X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Rachel Corrie was MURDERED two years ago today

You know BigBlunder, you really are becoming a fucking dolt! She never killed anyone.

PS You know I once posted an article about an Israeli Army officer that machinegunned a little, Palestinian school girl, riddling her body with bullets even when it was apparent she was a preteen, and down on the ground. He was arrested by his own fucking men, and charged!

Where was your misplaced sense of outrage then?
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-16-2005, 08:56 AM.
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    You know BigBlunder, you really are becoming a fucking dolt! She never killed anyone.
    Never said she did....did I?

Do you find the thread title in poor taste? Hmm? She was killed two years ago today.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• diamondD
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Poor taste or not, she was stupid. And the fact her parents are suing caterpiller shows it was probably genetic.
      Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

She shouldn't have stood in front of a bulldozer.

If you do stupid shit like that, be prepared for the consequences.

It'd be the same as running out on I-95 protesting car emission polution, getting killed by a car, then having your parents sue the driver.

Comment

• kentuckyklira
          Veteran
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Warham
          She shouldn't have stood in front of a bulldozer.

If you do stupid shit like that, be prepared for the consequences.

It'd be the same as running out on I-95 protesting car emission polution, getting killed by a car, then having your parents sue the driver.
          By the same logic, there´s no reason whatsoever to pity US servicemen getting killed or maimed in Iraq. After all, joining the army means risking getting shot at!
          http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
            By the same logic, there´s no reason whatsoever to pity US servicemen getting killed or maimed in Iraq. After all, joining the army means risking getting shot at!
            Not the same at all....she got too close and tripped. Go look at the photos. They are on the web.

Go HERE for a further look. She simply got a little careless in her protest. She played with a loaded gun and it went off.

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Joining the Army does mean there is a chance of risking your life.

I don't pity servicemen, but I sympathize with their family and friends if they fall in combat.

Servicemen know what they are doing when the sign up for four years.

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

DAVID BEDEIN
                BUREAU CHIEF
                ISRAEL RESOURCE NEWS AGENCY
                BEIT AGRON INTERNATIONAL PRESS CENTER
                JERUSALEM, ISRAEL
                www.israelbehindthenews.com media@actcom.co.il

Mis-captioned Reuters photo transforms accidental death into homicide.

Joe Smith, age 21, came with his college friend Rachel Corrie this past
                Sunday, March 16th to Gaza to protest against terrorist home demolitions as
                part of his activity with the International Solidarity Movement.

Both Joe and Rachel had studied at Evergreen College in Olympia, Washington.

Joe was witness to Rachel's tragic death late that afternoon, and
                described what he saw to my colleague , recounting that "she was sitting on
                a mound of earth in front of the bulldozer. The earth started to move under
                her when the bulldozer digs in. You have a couple of options you can roll
                aside-you have to be very quick to get out of the way. You can fall back,
                but she leaned forward to try to climb up on top. She got pulled down, and
                the bulldozer lost sight of her.Then, without lifting the blade, he
                reversed and she was underneath the blade". Joe Smith did not sound
                accusatory nor vindictive against the IDF bulldozer driver.

So why did the world have a different impression of what had happened?

Well, a picture is worth a thousand words.

The picture distributed by the Reuters News Agency showed Rachel Corrie
                standing in front of the Bulldozer with a megaphone. That is the picture
                that appeared on page three of the New York Times on March 17, 2003

The Reuters caption stated what the picture said that this picture was
                taken before Rachel Corrie was crushed by this bulldozer, giving the reader the distinct impression that Rachel Corrie had been standing with a
                megaphone in clear sight of the bulldozer.

That would have made this act some kind of homicide.

The next photo distributed by Reuters showed Rachel lying in front of the
                bulldozer.

And then I began to notice something.

The lighting of the Gaza sky was different in both pictures of what were
                supposed to be sequential shots. The landscape in each picture was
                different.

I checked with Reuters to find out about the discrepancy of the picture
                sequence.. The Reuters photo editor said, however, that , these were NOT
                their pictures. They were sent by the International Solidarity Movement.
                Indeed, these pictures did appear on the ISM web site at
                www.palsolidarity,org. The Reuters photo editor assured me, however, that
                the pix were clearly labeled as ISM pictures. A check with the Reuters web
                site showed that they were labeled as Reuters pix.

A call back to Joe Smith about the sequence of the pix revealed another
                unknown fact. Smith said that no one was on the spot with a camera before
                Rachel Corrie was mauled by the bulldozer, and that the picture of Rachel
                with the megaphone had been taken many hours earlier...

I placed a call to Tim Heritage, bureau chief of Reuters, and asked him
                about Reuters policy in using pictures from political groups that might
                manipulate the media...

I gave him a heads up about the fact that Reuters had
                issued the photo of Rachel Corrie standing alongside the bulldozer with a
                megaphone.

Heritage said that he would look into the matter and asked for a call back.
                I called back an hour later. Heritage was not available. However, all of
                the Rachel Corrie/bulldozer pix had been wiped off of the Reuters web site.

Yet the damage was done.

The indelible image of a mauled "peace activist standing with a megaphone"
                will not leave people's minds for many years to come.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Don't delete this thread, FORD. This is a legit topic. Change the title if you must.

Comment

• Cathedral
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Rachel Corrie was doing what she felt she needed to do. to her, she was serving a purpose and lost her life doing so.

It was her destiny.

And our troops don't need or want pity, but they do want, need and deserve our support and respect for their sacrifice.
                    Without the American Soldier, none of us would be sitting in our cozy homes arguing online over things we are not actively involved in.

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

AMEN BROTHER!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                        Don't delete this thread, FORD. This is a legit topic. Change the title if you must.
                        See, I knew you couldn't keep the title as it was. The girl was an idiot. Too bad the DDLR server was wiped clean where we dogged her.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

What was the original title?

In order to believe that Corrie was "murdered," you have to believe that she was intentionally killed. Murder requires intent.
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark

In order to believe that Corrie was "murdered," you have to believe that she was intentionally killed. Murder requires intent.
                            And that is exactly what happenned. I wouldn't expect a Likud court to convict the IDF any more than I would expect a Bush appointee to convict Junior.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Cathedral
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark

He needs his mod bars revoked for the shit he pulls here, and that is the damn truth.
                              Why nobody calls him on his own Hitler type of Dictatorship over this forum is beyond me, and it has gotten so old it farts dust.

He forces his own views on everyone and alters those he doesn't agree with by others.

Power Tripper, that is all he is.

Comment

Working...