X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smaz
    Commando
    • Mar 2004

Diver Down Remastered CD

When I bought Diver Down, the remastered CD, I noticed that at the top on the disc, it said Van Halen, the same as for Van Halen 1, instead of the album title like the others I had. I thought nothing of it, and left it.

Recently, the disc got damaged and keeps skipping, so I got myself a new copy, thanks to my girlfriend

On the top of this one though, it says Diver Down.

Did they change what they put at the top at some point???
    Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..
  • academic punk
    Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by smaz
    When I bought Diver Down, the remastered CD, I noticed that at the top on the disc, it said Van Halen, the same as for Van Halen 1, instead of the album title like the others I had. I thought nothing of it, and left it.

Recently, the disc got damaged and keeps skipping, so I got myself a new copy, thanks to my girlfriend

Actually, the lastest copies have http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/ written up on top for some reason.

I can't figure it out myself.

Comment

• smaz
      Commando
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
      Actually, the lastest copies have http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/ written up on top for some reason.

I can't figure it out myself.
      Strange. Must be because http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/ is such a great site???
      Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

I bought the six pack in one go, and in ALL of them it's the title of the album that it's on top with a smaller Van Halen on the right. Is that it?

What pisses me off though, is that at some point the CDs had liner notes on the booklet, which illustrated very well how the band was feeling towards each other on that particular time, but the remastered CDs don't have that.

Does anyone have those CDs with the liner notes? If so, can one of you please post them here at the Army forums? I think it'd be interesting... I only have access to the Fair Warning's, but I'll have to borrow it. I'll post them tomorrow.

Cheers! :bottle:
        Last edited by Anonymous; 02-23-2005, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

Oh yeah...

Official site of record label Elektra Music Group: Elektra Records, Fueled By Ramen, Roadrunner, Low Country Sound, Black Cement, Public Consumption, DTA Records

Comment

• smaz
            Commando
            • Mar 2004

Not the smaller Van Halen no. That is on all of them indeed. But at the top of the disc with the album name, for my first copy of Diver Down it said Van Halen, instead of Diver Down like it should, and the new one does.

Comment

• tydhurst
              Commando
              • Mar 2004

My friend bought one that had "Van Halen 1" printed on it, but was actually the diver down album!
              Don't need a gun to blow your mind!

http://tydhurst.proboards30.com

Join my forum.

Comment

• cwsmith17
                Sniper
                • Apr 2004

Interesting that you noticed that.

Comment

• smaz
                  Commando
                  • Mar 2004

Tydhurst, that's what I've got. Diver Down with Van Halen as the album title.... I thought maybe they changed how they produced them?

Comment

• tydhurst
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2004

No, it's some weierd fucking thing, i bought Diver Down last month and it was fine.
                    Don't need a gun to blow your mind!

http://tydhurst.proboards30.com

Join my forum.

Comment

• academic punk
                      Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

The latest copy of Diver Down that I got, strangely, plays the Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack.

I never noticed the difference until I was singing along to Pretty Woman, and realized the lyrics were actually something about "I Don't Know How To Love Him".

Comment

• degüello
                        Sniper
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by smaz

Too much time on your hands?
                        "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• Tom Vu
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2004

VH Remastering.

I never hear the Diver Down. The first VH I heard was 1984 that I got as a gift. After 1984 came 5150. I was broke and destitude at the time and the record store was far away. I borrowed my brother's bike and bought 5150 on vinyl.

I can't wait if they remaster the Diver Down because I never have that album. The VH albums that I haved owned are VH 1 & 2, 1984, 5150, OU812, F.U.C.K., Balance, Best of Vol.1, and VH 3.

It woould be great if they do the remaster. I think OU812 needs the most of remasterment because the bass is not strong in it.

\m/\m/ VH Rules Baaaay-Beeee!!!!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: VH Remastering.

Originally posted by Tom Vu
                            I never hear the Diver Down. The first VH I heard was 1984 that I got as a gift. After 1984 came 5150. I was broke and destitude at the time and the record store was far away. I borrowed my brother's bike and bought 5150 on vinyl.

I can't wait if they remaster the Diver Down because I never have that album.

It has been been REMASTERED you dink fool!

The VH albums that I haved owned are VH 1 & 2, 1984, 5150, OU812, F.U.C.K., Balance, Best of Vol.1, and VH 3.

It woould be great if they do the remaster. I think OU812 needs the most of remasterment because the bass is not strong in it.
                            Neither are the vocals or lyrics.

Comment

• DLR7884
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Tom Vu

I can't wait if they remaster the Diver Down because I never have that album. It woould be great if they do the remaster. I think OU812 needs the most of remasterment because the bass is not strong in it.

\m/\m/ VH Rules Baaaay-Beeee!!!!!!
                              You dumb slope.

DD has been remastered.

Why remaster OU812?

DLR7884
                              Even polished shit is still shit.
                              Originally Posted by WARF:
                              DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

Working...