PDA

View Full Version : Velvet Freakin' Revolver

SoldMySoul4RnR
03-02-2005, 03:55 AM
Hell yeah, Velvet Revolver were in Melbourne last Sunday and Im sure glad I caught them, because those guys put on one great motherfucker of a rock n roll show. The Melbourne gig was the final show of the tour and the whole band was on fire, all of them seemed to be in good spirits, with Duff in paritcular getting right in with crowd the whole show. Matt Sorum's drumming was excellent and Slash really burned it up. But I was most impressed with Weiland, I was never really into Stone Temple Pilots so I wasnt sure what he would be like live, but he was an excellent frontman, his voice sounded great and he worked the crowd well, moving around the stage like a human snake.
All but 3 songs on the 'Contraband' album were played as well as old Guns n Roses tracks 'It's So Easy', 'Mr. Brownstone' & 'Used to Love Her', which were the definate highlights. There was also a cover of Aerosmith's 'No More No More' which rocked.
I Highly recommend you check 'em out if you ever get the chance, they put on a hell of a show people.

ODShowtime
03-02-2005, 09:36 AM
check this out:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17540