X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Race For the White House 2008

If the 2008 Democratic presidential primary were held today, whom would you support if the candidates are [see below]?" N=427 Democrats and Democratic leaners who are registered to vote; MoE ± 5

Hillary R. Clinton 39%

John Kerry 21%

John Edwards 15%

Joe Biden 5%

Wesley Clark 4%

Russ Feingold 2%

Bill Richardson 2%

Evan Bayh 1%

Mark Warner 1%

Tom Vilsack (Who?)

Unsure 10%

If the 2008 Republican presidential primary were held today, whom would you support if the candidates are [see below]?" N=347 Republicans and Republicans leaners who are registered to vote, MoE ± 5.5

Rudy Giuliani 25%

John McCain 21%

Condoleezza Rice 14%

Jeb Bush 7%

Newt Gingrich 5%

Bill Frist 3%

Bill Owens 2%

Mitt Romney 1%

Rick Santorum 1%

George Pataki 1% (Muhu-hawhawhawhaw...)

Chuck Hagel (Why bother?)

George Allen (Why bother?)

Unsure 20%

Flame away partisans!
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Rice

Comment

• Cathedral
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Where's the Green Party? lol.
      I'm going on strike in '08 and going Green...anyone but Nader though.
      That dude killed the Corvair and my Dad had problems selling his off when i was a yout, hee hee.

I vaguely remember him adding side rails and turning it into a makeshift pick-up truck, lol.
      Then it burned to the ground one night, what a fire that was.

Covering the vents in the deck lid with wood was not a smart move, lol.

There's a redneck joke in there somewhere.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

That poll is complete bullshit. Way too many DLC traitors on it for one thing. Feingold is probably the truest Democrat of the bunch, but he's also a Senator and the odds are too high against it to risk this one. This country will be in such a fucked up shape after 8 years of these warmongering fascists that it will be a huge job for anyone to fix.

Clark & Edwards are the only ones on that list I would even consider voting for, and they both have the same negative - lack of executive branch experience.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Re: Race For the White House 2008

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Chuck Hagel (Why bother?)

Because he owns ESS voting machines, and could at least win in the states where he can program his own tabulators
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

You would consider voting for Edwards ???

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              You would consider voting for Rice?:confused:

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                I was actually supporting Edwards for a while in the early stages of the last campaign, before Dean jumped in.

He's a little conservative on some things for my tastes, but at least it seems like he's more geniune than Judas or Hillary.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Cathedral
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  That poll is complete bullshit. Way too many DLC traitors on it for one thing. Feingold is probably the truest Democrat of the bunch, but he's also a Senator and the odds are too high against it to risk this one. This country will be in such a fucked up shape after 8 years of these warmongering fascists that it will be a huge job for anyone to fix.

Clark & Edwards are the only ones on that list I would even consider voting for, and they both have the same negative - lack of executive branch experience.
                  That is just it though, Ford.
                  people don't get elected if there isn't something to fix which is why both party's never really seem to fix anything.
                  It's a vicious cycle and mentality that things are left broken in order to have a platform to garner votes.

Am i right or what?
                  It is how the Christian vote was stolen by Bush in 2000 and 2004.
                  He knew in '98 that he was going to stand for christian issues with no real intentions of addressing them with action.

He played the "Tennessee Fiddle", and played it well.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                    That is just it though, Ford.
                    people don't get elected if there isn't something to fix which is why both party's never really seem to fix anything.
                    It's a vicious cycle and mentality that things are left broken in order to have a platform to garner votes.

Am i right or what?
                    It is how the Christian vote was stolen by Bush in 2000 and 2004.
                    He knew in '98 that he was going to stand for christian issues with no real intentions of addressing them with action.

He played the "Tennessee Fiddle", and played it well.
                    No offense, but after Reagan & Poppy pretending the same thing, I would think you guys would have figured out that game by now. Jimmy Carter was the only Christian president any of us are likely to see in our lifetimes, and look what the right wing Pharisees did to him.

Any President who actually tried to govern based on Christ's teachings in the future would be similarly attacked by those who have spent the last 50 years constantly profiting from war.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Cathedral
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

I was a young dumb kid when Reagan and Bush Sr. were running the show, I didn't know any better so learning that lesson just didn't happen.
                      I was a drunkin pot head and all i knew about politics was when election day was and where to vote.

I thought i was much smarter than that at this stage of my life, but i was mistaken.

I'm soooooo pissed at myself that i see Green now, lol.
                      My votes in the future may seem like a waste, but it will be better than not voting at all.

C'MON FOLKS, LET'S MAKE '08 A GREEN YEAR!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

" The only ones speculating on candidates for 2008 are Rove and the mediawhores who do his bidding. And they're all pushing for their favorite pawn Hillary."
                        http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

FORD, Jimmy Carter did himself in. There was no Republican attacks that weren't deserved on him.

Just like Reagan said in the debate: "There you go again."

Comment

• Cathedral
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

For the record, Carter was a lousy President.
                            His heart may have been in the right place, but he just wasn't effective enough as Commander and Chief.

Comment

• steve
                              Sniper
                              • Feb 2004

It will end up being Mark Warner vs. Bill Frist.

Dems are desperate to break into the south - and southern, fiscally conservative moderate Gov. Warner is their ticket. He will rise to the top eventually, because Democrats will decide "the others can't win". I'm not saying I adhere to that reasoning, but that's what will happen.

Republicans are KIDDING themselves if they thing a moderate like Giulianni or McCain can win. The religious conservative won the last election and they DOMINATE the early processes. Frist is a LOCK unless it comes out that he is gay or something.

My prediction...right now... Frist will win.

Ironically, Repubs will turn on Gov. WArner for his "big business" connections (he helped start up Nextel) and slam him as a carpet-bagger (originally form Connecticut) and not really southern (from Northern VA - which is pretty much EXACTLY THE SAME as Connecticutt/ and or the suburbs of Philly or Boston.

Comment

Working...