PDA

View Full Version : Korn Guitarist Quits!

fe_lung
02-23-2005, 10:14 AM
If only we could get the rest of them to a church!!

<B>Korn Guitarist Finds God, Leaves Band</b>

Tue Feb 22, 8:31 PM ET Entertainment - Reuters

By Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Korn guitarist Brian "Head" Welch has parted ways with the hard rock act, citing a recent religious awakening.

Welch broke the news Sunday on Bakersfield, Calif., station KRAB-FM.

"I had it in my heart to come here and explain to you," Welch said. "I'm good friends with Korn. I love those guys, and they love me, and they're very happy for me."

Addressing the aggressive tone of the music he made with Korn, Welch said, "Anger is a good thing, and if kids want to listen to Korn, good, but there's happiness after the anger. I'm going to show it through my actions how much I love my fans."

Welch added that he would be appearing at a local church on Feb. 27, during which time he would "speak (about) how I got to this place in my life, and I'll answer all your questions."

On its official Web site (http://www.korn.com), Korn's remaining members said they respect Welch's wishes and hope "he finds the happiness he is searching for." The group is in the studio working on a new album, due in September, which will be its first since fulfilling its contract with Epic last year.

For now, no replacement for Welch has been named, nor has a new label home for the band.

Reuters/Billboard

Soul Reaper
02-23-2005, 01:54 PM
I hope there's never a replacement. Although they already have another guitarist.

Damn, I hate nu-metal!!

bueno bob
02-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Brian Welch is a dick. Newfangled Christian or no, he's probably still a dick.

You reading this, Brian? YOU'RE A DICK, BUDDY.

blueturk
02-25-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
I hope there's never a replacement. Although they already have another guitarist.

Damn, I hate nu-metal!!

Yeah, all of the singers sound like Sam Kinison. Except Kinison was funny, and all these fuckers do is whine all the fucking time.

SoldMySoul4RnR
02-25-2005, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by blueturk
Yeah, all of the singers sound like Sam Kinison. Except Kinison was funny, and all these fuckers do is whine all the fucking time.

Yeah that drives me nuts. Plus the songs tend to have no melody and are really lazily written.

Vivian Campbell
02-25-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by fe_lung

Addressing the aggressive tone of the music he made with Korn, Welch said, "Anger is a good thing, and if kids want to listen to Korn, good, but there's happiness after the anger...."

AMEN! That's why I listen to Van Halen.

Seshmeister
02-25-2005, 09:22 AM
http://www.haagshotel.com/Empty%20Hall%20Postcard.jpg

1st Annual dinner for DLR fans who like Korn

BrownSound1
02-26-2005, 02:49 AM
Korn sucks donkey dicks.

Jimmy Tango
02-26-2005, 04:37 PM
bum as korn

loss of fools
02-26-2005, 06:28 PM
i might be upset if i cared

stringfelowhawk
02-27-2005, 02:00 AM
Great News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hear that KFC employee is free. Maybe they can hire him and call themselves "Kob".

Nu-Metal is a waste of fucking radio waves! If any E.T. civilization ever picks any stray ones up and hears this shit they are bound to avoid this planet for the sole reason of the mass poplulations sorry ass taste in music.

scottydabodi
02-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Brian Welch is a dick. Newfangled Christian or no, he's probably still a dick.

You reading this, Brian? YOU'RE A DICK, BUDDY.

BB is right again: Fuck Welch!! What a fucking DOUCHEBAG!! I hope he chokes on his own blood as he slides under a gas truck.

kentuckyklira
02-28-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
http://www.haagshotel.com/Empty%20Hall%20Postcard.jpg

1st Annual dinner for DLR fans who like Korn

LOL!

classicdude
02-28-2005, 10:12 PM
T-shirts are already available online. "Korn gives God Head!!"

Gmoney
03-01-2005, 08:05 PM
I hate these mother fuckers that "find' god, I guess god wasn't looking for them!!

Katydid
03-01-2005, 09:57 PM
This is old news. I reported this two weeks ago. It wouldn't hurt the rest of you to find God.

GAR
03-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Korn always sucked.

Gmoney
03-02-2005, 08:29 PM
The only Corn I like comes on a cob....

Wayne L.
03-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Korn was a nothing rock group anyway so this guy was smart quitting because nobody is going to remember them anyway.

PhilFlappoRogan
03-04-2005, 12:18 PM
I was hoping he and the rest of the band would 'find' suicide.

Dave's Bitch
04-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Korn suck ass,who gives a shit