X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'm bringing back my Classic VH website

I don't know if anyone remembers, but I had a website about three years back called "Classic VH Eruption". Well, the software I was using to make the site sort of became obsolete, and the webhost that I had the site on stopped supporting that software, so I wasn't able to publish the site anymore. I could have probably figured out how to update it without the software, but I also lost interest in doing the site, so it has sat dormant without an update for the past three years. Anyway, I found a way to make the software work again by using a patch I downloaded from this site I found, so I'm able to update the site again. I've been working on changing the look of the site for the past couple of days, and I just tested the software last night to see if it would publish, and it published, so the site is updated. I have a lot more work to do on it before I can let anyone visit, so I'm not going to post the url right now. Here's a sneak peek at what I have so far.
  • thebuldawg
    Roadie
    • Jan 2004

I can dig it. I like the look so far.
    "Whatever happens... happens."
    -Spike Spiegel-

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

yes, bring it back. Variety is the spice of life. And we all need more choices. Dont get me wrong, I love this place. But I could learn to love two places.
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Little Texan
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Well, it's not as big as this place, and has nowhere near the content, and never will. The Army is the best Classic Van Halen and David Lee Roth site on the internet, bar none. My site is just a small fan page on a free webserver, and there's no way I could ever hope to have anywhere near what this place does. I'm bringing it back because I missed having my own site, and something to mess around with, but mainly for my bootleg trade page. If anyone wants some VH bootlegs, I'll be doing blanks trades and straight up trades again, soon.

Comment

• Little Texan
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by thebuldawg
          I can dig it. I like the look so far.
          Thanks very much!

Comment

• thebuldawg
            Roadie
            • Jan 2004

De nada.
            "Whatever happens... happens."
            -Spike Spiegel-

Comment

• The Knockz
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

hell yeh!!!
              I'm bringing back David Lee Roth Online.com also.
              sneek peek right..right now

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Looks good to me too. I think we all agree on The Army, but it nice to have another place to see. I like the graphics, the VH logo in top left, and your avatar also.

Comment

• VH Freak
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Jan 2004

Looks great! It's always good to have another classic VH site on the net. The more the marrier!
                  Webmaster
                  ClassicVanHalen.com

Comment

• Calderone
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2004

Mine is online ..but lacks of updates

Comment

• Little Texan
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VH Freak
                      Looks great! It's always good to have another classic VH site on the net. The more the marrier!
                      Thanks! I surfed around on your site today, and I have to say, you have the most Classic VH content of any site I've seen besides the Army! Very impressive and great looking monster of a Classic VH site you have built up there, VH Freak! I said that the Army was the best Classic VH and DLR site on the net, but after looking around your site, I'll amend that statement and say you're running neck and neck with the Army.

Comment

• VH Freak
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Jan 2004

The Army is what started it all for me. I consider this place as my first home and Sarge was a great help in getting me started on my own site.
                        Webmaster
                        ClassicVanHalen.com

Comment

• Full Bug
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                          I said that the Army was the best Classic VH and DLR site on the net, but after looking around your site, I'll amend that statement and say you're running neck and neck with the Army.
                          Hey, dont forget www.diamonddavidleeroth.com is a kick ass place to be too you know..... (Nothing against the Army)
                          Good luck with your site LT, look forward to visiting the place.....
                          Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• Full Bug
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VH Freak
                            The Army is what started it all for me. I consider this place as my first home and Sarge was a great help in getting me started on my own site.
                            Great site dude, I have it in my favourites list, when are you going to update it? I see you havent this year.....Not that I am complaining......
                            Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• VH Freak
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Jan 2004

I'll be updating it more this spring. With three kids and the job I was having a hard time spending any amount of time on the site. Things are starting to settle down so I should have time to spend on my favorite hobby....VH!
                              Webmaster
                              ClassicVanHalen.com

Comment

Working...