PDA

View Full Version : Why Kids Are Fat These Days

blueturk
02-26-2005, 03:46 PM
All you hear about these days is how America's kids are getting fat. Schools are trying better lunches, the government keeps suggesting ways to combat obesity,yadda yadda yadda.
Well I'll tell you how to get kids in better shape: TAKE AWAY THEIR VIDEO GAMES! Hell yeah I'm an old guy, but when I was a young turk and we wanted something to do, we'd get up a football game, or baseball game or something. We'd play all fucking day and be tired as hell but it was a good tired.Kids nowadays just plop in front of the TV and play video games all the fucking time. How many calories does that burn? If you sit in front of a TV all day I don't care if you eat bran muffins all day, you're gonna gain weight. You might have superhuman strength in your fingers and thumbs but that's about it. I just wanted to get that off my chest. I'm through now!

DeadOrAlive
02-26-2005, 07:50 PM
HAHAHA!!! I dont play video games AT ALL... Instead i talk or play some sort of sport or play my guitar... I guess the sport thing is keepin me in shape!!

BITEYOASS
02-27-2005, 06:14 PM
Yeah, fuck video games, I never gained much weight, but as far as sleep is concerned. I had a lack thereof.

JCOOK
02-28-2005, 08:43 PM
I have two nephews who are eight years apart in age.My oldest nephew grew up pretty much like we did some video games but more athletics out side playing and general rough housing shit. this kid is 5' 11" and about 160lbs. My youngest nephew goes into fucking withdrawls if he is taken away from his ps2 for more than 5 minutes. he is 5'6'' and weighs about 130lbs.

MAX
02-28-2005, 09:06 PM
As much as they "kids" may not like it, as a parent you HAVE to be in charge of their diet as well. A lot of parents are just too darn lazy nowadays. How hard is it to get involved and make them be physically active with sports?

Figs
03-02-2005, 12:41 PM
A lot of these fucking kids' parents probably sit on their ass half the day posting on internet message boards, lazy bastards....

JCOOK
03-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by MAX
As much as they "kids" may not like it, as a parent you HAVE to be in charge of their diet as well. A lot of parents are just too darn lazy nowadays. How hard is it to get involved and make them be physically active with sports?

Sounds like you are suggesting some sort of "parental responsibility" there Max... The kids will have us in court sueing over their rights

MAX
03-03-2005, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by JCOOK
Sounds like you are suggesting some sort of "parental responsibility" there Max... The kids will have us in court sueing over their rights

Heck,

It will probably come to that but I was raised with fresh veggies, fruits and meats. I chopped off a chicken's head so my "Granny" could make lunch with the rest of it's body when I was five or six? I'm now a dietary freak. However, I DO NOT force it upon my youngunzz. Fuck, we order pizza, occasionally get fast food cheeseburgers and shit just in moderation. Regardless, they PLAY sports, do chores and are physically active. I don't mind giving a little "whack" on the be-hind if they act up either. I'm just not in with this pussification of our kids at all. "Time Out" is for pussies, IMO.

Have I voted for you yet?

JCOOK
03-03-2005, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by MAX
Heck,

It will probably come to that but I was raised with fresh veggies, fruits and meats. I chopped off a chicken's head so my "Granny" could make lunch with the rest of it's body when I was five or six? I'm now a dietary freak. However, I DO NOT force it upon my youngunzz. Fuck, we order pizza, occasionally get fast food cheeseburgers and shit just in moderation. Regardless, they PLAY sports, do chores and are physically active. I don't mind giving a little "whack" on the be-hind if they act up either. I'm just not in with this pussification of our kids at all. "Time Out" is for pussies, IMO.

Have I voted for you yet?

Don't know,but I think if more parents "parented" the way you do kids would be a lot better off. I don't have any but thats' just my opinion.

MAX
03-03-2005, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by JCOOK
Don't know,but I think if more parents "parented" the way you do kids would be a lot better off. I don't have any but thats' just my opinion.

Thank you. :)

However, focusing on the negative was not my point.

Love, nurturing and motivation is the most important and I emphasize the LOVE!!!

It's a rough world out there for our kids and we have to be tough cos they have to be tougher. This world is sooooo soft. Fast Food and etc. I could write a page but one MUST stick with values or we have nothing.

I'd much rather be a "tough" parent who's children grow up both in a loving home and correctly than a "pussy" parent who's kids end up on smack and blaming both Mom and Dad.

Call me rough but I'm "Old School" so to speak?

kentuckyklira
03-03-2005, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by blueturk
All you hear about these days is how America's kids are getting fat. Schools are trying better lunches, the government keeps suggesting ways to combat obesity,yadda yadda yadda.
Well I'll tell you how to get kids in better shape: TAKE AWAY THEIR VIDEO GAMES! Hell yeah I'm an old guy, but when I was a young turk and we wanted something to do, we'd get up a football game, or baseball game or something. We'd play all fucking day and be tired as hell but it was a good tired.Kids nowadays just plop in front of the TV and play video games all the fucking time. How many calories does that burn? If you sit in front of a TV all day I don't care if you eat bran muffins all day, you're gonna gain weight. You might have superhuman strength in your fingers and thumbs but that's about it. I just wanted to get that off my chest. I'm through now!

Guess what, I agree!

100%

Same problem here, fat ugly slobs that think they´re cool!

Apollo
03-03-2005, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by blueturk

Help is in sight. Have you seen the new Eye Toy video game for Playstation?
This game has kids jumping up and down like crazy and they love it.

MAX
03-03-2005, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Apollo
Help is in sight. Have you seen the new Eye Toy video game for Playstation?
This game has kids jumping up and down like crazy and they love it.

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!!

Do we give our ruggies a Whopper chaser?

Roth on bro and and a five star vote!!!

Cheers!

:gulp:

Carmine
03-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Figs
A lot of these fucking kids' parents probably sit on their ass half the day posting on internet message boards, lazy bastards....

LMAO!!

What....who said that?

Figs
03-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
LMAO!!

What....who said that?

Some shithead...

Carmine
03-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Figs
Some shithead...

:D

ZahZoo
03-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Heck,

Fuck, we shit just in moderation.

Doesn't that tend to back up the ole plumbing after a while??