PDA

View Full Version : Bush's Uncle a War Profiteer

Nickdfresh
02-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Feb 24, 2:31 PM EST

Bush's Uncle Profits From Iraq Stock Sale

By MATT KELLEY
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BUSH_UNCLE_IRAQ?SITE=NYBUE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT) -- President Bush's uncle made more than $450,000 last month by selling stock in a defense contractor whose profits are growing because of the Iraq war, records show.

William H.T. Bush made the money by exercising stock options in St. Louis-based Engineered Support Systems, Inc. Bush is a member of ESSI's board of directors and therefore had to report the sale to the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Bush, the youngest brother of former President George H.W. Bush, did not return a telephone message seeking comment Wednesday afternoon. He told the Los Angeles Times, which first reported the stock sale Wednesday, that he had not pulled any strings in Washington for the company.

ESSI on Tuesday reported record income of $20.6 million for the three months ending Jan. 31, a 31 percent increase. The company said the expansion came mainly from increases in ESSI's military contracts. Those include adding armor to military trucks, refurbishing trailers the Army uses to haul tanks, and supporting satellite communications for troops in war zones, ESSI CEO Gerald Potthoff said in a statement.

Bush cashed in stock options on Jan. 20, weeks before the company's latest earnings report. SEC documents show he sold 8,438 shares of ESSI stock at a profit of $53.36 a share. That's a total profit of $450,251.68.

Bush wasn't the only ESSI official to cash in on the company's rising stock price. Five other officers or directors of the company have sold stock so far this year, SEC records show, with two of them profiting less than Bush and three making more. The biggest windfall went to Gary C. Gerhardt, the company's vice chairman and chief financial officer, who made nearly $7.5 million from selling stock on Jan. 31.

The Pentagon's inspector general is investigating whether an ESSI subsidiary improperly got a contract to make equipment from the Air Force. That contract was overseen by Darleen Druyun, a former Air Force contracting official serving a nine-month prison term for contract fraud involving Boeing.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

ODShowtime
02-24-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh

William H.T. Bush made the money by exercising stock options in St. Louis-based Engineered Support Systems, Inc. Bush is a member of ESSI's board of directors

Are any of those bums not on a board of directors somewhere?

DrMaddVibe
02-24-2005, 06:07 PM
Is he supposed to take a loss?

Nevermind those Tyson shares that Hillary parlayed into a tidy profit! Fucking carpetbagger!

Nevermind the Global Crossing shares that McAuliffe was able to profit from.

Only those "mean ol' Republicans" can turn a nasty profit.

Nickdfresh
02-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

Nevermind those Tyson shares that Hillary parlayed into a tidy profit! Fucking carpetbagger!

True. There is a lot of bi-partisan shady profiteering to go around. But these are "War Profits" which makes them a little more unseemly.

CROWBAR
02-24-2005, 06:22 PM
George Bush is the worst president, fuck him and his mealy mouth ways

Big Train
02-24-2005, 06:40 PM
I suppose. Whitewater was unseemly. Thread title is a bit dramatic though.

Nickdfresh
02-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
I suppose. Whitewater was unseemly. Thread title is a bit dramatic though.

Bush's uncle is a corrupt cunt though (or was it his other, 'blacksheep' brother). And we know that White Water was thoroughly investigated. Obviously they found nothing of substance.

JCOOK
02-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by CROWBAR
George Bush is the worst president, fuck him and his mealy mouth ways

I can't wait till Condeleeza Rice becomes president. you hate mongers will claim that her family is part of the Klan.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:D

FORD
02-24-2005, 08:53 PM

But Hillary and McAwful ARE Republicans, in all but name..

FORD
02-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by JCOOK
[B]I can't wait till Condeleeza Rice becomes president. you hate mongers will claim that her family is part of the Klan.

[b]]

The same 11 states of trailer parks who thought Junior could save them from Sodomites (except his own press room) will NEVER vote for either a Black OR a woman Presidential candidate - let alone a Black woman.

But that's what the Republicans get when they depend on hate to swing an election.

Warham
02-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Hillary may be a republican in disguise, but Howard Dean will always be a racist. Next thing he'll say is that all hispanics work as landscapers.

JCOOK
02-24-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by FORD
The same 11 states of trailer parks who thought Junior could save them from Sodomites (except his own press room) will NEVER vote for either a Black OR a woman Presidential candidate - let alone a Black woman.

But that's what the Republicans get when they depend on hate to swing an election.

Ford you ought to know me better than that. Not only am I married to a BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMAN, I would vote for Conni in a heart beat. not only is she qualified IMO. She is a hot piece of azzzzzzzzzz!

LoungeMachine
02-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Ford you ought to know me better than that. Not only am I married to a BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMAN, I would vote for Conni in a heart beat. not only is she qualified IMO. She is a hot piece of azzzzzzzzzz!

Puhleeze.:rolleyes:

Condi Rice is a MUTT

That Hair?

Those teeth?

Fugly doesn't begin to describe her......

There are some beautiful and striking Black Women in this world. She's not even in the top 100.

She's a lying toadie to boot......

Warham
02-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

Condi Rice is a MUTT

That Hair?

Those teeth?

There are some beautiful and striking Black Women in this world. She's not even in the top 100.

I see Howard Dean has made himself known on the forums!

:D

FORD
02-24-2005, 10:17 PM

Now only her "husband" Junior would know whether or not she's a hot piece of azzzzzzzz (Who are you, MC Ren??)

But I believe I specifically mentioned red state trailer parks. You live in a blue state (regardless of how improbable that may seem)

JCOOK
02-24-2005, 10:22 PM

Condi Rice is a MUTT

That Hair?

Those teeth?

RACIST RACIST RACIST RACSIST:eek:

Nickdfresh
02-24-2005, 10:24 PM

And why would that be racist?

FORD
02-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I see Howard Dean has made himself known on the forums!

:D

So is Dean your new obsession now instead of Clinton?

If I didn't know better, I might think you were Sean Hannazi.

In any case, I don't see how you find Condiliar all that attractive. :confused:

FORD
02-24-2005, 10:40 PM
http://www.caraibes-webdo.net/Galerie/images/tyra_banks2.jpg

http://www.screensavershot.com/music/akeys.jpg

http://www.freenudecelebs.dk/nude-celebs-pictures/j/janet-jackson-nude/janet-jackson-nude-9.jpg

http://home.midsouth.rr.com/brodericksheets/week5/condoleeza.jpg

Now everybody sing along......

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

LoungeMachine
02-24-2005, 10:57 PM
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoungeMachine
02-24-2005, 10:58 PM

:rolleyes:

JCOOK
02-24-2005, 11:16 PM

Condi Rice is a MUTT

That Hair?

Those teeth?

That hair ...Well ya muss mean nappy masa!
and "toadie" paluheeze!;)

FORD
02-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Did you guess which thing was not like the others?
Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?
If you guessed this one is not like the others........
http://home.midsouth.rr.com/brodericksheets/week5/condoleeza.jpg
........ Then you're absolutely...right!

http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgPP0220.jpg
Today's episode of Sesame Street has been brought to you by the letters "B", "C", & "E" and the number 666.

LoungeMachine
02-25-2005, 12:33 AM

Now who's the racist?

The fucking hair is old school ugly. Has nothing to do with race. Why do morons like you have to play the race card?

And if you think it's "nappy", then you're a bigger moron than previously thought.

Just like the fucknuts who called Sen. Boxer a racist for making condi stand by her statements:rolleyes:

You want to play race-baiting, do it with someone else.

dumbass

JCOOK
02-25-2005, 12:53 AM
Now who's the racist?

The fucking hair is old school ugly. Has nothing to do with race. Why do morons like you have to play the race card?

And if you think it's "nappy", then you're a bigger moron than previously thought.

Just like the fucknuts who called Sen. Boxer a racist for making condi stand by her statements:rolleyes:

You want to play race-baiting, do it with someone else.

dumbass

In the word s of the Kingfish and Howard Stern:
"Holy mackarel Loungey where does Ya get off callin Miss Condi a TOADY"
FUCK YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT.....Even Ford can't defend this one....TOADY:eek:

FORD
02-25-2005, 01:18 AM
In the word s of the Kingfish and Howard Stern:
"Holy mackarel Loungey where does Ya get off callin Miss Condi a TOADY"
FUCK YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT.....Even Ford can't defend this one....TOADY:eek:

Do you even know what "Toady" means? It's not a racist term. Maybe Assvibe should share his new medication with you. It seems to be helping him a little.

JCOOK
02-25-2005, 01:45 AM
Do you even know what "Toady" means? It's not a racist term. Maybe Assvibe should share his new medication with you. It seems to be helping him a little.

Ford try going to the tank". MEANING FUCKING JAIL" for just a fucking second.For any one on this site who has ever had the displeasure of being there TOADY MEANS "BLAC.....******! They also use tems like "Spic" "Fag" "Gook" "Jew"... though not as much:
"Gee Wally I thought you had jail terms down BIIIIIIIIATCH!;)

FORD
02-25-2005, 02:32 AM
Apparently they use those terms in the California state mental hospitals as well.

JCOOK
02-25-2005, 03:10 AM
Apparently they use those terms in the California state mental hospitals as well.
Yea I'm sure in the BCE occupied Republic of Asscadia they've never used those terms.:rolleyes:

kentuckyklira
02-25-2005, 04:26 AM
True. There is a lot of bi-partisan shady profiteering to go around. But these are "War Profits" which makes them a little more unseemly. Exactly!

But then, war ain´t no blow job!

Warham
02-25-2005, 07:03 AM
FORD, I know what the difference is between the three pics.

The gal on the bottom: Her IQ is equal to the other two gals' IQs.

Put together.

Nickdfresh
02-25-2005, 08:37 AM

Put together.

No. Actually Alicia Keys is quite brilliant. I'm not a big fan of her music, but she is a real talent.

In any case, they would all have been as equally effective at stopping 9/11.

LoungeMachine
02-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Dictionary Thesaurus Web
Home Premium: Sign up | Login

Dictionary - Thesaurus - Web

Get the Most Popular Sites for "toady"

3 entries found for toady.
toad·y ( P ) Pronunciation Key (td)
n. pl. toad·ies
A person who flatters or defers to others for self-serving reasons; a sycophant.

tr. & intr.v. toad·ied, toad·y·ing, toad·ies
To be a toady to or behave like a toady. See Synonyms at fawn1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[From toad.]
Word History: The earliest recorded sense (around 1690) of toady is “a little or young toad,” but this has nothing to do with the modern usage of the word. The modern sense has rather to do with the practice of certain quacks or charlatans who claimed that they could draw out poisons. Toads were thought to be poisonous, so these charlatans would have an attendant eat or pretend to eat a toad and then claim to extract the poison from the attendant. Since eating a toad is an unpleasant job, these attendants came to epitomize the type of person who would do anything for a superior, and toadeater (first recorded 1629) became the name for a flattering, fawning parasite. Toadeater and the verb derived from it, toadeat, influenced the sense of the noun and verb toad and the noun toady, so that both nouns could mean “sycophant” and the verb toady could mean “to act like a toady to someone.”

[Download or Buy Now]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

toady

n : a person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage [syn: sycophant, crawler, lackey] v : try to gain favor by cringing or flattering; "He is always kowtowing to his boss" [syn: fawn, truckle, bootlick, kowtow, kotow, suck up]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

toady

toady: in CancerWEB's On-line Medical Dictionary

Source: On-line Medical Dictionary, © 1997-98 Academic Medical Publishing & CancerWEB

LoungeMachine
02-25-2005, 09:16 AM
THERE JCOOK, YOU IGNORANT, INBRED, DOLT

NOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT A TOADY IS?

fucking asshole

academic punk
02-25-2005, 09:17 AM

toady

n : a person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage [syn: sycophant, crawler, lackey] v : try to gain favor by cringing or flattering; "He is always kowtowing to his boss" [syn: fawn, truckle, bootlick, kowtow, kotow, suck up]

My personal fave synonym has always been "apple-polisher".

LoungeMachine
02-25-2005, 09:31 AM
I just for the life of me can't figure where this mouthbreather got RACIST from me calling her a Toady

Sycophants come in all colors.....

LoungeMachine
02-25-2005, 09:34 AM

Put together.

But the context of the comparison wasn't intellectual.

JCOOK called her "hot"

I called her a "mutt"

There's NO QUESTION she's smarter than her boss:D

FORD
02-25-2005, 09:36 AM

There's NO QUESTION she's smarter than her boss:D

Shit..... even Dan Quayle is smarter than her "boss".

LoungeMachine
02-25-2005, 09:38 AM
We don't have the bandwidth available to list all of the people smarter than Junyor.....

DrMaddVibe
02-25-2005, 09:52 AM
So...LM when are you going to do something with your life?

Ever thought of being elected...2 terms for POTUS?

Just wondering?

LoungeMachine
02-25-2005, 11:03 AM
So...LM when are you going to do something with your life?

Ever thought of being elected...2 terms for POTUS?

Just wondering?

Do something?

I'm happily retired at 43, with more income than I'll ever need:rolleyes:

I have 20 years of touring/recording/songwriting to look back on, residual income to rely on, and plenty of mindless hobbies to concentrate on.

How's YOUR daily grind? Hit 50K a year yet?

I have exactly the life I dreamed of. I'm one lucky SOB:D

But the question must be asked.......why do you care?

DrMaddVibe
02-25-2005, 11:19 AM
LM...we're more alike than you'll ever know.

50K in bonds or muni's?...This year...so far?

I really don't care, but it seems that most of the people that like to spittle and spew about GW have accomplished NOTHING! At the end of their lives a living résumé could be written and the loudest voices will have done nothing to compare with the person,people,object that occupies their frontal lobes.

Most of the loudest complainers won't run for political office but they're going to belch out topics like they're the authoritative voice of the politico world! They wouldn't be allowed in conversations with most issues and they sure as hell won't be called upon for anything. The talk to hear their own voice! They will pale in comparirison at the end of the day.

I'm willing to put up with mistakes as long as action is in progress. Do I agree lock-step with GW...no. Same with the Republican party. There will be problems with every party and political affiliation. They're comprised of people.

People make mistakes.

ODShowtime
02-25-2005, 11:26 AM
Most of the loudest complainers won't run for political office but they're going to belch out topics like they're the authoritative voice of the politico world! They wouldn't be allowed in conversations with most issues and they sure as hell won't be called upon for anything.

Most of the loudest complainers are so disenfranchised and pissed off that they are beyond the ability to patiently debate, wait, and compromise. And most don't have the ability to completely circumvent their morals just to make a buck, which is the point of politics these days.

Hey Dr MV... I'll be heading to your neck of the woods next week!!! :D :killer: :bananna: :tits: :eatit: :baaa:

DrMaddVibe
02-25-2005, 11:40 AM
You've got a PM...ODS

JCOOK
02-25-2005, 09:16 PM
THERE JCOOK, YOU IGNORANT, INBRED, DOLT

NOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT A TOADY IS?

fucking asshole

Tell you what Lounge walk up to any black man in this country and call him a "toady" and see how much ass you have left within a few seconds;) Then pull out your books and try to convince him that you were misunderstood.

Nickdfresh
02-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Tell you what Lounge walk up to any black man in this country and call him a "toady" and see how much ass you have left within a few seconds;) Then pull out your books and try to convince him that you were misunderstood.

Give me a break JC, watch fucking "A Christmas Story" for Christsakes!

JCOOK
02-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Give me a break JC, watch fucking "A Christmas Story" for Christsakes!

Sorry Nick that one got by me?

LoungeMachine
02-25-2005, 10:44 PM

My accountant friend has no idea what you're talking about, and he's black. He also thinks Condi is fucking ugly.

You're just a fucking moron.

Funny how you're the ONLY one here to think it was racist:rolleyes:

Perhaps you can post a link where it's used in a racial context. Or perhaps you're just a fucking moron as previously speculated.

Nickdfresh
02-25-2005, 10:53 PM
Sorry Nick that one got by me?

From the film "A Christmas Story", where a "Toady" is defined as a hanger-on or sidekick of a bully:

"Randy lay there like a slug: It was his only defense. In our world you were either a bully, a toady, or one of the nameless rabble of victims."

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/christmas_story.jpg

JCOOK
02-25-2005, 11:50 PM
My accountant friend has no idea what you're talking about, and he's black. He also thinks Condi is fucking ugly.

You're just a fucking moron.

Funny how you're the ONLY one here to think it was racist:rolleyes:

Perhaps you can post a link where it's used in a racial context. Or perhaps you're just a fucking moron as previously speculated.

Oooh the old my accoutant friend "who happens to be black" trick. My wife who is black and her sister ...who just happens to be hideous ugly both said if someone called them a toady... that person would get the shit kicked out of them ......COURSE THEYS IGNORANT MASA

LoungeMachine
02-26-2005, 12:36 AM
Oooh the old my accoutant friend "who happens to be black" trick. My wife who is black and her sister ...who just happens to be hideous ugly both said if someone called them a toady... that person would get the shit kicked out of them ......COURSE THEYS IGNORANT MASA

Hideous ugly?

you obviously fit into the ignorant category, though...

Funny how you still cant post a link showing a RACIST context to the word...

Can't admit you were wrong, and everyone else in here read it for what it was. Toady = scyophant / yes man / asslicker

Over your head, I guess....

LoungeMachine
02-26-2005, 12:37 AM
Oooh the old my accoutant friend "who happens to be black" trick.

huh?

there's a trick?

Or are there just no black accountants where you live?

JCOOK
02-27-2005, 01:28 AM
Yes sir Mr. Lounge Sir but they so busy tryin to accounts for they crack and welfare profits...

Hey Dickhead Try your your "theory on SWITCH 84"and see what happens.

LoungeMachine
02-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Yes sir Mr. Lounge Sir but they so busy tryin to accounts for they crack and welfare profits...

Hey Dickhead Try your your "theory on SWITCH 84"and see what happens.

What the fuck are you talking about?

You're a fucking moron:rolleyes:

ODShowtime
02-27-2005, 01:47 PM
From the film "A Christmas Story", where a "Toady" is defined as a hanger-on or sidekick of a bully:

"Randy lay there like a slug: It was his only defense. In our world you were either a bully, a toady, or one of the nameless rabble of victims."

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/christmas_story.jpg

:D that actually came to mind when I was reading this thread.

blueturk
02-27-2005, 01:58 PM

Maybe you and Barry Bonds could get together and discuss racism.:rolleyes:

JCOOK
02-28-2005, 09:29 PM
What the fuck are you talking about?

You're a fucking moron:rolleyes:

Try calling SWITCH 84 aToady and see what kind of response you get

Nickdfresh
02-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Try calling SWITCH 84 aToady and see what kind of response you get

Who gives a shit! It's not a racist term baglicker!