If ya missed tonight, thurs edition is next
then sunday night.
If i can say one thing, this show on the 1st
night has my attention, i hope you guys
saw it. Im locked in.

CHEERS-

MAX
03-07-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm taping it cos I can't really watch it right now. Too much family running around but from what I've seen so far it looks great. I'm looking forward to watching it in about an hour or so.

redblkwht
03-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Im telling you, i wish i though about the VCR
dammit..that 1st match is incredible too..

WOW

redblkwht
03-07-2005, 11:42 PM
http://contender.tv.yahoo.com/01/index.html

Rikk
03-07-2005, 11:51 PM
I taped it. Gonna watch it in a few minutes before turning in, though. I've been excited to see this for a year now (when they started talking about it)!

MAX
03-07-2005, 11:57 PM
I watched the fight and it was great. Now, gonna tuck fam in and watch the beginning. Great show!!!

DlocRoth
03-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Yeah it is good.

Unlike De La's show, these palookas can actually fight.

ALinChainz
03-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Missed the first show but have it all Tivo'd up now so I won't miss anymore.

MAX
03-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey,

I just read that upon completion of the taping that one of the contestants committed suicide. Any of you heard about this?

ALinChainz
03-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Contender" Suicide Stuns Sly

Fri Feb 18, 1:30 PM ET

By Josh Grossberg

It was a blow Sylvester Stallone didn't see coming.

The 58-year-old Rocky star says he and Mark Burnett were shocked to learn that Najai Turpin, a 23-year-old aspiring prize fighter who took part in their forthcoming elimination-style boxing reality series, The Contender, had committed suicide in Philadelphia earlier this week.

"I couldn't believe my ears so I asked him to repeat it," Stallone recounted to reporters in a conference call Thursday of first hearing the news from show coproducer Jeff Wald.

Turpin shot himself in the head Monday while sitting in a parked car with his girlfriend outside his gym at about 4 a.m. Police are investigating, but have not yet disclosed a reason for the suicide. Turpin's manager has said the young fighter "had a lot of stuff on his mind," including the drive-by murder of a fellow Philly boxer.

Burnett suggested that Turpin's rough background may have played a part. "Najai wouldn't sleep on the bed at The Contender because he was so used to sleeping under the bed or in the closet for fear of various things, between bullets and burglars and robbers and home invasions and the sort of things that no one on this call has had to deal with," Burnett said.

Stallone said he did not believe The Contender somehow contributed to Turpin's death.

"This unfortunate occurrence seems to have nothing to do with boxing but other personal issues that we really don't know much about," said Stallone.

The actor is hosting The Contender with boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard. The series will debut as scheduled Mar. 7 on NBC, despite the Turpin tragedy.

Turpin, whose nickname was "Nitro," is described by Stallone in the premiere episode as a "tough, punchy street kid from Philadelphia fighting for a better life for his family." He was one of 16 fighters duking it out in the ring for $1 million in prize money and a shot at a full-fledged boxing career.

Based on statement from the network that the Contender will not have to be substantially retooled in the wake of his death and subsequent comments made by Burnett, all signs indicate the scrappy middleweight with a 13-1 record may not have made it into the final round of the reality competition.

The final episodes of The Contender, which began taping six months ago, will feature live bouts with fighters selected by fans and will conclude with a championship showdown scheduled for May at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas.

"He's in multiple episodes," Burnett said Thursday. "There will be a tribute to him in the series. It's not something we're going to ignore. It's also something we're not going to change."

Both Stallone and Leonard paid tribute to their protg.

"I loved this man. I loved what he stood for. He was incredibly brave. When he was with his child, you saw the child in him come out," Stallone said.

"He was a softspoken young man who was both a talented boxer and also respected by his peers on the show. Everyone is highly distraught over this loss--he will be missed," said Leonard in a statement on NBC's Contender Website.

Both Stallone and Leonard planned to attend Turpin's funeral in Philadelphia set for Friday. Turpin is survived by his girlfriend and two-year-old daughter, both of whom are featured in the show. NBC is encouraging viewers to contribute to a trust fund set up for the little girl.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=797&ncid=799&e=9&u=/eo/20050218/en_tv_eo/15960

MAX
03-08-2005, 05:29 PM
That's sad.

Thanks for the info Al.

redblkwht
03-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Man i cant wait till tomorrow, im hoping its as good.
The fight that is, i think it may be those 2 talking
smack between each other..if it is look out
for the big bombs.

POJO_Risin
03-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Yeah...I don't know if you guys know the guy who lost in the first fucking fight...but that guy is one badass middleweight...here's Peter Manfredo's website (www.manfredojr.com)...

many thought he was the favorite to win this...

and they didn't really talk about it...but that fucking hack that beat him had to move up a division...he's not a natural middleweight...

it's boxing...so you have to fucking wonder..."was the fix in for ratings?"

I don't think the smack talkers are fighting...they were showing scenes of the fight from Monday...and at the end...they showed a glimpse of a different fight...

Rikk
03-09-2005, 10:40 PM
They definitely tried to set him up as some sort of ROCKY story. There was no way Stallone didn't want an underdog to take the first episode. And an underdog will probably take the whole show too.

Still, great show.

Is tomorrow night's airing a repeat of the debut or the second episode?

POJO_Risin
03-09-2005, 10:44 PM
second episode...

I think I know the matchup...hangon...

I saw a glimpse in what I think was a mistake...

Rikk
03-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Are you sure they didn't put that so people would think something that didn't happen?

Who did they show matching up?

Notice how Turpin didn't really have any lines in the debut episode? I wonder if they've edited some of his parts out since the suicide.

POJO_Risin
03-09-2005, 10:50 PM
It's Jesse Brinkley (http://www.jessebrinkley.com/welcome.htm) (23-1) vs. Jonathan "Reid Dog" Reid (http://realitytv.about.com/library/images/bl-jonathanreid.htm) (34-1)...

I think that's who I saw rolling in the ring...

POJO_Risin
03-09-2005, 10:51 PM
I think he's going to be a focus on a couple of episodes...in particular...the one in which he's going to fight...his family...kids...I think will play a part...and after the episode he gets eliminated in...they are going to pay a tribute to him...

Rikk
03-09-2005, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
I think he's going to be a focus on a couple of episodes...in particular...the one in which he's going to fight...his family...kids...I think will play a part...and after the episode he gets eliminated in...they are going to pay a tribute to him...

It'll be a T.V. first, that's for sure. Fucking sad. Some people just like to shit on those that commit suicide...but one can never know someone else's pain. I just hope it had nothing to do with any embarressment or pain from the fucking show.

POJO_Risin
03-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Or his cuntbag girlfriend that was in the car with him...

Rikk
03-09-2005, 10:56 PM
It's Jesse Brinkley (http://www.jessebrinkley.com/welcome.htm) (23-1) vs. Jonathan "Reid Dog" Reid (http://realitytv.about.com/library/images/bl-jonathanreid.htm) (34-1)...

I think that's who I saw rolling in the ring...

I gotta give it to REID. Dude is colorful (I don't mean that in the way it reads...LOL). I think they may underestimate him.

That said, I think they were setting up the next match with Euro boy and...was it Smith?

Rikk
03-09-2005, 10:57 PM
Or his cuntbag girlfriend that was in the car with him...

What did she do again? I was probably concentrating on my beer.

POJO_Risin
03-09-2005, 11:07 PM
It was 4 in the morning when he shot himself...and she was apparently in the car with him...

They are setting up Ishe "Sugar Shay" Smith (www.sugarshay.com) (who fought the guy who beat Manfredo in episode 1 a few years ago and beat him)....14-0...vs. Ahmed "Baby Face" Kaddour (http://www.bm-boxing.dk/ahmed-kaddour.htm)...18-0

Rikk
03-09-2005, 11:20 PM
It was 4 in the morning when he shot himself...and she was apparently in the car with him...

They are setting up Ishe "Sugar Shay" Smith (www.sugarshay.com) (who fought the guy who beat Manfredo in episode 1 a few years ago and beat him)....14-0...vs. Ahmed "Baby Face" Kaddour (http://www.bm-boxing.dk/ahmed-kaddour.htm)...18-0

I actually like the fucking big talkers sometimes. So I want Smith to win that one.

The cunt was in the fucking car?? What the fuck is that??

And women say that nagging doesn't cause long-term damage...:o

POJO_Risin
03-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Fuck the guy from Denmark...with the faggot coat...

Sly's fucking 58...damn...

Rikk
03-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Fuck the guy from Denmark...with the faggot coat...

Yeah, he doesn't look like a fucking athlete. No wonder he's getting such a hard time.

I actually WAS going for Gomez. But I don't think he'll do the whole thing. I really hope REID does fight in the second episode. I want him to kick some ass.

SLY looks fucking old. You can tell, with all the coloring, plastic surgery, etc. But just think...ROCKY was filmed 30 fucking years ago. I can't believe they still think they could do another one. The last two ROCKY movies fucking sucked.

POJO_Risin
03-10-2005, 12:07 AM
I actually liked the last one...not sure why...

liked watching Apollo die as well...

I think they could do another one...

Rocky as the grizzled trainer...hmmm...wait...they did that already...didn't they...lmfao...

I actually heard they were set to do one on Rocky's end game...ie...Parkinson's...kinda going back to the roots...where it's not really about the boxing...but about the story...

but it was nixed when Stallone did "The Contender" instead of the DeLa Hoya deal that was supported by the studio that did all the Rocky movies...Paramount I think....

POJO_Risin
03-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Sly does look old...but...

it still looks like he could kick the shit out of most of the fuckers that are on the contender...his fucking forearms are huge...

POJO_Risin
03-10-2005, 12:13 AM
No...it was MGM...I think...

POJO_Risin
03-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Okay...so here's what Stallone is saying...

MGM got bought out by Sony...who wants to do the movie...

Stallone owns an Italian Restaurant...Adriane dies...He's on the outs with his kid...who's a boxer...

The kid and dad get together to try and patch things up...by training him...for a title shot with a guy named...get this...Mason Dixon...the current heavyweight champ...

This was recent...in February...on Dennis Miller live...

redblkwht
03-10-2005, 12:18 AM
I have a feeling that dude killed himself, feeling
the Vegas vibe, big money & im guessing he came
up short..& he didnt want to return home to philly..
in which i hear is a tough area.
If thats the case ALL this exposure, wouldnt a trainer
want to pick some of these guys up? I dunno.
Beers are flowin'' ;)

Rikk
03-10-2005, 12:39 AM
I actually liked the last one...not sure why...

liked watching Apollo die as well...

I think they could do another one...

Rocky as the grizzled trainer...hmmm...wait...they did that already...didn't they...lmfao...

I actually heard they were set to do one on Rocky's end game...ie...Parkinson's...kinda going back to the roots...where it's not really about the boxing...but about the story...

but it was nixed when Stallone did "The Contender" instead of the DeLa Hoya deal that was supported by the studio that did all the Rocky movies...Paramount I think....

United Artists, now MGM, own the ROCKY pics.

I don't know. I hated ROCKY V. I hated seeing him lose all his money. And it made no sense. If a boxer like ROCKY made a shitty deal to lose all his money, all he would have to do is three or four commercials and he'd be semi-rich again. It's bullshit. Why the fuck would he go back to the slums?

As for ROCKY IV, I don't buy into that whole anti-Red scene in the mid-80s...RED DAWN and all that shit. Don't get me wrong...I hate communism (mostly for economic reasons). But that film is pretty fucking dumb.

Still, ROCKY and RAMBO were a major part of my growing up. And ROCKY II will always be my favorite.

Rikk
03-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Okay...so here's what Stallone is saying...

MGM got bought out by Sony...who wants to do the movie...

Stallone owns an Italian Restaurant...Adriane dies...He's on the outs with his kid...who's a boxer...

The kid and dad get together to try and patch things up...by training him...for a title shot with a guy named...get this...Mason Dixon...the current heavyweight champ...

This was recent...in February...on Dennis Miller live...

Man...I don't know. Why would Adrienne die? An Italian restaurant?

It kinda sucks...because the original film was about a bum having one greatness about him that helps him escape...and then the series ends on a down note. I hate sequels that do that.

Rikk
03-10-2005, 10:07 PM
There's REID with his family. Looks like you may be right about who's fighting POJ. They show the family when that person's going to fight.

Rikk
03-10-2005, 10:11 PM
I think SMITH is going to tear pretty boy's head off one of these episodes.

redblkwht
03-11-2005, 01:20 AM
My bad i took Reid in the prelim before the bout..
his physic looked impressive, but the white dude
had too much power..
if reid out boxed him, he woulda won with his speed.
he let him inside..good show once again.

redblkwht
03-11-2005, 02:35 AM
Any idea who is fighting on sunday?
Im hoping Ishe backs up his big mouth..
Dont like the denmark dude either.
at all..

Little_Skittles
03-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Hey,

I just read that upon completion of the taping that one of the contestants committed suicide. Any of you heard about this?

I know it's a lil late for this but that guy also was the winner of the contender.

Rikk
03-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Little_Skittles
I know it's a lil late for this but that guy also was the winner of the contender.

The final fight hasn't even happened yet, you idiot.

POJO_Risin
03-11-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm going by my quick eyes here...

but I think that "Sugar Shay" Ishe Smith vs. "Baby Face" is going at it on Sunday...

it was brief...

but the guy walking out for the West was black...

and the guy walking out for the East had his hood covering most of his face...but looked like Baby Face from Denmark...

I think it's happening on Sunday...

I like Ishe...he's not as bad as they are making him out to be...he fought the guy who won in the first episode in his fourth fight and beat him...is now rooming with him...and is talking about the respect that he has for him...

I think this is the kind of guy that if he wins this...could become a potential superstar...

He wanted to get out of the business because boxing is a crooked sport...then decided to stay in so that he could help to clean it up...

I like his smack talk...we'll see...

both guys I've picked have lost...

I think Smith will win...lmfao...which means he'll probably lose...

I think they are setting up him to be the star...to win this...and then the shit will start with him and Jesse...that won last night...

we shall see...

ALinChainz
03-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Ishe seemed all for fighting that dude, but then when the time came, he wondered why everyone was pushing him for it.

POJO_Risin
03-11-2005, 08:42 PM
I don't think Ishe is a pussy...

I just think he's trying to control it...and he's smart in doing it...

I don't think he wants to do it when they choose...but when he chooses...

the only thing is...is if the East wins...I think they'll throw up the pretty boy to face Ishe...and that's going to happen Sunday...in my humble opinion...

ALinChainz
03-11-2005, 08:44 PM
He was way affected by Big george's visit and his motto of "plan your work, and work your plan".

Not the team's plan ...

Hopefully that is the fight that's next.

POJO_Risin
03-11-2005, 08:48 PM
I just don't want that fucking prick from Denmark to win...

I'm not fucking anti-american...but I want an american to win it...

POJO_Risin
03-11-2005, 08:48 PM
and like I said Al...I'm almost 100% sure that's who was walking to the ring in the previews...they tried to hide it...but I taped it...it looks like both of them...

Rikk
03-11-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm not fucking anti-american...but I want an american to win it...

:confused:

:D

Rikk
03-11-2005, 10:53 PM
SMITH will take it. Of course, Pretty Boy could be the big surprise. They are spending an awful lot of time setting him up as the villain. That means the audience may have something to hate for more than just one more episode...

If I were editing the show, I would have set it up the way it is because Pretty Boy beats Smith and brings down the spirit of the West team. That's how I see it just based on the editing they've shown so far.

BTW, SMITH was not a pussy for backing out. He was smart to not be pushed into it.

Anyway, I really don't know. At the very least, it will be those two just based on the editing that leads up to it. No other possibly contenders have been set up for next episode.

I was really shocked to see REID lose. I really wanted him to win.

This show will NOT go the De Hoya route. It's already much better.

POJO_Risin
03-11-2005, 11:39 PM
I don't know what the De La Hoya Route is...lmfao...since I don't even remember that show was on...

I'm wondering what kind of crack these guys are going to get after this show is over...

hopefully...they'll come out with some Sugar Ray sponsored management...and won't get wrung into a big payday...big loss fight with someone that will outclass them...

you gotta do this show...fight one lead in fight that's more than 5 rounds (although I'm assuming the contender crown fight will be a full 10 rounds)...

then capitalize on that win with a title shot...

you have to wonder though...how much the winner of this whole deal will be helped by the fact that you don't have time to train for the guys you are fighting...

does anyone think that Reid or Manfredo lose with a full 3 months of training?

no way...

Rikk
03-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Yeah, but don't you think these guys have probably been doing hardcore training for the months leading up to the show anyway? How is that different from training for a normal big fight? The only focus they DON'T have (which is admittedly major) is the focus on that one single opponent, with months of studying moves, weaknesses, etc.

Rikk
03-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Okay. Showtime (again).

I hope Smith fights, and I hope he kicks PRETTY BOY's ass.

POJO_Risin
03-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Rikk
Yeah, but don't you think these guys have probably been doing hardcore training for the months leading up to the show anyway? How is that different from training for a normal big fight? The only focus they DON'T have (which is admittedly major) is the focus on that one single opponent, with months of studying moves, weaknesses, etc.

And that makes a difference...

I think it truly takes a good bit of time and shit talk to get good boxers away from taking a fighter lightly...like the first fight...

I think...no doubt in my mind...the guy that won...wasn't the better fighter...just the more hungry...

Of course...GREAT fighters are always ready...

you know...imagine the money in some of the rematches this show will spawn...

Christ...if I was Sugar Ray...I'd already have the fucking card set and ready to go on the undercard of the main fight...

or...for the winner of the shows first title fight...

POJO_Risin
03-13-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm not going to watch at 8:00...taping it...

going to watch it much later tonight...

Rikk
03-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Yeah, it's on an hour earlier in Toronto.

Rikk
03-13-2005, 07:16 PM
And that makes a difference...

I think it truly takes a good bit of time and shit talk to get good boxers away from taking a fighter lightly...like the first fight...

I think...no doubt in my mind...the guy that won...wasn't the better fighter...just the more hungry...

Of course...GREAT fighters are always ready...

you know...imagine the money in some of the rematches this show will spawn...

Christ...if I was Sugar Ray...I'd already have the fucking card set and ready to go on the undercard of the main fight...

or...for the winner of the shows first title fight...

Oh no doubt. I still think REID was a better fighter than JESSE. These reality shows are more than anything great promotion for tons of products. And no show has better promotion for characters as products than this one. THE APPRENTICE may be advertising for usually good executives...but in terms of entertainment or sports figures to sell later, this is it.

POJO_Risin
03-13-2005, 07:21 PM
It's really hard to say about Reid...He looked better physically...

but Jesse is an unknown...and he was fucking tenacious...he kept Reid from dancing away...and charged him...was in better overall shape I think...

He's a darkhorse...

you watch...

The guy that won the first fight...will get sandblasted in the second fight...

Jesse will be around...unless one of the top guys goes after him...and DOESN'T take him lightly...

like Sugar Shay...

if Shay wins tonight...I think he becomes the #1 guy...and they'll start building up the rivalry between the two...

I saw a special on the dude that killed himself...and they showed a flash of him in the ring with Peter Manfredo in his corner...

It looks like some of the old guys come back throughout...interesting...

Troy
03-13-2005, 07:35 PM
Great show. Even the loon is into it.

ALinChainz
03-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Ishe and Ahmed (sp?) is a go ...

ALinChainz
03-13-2005, 08:37 PM
Amhed ... and a pretty smokin' girlfriend ...

MAX
03-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Amhed ... and a pretty smokin' girlfriend ...

Yeah,

She was hot fo sho. However, that fight blew goat balls. That was pretty weak and not exciting whatsoever.

Rikk
03-13-2005, 09:57 PM
I kind of enjoyed watching pretty boy get his butt whupped. I like how he declared himself the winner when it was all over. Some people need to allow themselves a bit of shame...

Excuse me, I'm just turning my MOLLY HATCHET CD up a bit. I haven't heard this thing in years...just inspired by the death of Danny Joe Brown.

MAX
03-13-2005, 10:11 PM
I kind of enjoyed watching pretty boy get his butt whupped. I like how he declared himself the winner when it was all over. Some people need to allow themselves a bit of shame...

Excuse me, I'm just turning my MOLLY HATCHET CD up a bit. I haven't heard this thing in years...just inspired by the death of Danny Joe Brown.

I didn't care for either fighter. It was pretty boring. The "Pretty Boy's" chick was hot though. Did you guys notice Clubber Lang in the audience? lol.

I only know one "Molly Hatchet" song. Never cared for it but my condolences anyway.

Rikk
03-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Clubber Lang, Rocky and Adrienne's brother Paulie, all in the same audience. LOL. (Paulie was also in the audience last time.)

MAX
03-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Burt Young was in attendance? Didn't see him. Where the fuck is Creed?

Bubba
03-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Being a huge boxing fan, I gotta say this show is so fucking stupid.

It's Survivor w/boxing mixed in. I'm not a fan of reality T.V. in any way & this show is no exception.

Rikk
03-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Yeah. Creed should also be there. I haven't seen CARL WEATHERS since HAPPY GILMORE, I think.

Yeah, BURT YOUNG was there. He looks alright. He's a really good actor, actually. He did a great job in a LAW & ORDER episode some years ago that I happened to catch...he played an old sex offender that gets out of prison and tries to fight his urges. He was really effective. Other than that, I haven't seen the dude in much.

MAX
03-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Bubba
Being a huge boxing fan, I gotta say this show is so fucking stupid.

It's Survivor w/boxing mixed in. I'm not a fan of reality T.V. in any way & this show is no exception.

Well,

I like it but then again, I like Survivor. :p

Rikk
03-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Same here. SURVIVOR is fucking awesome. Actually, I like all three of Burnett's big shows...SURVIVOR, APPRENTICE, CONTENDER.

My three favorite all-time shows are:

1) Dallas
2) The Sopranos
3) Survivor

I also love 24.

redblkwht
03-14-2005, 01:05 AM
I think Ahmed didnt fight the fight he should have..
throwing bombs & not boxing.
he deserved to lose, i got respect now for Ishi
apologizing to his team and all, hes not the best though.
Out of the three, i like the 2nd fight kid, hes a hungry fighter.

POJO_Risin
03-15-2005, 05:47 PM
I don't know RBW...I will just say this...a lot of times...the guy you are fighting can make you look really good by not being that good...

I didn't think the fight was great...but...in the same respect...neither backed down...

You won't know until the end of all of this...IE...until the last couple of fights...

POJO_Risin
03-15-2005, 05:52 PM
So the question is...who are they bringing back...and who gets hurt?

My guess here is that they vote to bring back in Peter Manfredo Jr.

As I said earlier...I saw him standing in suicide guy's corner during a special during the week...and couldn't figure it out...

I'm guessing the East side is going to vote in one of the three they lost...and they'll pick who they think is their strongest fighter...

POJO_Risin
03-15-2005, 05:53 PM
It would suck though if Manfredo would win this thing after losing in the first fight...

Rikk
03-15-2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah...if you lose, you lose. I think he'll be back to help out the team. But he won't be back to have another shot. That shit ain't fair. A victory is a victory and a loss is a loss. Sometimes in these shows, they bring people back to help out even though that person is still technically OUT. They did that last season on THE APPRENTICE for one episode.

POJO_Risin
03-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Well...I think someone gets hurt in the next episode...and they bring someone back in to take his place...not fair...not unfair...

we'll have to wait until Sunday to see...

redblkwht
03-17-2005, 12:00 AM
It would suck though if Manfredo would win this thing after losing in the first fight... I read hes back too, im wondering if this
is the week the Ohio dude fights & then goes off the deep end?
Hmm.:(
This show is still rocking!!

POJO_Risin
03-17-2005, 12:18 AM
I thought the "Ohio Dude" was from Philly?

I'm also wondering if Manfredo is just back to be in his corner...

like I said...I saw something with dead dude getting ready to fight...and Manfredo WAS in his corner...

then they said someone was going to be voted back in. I just can't figure out why they would vote the best fighter in the whole damn contest back in...after a fluke loss...

Rikk
03-17-2005, 12:23 AM
He's there to help. I'm almost sure of it. There would be too much of an outcry if he's actually a contender again. It just is unfair for his opponent.

POJO_Risin
03-17-2005, 12:26 AM
I don't know that there would be that much of an outcry...it's not like we're talking about #1 contenders here...

redblkwht
03-17-2005, 12:26 AM
I thought the "Ohio Dude" was from Philly?

I'm also wondering if Manfredo is just back to be in his corner...

like I said...I saw something with dead dude getting ready to fight...and Manfredo WAS in his corner...

then they said someone was going to be voted back in. I just can't figure out why they would vote the best fighter in the whole damn contest back in...after a fluke loss... my bad your right
i forgot where. They way Sugar said your back, made me think he is
indeed back. maybe a loser bracket i dunno.

Rikk
03-17-2005, 12:28 AM
I don't know that there would be that much of an outcry...it's not like we're talking about #1 contenders here...

No, I mean...the criticism. I remember a year or so ago, SURVIVOR brought back two people that had been voted out. And fans were really pissed off about it. In this case, it's even a bigger deal because someone beat him in the ring.

That said, it is just a T.V. show. Anything can happen.

Does it look like it's this Sunday that...what's his name?...the guy who killed himself is fighting?

POJO_Risin
03-17-2005, 12:30 AM
Yeah...again though...an injury...and in a boxing tournament...you need #'s...and you couldn't really throw a by in this...

redblkwht
03-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Najai Turpin..

http://contender.tv.yahoo.com/01/index.html

MAX
03-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Lord,

Tonight's episode left quite a sting wouldn't you say? Jeeze, watching Najai play with his little daughter and all the while knowing that he eventually would commit suicide. It's both heartbreaking and crazy.

It was a good fight though, that Sergio is one tough cookie.

Rikk
03-20-2005, 10:59 PM
I can't believe the dude killed himself. And with that witch right next to him in the car??

Sad shit. But they definitely played up the fact that he is fucked up. I guess they didn't want people somehow blaming the competition. And they're right. Nobody just kills himself because he loses a competition...no matter how big it is. There has to be something else going wrong in the brain.

Oh, and POJO was obviously right about someone coming back.

Great episode!

redblkwht
03-20-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Lord,

Tonight's episode left quite a sting wouldn't you say? Jeeze, watching Najai play with his little daughter and all the while knowing that he eventually would commit suicide. It's both heartbreaking and crazy.

It was a good fight though, that Sergio is one tough cookie. I think Sergio acted psycho in the bout..hes very smart book wise, but didnt dig the taunting..he'll get his ass whupped very soon.

MAX
03-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by redblkwht
I think Sergio acted psycho in the bout..hes very smart book wise, but didnt dig the taunting..he'll get his ass whupped very soon.

I duuno cos I kind of like that. When I took Kempo many years back, I learned that getting into the opponents head was half of the battle. I've never boxed outside of for fun with buddies. However, you have to admit that Sergio was one intimidating fighter after a bit. He had that glare.

redblkwht
03-20-2005, 11:48 PM
I agree but there is a way of doing it, if he does that to Ishe or # 2 episode winner hes gonna go down. sorry i dont like him. Im digging that manfredos back.;)

Rikk
03-21-2005, 12:11 AM
I like SERGIO. I think his whole mindset (the Mom shit, his reading habits)...I don't know. I'm a sucker for those kinds of people...good heart, smart. And frankly, I think getting into the opponent's head is half the challenge.

POJO_Risin
03-21-2005, 10:15 AM
I'll be honest here...both those guys last night will get pounded by any of the winners of the first three fights...

here's why...their defense sucked ass...

Sergio is booksmart? Look...anyone can pull out a freakin' Oscar Wilde book...and make themselves look smart...

and the shit about his mom...let's be honest...is it any different from anyone else?

If Sergio fights a real fighter...he's going to get blown up...

as for the suicide deal...what can you say...

glad they are setting up a trust fund for his kid...you have to be a stupid motherfucker to kill yourself with a year old girl...

fuck that...any sympathy for Najai walked out the door when I saw his kid...

If I were the West...I'd fight Manfredo again next week...

2 big fights in the span of a couple of weeks would be near impossible...

I'd want to get him out...

POJO_Risin
03-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I don't think he got into Najai's head by the way...Najai was all business...always moving forward...he just overthrew in the second round...

what can you say...

POJO_Risin
03-21-2005, 10:22 AM
My guess is either the West will go after Manfredo...or...Manfredo will want to get the onus off of him...

if he makes it into the round of 8...I wouldn't want to be the guy who beat him first...

rematches are a bitch...

POJO_Risin
03-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Not one vote for Ahmed...

redblkwht
03-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Wonder if he was that well liked, or that good of a boxer..lol

POJO_Risin
03-21-2005, 10:36 AM
I really think they all hated that guy...christ...both teams gave Ishe an ovation when he came in...so fuck it...

Rikk
03-21-2005, 12:07 PM
It was a vote of unpopularity.

I guess I agree that Jesse is the best we've seen so far. But I think even he could lose to Manfredo.

Big Troubles
03-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Im digging this Ultimate Fighter on Spike more.

flappo
03-21-2005, 12:30 PM
you like anything with a pulse in trousers

we've all heard aboot you , chris

hahaah

you faggoty little plant puller

POJO_Risin
03-21-2005, 12:58 PM
I don't think that Jesse was the best we've seen...

I think Reid was overrated...a dancer instead of a puncher...

Jesse was a puncher...and matched up well...

I don't know about Manfredo yet...Ishe throws bombs...doesn't move well though...at least I don't think he does...

It's hard to tell from one fight...

Big Troubles
03-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by flappo
you like anything with a pulse in trousers

we've all heard aboot you , chris

hahaah

you faggoty little plant puller

sad... :(

still seeking attention I see?

redblkwht
03-21-2005, 10:59 PM
It was a vote of unpopularity.

I guess I agree that Jesse is the best we've seen so far. But I think even he could lose to Manfredo. I think the weakest winner so far is Gomez.I think Ishe was in a bomb war, it wasnt that great boxing..just hate in the ring.

redblkwht
03-26-2005, 11:55 PM
alright fuckers this match sun nite is the best so far- as they say..im tuning in, wonder who's fighting? ;)

Rikk
03-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Holy fuck. (It's on one hour earlier in Toronto.) That was the best fight BY FAR all season. Fucking amazing. I won't ruin it because you fools haven't seen it yet.

redblkwht
03-27-2005, 09:25 PM
You aint lying bro..
it got tiring looking at melanie griffith..i mean yuk, quit
showing seahag #2 she grosses me out nowadays.

Rikk
03-27-2005, 09:38 PM
You aint lying bro..
it got tiring looking at melanie griffith..i mean yuk, quit
showing seahag #2 she grosses me out nowadays.

I know. She used to be so fucking hot back...20 years ago?

Funny, I saw a documentary with her mom in it (TIPPI HEDREN), and her MOM looks hotter than her daughter! Seriously!:eek:

redblkwht
03-28-2005, 01:03 AM
Looked at Tippi thru yahoo
she is way better than her daughter comparing at thier
prime age..your dead on..lol
the birds movie, i didnt know
that was her.:cool:
BTW Manfredo looked great.
yet another boxer who boxed himself out of the match after round 2.
Manfredo won rounds 1-4-5
period.
next week theres a stopped fight, wonder who the 2 are.
should be impressive ;)

Rikk
03-28-2005, 01:10 AM
The episode was average, but the fight was great!! Good to see a fighter with MANFREDO's skill get a second chance, but I can understand why his original opponent was fucking pissed.

Hedren is like over 70 now, and she looks fucking good. I mean it. And I'm no Old Folks' Home Snatcher. She looks damn good...better now than her daughter looks now.

POJO_Risin
04-10-2005, 11:44 PM
A good fighter would have hammered that kid tonight...

looking forward to watching Billy fight next week...then on to the round of 8...

I like Ishe as a boxer...but am hoping someone beats the fucking piss out of that guy...

redblkwht
04-11-2005, 12:05 AM

I like Ishe as a boxer...but am hoping someone beats the fucking piss out of that guy... Me too, hes an ass..too cocky for the wrong reasons.
I think fight 1 winner is done too..

POJO_Risin
04-11-2005, 01:39 AM
I'd put Ishe at the top though right now...with Manfredo right behind him...

if someone gets to pick their opponant...I'd go right at Manfredo...after 2 helacious fights...gotta get him with as little rest as possible...if he gets rested up because people are afraid of him...

it's done...gone...see you later...

I'm curious to see what the guy that won last week does against a better fighter...he was viscious...

Ishe...Manfredo...maybe Jesse...although I don't think Reid was as good as people think...we'll see...

redblkwht
04-11-2005, 01:44 AM

I think fight 1 winner is done too.. Gomez
is the name..put a fork in him round 2nd level..hes so done.

POJO_Risin
04-11-2005, 01:54 AM
He got lucky...I don't think he's that good..he caught Manfredo by surprise...it won't happen again...

My guess?

Ishe against the dude from last week...

Gomez against Manfredo in a rematch...

Jesse vs. the kid from tonight...

and the guy that beat suicide guy against next week...

then they'll put Ishe and Manfredo opposite of each other...

probaby Ishe vs. Jesse (grudge)

and Manfredo vs. guy that beat suicide guy...

then Ishe and Manfredo in the final...

that's gotta be what they want...

redblkwht
04-11-2005, 02:01 AM
He got lucky...I don't think he's that good..he caught Manfredo by surprise...it won't happen again...

My guess?

Ishe against the dude from last week...

Gomez against Manfredo in a rematch...

Jesse vs. the kid from tonight...

and the guy that beat suicide guy against next week...

then they'll put Ishe and Manfredo opposite of each other...

probaby Ishe vs. Jesse (grudge)

and Manfredo vs. guy that beat suicide guy...

then Ishe and Manfredo in the final...

that's gotta be what they want...
Good guess, id go with that scenario..did you sign up for the free trip on yahoo?
we did..hope i know someone that wins..
www.yahoo.com/contender

POJO_Risin
04-11-2005, 02:03 AM
I'll check it out...

lmfao...you sound like an advertising guy for the fucking gig...lmfao...

Gmoney
04-11-2005, 09:29 PM
It's going to be Stallone vs. Sugar Ray in the title match!!

In the battle of the dead guys: Apolllo Creed will fight the kid who killed himself in the undercard.

Gmoney
04-11-2005, 09:31 PM
No seriously, Jesse will win in all because that cat can party with the best of them!!

POJO_Risin
04-17-2005, 08:39 PM
WOW...Joey on one leg in a HUGE upset in my book...

and the fight was early...

there's fucking 20 minutes left in the show...

setting up the top 8 for next week...

can he go though?

The Hammy has to keep him from rollin'...

can't wait to find out the next stage...

POJO_Risin
04-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Juan is stepping out...holy shit...

you can't tell me that they are going to vote someone else in...

He's fucking stepping out...that's weak shit...weak shit...

I wonder who's going to step in?...if anyone?

POJO_Risin
04-17-2005, 08:44 PM
They are all heading to Caesar's Palace...

for the rest of the fights...and not a new fighter?

a tournament?

with a bye?

That wouldn't be fucking right

POJO_Risin
04-17-2005, 08:55 PM
Here we go...Reid...Ahmed...Miguel...Tarick and Jimmy Lange...can be voted in...

JESUS...this is huge...

Christ...they aren't going to do the vote until next week...that's fucked up...really fucked up...

POJO_Risin
04-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Holy Shit...they are bringing back Ahmed...you have to be fucking kidding me...unbelievable...

it was him in the ring...Ahmed the loud mouth...lmfao...

things are gettin' interesting...

MAX
04-17-2005, 09:33 PM

Just saw that match. That fuckin' Joey..........WOW!!!

Killer fight.

Rikk
04-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Here we go...Reid...Ahmed...Miguel...Tarick and Jimmy Lange...can be voted in...

JESUS...this is huge...

Christ...they aren't going to do the vote until next week...that's fucked up...really fucked up...

Personally, I don't know why...but I'd like REID to get another shot. I think he just had a shitty night. But is he the best of the five? Probably not.

Rikk
04-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Holy Shit...they are bringing back Ahmed...you have to be fucking kidding me...unbelievable...

it was him in the ring...Ahmed the loud mouth...lmfao...

things are gettin' interesting...

How do you know they're bringing back Ahmed? Were there pics of this?

Well, let's face it...the guy's a prick, but he's a good fighter who let his ego fuck him up during his first match.

redblkwht
04-17-2005, 10:39 PM

there's fucking 20 minutes left in the show...

setting up the top 8 for next week...

can he go though?

The Hammy has to keep him from rollin'...

can't wait to find out the next stage...
2 fights next week, sweet..
ahmad is back indeed i saw him too. not happy with that asswhipe.i hope he gets his ass handed to him again by jesse..
good show again, incredible match on one leg.
Id give the underdog the nod if not for the leg i was deeply impressed by his outing.
end of the show was shitty, shoulda showed the vote..lol

Rikk
04-17-2005, 10:42 PM
2 fights next week, sweet..
ahmad is back indeed i saw him too. not happy with that asswhipe.i hope he gets his ass handed to him again by jesse..
good show again, incredible match on one leg.
Id give the underdog the nod if not for the leg i was deeply impressed by his outing.
end of the show was shitty, shoulda showed the vote..lol

Fuck, I guess I missed the NEXT WEEK commercial.:mad:

DlocRoth
04-18-2005, 08:48 PM
I havent read a lick of this thread, however, that being said....

The big winner will be Anthony Bonsante.

Shakoppee MN in da HOUSE!!

Rikk
04-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
The big winner will be Anthony Bonsante.

Very well could be.

DlocRoth
04-18-2005, 11:10 PM
The dude's got hands of stone.

redblkwht
04-18-2005, 11:16 PM
I think Jesse has stone hands too..i still cannot believe ahmad is coming back..lmao
I read Ishe is bound to lose next match, lets see if that pans out.:rolleyes:

DlocRoth
04-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Fuck Ishe.

He's a bum.

redblkwht
04-20-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
Fuck Ishe.

He's a bum.
Fuck yeah, his act is tiring..
i hope his ass is handed to him
next time, with that stupid blue
hat. lmao

POJO_Risin
04-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Okay...it looks like Ahmed is going against the guy that beat Manfredo, Gomez, and Ishe is going against...I think...I can't remember...

Oh yeah Sergio...he's the one that won the truck...and he's hungry...

My picks this week...

Ahmed and Ishe move on...into the final four...although I think Ishe is going to have his hands full...

I think Ahmed is going to hand Gomez his ass...

Rikk
04-24-2005, 10:06 PM
I think Ahmed is going to hand Gomez his ass...

Oh really?

;)

redblkwht
04-24-2005, 10:29 PM
WOW..
Im glad the snake won, Ishe is out..

Gomes came with his ''A'' game
& beat the cocky prick, i loved it.
Great 2 hours, killer fights.

ALinChainz
04-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Ouch ... Ishe and Ahmed go home. Good fights.

POJO_Risin
04-24-2005, 11:53 PM
Gomez looked good...that's for sure...so the fights are set for next week...

we have Nick??? the kid that gave Manfredo the car...against Manfredo...

and Jesse vs. limpy...don't know how he's going to go with a bum hammy...

looks like only one fight next week...so perhaps we have another vote in?

POJO_Risin
04-24-2005, 11:53 PM
Ahmed got fucking worked...I haven't watched the Ishe fight yet...know he lost...but taped it...

redblkwht
04-25-2005, 12:08 AM
Ahmed got fucking worked...I haven't watched the Ishe fight yet...know he lost...but taped it... I cannot believe the command the latin snake had on him(ishe)..he is my frontrunner, until i see jesse's next fight-

POJO_Risin
04-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Gomez looked pretty fucking good too...and has already beat Manfredo once...

I say Manfredo...although it doesn't look like Manfredo has the killer instinct...and has already fought twice...and two fucking wars...

redblkwht
04-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Ahmed got fucking worked...I haven't watched the Ishe fight yet...know he lost...but taped it... dang dude, fast forward for the 15 min fight..
damn good. ill hang out for your reaction lol-

POJO_Risin
04-25-2005, 12:29 AM
Not going to watch it tonight...I'll throw my two cents in tomorrow...

and I'd have to rewind...lmfao...

redblkwht
04-25-2005, 12:36 AM
Not going to watch it tonight...I'll throw my two cents in tomorrow...

and I'd have to rewind...lmfao...
Lazy bastard.. i dont blame ya.

POJO_Risin
04-25-2005, 12:43 AM
I knocked the remote to far away...now I'm watching some infomercial about fucking good feet insoles or some shit...

Rikk
04-25-2005, 01:27 AM
That first fight was incredible. What a great fucking fight. Second best fight this season.

Anyway, I remember everyone bitching about Gomez and I never understood why. I think he could take this thing. Limpy is out, and we know it (though maybe he's so bad that someone will be brought back, but I doubt he'll quit). Manfredo is good, but I don't think he's as good as Gomez (though one fight together is not the final word on such a thing). Joey is smart, but as good as Gomez? No. Sergio? Great fighter...but he struggled a bit against Ishe. Hard to say. I think Gomez could beat him. Jesse? Tough mother fucker. He could do it. I was surprised he didn't want to take Ahmed. He would have destroyed him.

What a great night...two great fights.

POJO_Risin
05-01-2005, 08:57 PM
Don't forget...Ishe has beaten Gomez before...so to struggle a bit with Ishe may be a sign...

Manfredo is in the game...a great fight...Manfredo looked great in the first two round...and the last round a bit...I think it would have been interesting had Joey not gotten hurt...but I still think Manfredo would have won that last round...he certainly landed more solid punches...

Next week...Jesse vs. Tony...both nursing hammy injuries...although I think Jesse's isn't as serious...

if Jesse wins...you've got Jesse...a thumper...and Gomez...a thumper...

vs. Sergio...who's probably the smartest guy there...and Manfredo...probably the best pure boxer there...who's gaining momentum...

It should be an interesting final four...and would love to see Manfredo face Gomez in the finale...

POJO_Risin
05-01-2005, 08:58 PM
The guys there are looking at Gomez and saying world champion though...so who knows...

POJO_Risin
05-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Holy shit...did anyone catch the last few seconds of next weeks fight?

These guys are going to go at it...

MAX
05-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Ahhh Fuck!!!

I liked that Joey and wanted him to win. Oh well.....

POJO_Risin
05-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Joey was a conniving bastard...but he had a big heart when it came right down to it...we may see that kid again...somewhere down the line...

redblkwht
05-02-2005, 01:01 AM
Holy shit...did anyone catch the last few seconds of next weeks fight?

These guys are going to go at it...
from what i saw it seems like
jesse may lose.
hes my frontrunner hope im
wrong. i cannot stand tony
hes a doublecross..
if jesse loses, ill take the
snake.

great fight tonight, if the headbutt didnt happen joey
had the momentum to win
& probabally would have.

vanzilla
05-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Man -tonight was the first time I've actually got to see this show because I'm busy putting togther our Sunday Sports program. What a great fight between these 2 cats. The headbutt was a disappointing finish, but that Joey is one tough fucker. I need to have my wife start taping this.

I actually did a couple of stories on Johnathan Reid a few years back. He's one class act. I was surprised that he got knocked off so early, and upset I didn't get to see it. I can't say enough good things about him though, not only as a fighter, but as a person too.

Did they feature Reid's trainer Eddie Rochelle on the show?

There's another fighter from Nashville on the show too. I don't remember his name though or if he's even still in competition. Any ideas.

redblkwht
05-02-2005, 01:11 AM
happy b-day zilla..hang in the sports forums as much as you
like, theres always some good
story or smack talk were all
spouting off about..;)
i think that dude was the cowboy that got his ass handed
to him by joey?

vanzilla
05-02-2005, 01:28 AM
Thanks rdblk...Are you catching the Roth show at the HOB in Chicago?

redblkwht
05-02-2005, 01:58 AM
yeah got a hook up?
i wanna meet dave in my lifetime..any clues have at it ;)

actually was just on the ticketmaster lloking for the date july 14 i think..lol
im there bro ;)
florida may be my home once again btw..sweet.

POJO_Risin
05-03-2005, 12:20 AM
Maybe Brent...I'm not sure though...

It does Look like Tony wins next week...

and I don't give a fuck about his double cross...that's what the fucking show is all about...

when you have kids...at least ones you know about...lmfao...you'll get what HE'S saying...

and Tony can fucking throw some bombs...

they show him throwing a HUGE right at Jesse...right before it hits...and it looks big...

that being said...they are making it look like Jesse's going to lose...so he may win...

I still say Manfredo's the guy to beat.

Here's why...

He wasn't crisp the first 2 fights...but was incredibly crisp in the first 2 rounds...and was winning the fifth...

The dude he beat was done in the fifth...spent...Manfredo looked like he could go 10 more rounds...

I think he's catching his stride...and he can take a punch...we shall see.

If the last fight is a 10 rounder...I'm goin' with Manfredo...or Snake...

we'll see...lmfao...probably the kiss of death for both...

Rikk
05-04-2005, 08:06 PM
I still think it's Gomez that's gonna do it all. Or even Tony. I still think they have more than Manfredo. Manfredo steams out early, it seems. I think Tony will win next week. They're playing up the injury too much.

What's definitely true is the guys that are left are all very good...but Jesse won't go all the way.

POJO_Risin
05-04-2005, 08:12 PM
You think Manfredo steamed out?

hell no...

shit...I've been watching boxing my whole life...and that last fight...he was getting hit by a desperate boxer who was just throwing punches non-stop...

trust me on this...

rewatch the fifth round...that dude had nothing left...Manfredo was landing heavy punches...

if that was a real middleweight fight...going 10 rounds...it wouldn't have gone 10...it would have been a knockout...

as the established pro...I think Manfredo is used to moving and winning a 10 rounder...I don't think he's smart enough to adjust to a five rounder in 1 fight...or even 3...but he had his confidence in 1 and 2...and 3 and 4 he was overwhelmed by a great conditioned athlete...who punched himself out...

Manfredo...

Rikk
05-04-2005, 08:18 PM

This is most interesting. Usually we're cheering on the same side.:p

I don't know...I'm sure you know your boxing better. And having done film editing, I know it's pretty obvious how manipulative editing techniques can be. Maybe you're right...maybe he was just holding back and letting the boy lose the last of his energy. But it really seemed to me that Manfredo was having real trouble. I could have sword that the boy was starting to beat on him again in that last round and Manfredo stumbled into him, causing the head butt and the gash...stopping the fight. I downloaded the show this week cuz I couldn't watch it Sunday night. So I still have it and will take a look at that round.

But I don't agree that Manfredo will take it. The final fight hasn't happened yet, right? So they can't be editing in a way to set up the final winner, can they?

What do you think they were referring to when they mentioned an ending that will "shock you" or something like that for next week's fight?

POJO_Risin
05-04-2005, 09:00 PM
They want us to think that Jesse will lose...

so I'm guessing they just go at it pretty good...maybe fight after the round...I don't know...

I can't imagine Tony wins that fight...

unless...

You don't think that fucker is faking it do you...

Rikk
05-04-2005, 09:04 PM
They DID SAY the most shocking fight you'll see or something like that...

Imagine that for a plot!!! Tony is faking it!! I would have to say that would be fucking brilliant. I've never had kids and I don't buy any of the others' bullshit about "Tony, you should fight the man we all agree to..." For him to fake the injury so he gets a surprised opponent...well, it would be brilliant. And he would deserve the win.

You really think that could be the big "shock"?

POJO_Risin
05-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Well...it looked like he was moving around pretty good...I don't know...it's hard to fake a pulled hammy...and a doctor did check it...

but you can have a hammy tighten up and hurt pretty bad...and just have it right the next day...a charley horse kind of thing...but he did FINISH that race that he was in...remember...he said that he finished because he wanted his kids to think daddy was invincible...

I don't know...

Damn...imagine if he got into the ring limping...and just started hopping around like nothing happened...that would be fucking hilarious...

Rikk
05-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Well, being a sad addict of Burnett's SURVIVOR, I can say that the dude never has teasers like this that don't deliver. It's gonna be something big.

I still think Jesse can't beat Tony. Tony is just much better. Again, the only reason he'll lose is if he his injury acts up in a big way suddenly in the ring. And then maybe the shock is that Jesse takes it too far...but it's fighting. That wouldn't be a "big shock". So, I think it's gotta be something Tony does...

POJO_Risin
05-04-2005, 09:15 PM
Of course...it could be nothing...but a way to get folks to watch it...

Rikk
05-04-2005, 09:20 PM

Nah. Burnett is good with that stuff. If his promos say, you won't believe how this fight ends, then you won't believe how this fight ends. It's all tied up in the higher reputation his reality shows receive over other ones. Something big will happen...

redblkwht
05-06-2005, 10:53 AM

Hek im locked in, this may
be like the AFC championship
the 2 best locking up this week
pound for pound on the show.
I think there will be a knockout.

POJO_Risin
05-06-2005, 08:51 PM
I don't know...there have been a few promos for the show that haven't lived up to the hype...this isn't the first unbelievable ending...lmfao...

POJO_Risin
05-06-2005, 08:52 PM
I also heard a rumor that another one of the contenders died today or yesterday...I'm checking up on it...

POJO_Risin
05-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Nope...not a death...but a good article on Joey Gilbert in ESPN...

LOS ANGELES – Sure, he was a three-time NCAA champion at the University of Nevada, but Joey Gilbert's boxing experience paled in comparison to his competitors on NBC's "The Contender." When push came to shove, he just wasn't considered a threat.

Joey Gilbert is ready for his close up ... almost.
Even after his Week 8 victory over the more decorated Jimmy Lange, Gilbert was still pegged as the inexperienced underdog with a law degree.

"I had no business being there," Gilbert, 28, said. "I didn't have 90 amateur fights like Miguel [Espino] and Alfonso [Gomez]. For me, it was about earning the respect and trust of the guys on the show."

That, he did.

In his losing bout against Peter "The Pride of Providence" Manfredo Jr. on Sunday night, he didn't go down easy. Exhibiting the heart of a lion, Gilbert fought through the pain of three fractured ribs, a gimpy leg and deep gashes above his eyes. In fact, he didn't go down at all. Gilbert was still standing when the referee, responding to chants from the crowd, stopped the fight early in the fifth round, after an accidental head butt left him bloody, bruised and disoriented.

Throughout the fight, Gilbert was so concerned about protecting his injured ribs, which came courtesy of his first "Contender" fight against Lange, and were further aggravated during a challenge match involving a medicine ball, that it became open season on his head. Manfredo (23-1) landed some brutal blows, resulting in facial injuries requiring more than 55 stitches.

"That blow to the head felt like a lightning bolt had gone through me and out the bottom of my foot," Gilbert recalled. "The pain was intense."

But despite his physical condition, quitting was never an option.

I don't like losing at anything – hopscotch, cards, chess, whatever," Gilbert said. "You never fight at 100 percent. You'd love to be at 110 percent walking into competition, but that never happens. There's always something sore or not right. That's just something you accept and work through. I was in a tremendous amount of pain.

"Watch the first 10 or 12 punches that Peter throws, where do they go? He's just pounding the left side of my body and I don't blame him. He was my roommate and he knew about my sore ribs and told me he was going to go for my ribs. I told him I wouldn't blame him if he did."

There were some bright spots for Gilbert who, after taking a beating in the first two rounds, produced some combinations in the third that took Manfredo out of his rhythm. And his jabs were working well for him in the fourth.

"I just went for it," Gilbert said. "I felt like I was like 28 seconds away from possibly pulling off a very, very shocking decision over Peter Manfredo. The way in which the energy and the direction the fight was going at that time – I had that overhand right I hit him with, followed with other stuff, as opposed to a head butt. Had I stayed on him, I am 100 percent certain that I would have been able to turn one more judge in my favor."

Gilbert hopes to emulate the show's co-creator, Sly Stallone.Since the loss, Gilbert remains connected to the show by representing Jesse Brinkley, also from Nevada and one of the final five "Contenders." Though he's struggling to regain his health, Gilbert hopes fans will vote him back to fight in one of the undercard bouts preceding the show's live two-hour finale May 24 at Caesar's Palace.

"Oh hell yeah," Gilbert exclaimed. "I'm an opportunist and I'll do whatever it takes to seize the day."

Beyond boxing, Gilbert provides color commentary for ESPN fights and has bigger aspirations for Hollywood. Ideally, he's hoping to parlay his "Contender" experience into doing that "Rambo" thing.

"Acting is something I've always wanted to do. I love action movies," he says. "I've just been waiting for the right time. To work with Sly Stallone and [Sugar] Ray, Mark Burnett and Jeffrey Katzenberg upped my game tremendously. Sly's brilliant. If you start talking literature or authors with him you'll be blown away. Sugar Ray Leonard is the classiest individual on the face of the earth. He taught me how to conduct myself as a champion in and out of the ring.

"Talking to all of them made me take a look at where I want to be and where I want to go in the long-term. I think I can do it. I've had the right mentors, the right leaders and now all I've got to do is listen to what they told me and I can get there."

POJO_Risin
05-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Interesting article...

represents Jesse...must be his manager...or promoter at this point...makes sense...having a law degree...

and the gig at ESPN...

and a potential deal in some Stallone movies...

smart kid...

2 hour finale...

with undercard matches we'll be able to vote for...

should be interesting...

ALinChainz
05-06-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm fired up to see it too.

Never thought I would be when this show started.

redblkwht
05-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Nice read pojo thanks.
i hope we can vote for the undercard..sounds good!

POJO_Risin
05-07-2005, 02:48 AM
I'm thinking 2 undercard fights...and if the fans can pick...they'll be going for rematches...

I'd have to imagine that we'll get Ishe vs. Jesse...at one point...Jesse wanted to tear this guy up...

and...it will depend on the other winners...but I'd love to see a couple of other fights as well...

POJO_Risin
05-07-2005, 02:49 AM
My contension here is that this show may be able to put heavyweights back on the map next...if Sly can go out and find a stable full of mostly young, undefeated heavys that have some personality...we may get a couple of guys that can enter the fray in the heavyweight division...

lmfao...maybe Brian Minto...;)

Rikk
05-08-2005, 06:37 PM
So what's our official prediction tonight? Anthony wins with a knockout?

POJO_Risin
05-08-2005, 06:40 PM
I don't really know to be honest...

I can't fathom Jesse losing to the gimp...but we shall see...

I'm not convinced Tony's a gimp...

POJO_Risin
05-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Tony looks good...

Jesse is fucking with him...he's making a mistake?

Tony can throw some punches...but I don't think they are hurting Jesse at all...

hard to say...

but both these guys look like fighters...

Jesse is throwing bombs but missing...

2 rounds to Tony...not even close at this point...

POJO_Risin
05-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Round 3...Jesse is looking like a big time fighter now...big punches...

Tony's hurt...and Jesse is just playing with him...like he said in the show...

Hmmm...Tony almost hit him in the back of the head...

this is a wierd atmosphere...is anyone else getting this?...wierd...I still have it 2-1 Tony...and Tony is going off in round 4...holy hell...

Wow...Tony is on fire...I don't think Jesse has even thrown a punch...holy shit...Tony is going off...damn...

Well...Jesse needs a knock out...

but Tony has to be punched out...has to be punched out...

I think Jesse is going to knock him out...

POJO_Risin
05-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Here we go...what's going to be the shocker????

Tony still going off...damn...

he doesn't even look like a puncher...he looks like a chick punching...just throwing punch after punch...

Jesse nailed him....Tony is down...

damn...two HUGE fucking uppercuts...

HUGE PUNCHES...HOLY FUCK...

good to have your kids see this...

WOW...Brinkley fucked around to much...and it almost cost him...

it was Tony's fight until a minute left in that round...

and now his kids are scarred for life...nice job...

POJO_Risin
05-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Alright...

Jesse, the Snake...Alfonso and Manfredo...

and still the Dad...a good dad to...

Good to see..

Rikk
05-08-2005, 09:53 PM
I know you'll disagree with me. But I'm going to give the whole thing to Gomez. You know more about the technical aspects of boxing than me, but I think he's got the most heart, can take the most pain and both attacks and keeps himself protected. The kid's great.

RIKK's prediction: Alfonso Gomez vs. the Snake. (Yes, I could be totally wrong, and they could meet each other in the semi-finals...but I bet Jesse and Peter won't fight each other unless they both reach the finals...

ALinChainz
05-08-2005, 10:13 PM
A lot of weight to lose in a day. I didn't think he would be able to stand up to it.

THe upper cut ... I couldn't believe it.

redblkwht
05-09-2005, 02:21 AM
Rematch next week..
manfredo vs gomez

jesse vs snake..the following.

wow what a win, justice is served.. tony with the trickbag
got his due tonight..
nice finsh too, i didnt think
jesse had it in him at 1/2 strength all that weight being
an ex wrestler it takes a shitload of energy out of you trust me, to run off even a 1/2
lb..
i picked him to be toast after that..now thats heart guys, he
won after all that & the mind game of the half a lb..
tony was an ass.
too many games, he paid the window on the way out ;)

my 1st prediction Manfredo
with the rematch.
Gomez is done, i do think
Angelo Dundee's help will
carry
peters stance in this fight..
kids a class act.
just a tweak is gonna change this fight, you will see.

redblkwht
05-15-2005, 09:06 PM
What a fight..

Manfredo wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rumor may be true for the final

redblkwht
05-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Dunno if anyone wants to know
the rumor i read last week &
Manfredo was part of it.

1 of the guys i like is in & now to upset the rumor for the
2nd guy..;)

Dave's Bitch
05-17-2005, 04:20 PM
i want alfonso gomez to win,i did want ishe smith,he was the coolest guy there,he kicked the crap outa ahmed khadur.but sergio got ishe all pisssed off and turned his strength to a weakness,so unfortunatly sugar she has been sent home a loser....alfonso is the best there

Rikk
05-17-2005, 04:27 PM
I was really going for Alfonso. I can't fucking believe how he fucked up those last two rounds. Both of my favorite fighters are out now...

Great show, but I still think it sucks that someone that already lost his fight in the first episode is in the final two. But hey...

Dave's Bitch
05-17-2005, 04:30 PM
i totally fucking hated ahmed khadur,he was so arrogant,he was saying how alfonso is all fat and doesnt hit hard,what bull.....alfonso KO'd his sparring partner,i didnt see khadur do that did u?

khadur is shit anyway,he has no defence at all.ishe beat his ass so badly because of the lack of defence.he had a good last round against alfonso though,he was throwing some killer flurry's and nearly knocked alfonso down at one point,but alfonso just took it to another levle and ownd his ass

ALinChainz
05-17-2005, 04:30 PM
I thought Gomez would do it because I underestimated him each time before, and he came through big time.

Manfredo has to be the favorite now.

Dave's Bitch
05-17-2005, 04:35 PM
yea manfredo kicks ass,did you see what he did to joey gilbert,was a shame that fight was stopped though,i think had they carried onthe last round,joey coulda won on points.i thought peter lookd tired in the lst 2 rounds and joey just took advantage and went for it

POJO_Risin
05-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Manfredo won because he's a better fighter...had the fight with Joey been a REAL fight of more than 5 rounds...it would have been Manfredo...

He's a big game fighter...used to big game fights...that roll 10 rounds...

Not only is he the favorite...but he's going to win in style...

I think it's pretty fucking awesome that he's back in after losing...redeemed his loss...and now will win the whole deal...

He's a legit contender...and will come out of this show into the middleweight frey...hopefully...get a couple of tune-ups...and end up fighting a big fight...

after watching a tape of Winky Wright though...jesus...talk about an extended execution...

I've never seen a head snapped back so many times in my life...Wright used that fucking jab all fight...incredible...

POJO_Risin
05-19-2005, 11:09 PM
The contender was cancelled...no more after the live 2 hour finale...

Gone from the schedule are American Dreams, Revelations, Committed, Third Watch, The Contender, Medical Investigation and Law & Order: Trial By Jury — the first Law & Order ever canceled.

Rikk
05-19-2005, 11:11 PM
That sucks. I really enjoyed THE CONTENDER. It wasn't as good as THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER on SPIKE, but it's still good television.

Ah well, at least SURVIVOR and ULTIMATE FIGHTER will still be on.

POJO_Risin
05-19-2005, 11:14 PM
It was on the wrong fucking night...

Sunday night for a fucking Boxing night...

fuckers should have just renewed it...and put it on Saturdays...where ratings suck anyways...but most people watch fights...

Rikk
05-19-2005, 11:16 PM
It was on the wrong fucking night...

Sunday night for a fucking Boxing night...

fuckers should have just renewed it...and put it on Saturdays...where ratings suck anyways...but most people watch fights...

They also fucked it around by moving it so much the first week.

Did you ever catch THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER's first season?

POJO_Risin
05-19-2005, 11:41 PM
I've not seen it...believe it or not...

Rikk
05-19-2005, 11:47 PM
I've not seen it...believe it or not...

It'll be on again in August. This show is amazing. The situations are very realistic...it seems less contrived. And the fights are amazing and shown with no music and no trick editing...just great fights in their entirety with the clock going...

I fucking loved this show. The first season was middleweights and light heavyweights. The second season will be heavyweights. I bet Ken Shamrock will be one of the coaches.

I'll definitely start a thread in here when they start showing it.

POJO_Risin
05-19-2005, 11:50 PM
I'll check it out...

redblkwht
05-20-2005, 01:50 AM
wonder if another channel will
pick it up..we can only hope..
nbc claims not enough women tuned in, but the bachellor is ok?
gimme a fucking break nbc
how doies fuck you sound?
IDIOTS.

im hoping the final lives up to the bill & sells another channel to pick it up, it was worthy..IMO

Rikk
05-20-2005, 01:56 AM
I love SURVIVOR, but THE APPRENTICE just ain't as good. It sucks that they're keeping THE APPRENTICE but getting rid of THE CONTENDER. Maybe CBS could pick up THE CONTENDER...

redblkwht
05-23-2005, 02:43 AM
Hek the show was good everynight..i dont get it.

OK the rumor came true
sanke vs manfredo..

snake wins, by a landslide.
not from what i read, but his
speed & talent will win it all.
the final isnt out there yet..

good brawl jesse didnt have it.

Northern Girl
05-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Is anyone watching the final? It's almost over. Last round.

Northern Girl
05-24-2005, 09:50 PM
And the winner of 1 million bucks is....

don't look if you don't want to know....

Sergio Mora

LookN4AMootBeat
05-24-2005, 10:12 PM
I'm surprised so see that someone who's been boxing since he was 5 runs out of steam in a 7 round fight. Manfredo faught like a sea-turtle. Fuck, it's a boxing match, throw some punches!
Rhode Islanders everywhere are disappointed tonight.

redblkwht
05-25-2005, 09:13 AM
From what they said before the fight, they both were overweight going in..i think like jesse they
both had to run that weight in
day before, took all of Manfredos energy.

It takes more then a day to
get all your fluids back..

All in all, Sergio was the
smarter fighter/faster &
got way more combinations
in, he won big time.

great show, it sold out
ceasars palace in 5 minutes..
with that fact, it should get
picked up by another network.

I also think most these guys with the show experience, it will fit a good
sell on HBO etc...

POJO_Risin
06-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Fighters rankings after the show...

Jesse Brinkley...Middleweight...ranked 24th in the world...

POJO_Risin
06-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Anthony Bonsante...94...

interesting note about Bonsante...he fought Manfredo before the show started...both their last preshow fights...for the NABO Light Middleweight Championship...and got his ass handed to him by Manfredo in a 12 round fight...

I'm really surprised that Manfredo lost steam...

POJO_Risin
06-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Ishe Smith...15th in the world...Middleweight...

Ishe may currently hold the USBA Welterweight belt...unless he had to give it up for the show...

POJO_Risin
06-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Sergio Mora...8th in the world...

Ahmed Kaddour...88th in the world...

POJO_Risin
06-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Gomez...22nd in the world...with a loss to Ishe Smith in his second pro fight...

POJO_Risin
06-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Joey Gilbert...he's 9-1...ranked 103rd...

Jimmy Lange...ranked 137th...

Tarick Salmaci...247 in the world...he's freakin' 33 years old...

Juan De La Rosa...319 in the world...only 4-0...

Brent Cooper...434 in the world...

Jeff Fraza...188 in the world...

Dave's Bitch
06-12-2005, 08:49 AM
i wanted manfredo to beat sergio

POJO_Risin
06-12-2005, 01:00 PM
So did most everyone...I wonder if they announced the rematches yet?

POJO_Risin
06-12-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm hoping for an Ishe vs. Sergio matchup...

Dave's Bitch
06-12-2005, 01:23 PM
sergio will beat ishe's ass again if they fight,sergio is too clever a fighter for ishe,he will just taunt ishe again like he did and then move in for the kill

POJO_Risin
06-12-2005, 01:30 PM
If they fight in a REAL fight...for 12 rounds...

Ishe will murder Sergio...

Axl S
06-13-2005, 06:43 PM
i just watched the peter manfredo sergio mora fight.it was the best bit of boxing ive seen from sergio.i was backing manfredo throughout but sergio was just on fire.i thought the alfonso gomez jesse brinkley fight was good too and gomez out classed jesse.i wish they woulda showed some of the other fights though,like Ishe Vs Anthony,im glad my man sugar she won.he was my pick throughout to win

all in all the contender was one of the greatest programs ive ever seen(im a huge boxing fan)

they had better have another series lined up

Dave's Bitch
06-14-2005, 11:53 AM
the latin snake out classed manfredo

POJO_Risin
08-19-2005, 09:04 PM
Mora and Manfredo will open up the show with a rematch of the one sided affair from last May...

believe it...nearly a year off with no fights for either...talk about letting the fucking steam die from a potential run to a title...

POJO_Risin
08-19-2005, 09:05 PM
'The Contender' to begin second season on ESPNESPN

"The Contender," the reality television series about professional boxers, will begin its second season in April 2006 on ESPN.

The network, Mark Burnett Productions, and DreamWorks Television made the announcement Thursday.

"The Contender" is an unscripted drama about the lives of 16 professional boxers as they compete for the chance to change their lives. The show will air as part of ESPN Original Entertainment (EOE) programming and be executive produced by "Survivor" creator Mark Burnett, Jeffrey Katzenberg and Sylvester Stallone. Casting and production on the series, which will air in primetime beginning April 2006, will begin immediately.

" 'The Contender' has all of the elements that make it the right fit for ESPN: compelling storylines, dynamic characters and suspense over the outcome," Mark Shapiro, ESPN executive vice president, programming and production, said. "This series speaks to our viewers' love for competition and their appreciation for triumph over adversity, and it goes without saying that the track record of Mark Burnett is exemplary -- a perfect match for the critical and ratings successes EOE has delivered in both scripted and unscripted drama."

Said Burnett: "Our vision from the onset was to improve the entertainment experience of televised boxing for the fans. What better platform to achieve that vision than on the network that pioneered sports television programming."

After being introduced to the contestants in the first episode, subsequent shows will see one or more boxers eliminated through ring competition. Viewers will see contestants training in the ring, living together in one house and witness their personal interactions, while learning the details of these men's lives and what led them to pursue their dreams.

ESPN has options to renew the series for two subsequent seasons.

redblkwht
08-29-2005, 02:01 AM
yes sir its official..

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2131600

POJO_Risin
10-16-2005, 02:04 AM
Results from tonights rematches...

spoilers coming if you haven't seen it yet...

POJO_Risin
10-16-2005, 02:05 AM
In the first bout, "Contender: Season One" participant Juan De la Rosa pounded out a unanimous decision over Jesse Orta in a middleweight bout.

POJO_Risin
10-16-2005, 02:05 AM
In a battle of former "Contender: Season One" combatants, middleweight Miguel Espino recovered from a first round knockdown to outwork Jonathan Reid over the ensuing rounds, finally stopping Reid with 12 seconds left in the fifth and final round.

POJO_Risin
10-16-2005, 02:06 AM
That one suprised me...

POJO_Risin
10-16-2005, 02:06 AM
"Contender: Season One" semi-finalist Alfonso Gomez dropped Luciano Perez in round three and stopped him at 2:20 of round four. It seemed like referee Pat Russell halted this one a tad prematurely.

POJO_Risin
10-16-2005, 02:07 AM
In a "Contender: Season One" rematch, super middleweight Jesse Brinkley took a controversial five round decision over Anthony Bonsante. Bonsante, who was stopped by Brinkley in their previous "Contender" fight, outworked Brinkley for most this encounter and the scores of 49-46, 48-47, 48-47 for Brinkley brought boos from the large crowd of approximately 15,000. Fightnews scored it 49-46 for Bonsante, who later came out of the dressing room and did a "victory lap" amongst the fans.

POJO_Risin
10-16-2005, 02:07 AM
"Contender: Season One" champion Sergio Mora and "Contender: Season One" finalist Peter Manfredo Jr picked up where they left off in their championship contest backin May, fighting to an exciting eight-round split decision Saturday night at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Mora was cut over the left eye in round one and outworked significantly in the punch stats, but did enough to win 77-75 on two cards. Manfredo was ahead 77-75 on the third card. Fightnews scored it 76-76.

Dave's Bitch
10-20-2005, 08:02 PM
GRRRRRRRR

i just watched the re matches,they showed um for the first time here tonight.WHAT THE HELL MATCH WERE THE JUDGES WATCHING!!!!!!.Manfredo owned sergio's ass all that fight,sergio had 1 round and thats it.I think its fucking disgusting the judges should be fired from that.they pulled the same shit in the anthony jesse fight,anthony handed jesse's ass to him the whole fight but the winner by unanimous decision,jesse.WHAT THE HELL grrrr its made me mad.The alfonso gomez fight was good although i felt it was stopped too soon.but i am completely disgusted by the main event.sergio is a paper champion,manfredo won the damn fight hands down.

grr it makes me mad

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

POJO_Risin
02-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Barrage by Manfredo ends bout in third roundBy Thomas Gerbasi
MaxBoxing.com

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The snow may have postponed Sunday's "East Coast Pride" show at the Dunkin' Donuts Center, but the storm didn't let up when the card finally got underway Monday night, as hometown super-middleweight hero Peter Manfredo Jr. was nearly flawless in stopping fellow New Englander Scott Pemberton in three one-sided rounds.

It was a stirring display of punching variety and power from "The Contender" star, who had logged only 10 knockouts in his previous 24 wins. As for Pemberton, 39, who has been known throughout his 11-year career for his resiliency and his memorable wars with Omar Sheika, it was obvious from the start of the bout that he had seen better days.

"Maybe I got old tonight," 39-year-old Scott Pemberton (left) said after failing to last three rounds against Peter Manfredo Jr.
"What can I say?" Pemberton said. "Maybe I got old tonight. I didn't feel comfortable getting into the ring tonight. I felt very stiff and awkward, and I never got into any mode."

"The Pride of Providence" must have sensed it, too, and he fought accordingly.

"I wanted to take him out early," Manfredo said. "I felt extremely strong tonight."

From the opening bell, Manfredo showed little respect for Pemberton's punching power, standing right in front of the veteran as he picked him apart with quick 1-2s and a radar-like right hand that rarely missed the mark.

The second round held more of the same, with Manfredo standing in the pocket, beating Pemberton to the punch and deftly eluding most of the return fire.

Early in the third, Manfredo struck, hurting Pemberton with a left hook, and then after a bit of shoe-shining, dropping his foe with a beautiful right uppercut to the jaw. Manfredo immediately jumped on his former sparring partner, digging to the body and sending Pemberton down a second time with a right hand to the head. One final barrage was all it took then, with referee Richard Flaherty wisely calling the bout off at 2:06 of the third round.

With the win, Manfredo improves to 25-3 with 11 KOs; Pemberton, who was coming off a knockout loss to 168-pound king Jeff Lacy, falls to 29-5-1 with 24 KOs.

"The Contender's" Miguel Espino improved to 11-2-1 (4 KOs) in the co-feature with a six round unanimous decision over Dorian Beaupierre of Orlando, Fla., who after an 11-1 start is 1-4-2 in his past seven bouts.

In the opener, Mohammad Said finished strong en route to a four-round majority decision over "Contender" alum Jonathan Reid. The scores were 39-37 twice and 38-38 for Said, who improves to 18-4 with 10 KOs. Reid, who has lost three in a row, falls to 33-4 with 19 KOs.

2004 U.S. Olympian Jason Estrada took a big step up in competition against Cuba's Yanqui Diaz, but a first-round clash of heads rendered Diaz unable to continue due to a cut, and the bout was halted and ruled a no-decision.

redblkwht
02-14-2006, 01:37 AM
Thx for the update POJO, IT WASNT AVAIL HERE IN the valley..
kinda pissed, but hope to see the new contender series coming soon.
hope its as good as the 1st season, i dont see espn dropping the
ball either.

POJO_Risin
02-17-2006, 11:03 PM
I don't know much about it...haven't paid much attention...but really hope it's good young heavyweights...

I really think if they could get someone through it undefeated and impressive...it could make a major impact in the heavyweight division...as long as that fucking electric shock mook doesn't control it...

redblkwht
07-19-2006, 11:15 AM
i missed last night, anyone see it?
was it good?

im looking to see if theres a replay, damn my sale is on at
wk & the local listings here
said it was 10 pm, they were wrong..fuckers lol

POJO_Risin
07-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I didn't watch it, and can't imagine it won't get replayed.

DlocRoth
07-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Why don't they do a heavyweight class?

Walters......fucking 150.......

redblkwht
07-28-2006, 11:30 PM
I liked gary, incredible power
but no defense, kinda like
a hybrid jake lamotta..he took a beating too but won.

guys this is good!!!!!

redblkwht
08-04-2006, 03:11 AM
Anywhoo..this new series i think is way better than last year...

you fellas, wake up!

why arent you watching?
your all definatly missing out
your loss ;)

redblkwht
08-09-2006, 03:21 AM
Yet tonight another bomb fest..
I think the head butt was on purpose.
The beginning of tonight set up another great match in the next bracket, sweet!!!

redblkwht
04-18-2007, 02:11 AM
anyone see last nights knockout? WOW
I havent seen a KO like that in years!!
watch the replay i dont wanna
ruin the outcome for you watchers. ;)

redblkwht
04-23-2007, 03:34 AM
anyone see this fight? lol
you guys are leading some boring fucking evenings, jeez:rolleyes:

BUMP!!

binnie
04-23-2007, 04:34 AM
The new series hasn't started to air over here yet: what weight category are they doing?

redblkwht
04-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Middleweight, the English team
won the 1st we got the 2nd
on a last 30 sec KO in the 8th..

Im definatly tuned in..

Gomez is fighting tuesday for all you haters ;)

I think both teams are impressive.

binnie
04-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Ahhh, I missed this when it aired he in the UK.

Gomez always puts on a good fight, even if he's not blessed with a whole lot of skills.

redblkwht
05-03-2007, 01:58 AM
i didnt like either fighter tonight,
but Jesse brinkley will be on
next week, im in.
sign me up for that one..front row baby, i see this other guy looks bad-assed too.

SUHHH-WEET!

kick his ass seabass!!:D

POJO_Risin
05-06-2007, 12:40 AM
I made the mistake of looking this up on the internet...so I already know who wins the damn fights...

redblkwht
05-06-2007, 02:05 AM
I made the mistake of looking this up on the internet...so I already know who wins the damn fights... HEK WHAT SITE, ILL STILL WATCH THE FIGHTS..LOL oops caps!

cant wait to see tues & k9 fight the week after ;)

POJO_Risin
05-06-2007, 02:26 AM
Hang on...

POJO_Risin
05-06-2007, 02:29 AM
http://ukboxing.wordpress.com/2007/04/01/contender-uk-vs-usa-in-depth-fight-reports/

redblkwht
05-06-2007, 02:36 AM
nice one, thanks!