PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Roby found dead at 43

POJO_Risin
02-22-2005, 01:51 PM
He was a good punter...but to be honest...probably overrated...

I just remember...that fucker looked like a damned linebacker...

Former Dolphins punter Reggie Roby dies at 43
Feb. 22, 2005
SportsLine.com wire reports

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Former punter Reggie Roby, a 16-year NFL veteran and three-time Pro Bowl selection, died Tuesday after being found unconscious at home by his wife. He was 43.

Melissa Roby found her husband with no pulse. Paramedics tried to resuscitate him at home and in the ambulance, but he was pronounced dead in the emergency room at St. Thomas Hospital, according to a statement released by the family.

The cause of death is unknown, the statement said.

Roby was a sixth-round pick in 1983 out of Iowa by the Miami Dolphins, where he played from 1983-92. He also played for the Washington Redskins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Houston/Tennessee Oilers and San Francisco 49ers, where he wrapped up his career with a final season in 1999.

He led the AFC in 1991 with an average punt of 45.7 yards, and he still holds the Pro Bowl record with 10 punts in the 1985 game.

Roby, who had six children, was the marketing and development director for Backfield in Motion, a nonprofit group mixing athletics and academics to help boys in the inner city.

"Reggie was just a kid at heart," said Michael Brown, Backfield in Motion's chief executive officer. "Reggie was the ultimate package as far as I was concerned. In this type of work that we are in, there is no question that it was his calling."

Dave's PA Rental
02-22-2005, 10:35 PM
I always thought he was a great punter...played a LOOOOONG time! RIP Reggie...

rustoffa
02-22-2005, 10:53 PM
RIP Reggie.

Talk about follow-through....

He must'a done some serious stretching.

ALinChainz
02-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Dude could pick an ear with a toe.

One of the few punters who never left the ground.

WHOYOUFUCKINJOE
02-22-2005, 11:17 PM
It wass a drug overdosswe. dont' be stuipd.

ALinChainz
02-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by WHOYOUFUCKINJOE
It wass a drug overdosswe. dont' be stuipd.

It was a what?

Who's stupid?

You even mispelled stupid.

:rolleyes: