PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Corrie was MURDERED two years ago today

Nickdfresh
03-16-2005, 07:50 AM
You know BigBlunder, you really are becoming a fucking dolt! She never killed anyone.

PS You know I once posted an article about an Israeli Army officer that machinegunned a little, Palestinian school girl, riddling her body with bullets even when it was apparent she was a preteen, and down on the ground. He was arrested by his own fucking men, and charged!

Where was your misplaced sense of outrage then?

BigBadBrian
03-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
You know BigBlunder, you really are becoming a fucking dolt! She never killed anyone.

Never said she did....did I?

Do you find the thread title in poor taste? Hmm? She was killed two years ago today.

diamondD
03-16-2005, 08:36 AM
Poor taste or not, she was stupid. And the fact her parents are suing caterpiller shows it was probably genetic.

Warham
03-16-2005, 08:44 AM
She shouldn't have stood in front of a bulldozer.

If you do stupid shit like that, be prepared for the consequences.

It'd be the same as running out on I-95 protesting car emission polution, getting killed by a car, then having your parents sue the driver.

kentuckyklira
03-16-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Warham
She shouldn't have stood in front of a bulldozer.

If you do stupid shit like that, be prepared for the consequences.

It'd be the same as running out on I-95 protesting car emission polution, getting killed by a car, then having your parents sue the driver. By the same logic, thereīs no reason whatsoever to pity US servicemen getting killed or maimed in Iraq. After all, joining the army means risking getting shot at!

BigBadBrian
03-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
By the same logic, thereīs no reason whatsoever to pity US servicemen getting killed or maimed in Iraq. After all, joining the army means risking getting shot at!

Not the same at all....she got too close and tripped. Go look at the photos. They are on the web.

Go HERE (http://www.indybay.org/news/2003/03/1583823.php) for a further look. She simply got a little careless in her protest. She played with a loaded gun and it went off.

Warham
Joining the Army does mean there is a chance of risking your life.

I don't pity servicemen, but I sympathize with their family and friends if they fall in combat.

Servicemen know what they are doing when the sign up for four years.

Warham
DAVID BEDEIN
BUREAU CHIEF
ISRAEL RESOURCE NEWS AGENCY
BEIT AGRON INTERNATIONAL PRESS CENTER
JERUSALEM, ISRAEL
www.israelbehindthenews.com media@actcom.co.il

Mis-captioned Reuters photo transforms accidental death into homicide.

Joe Smith, age 21, came with his college friend Rachel Corrie this past
Sunday, March 16th to Gaza to protest against terrorist home demolitions as
part of his activity with the International Solidarity Movement.

Both Joe and Rachel had studied at Evergreen College in Olympia, Washington.

Joe was witness to Rachel's tragic death late that afternoon, and
described what he saw to my colleague , recounting that "she was sitting on
a mound of earth in front of the bulldozer. The earth started to move under
her when the bulldozer digs in. You have a couple of options you can roll
aside-you have to be very quick to get out of the way. You can fall back,
but she leaned forward to try to climb up on top. She got pulled down, and
the bulldozer lost sight of her.Then, without lifting the blade, he
reversed and she was underneath the blade". Joe Smith did not sound
accusatory nor vindictive against the IDF bulldozer driver.

So why did the world have a different impression of what had happened?

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words.

The picture distributed by the Reuters News Agency showed Rachel Corrie
standing in front of the Bulldozer with a megaphone. That is the picture
that appeared on page three of the New York Times on March 17, 2003

The Reuters caption stated what the picture said that this picture was
taken before Rachel Corrie was crushed by this bulldozer, giving the reader the distinct impression that Rachel Corrie had been standing with a
megaphone in clear sight of the bulldozer.

That would have made this act some kind of homicide.

The next photo distributed by Reuters showed Rachel lying in front of the
bulldozer.

And then I began to notice something.

The lighting of the Gaza sky was different in both pictures of what were
supposed to be sequential shots. The landscape in each picture was
different.

I checked with Reuters to find out about the discrepancy of the picture
sequence.. The Reuters photo editor said, however, that , these were NOT
their pictures. They were sent by the International Solidarity Movement.
Indeed, these pictures did appear on the ISM web site at
www.palsolidarity,org. The Reuters photo editor assured me, however, that
the pix were clearly labeled as ISM pictures. A check with the Reuters web
site showed that they were labeled as Reuters pix.

A call back to Joe Smith about the sequence of the pix revealed another
unknown fact. Smith said that no one was on the spot with a camera before
Rachel Corrie was mauled by the bulldozer, and that the picture of Rachel
with the megaphone had been taken many hours earlier...

I placed a call to Tim Heritage, bureau chief of Reuters, and asked him
about Reuters policy in using pictures from political groups that might
manipulate the media...

I gave him a heads up about the fact that Reuters had
issued the photo of Rachel Corrie standing alongside the bulldozer with a
megaphone.

Heritage said that he would look into the matter and asked for a call back.
I called back an hour later. Heritage was not available. However, all of
the Rachel Corrie/bulldozer pix had been wiped off of the Reuters web site.

Yet the damage was done.

The indelible image of a mauled "peace activist standing with a megaphone"
will not leave people's minds for many years to come.

BigBadBrian
03-16-2005, 09:10 AM
Don't delete this thread, FORD. This is a legit topic. Change the title if you must. :rolleyes: :cry2:

Cathedral
03-16-2005, 09:43 AM
Rachel Corrie was doing what she felt she needed to do. to her, she was serving a purpose and lost her life doing so.

It was her destiny.

And our troops don't need or want pity, but they do want, need and deserve our support and respect for their sacrifice.
Without the American Soldier, none of us would be sitting in our cozy homes arguing online over things we are not actively involved in.

Warham
03-16-2005, 09:53 AM
AMEN BROTHER!

BigBadBrian
03-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Don't delete this thread, FORD. This is a legit topic. Change the title if you must. :rolleyes: :cry2:

See, I knew you couldn't keep the title as it was. The girl was an idiot. Too bad the DDLR server was wiped clean where we dogged her.

http://cmms.cat.com/cmms/servlet/cat.dcs.cmms.servlet.ImageServlet?imageid=C016875&imageType=2

http://www.cat.com/cat/images/logo.gif

Guitar Shark
03-16-2005, 11:31 AM
What was the original title?

In order to believe that Corrie was "murdered," you have to believe that she was intentionally killed. Murder requires intent.

FORD
03-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark

In order to believe that Corrie was "murdered," you have to believe that she was intentionally killed. Murder requires intent.

And that is exactly what happenned. I wouldn't expect a Likud court to convict the IDF any more than I would expect a Bush appointee to convict Junior.

Cathedral
03-16-2005, 12:04 PM

He needs his mod bars revoked for the shit he pulls here, and that is the damn truth.
Why nobody calls him on his own Hitler type of Dictatorship over this forum is beyond me, and it has gotten so old it farts dust.

He forces his own views on everyone and alters those he doesn't agree with by others.

Power Tripper, that is all he is.

FORD
03-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
He needs his mod bars revoked for the shit he pulls here, and that is the damn truth.
Why nobody calls him on his own Hitler type of Dictatorship over this forum is beyond me, and it has gotten so old it farts dust.

He forces his own views on everyone and alters those he doesn't agree with by others.

Power Tripper, that is all he is.

Geezus, it's like you need a calendar to keep track of which Cathedral is gonna show up on any given day around here..... :rolleyes:

Let me state this one more time, for the record:

UNDER POLICY PREVIOUSLY POSTED IN THIS FORUM BY ONE OF THE WEBMASTERS, I AM AUTHORIZED TO REMOVE SPAMMING CONTENT WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD AND WAS ONLY POSTED FOR PURPOSES OF DISRUPTION.

Therefore, I have no need to further defend my actions.

Warham
03-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Shouldn't change titles of threads.

Totally uncalled for, and if you wanna talk about fascism, which seems to be the libs favorite word right now, look no further than this thread.

Warham
03-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by FORD
And that is exactly what happenned. I wouldn't expect a Likud court to convict the IDF any more than I would expect a Bush appointee to convict Junior.

FORD,

She wasn't murdered. She fucking stood in front of it, of her own will. She did not have a god-damned rifle pointed in her back, and she wasn't threatened by anybody to stand there.

Jesus Christ!

I can't believe how thick some people are in this forum.

FORD
03-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Shouldn't change titles of threads.

Totally uncalled for, and if you wanna talk about fascism, which seems to be the libs favorite word right now, look no further than this thread.

Brian asked me to change the title and not to delete the thread. So that is exactly what I did.

Warham
03-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Change it to the way you feel about it, or what it should have really said?

I don't know what you read into that policy, but I don't consider a thread by Brian with YOUR title to be kosher, specifically when there's been no spamming in this thread. He should be allowed to post his thoughts without fear of reprisal, especially given that he's not known to be a spammer, and is a member in good stead.

You need to be handcuffed.

kentuckyklira
03-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Change it to the way you feel about it, or what it should have really said?

I don't know what you read into that policy, but I don't consider a thread by Brian with YOUR title to be kosher, specifically when there's been no spamming in this thread. He should be allowed to post his thoughts without fear of reprisal, especially given that he's not known to be a spammer, and is a member in good stead.

You need to be handcuffed. Have a kleenex!

:daisy:

FORD
03-16-2005, 01:01 PM
FORD,

She wasn't murdered. She fucking stood in front of it, of her own will. She did not have a god-damned rifle pointed in her back, and she wasn't threatened by anybody to stand there.

Jesus Christ!

I can't believe how thick some people are in this forum.

If you willingly drive over somebody with a bulldozer, a tank, a car, a truck, or any other vehicle, you are a murderer.

It would be one thing if said vehicle was moving at a high rate of speed and didn't have time to stop, such as somone stepping onto railroad tracks 5 seconds before a train arrives at that spot. That was not the case here. Bulldozers don't move that fast. Especially armored bulldozers which are actually closer to tanks.

What happenned here is exactly what happenned at Tianemen Square. The driver of the vehicle deliberately chose to run over a human being. Therefore, that driver is a murderer.

Furthermore, Rachel Corrie's murder was not an isolated incident. The worldwide media reported on this one because it was an American citizen who was killed, but several Palestinians have met the same fate at the hands of the terrorist IDF. Just like the Communist Chinese in the tanks, they have no regard for human life. They are murderous shitbags.

I suppose you think it was an "accident" when they shot Tom Hurndall in the side of the head a few months later?

kentuckyklira
03-16-2005, 01:02 PM
If you willingly drive over somebody with a bulldozer, a tank, a car, a truck, or any other vehicle, you are a murderer.

It would be one thing if said vehicle was moving at a high rate of speed and didn't have time to stop, such as somone stepping onto railroad tracks 5 seconds before a train arrives at that spot. That was not the case here. Bulldozers don't move that fast. Especially armored bulldozers which are actually closer to tanks.

What happenned here is exactly what happenned at Tianemen Square. The driver of the vehicle deliberately chose to run over a human being. Therefore, that driver is a murderer.

Furthermore, Rachel Corrie's murder was not an isolated incident. The worldwide media reported on this one because it was an American citizen who was killed, but several Palestinians have met the same fate at the hands of the terrorist IDF. Just like the Communist Chinese in the tanks, they have no regard for human life. They are murderous shitbags.

I suppose you think it was an "accident" when they shot Tom Hurndall in the side of the head a few months later? How dare you post facts!

Thatīs pretty vile and evil of you!

Warham
03-16-2005, 01:05 PM

I suppose you think it was an "accident" when they shot Tom Hurndall in the side of the head a few months later?

I suggest reading that article I posted for some facts on those photos that were posted.

Nickdfresh
03-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Wait a minute. How'd I start this thread?:confused: :p

Warham
03-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by kentuckyklira
How dare you post facts!

Thatīs pretty vile and evil of you!

How dare you have no balls to post your own thoughts on it, instead of being FORD's fluffer on every thread he posts in.

kentuckyklira
03-16-2005, 01:08 PM
How dare you have no balls to post your own thoughts on it, instead of being FORD's fluffer on every thread he posts in. Why the fuck should I do so if I actually agree with Ford??

BTW, itīs my birthday today, so today I have balls the size of Mars!

BigBadBrian
03-16-2005, 01:19 PM

The Rachel Corrie Memorial Pancake Breakfast

Here's a picture of her parents presenting a picture of her when she was a wee baby flapjack. ;)

http://www.jessicaswell.com/images/corrie2.jpg

Cathedral
03-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Geezus, it's like you need a calendar to keep track of which Cathedral is gonna show up on any given day around here..... :rolleyes:

Let me state this one more time, for the record:

UNDER POLICY PREVIOUSLY POSTED IN THIS FORUM BY ONE OF THE WEBMASTERS, I AM AUTHORIZED TO REMOVE SPAMMING CONTENT WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD AND WAS ONLY POSTED FOR PURPOSES OF DISRUPTION.

Therefore, I have no need to further defend my actions.

Oh bullshit, the only policy you uphold is your own and it has very little to do with what any webbie said.
Under the 'policy' you claim you live by there isn't a damn thread posted on this site that shouldn't be deleted.

Dude, you hide behind that bullshit and i have been offended by plenty of things you post, does that same policy NOT apply to the ALL POWERFUL AND MIGHTY FORD?

You prance around this place posting some of the stupidest bullshit i have ever read in my life with no basis in fact, that's called SPAM by your own definition, pal.
But answer me this, How many people that agree with your points of view have you edited?
Hey, offensive spam is offensive spam so why is it only the, uh, how do you say, "Busheep" seem to be at the business end of your Super Duper Hand of Modship?

Your a biased fool, and YOU control which Cat you end up bantering with, with this bullshit you constantly pull.
It's an abuse of power and you weild it over everyones heads as you become, or should i say BECAME everything you used to bitch about on other sites.

Whatever, you can skate around here and do what you want to do. my fucking opinion or the opinions of your fellow and fellowette mods don't mean jack shit to anyone anyway.

Excuse me, I have some SPAM in the Pic Forum to edit and let's see how long it takes for me to get shown the door upholding your policy.

I've wasted enough time in this forum.

Big Train
03-16-2005, 01:58 PM

The driver of the vehicle deliberately chose to run over a human being. Therefore, that driver is a murderer.

I'm to accept that this statement is a fact? Ford was able to magically go back in time and into the driver's head to find out what he was thinking at the exact moment? That would be a FACT. What we have here is SPECULATION.

Germans have always had a hard time figuring out which is which...