X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buckshotjenkins
    Roadie
    • Jan 2005

Ed's endorsments

when ed was in his prime, he didn't give a fuck about endorsements! he just threw together guitars and had his trusty dusty amp and wailed! no fancy shit...even the nuge wanted to rock his rig cause he thought there was some secret magic in there...it was in ed's fire! think about it...junky home constructed guitars, a few "far from fancy" effects and a great broken in amp-and he was the most badass player of his day!

then...ed started endorsing guitars, amps, more guitars, more guitars!, pedals...now his sound isn't dangerous. it's locked in and played safe! most songs since the 2 new ones WITH DAVE have wah wah in the solo and that overused sustaining thing during the end of the song...seeing the charvels he was playing WOULD have been cool if they were only for him and not being sold AT ALL, let alone for so much! FUCK! ED! wake up, get back to your minimalistic rag tag setup, reunite with the real lineup and blow all these modern rock poseurs out of the water. if they could come back hungry and MEAN IT they would absolutely have MILLIONS of new kids as fans! the gear's a big part...cause it shows that he plays it safe and thinks about $$$. as jim morrison would say: COME ON!!! ALRIGHT!!! I WANNA SEE SOME ACTION!!!
  • Impaler
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Mar 2005

Re: Ed's endorsments

Originally posted by buckshotjenkins
    when ed was in his prime, he didn't give a fuck about endorsements! he just threw together guitars and had his trusty dusty amp and wailed! no fancy shit...even the nuge wanted to rock his rig cause he thought there was some secret magic in there...it was in ed's fire! think about it...junky home constructed guitars, a few "far from fancy" effects and a great broken in amp-and he was the most badass player of his day!

then...ed started endorsing guitars, amps, more guitars, more guitars!, pedals...now his sound isn't dangerous. it's locked in and played safe! most songs since the 2 new ones WITH DAVE have wah wah in the solo and that overused sustaining thing during the end of the song...seeing the charvels he was playing WOULD have been cool if they were only for him and not being sold AT ALL, let alone for so much! FUCK! ED! wake up, get back to your minimalistic rag tag setup, reunite with the real lineup and blow all these modern rock poseurs out of the water. if they could come back hungry and MEAN IT they would absolutely have MILLIONS of new kids as fans! the gear's a big part...cause it shows that he plays it safe and thinks about $$$. as jim morrison would say: COME ON!!! ALRIGHT!!! I WANNA SEE SOME ACTION!!!
    I agree!!! Very good post!!!

Comment

• vanzilla
      Veteran
      • Jul 2004

I think that says it all
      Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

So what you are really saying is Ed sold out. In the old days when Eddie was God, you know lots of companies wanted to sign him on and he told them all to fuck off. I always though Ed was so cool to do that.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• cwsmith17
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

Ted Nugent is fakking crazy!

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Ted Nugent is totally unisinspiring, Im not suprised he wanted to try Ed's setup in the hope it would make him better.

Agree with buckshotjenkins totally, Ed's sound has suffered at the
            hands of endorsement cos he *HAS* to play the crap he is flogging.

But why not do a deal with Fender and Marshall, and recreate the old Plexi sound with a Frankenstrat ?? Instead we get crappy peavey shit
            and whatever else he feels like hanging his name off this month..

Ed, it used to be about the music, man..
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• WOAHYEAH
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

I wonder if he walks past his 'shark destroyer' and sighs a little more every day...

Served hot, right from the rhythm kitchen.

Comment

• Big Train
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

It isn't about the gear or selling out...like the first poster said "it's about the fire"..or lack thereof..

Comment

• CROWBAR
                  Commando
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                  But why not do a deal with Fender and Marshall, and recreate the old Plexi sound with a Frankenstrat ??
                  There ya go, back to the basics! Where it all started. Keep it simple, go with what you know! Totally agree with this panamark!

Comment

• SNIPER
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by WOAHYEAH
                    I wonder if he walks past his 'shark destroyer' and sighs a little more every day...

Gibson Explorer, He fucked up the tone on it when he cut it up. It prob sounds worse then his crapy shitty Peavys now. I cant believe he went with Peavy, Im a musician and I always thought of them as a fucking joke.

Comment

• tydhurst
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2004

Ed's old amp had the best settings on it Ever!
                      Don't need a gun to blow your mind!

http://tydhurst.proboards30.com

Join my forum.

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                        Gibson Explorer, He fucked up the tone on it when he cut it up. It prob sounds worse then his crapy shitty Peavys now. I cant believe he went with Peavy, Im a musician and I always thought of them as a fucking joke.
                        Gisbson Explorer or Ibanez Destroyer 1 ? Why the hell would you cut that awesome body shape ??
                        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• tomballin
                          Commando
                          • Dec 2004

Ed's Latest Endorsement

Comment

• scottd1984
                            Groupie
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by CROWBAR
                            There ya go, back to the basics! Where it all started. Keep it simple, go with what you know! Totally agree with this panamark!
                            I couldn't have put it better and now that Marshall is making the handwired plexi reissues Ed won't have put his old head through the rigors of touring

Comment

Working...