X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antman
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

Mike's Replacement

There are a lot of hypothetical reunion threads, so here's another one. Albeit highly unlikely that they'll ever work with Dave again, but if they did and Mike decides he'd rather play with Sammy, who should replace Mike? I say Billy Sheehan. He's been friends with Ed for years, and is supposedly still on good terms with Dave. I know Ed wanted Billy back in 1980 after Talas opened for them. Yet I seem to remember that Al never liked him, but who does Al like? So who would be a suitable replacement?
    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.
  • squib
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

just get all 4 originals back, mike needs to hit those background notes

Comment

• rustoffa
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

If they got that dude from Primus, he'd probably fuck it up.

Comment

• academic punk
        Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Jim Carrey played a pretty mean upright bass in The Mask.

Comment

• Antman
          Commando
          • Jan 2004

I agree it should be the original 4, but if no Mike, at least Billy has a history with Ed and played with Dave as well. It wouldn't be like the Who with only two originals and two replacements who are not officially band members..
          When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• rustoffa
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

You know, this deserves a whole topic of discussion like, "What If?"

You know...

What if?: Geddy Lee replaced mikey and bumped his hawk beak into Al's neckbrace?

What if?: Nikki Sixx replaced mikey and his Joan Jett hairdo clashed with Ed's Pebble Flintstones shit?

What if?: John Paul Jones replaced mikey and got hit by some dropping smoke planet effect 'cause he doesn't move much?

Run with it!

Comment

• scottydabodi
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Billy in a CVH reunion? I think Billy and Dave would be the show, and Ed, and Al would play second fiddle to SERIOUS talent and showmanship. Besides, fuck Al, who gives a shit who he likes...
              If you listen to fools
              The Mob Rules

Comment

• cwsmith17
                Sniper
                • Apr 2004

Derrick Smalls.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by cwsmith17
                  Derrick Smalls.
                  They could do Stonehenge
                  Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                  Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

This thread reminds me of the Bass Player Audition scenes in Metallica's Some Kind of Monster

I can just see Twiggy struggling with the opening bars of Running with the Devil.......
                    Originally posted by Kristy
                    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                    Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• tydhurst
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2004

I think that Mikey is irreplacable, because... you need SOMEONE to take the piss out of!
                      Don't need a gun to blow your mind!

http://tydhurst.proboards30.com

Join my forum.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Billy'd give Ed too much of a run for his money...EVH might have to make an effort to keep up with him, and putting your all into a performance runs counter to what Van Halen has come to stand for now.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

They might as well hire Ronnie Lane or John Entwistle for the job, given the likelihood that it will actually happen anytime soon
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Wayne L.

There isn't going to be another reunion of the original Van Halen anytime soon after the 96 debacle so all this whining from some fans living in a pipe dream should move on. I don't think there is going to be another VH album or another VH tour after last year's reunion but if Van Halen does reunite again I wouldn't doubt it if Billy Sheehan becomes the next bassist for one tour.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

I want EdWad to be challenged!

isn't he a god?

If he's challenged by Billy Sheehan then what does that make him?

I say chuck the "deadwood" and Dave and Ed SHOULD seek replacements for a mediocre drummer and a mimic myna bird for a bassist. Neither one of them have done anything outside of VH in a leadership role, which tells me how weak they are.

Bring on Billy and grab Steve Smith, Peter Criss, Stewart Copeland, Jason Bonham, Vinnie or Carmine Appice, Tommy Lee...fuck anyone that can touch and hold 2 drumsticks.

Git 'er done!
                              http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                              http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

Working...