X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Webber to the Sixers

Chris Webber, Matt Barnes and Michael Bradley to the Sixers...

for Kenny Thomas, Corliss Williamson and Brian Skinner.

I know why Sacramento wanted to dump Webber...but...they got shit for him...

WTF?

Webber's still a good player...a great player...this year...21...10 boards...6 assists and four triple doubles...and he'll match up well with Iverson...

it makes them a contender...

if they stay healthy...and that's a big if...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • Lou

I can't believe the Sixers gave up nothing for him. Hell getting rid of those contracts alone was worth it!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Yeah...that was an incredible deal for the Sixers in a pure paper standpoint...no doubt Webber is a whiner...but a great player...

but I'm still confused by the deal for Big Dog...to get Mashburn (a contract dump when he retires), and Rogers (last year of his deal). Do they need Rogers that bad?
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

O'brien likes Rogers' three point shooting, although I think he is only going about 27% from 3 and averaging 9.5 ppg.

Webber's knee needs to hold up, but when he's healthy, he is a 20-10-5 player.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Helluva deal for the Sixers, maybe challenge for the conference ???
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

lmfao...aren't the tied for the lead at 26-27?

and it was a crazy good deal for them...

they lose Mashburn and Rogers at the end of the year...freeing up money space...

and you've got an older nucleus with Iverson and Webber...but...

damn...you add someone to those 2...and you've got a fucking instant contender...even though I think O'Brien blows ass...

Comment

Working...