• Jan 2004

Vote For Dave!

WGR 55 Sports Radio in Buffalo has an online Fan Poll to determine:

Who is cooler?
    David Lee Roth
    [tally] 53%
    Sammy Hagar
    [tally] 47%

(So far and obviously we don't need any poll to determine that Dave is cooler)

Mike Schopp & The Bulldog host the 3:00-6:00 show and I cannot believe Mike Schopp is that clueless enough to say that he hates Dave! I repect The Bulldog for calling Sammy "the blonde girl that ruined Van Halen"

Nevertheless, VOTE now!
  • cwsmith17
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

I'm suprised people actually voted for Sam!?

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
      Foot Soldier
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cwsmith17
      I'm suprised people actually voted for Sam!?

Must be the clueless people from the links.

Here are the latest results:

Who is cooler?
      David Lee Roth
      [tally] 56%
      Sammy Hagar
      [tally] 44%
      votes: 108

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I had no idea they were doing this. I occasionally listen, these poor Buffalo sportstalk guys are fucked without hockey!

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
          I had no idea they were doing this. I occasionally listen, these poor Buffalo sportstalk guys are fucked without hockey!
          I lost all respect for Mike Schopp who is usually a stand up guy. He continually bashed Roth and called him a loser. Some guys should just stick to talking Sports. On the other hand, Bulldog praised Roth and said between Roth and Hagar there is no comparison. He said Hagar ruined Van Halen and called Schopp and idiot. Classic! It really makes no sense between the two guys with Schopp being the eldest so you would expect a more logical answer from him.

As of 6:20pm eastern:

Who is cooler?
          David Lee Roth
          [tally] 54%
          Sammy Hagar
          [tally] 46%
          votes: 159

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by VH LINKS SUCKS
            I lost all respect for Mike Schopp who is usually a stand up guy. He continually bashed Roth and called him a loser. Some guys should just stick to talking Sports. On the other hand, Bulldog praised Roth and said between Roth and Hagar there is no comparison. He said Hagar ruined Van Halen and called Schopp and idiot. Classic! It really makes no sense between the two guys with Schopp being the eldest so you would expect a more logical answer from him.

As of 6:20pm eastern:

Who is cooler?
            David Lee Roth
            [tally] 54%
            Sammy Hagar
            [tally] 46%
            votes: 159
            You know that's strange! Schopp used to be the "rational guy" and the voice of reason. But ever since he's been at GR55, he's become sort of a total butt-plug.

Buffalo radio really, really sucks! You wanna' know what a joke it is? You see, there used to be two sports-talk radio stations in town. Schopp actually started out on the other one, (FM) 107.7 WNSA, which carried the Sabres and was in running for the Bills broadcasts. WNSA was far ahead of GR55 in ratings, but Schopp saw the writing on the wall (WNSA was owned by Adelphia cable, a bunch of corrupt, Enron like puss-bags that went Chapter 11 and are now about to be bought out) and he fled to WGR550.

They forced him to pair up with "The Coach," a former Bills (tight ends coach?) employee that was fired after the Redskins Superbowl, because he said how they were going to kick the 'Skins ass. The acerbic Coach made it his mission in life to get even by bad mouthing everything Bills, Sabres, NFL, NHL, NBA, NCAA, MLB etc.-- related and as a consequence attracted a following of undereducated dolts that liked to bitch and moan about everything.

Schopp had owned the afternoon time slot at WNSA, and was now up against his replacement on 107.7, its former morning drive guy; Howard Simon. But I think Schopp's pairing with the coach and the legion of asshole callers pushed Mike Schopp over the edge, and he has lost it!

Simon (now GR55's morning guy) took over his slot and promptly quashed WGR in the ratings, and Schopp along with it! But Adelphia has just canceled a very good regional sports channel, WNSA-Empire sports, and sold the radio operation to WGR, which is owned by Mercury Broadcasting I think. GR55 sucks, as evidenced by their "Whiner line," a series of caller's recordings, where people just bitch and moan about everything. Horrible.

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2004

You know that's strange! Schopp used to be the "rational guy" and the voice of reason. But ever since he's been at GR55, he's become sort of a total butt-plug.

Buffalo radio really, really sucks! You wanna' know what a joke it is? You see, there used to be two sports-talk radio stations in town. Schopp actually started out on the other one, (FM) 107.7 WNSA, which carried the Sabres and was in running for the Bills broadcasts. WNSA was far ahead of GR55 in ratings, but Schopp saw the writing on the wall (WNSA was owned by Adelphia cable, a bunch of corrupt, Enron like puss-bags that went Chapter 11 and are now about to be bought out) and he fled to WGR550.

They forced him to pair up with "The Coach," a former Bills (tight ends coach?) employee that was fired after the Redskins Superbowl, because he said how they were going to kick the 'Skins ass. The acerbic Coach made it his mission in life to get even by bad mouthing everything Bills, Sabres, NFL, NHL, NBA, NCAA, MLB etc.-- related and as a consequence attracted a following of undereducated dolts that liked to bitch and moan about everything.

Schopp had owned the afternoon time slot at WNSA, and was now up against his replacement on 107.7, its former morning drive guy; Howard Simon. But I think Schopp's pairing with the coach and the legion of asshole callers pushed Mike Schopp over the edge, and he has lost it!

Simon (now GR55's morning guy) took over his slot and promptly quashed WGR in the ratings, and Schopp along with it! But Adelphia has just canceled a very good regional sports channel, WNSA-Empire sports, and sold the radio operation to WGR, which is owned by Mercury Broadcasting I think. GR55 sucks, as evidenced by their "Whiner line," a series of caller's recordings, where people just bitch and moan about everything. Horrible.

Schopp is also freelancing with ESPN and I can't believe they would actually hire a plug like him.

I actually didn't mind the coach having met him a few times in person and although his on air persona was somewhat that of a bully, he was generally a nice guy outside the radio station. What made the coach better in a sense than Schopp and Bulldog is being unpredictable which the two boneheads on the air are not!

I remember that radio station on the fm dial and it was ok at times but nothing beats Rick Jenerett broadcasing the Sabre games and too bad Empire went down because Buffalo is lacking now with a local Sports network now.

Another GR Sports dj who has become entertaining and at least offers a different perspective with his sports knowledge is Brad Riter.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by VH LINKS SUCKS
                Schopp is also freelancing with ESPN and I can't believe they would actually hire a plug like him.

I actually didn't mind the coach having met him a few times in person and although his on air persona was somewhat that of a bully, he was generally a nice guy outside the radio station. What made the coach better in a sense than Schopp and Bulldog is being unpredictable which the two boneheads on the air are not!

I remember that radio station on the fm dial and it was ok at times but nothing beats Rick Jenerett broadcasing the Sabre games and too bad Empire went down because Buffalo is lacking now with a local Sports network now.

Another GR Sports dj who has become entertaining and at least offers a different perspective with his sports knowledge is Brad Riter.
                When and if the NHL starts again, the Sabres will be carried by MSG Network.

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

When and if the NHL starts again, the Sabres will be carried by MSG Network.
                  I remember reading that. Scab players? Nah.

Comment

• smaz
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2004

Is Schopp and the Bulldog's Tournament of Cool, cool? (for info, read the column "Tournament of Cool")

I don't see no Dave...
                    Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by smaz
                      Is Schopp and the Bulldog's Tournament of Cool, cool? (for info, read the column "Tournament of Cool")

I don't see no Dave...
                      That was the poll the other day.

Comment

Working...