PDA

View Full Version : I'm Takin' My Ball & Goin' Home

DrMaddVibe
03-07-2005, 10:35 PM
FLASH: CHRIS MATTHEWS, MSNBC: The 2008 presidential campaign will not include Al Gore. I'm reporting here tonight that the former vice president and 2000 presidential nominee will not run for president in 2008. I've been given this scoop from a perfect source, I must say, who informed me that the purpose of this disclosure at this time is to end speculation about a campaign that will never occur.... Developing...

From the Drudge......

FORD
03-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Tweety Matthews knows about as much about the 2008 campaign as Sammy Hagar knows about writing lyrics.

DrMaddVibe
03-08-2005, 06:36 AM
We'll see won't we.

I suppose your buddies at the ckq lodge have it from better sources?

FORD
03-08-2005, 10:06 AM
The only ones speculating on candidates for 2008 are Rove and the mediawhores who do his bidding. And they're all pushing for their favorite pawn Hillary. :rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
03-08-2005, 01:07 PM
TERESA'S BACK: ELECTION WAS HACKED!
Tue Mar 08 2005 09:32:36 ET

Teresa Heinz Kerry is openly skeptical about results from November's election, the SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER reports, particularly in sections of the country where optical scanners were used to record votes.

"Two brothers own 80 percent of the machines used in the United States," Heinz Kerry said. She identified both as "hard-right" Republicans. She argued that it is "very easy to hack into the mother machines."

Heinz Kerry did not offer any specific evidence that votes on the machines were altered.

"We in the United States are not a banana republic," added Heinz Kerry during a fundraiser in Seattle.

"I fear for '06," she said.

Developing....

Dr. Love
03-08-2005, 01:08 PM
...Mother Machines?

McCarrens
03-08-2005, 01:38 PM
What the fuck does Heinz know about voting machines?

Off topic, I totally think Ford'll appear and go on and on about the Diebold "hacking." And he'll be laughed at because his ideas are delusional, foolish and without proof.

Jesterstar
03-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
TERESA'S BACK: ELECTION WAS HACKED!
Tue Mar 08 2005 09:32:36 ET

Teresa Heinz Kerry is openly skeptical about results from November's election, the SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER reports, particularly in sections of the country where optical scanners were used to record votes.

"Two brothers own 80 percent of the machines used in the United States," Heinz Kerry said. She identified both as "hard-right" Republicans. She argued that it is "very easy to hack into the mother machines."

Heinz Kerry did not offer any specific evidence that votes on the machines were altered.

"We in the United States are not a banana republic," added Heinz Kerry during a fundraiser in Seattle.

"I fear for '06," she said.

Developing....

She's right. Under no circumstance should Iris Scanning technology be used to record votes.

Warham
03-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Who really cares about Algore anymore?

Chris Matthews needs to go back to journalism 101.

FORD
03-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Gore could very easily stage a comeback similar to Nixon's in 1968. Some of the speeches he has given in the last 2 or 3 years have been the best of his life.

All he has to do is remind the voters who was rightfully President in 2000 and what happenned as a result of that election being overthrown. Getting that message across through a hostile media would be the hard part :(

Warham
03-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Gore doesn't stand a chance if Hillary runs.

Actually, I wonder if Kerry would even stand a chance.

McCarrens
03-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Gore could very easily stage a comeback similar to Nixon's in 1968. Some of the speeches he has given in the last 2 or 3 years have been the best of his life.

All he has to do is remind the voters who was rightfully President in 2000 and what happenned as a result of that election being overthrown. Getting that message across through a hostile media would be the hard part :(

Maybe he took soe of his meds today. While it mentions "who was rightfully President in 2000" it straight up about the horrors the BCE is inflicting upon the world.

And by horrors I mean, Bush is bringing peace to the Middle East.

Nickdfresh
03-08-2005, 08:20 PM
I was surprised to see a CNN poll with Hillary as the Democratic favorite, and Guiliani as the Republican favorite for 08'.

Nickdfresh
03-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by McCarrens
And by horrors I mean, Bush is bringing peace to the Middle East.

**Peace**:confused: :confused: That last statement is pretty fucking ridiculous! They started a war that has seen the highest US casualty rates since Vietnam, and 100,000 dead Iraqis. You are quite the delusional "journalist" McCarrans!

Seshmeister
03-08-2005, 09:36 PM
Ludicrous.

How do you expect to run a country when you spend your whole time campaigning for elections.

I'm not an expert but since every democrat president for the last 40 years has come from the South I would guess that's where to start looking...

Cheers!

:gulp:

FORD
03-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Sesh has a point. I don't even want to talk about the 2008 election yet. Making gains in both houses of Congress in 2006 is far more important right now, especially in order to prevent long term fasciszation of the courts.

And until we get rid of Diebold and other fraudulent systems, that isn't even likely :(

Nickdfresh
03-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Ludicrous.

How do you expect to run a country when you spend your whole time campaigning for elections.

I'm not an expert but since every democrat president for the last 40 years has come from the South I would guess that's where to start looking...

Cheers!

:gulp:

Unfortunately, Clark polled last among Democrats in the poll I saw this morning.

Hillary has been a fine NY Senator, but what are her chances of winning in 08?'

Seshmeister
03-08-2005, 10:06 PM
From what I read here not good.

To win an election you need to get the people in the middle.

FORD
03-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Clark might be a good one to get "the middle", except I'm sure the mediawhores will try to focus on his lack of political experience. I've been telling the Clark fan club over at DU that the General needs to run for governor in Arkansas and get some political experience in the executive branch under his belt. After that's done, he certainly would be a better candidate than Junior was in 2000, since he obviously has the foreign policy knowledge.

Another idea might be a Gore/Clark ticket, which could leave the General well positioned to take over after that.

Shit..... and here I was going to get off the subject....

Seshmeister
03-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Where do you find a good candidate in a country where intelligence is greeted with suspicion?

Where do you find a candidate who is logical and honest yet has to pretend to be a fundamentalist Christian?

Where do find a candidate that can raise billions of dollars from big business but will not be owned by them?

diamondD
03-08-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Clark might be a good one to get "the middle", except I'm sure the mediawhores will try to focus on his lack of political experience. I've been telling the Clark fan club over at DU that the General needs to run for governor in Arkansas and get some political experience in the executive branch under his belt. After that's done, he certainly would be a better candidate than Junior was in 2000, since he obviously has the foreign policy knowledge.

Another idea might be a Gore/Clark ticket, which could leave the General well positioned to take over after that.

Shit..... and here I was going to get off the subject....

There's been absolutely no rumblings about Clark doing that here locally. He's not as popular here as he seems to be in other states.

Wait...So was Clinton.

diamondD
03-08-2005, 11:25 PM
From what I read here not good.

To win an election you need to get the people in the middle.

Actually she has the master of that in her corner. You know he'll be running that campaign and it's pretty damn scary to think of it, but she might pull it off with enough smoke and mirrors. Most of her past scandals have already been exposed, so she wouldn't have that distraction like Kerry.

Cathedral
03-08-2005, 11:41 PM
I think '08 would be a great opportunity for the Dems and Libs to sit out for 4 or more years...

I'm going to push for a decent Green Party candidate cause i'm sick and tired of the same old crap from the major players that do nothing but obstruct each other and serve no one.

What do y'all say?
Shall we serve the Big Two a healthy helping of Humble Pie?

"Sit down, Waldo"

Cathedral
03-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Where do you find a good candidate in a country where intelligence is greeted with suspicion?

Where do you find a candidate who is logical and honest yet has to pretend to be a fundamentalist Christian?

Where do find a candidate that can raise billions of dollars from big business but will not be owned by them?

If there were such a person in such a place, it would have been bombed a long time ago.

Nickdfresh
03-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
There's been absolutely no rumblings about Clark doing that here locally. He's not as popular here as he seems to be in other states.

Wait...So was Clinton.

"(Wesley Clark's) in business" now (from CNN Wolf Blitzer reports interview), earning shit-loads of cash no doubt!

FORD
03-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I think '08 would be a great opportunity for the Dems and Libs to sit out for 4 or more years...

I'm going to push for a decent Green Party candidate cause i'm sick and tired of the same old crap from the major players that do nothing but obstruct each other and serve no one.

What do y'all say?
Shall we serve the Big Two a healthy helping of Humble Pie?

"Sit down, Waldo"

If only it could happen. But not with electro-frauding so widespread :(

Cathedral
03-09-2005, 12:27 AM
I find myself in agreement with you yet again...is the sky falling? lol.

Dude, my pc is screwing up royally, the credit machines at Kroger don't work today.
PayPal freaked out last week and deducted $200 from my account for a $20 purchase...

I'm with ya, elctronic voting machines need to be scrapped and fast.

But both Dems and Repubs need to sit things out somehow. there needs to be a massive Green Party movement in this country just to give an underdog a shot at doing something good for all of us.

I'm tired of the same song and dance. besides, at least then if the guy sucks, Dems and Repubs will have a common ground on which to bond...sounds good to me, albeit a dream that will never come to pass.

FORD
03-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
I find myself in agreement with you yet again...is the sky falling? lol.

Dude, my pc is screwing up royally, the credit machines at Kroger don't work today.
PayPal freaked out last week and deducted $200 from my account for a $20 purchase...

I'm with ya, elctronic voting machines need to be scrapped and fast.

But both Dems and Repubs need to sit things out somehow. there needs to be a massive Green Party movement in this country just to give an underdog a shot at doing something good for all of us.

I'm tired of the same song and dance. besides, at least then if the guy sucks, Dems and Repubs will have a common ground on which to bond...sounds good to me, albeit a dream that will never come to pass.

Well, how about finding common ground in the guy who sucks who's there right now? I don't think any honest Republican can say that Junior is acting like Lincoln, or Teddy Roosevelt, or even Barry Goldwater.

Maybe it's time for another "major third party" candidate similar to Perot or John Anderson in 1980. Only this time he wins.

Hell I'm just surprised to see you endorsing the Greens ;)

Cathedral
03-09-2005, 01:25 AM
I have no choice but to jump off the wagon, it's heading for a cliff and i like living to a ripe middle age :)

By the way, I voted for Perot back then, and the dude would have won if he had not jumped out and then back in, I honestly believe he had a shot.
I just want something new to try, I've seen all the tricks by the left and the right...it's old.

We need a fresh perspective.

Warham
03-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
**Peace**:confused: :confused: That last statement is pretty fucking ridiculous! They started a war that has seen the highest US casualty rates since Vietnam, and 100,000 dead Iraqis. You are quite the delusional "journalist" McCarrans!

God knows there's been alot of wars between Vietnam and now that we've been involved in.

:D