Originally posted by FORD
                    Sirhan Sirhan was a mind controlled patsy who took the fall for a murder he couldn't have possibly committed.

RFK was killed by a bullet which entered his skull just below his right ear, fired at point blank range as evidenced by the powder burns on his neck. Sirhan was standing in front of Bobby the entire time, and was never close enough to fire that shot, let alone at the proper angle.
                    Now thats' the Ford we all know and love:eek:

Comment

Working...