X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guwapo_rocker

The Aerosmith rumor is back!

Summer promises many concert highlights
    By Steve Morse, Globe Staff | March 11, 2005

The scramble to book summer concerts is on.

Major acts such as Paul McCartney and the Rolling Stones aren't expected until the fall, but the coming months will be flush with tours by Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Destiny's Child, String Cheese Incident, and classic-rock packages of Boston and Styx, Robert Plant and Jeff Beck, and perhaps Aerosmith and Van Halen, according to various promoters and agents.

Many tours will land at the Tweeter Center, where Oasis and Jet are confirmed for a 20th anniversary show on June 24 (already on sale). Fans can also look to the Tweeter for Green Day, the Dave Matthews Band, and Ozzfest, along with a possible date by Josh Groban and maybe a Kenny Chesney/Gretchen Wilson double bill or an Alan Jackson/Sara Evans pairing.

Yet another classic-rock tour -- featuring Bryan Adams and Def Leppard -- will play Brockton's minor-league ballpark, Campanelli Stadium, where Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson headlined last year.

The punk-oriented Vans Warped Tour will move from the Gillette Stadium parking lot to the Northampton Fairgrounds (look for an Aug. 15 date to be posted Monday on the Vans Warped website). The change is because promoter John Peters of MassConcerts was frustrated last year with his treatment by the Foxborough board of selectmen, which he says held up the show until the last minute. Gillette officials also wanted to bring it inside the stadium rather than have it in the parking lot, but Vans Warped organizers said no.

''We're going back to a place where people want it," Peters says.

Also, the WBCN River Rave, which is normally held at the Tweeter Center in June, may be pushed back or may not happen at all this summer.

''If I can't offer something that is worth the money to plunk down, then I'm not going to do it at all," says WBCN program director Dave Wellington. ''Each year it gets tougher. . . . Many groups don't like doing radio station shows because there are a lot of poorly run shows around the country and they've gotten a bad rap."

The big buzz is about a stadium show featuring Eminem, 50 Cent, and Linkin Park, but no one is yet confirming if it will come to Gillette Stadium.

Other acts expected to book Boston-area dates are Coldplay, Velvet Revolver (who plays the Mullins Center in Amherst May 3), Tool, Staind, Brian Wilson (whose website posts an Aug. 9 date at Bank of America Pavilion, formerly FleetBoston Pavilion), and another ''American Idol" tour (likely at the DCU Center in Worcester). Also of interest is a possible Audioslave/System of a Down pairing, though that's not likely until the fall.

Link.
  • Carmine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Holy Shit GR!!

With all the things Sammy has said recently, this can't be Van Hagar?

Dave and Steven Tyler at the Boston Pops? I still believe those 2 hatched something there...Tyler stepped out in favor of Dave. Why?

The Firestarter lounge at Rama? (wink)

So many possibilities with this....and only one outcome would be bad. If its Van Hagar!

Comment

• Figs
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Sorry, I started this rumor back in November

I was this guy's source, but I didn't think he'd print it.

Comment

• Figs
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
        Holy Shit GR!!

With all the things Sammy has said recently, this can't be Van Hagar?

Dave and Steven Tyler at the Boston Pops? I still believe those 2 hatched something there...Tyler stepped out in favor of Dave. Why?

The Firestarter lounge at Rama? (wink)

So many possibilities with this....and only one outcome would be bad. If its Van Hagar!
        I disagree, it will certainly be with Hagar. Opening up for Aerosmith (or another headline caliber act) is the only way VH sees the inside of an arena again without Roth. If Roth comes back, they wouldn't need Aerosmith.
        Last edited by Figs; 03-11-2005, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
          Commando
          • May 2004

Aerosmith is gearing up for a tour in support of a live album. I personally think they have worn out there welcome. Neither Aerosmith or Van Hagar did very well in ticket sales last summer. I am sure VanHagar will be the opener.

Comment

• Carmine
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Figs
            I disagree, it will certainly be with Hagar. Opening up for Aerosmith (or another headline caliber act) is the only way VH sees the inside of an arena again without Roth. If Roth comes back, they wouldn't need Aerosmith.
            I agree, opening is for Van Hagar. I also agree that if Dave were back in they would not need Aerosmith. But, didn't real Van Halen open for Aerosmith in like 78 or 79?? The Tank and Volkswagon story. Dave said in his book that he hadn't spoken with the guys in Aerosmith since then. But, Steven Tyler bows out of the Boston Pops show and recommends Dave, as some sort of "favor"...all I'm saying Figs, is that there COULD be a whole helluva lot more going on.

or...as has been for 20 F'ing years...I get to excited at any VH news, until I hear that word...starts with S...ends with PAM.

Comment

• Figs
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Carmine: Sure there could be, who knows. I'm a big Aerosmith fan, but I've seen them enough times and as ULTRAMAN VH said, they've worn out their welcome. And we here all know about Van Hagar's welcome. So it makes sense. Two for the price of one and three-quarters, or something like that.

Comment

• Carmine
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

I hear ya, I've seen them twice. Monsters of rock...like 90 and again with GNR opening...that was a great show! Its this Boston Pops thing that I have stuck in my head....plus, as I have eluded to before...I got tipped off a little bit. PM me.

Comment

• philouze
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2004

C'MON DAVE !!!!!!
                  Show these Motherfuckers what RNR's about...
                  You're the ONLY ONE who can do it...

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Pardon a Devil's ignorance, since I haven't really given a cherub's pink ass about Aerosmith in well over a decade, but it was my understanding that the band was currently on a break with both Tyler & Perry working on solo projects. And we also know from previous reports that the Ched Rocker was planning a solo tour this year.

Wouldn't these facts make a Van Hagar/Aeroshit tour about as likely as a blizzard in Hell?
                    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• loss of fools
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Oct 2004

fuck sake im a huge aero fan and they aint been over hear since 1999 and if they do eventually come over they had best not bring fucking van hagar with them. but from what iv heard aero are taking a years break so i dont think they will be up to much this year

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Hmmmmmmmm......

According to a posting on the VIXEN fan site NeilsVixenPage.com, former VIXEN drummer Roxy Petrucci has teamed up with DAVID LEE ROTH guitarist Brian Young and vocalist Lenita Erickson (who toured with former KISS and current GRAND FUNK RAILROAD guitarist Bruce Kulick) in a brand new band. The group are currently scheduling summer tour dates. Meanwhile, Lenita — whose vocal approach is being described as "Rod Stewart with a stick of dynamite up his ass" — is in negotiations with a major television network to air her zany and unscripted show "G.A.M.E.", covering the week in sports and documenting the behind-the-scenes action with celebrity athletes and musical appearances from the band.

Link.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Maybe Dave is coming up here with Ed.
                          Last edited by guwapo_rocker; 03-12-2005, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Ah, so the plot thickens.....

If Brian's got another gig this summer, the logical assumption would be that Dave's not touring.

Or dare a Devil say it.... at least not with that band....

I'm not putting my pointy tailed ass on the line for this one though, because I'd be cashing in on a lot of deals for souls right now if a VH reunion was a done deal, and so far the phones in Hell aren't ringing off the hook.
                            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• tjvhou812
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

its time to

get the show on the road
                              Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

Working...