here's a thought provoking thread (hopefully)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHdamaco
    Foot Soldier
    • Nov 2004

here's a thought provoking thread (hopefully)

we all here love anything and everything to do with diamond dave and cvh. i was thinking about this during class today. i have two scenarioes and i want peoples honest opinions about them.

1st scenario- the cvh era and the mchagar eras are reversed (mchagar being 1974-1985 and "cvh" being 1985-1995, 2004). do you the army members who would be around at the beginning of the fat mans time pick up that first cd (we assume its the same type of music as van hagar does now) and then shun it and those that come after it. once dave releases his first album in 1986 (playing as he and the boys(or girls depending on your take) did for their original time) do you pick it up and it has the same affect knowing that the first one left a bad taste in your mouth?

2nd scenario- same time frame and ideas as the first scenario, except that the van fagar outfit records all the songs that are on the first 6 pack, and dlr and the boys play the same thing that sammy does now, saying diamond dave is the one that ruined "van halens"legacy? do we have a (god forbid) sam hagar army?

thoughts as they come to your mind are wanted
    Don't FUCK With Greatness...
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Can't really think outside the box when it comes to the chronology of Van Halen lineups.

Van Hagar was basically based upon ideas from the lineup that came before; a half-assed version of CVH.

Seems like you're implying a certain amount of people didn't give Van Hagar a fair shot from the get-go. Might be true. Myself, it was all about the music. EVH was the focal point of the CVH lineup for me when they were still together. Logic dictates I should have continued to be a Van Halen fan regardless of who was singing. Didn't happen that way.

Your second scenario, where Van Hagar recorded all the songs CVH created...Sam's just not capable of writing or singing that way. Unimaginable. Not even talking Sam as better or worse than Roth. Just a matter of individual style and preference, same as those who dig one version of the band over another.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• academic punk
      Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Terry
      Can't really think outside the box when it comes to the chronology of Van Halen lineups.

Van Hagar was basically based upon ideas from the lineup that came before; a half-assed version of CVH.

Seems like you're implying a certain amount of people didn't give Van Hagar a fair shot from the get-go. Might be true. Myself, it was all about the music. EVH was the focal point of the CVH lineup for me when they were still together. Logic dictates I should have continued to be a Van Halen fan regardless of who was singing. Didn't happen that way.

Your second scenario, where Van Hagar recorded all the songs CVH created...Sam's just not capable of writing or singing that way. Unimaginable. Not even talking Sam as better or worse than Roth. Just a matter of individual style and preference, same as those who dig one version of the band over another.

what he said. There's only one. Accept no substitutes.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

...my head hurts...
        Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Mezro
          Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
          ...my head hurts...
          When was your last STD test

Mezro...wash the head if it is red...
          Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• VHdamaco
            Foot Soldier
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
            ...my head hurts...
            from the wording of my thread or the idea of cvh music being created my spam?

if its the wording... my bad
            Don't FUCK With Greatness...

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

While the scenario is causing several of the professors to have headaches and check their STD status...

Wouldn't work... Hagar was in the fading years of Montrose heading into the solo phase 1. Lyrically he could have never created what DLR did w/ the brothers and Mike. Hagar was Northern California... DLR & gang were Southern Ca... two different universes especially back in the late 70's... different vibe, different influences.

In simple terms if VH started w/ Hagar as we know it in 74... there would have never been a Classic Van Halen with the exception of backyard kegger parties. Van Hagar would have never existed without Dave and the storyline that he started.
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• CROWBAR
                Commando
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo

In simple terms if VH started w/ Hagar as we know it in 74... there would have never been a Classic Van Halen with the exception of backyard kegger parties. Van Hagar would have never existed without Dave and the storyline that he started.
                Amen granpa Zoo! I knew you knew! You old duffer! Ha!

Comment

• cwsmith17
                  Sniper
                  • Apr 2004

That scenario is the scariest thing that.........

Comment

Working...