• BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Wolfowitz on shortlist for World Bank top post

Wolfowitz on shortlist for World Bank top post

Financial Times
    By Andrew Balls and Edward Alden in Washington
    Published: March 1 2005 00:43 | Last updated: March 1 2005 00:43

Paul Wolfowitz, US deputy secretary of defence, has emerged as a leading candidate to replace James Wolfensohn as the president of the World Bank.

Mr Wolfowitz is one of a small number of people being considered for the US nomination, administration insiders said.

The nomination of Mr Wolfowitz, one of the chief architects of the Iraq war and a former US ambassador to Indonesia, would likely be highly controversial, and could raise new questions about the process by which the World Bank chief is selected. One administration official said his nomination “would have enormous repercussions within the development community”.

Others on the US shortlist include Randall Tobias, former head of Eli Lilly and the administration's co-ordinator on Aids.

Leadership of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund is decided by all the shareholders in the institutions. But the US and Europe in effect divide up the top jobs, with an American heading the bank and a European running the fund.

The effort to pick the US candidate has been led by the White House National Security Council and the Council of Economic Advisers. The Treasury is leading consultations with other World Bank shareholders. Asked about Mr Wolfowitz's possible nomination, Rob Nichols, Treasury spokesman, said: “We don't speculate on personnel appointments before they are made.”

Other names on the US list are John Taylor, the top Treasury official for international affairs, and Peter McPherson, president of Michigan State University. But they are not seen by the administration as leading candidates.

European officials point to the dispute over Caio Koch-Weser a candidate for the IMF post favoured by Europe but blocked by the US as setting a precedent that could see them veto the US nominee. Developing countries have also demanded a greater say in the selection.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The only place this piece of shit should be on the short list for is the gas chamber. Fucking treasonous criminal.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• academic punk
      Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

The subtlety is what I appreciate most about FORD's posts.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

It's the Bush way........

Be an incompetent fuck up, lie and cover up, and get rewarded with a promotion.......

It worked for the Shrub in Texas, so why not......
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Dr. Love
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          The only place this piece of shit should be on the short list for is the gas chamber. Fucking treasonous criminal.

Is that a joke, or simply irony?
          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Phil theStalker
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Wolfowitz is on a lot of short lists.

They blame the mortars that hit Wolfowitz's hotel in Bagdhad came from American soldiers.

American soldiers and officers were the only ones with the intel to give them the ability to do that.

Wolfowitz may end up being picked from one of those others short lists very soon and then no more Wolfie.

They almost took him off of one short list in Bagdhad.

I think when you see assassinations of names like that it will signal the beginning of the civil war in America.

Like Jesus says, no one knows the time or day.

But when you see Wolfowitz assassinated by Americans that's a sign of the civil war beginning.

It will certainly be a sign to me.

You can keep your heads in the sand and your ass in the air. Maybe you won't get your heads blown off that way, but you'll sure get your asses blown off that way.

Somday people will be celebrating 9/11 day the way the British celebrate Guy Fawkes Day for capturing the conspirators and bringing them to justice, including the President of the United States.

I'm waiting for somebody like Wolfowitz to drop like the gun at the start of a race.

And this race is to take back the government.

God speed, America.

Add to Ignore list

Comment

• kentuckyklira
              Veteran
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
              The subtlety is what I appreciate most about FORD's posts.

But seriously, if that cunt handles the World Bank the way the Bush administration is handling the US budget, then every anti-globalization activist´s dreams will come true and the world bank will crumble!
              http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• academic punk
                Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Avctually, honest to God, there are reports that two other prominent names are on the shortlist: the executive who just got fired from Hewlett-Packard...

...and Bono.

Comment

• Jesterstar
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

I hate fucking Bono as much as Paul WolfoDick.
                  Seshmeister is such a STUD.........OOOOOOOOOO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/im...cnesbitt_1.jpg

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jesterstar
                    I hate fucking Bono as much as Paul WolfoDick.
                    Then stop fucking Bono

Find another guy to try and fuck. I hear Joe Thunder is looking....

Comment

• Jesterstar
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                      Then stop fucking Bono

Find another guy to try and fuck. I hear Joe Thunder is looking....
                      Your always dreaming of men fucking aren't you. The only think you think about as much as men fucking is Eating a Man Sized Cream Puff

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bono wouldn't want the job. And corporatist fascists wouldn't like what he did with the money, if he had it.

Debt relief, feeding starving people, AIDS research.... nah things like that won't keep the Beast (military industrial complex) rolling.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jesterstar
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                          Bono wouldn't want the job. And corporatist fascists wouldn't like what he did with the money, if he had it.

Debt relief, feeding starving people, AIDS research.... nah things like that won't keep the Beast (military industrial complex) rolling.
                          Bono would do what they told him to or they'll kill him and call it suicide just like they did hunter s thompson.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jesterstar
                            Bono would do what they told him to or they'll kill him and call it suicide just like they did hunter s thompson.
                            stay in the dump, mouthbreather

Comment

• academic punk
                              Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

mouthbreather?

Comment

Working...