PDA

View Full Version : Scott Peterson

Steve Savicki
03-16-2005, 05:20 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050316/us_nm/crime_peterson_dc_4

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (Reuters) - A California judge on Wednesday sentenced former fertilizer salesman Scott Peterson to death for the murder of his wife and unborn son in a case that attracted nationwide attention.

Superior Court Judge Alfred Delucchi sentenced Peterson after calling him "cruel, uncaring, heartless and callous."

Earlier, the family of his wife, Laci, condemned the prisoner emotionally, prompting Scott Peterson's parents to leave the courtroom.

"Now, Scott Peterson, I say this to you: you deserve to burn in hell for all eternity," Laci Peterson's mother Sharon Rocha told Peterson during her victim-impact testimony. "You deserve to be put to death as soon as possible."

After a half-year trial, a jury in November convicted Peterson, of Modesto, California, of killing his pregnant, 27-year-old wife and their unborn son on Christmas Eve 2002.

The case, with revelations of Peterson's extramarital trysts, deception and cold-blooded murder, generated saturation cable and local television coverage as well as related books.

Peterson, 32, showed little emotion on Wednesday, a cool composure he maintained throughout the trial. At one point he shook his head from side to side to indicate "no" when his mother-in-law said he had murdered Laci Peterson.

The judge also rejected a defense request for a new trial.

Reporters, attorneys, members of the jury and law enforcement officials fought back tears as family members openly sobbed during the 80-minute proceedings.

At one point Sharon Rocha told Peterson what she imagined were the dying thoughts of her daughter and grandson.

"Scott, I want to live, I don't want to die. You deserve to die, Scott," Rocha said. "I think of Conner saying: 'Daddy, why are you killing mommy and me, daddy, please don't kill us. I promise I won't take her away from you. Daddy, please don't, stop."'

Prosecutors say Peterson murdered his eight-months pregnant wife and dumped her body into the San Francisco Bay to maintain his independent lifestyle. The badly mutilated bodies washed up months later, prompting police to arrest Peterson.

"You're stupid to believe that murder was the only way out of marriage," Rocha told Peterson.

At one point, Scott Peterson's father shouted out "you're a liar" as one of Laci Peterson's brothers addressed the court. The judge, who did not allow Scott Peterson's family to give a witness impact statement, warned that anyone shouting out would be removed from the courtroom.

Authorities will transfer Peterson within 10 days to the state's only death row at San Quentin Prison, north of San Francisco, where he will join 643 others awaiting execution.

The lengthy appeals process in California means it could take two decades before prison officials strap Peterson to a cot to administer a fatal combination of chemicals.

I think Laci's mother was a little to dramatic with her imagination, but nevertheless, she lost her daughter and grandson, so she is entitled to those feelings.

Carmine
03-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Good!

Sick Fucker!!

Mezro
03-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
I think Laci's mother was a little to dramatic with her imagination, but nevertheless, she lost her daughter and grandson, so she is entitled to those feelings.

I think Laci's mother should shut the fuck up and get back to her churro cart.

Mezro...what if Scott really didn't do it?...

Warham
03-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Bastard!

Ally_Kat
03-16-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050316/us_nm/crime_peterson_dc_4

I don't think she was at all. The guy killed his pregnant wife and then was one the phone with his girlfriend not too long afterwards.

Mezro
03-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Mezro...my problem with this whole case is that nobody saw him do it...

Fabulous Shadow
03-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Being a bastard doesn't make him a murderer. I still don't know what to think.

Steve Savicki
03-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Ally, it's okay to be overdramatic; I've just never seen or read a closing statement like her's.

Nickdfresh
03-16-2005, 05:55 PM
He killed her and is getting what he deserves.

Guitar Shark
03-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
He killed her and is getting what he deserves.

Yup.

Fabulous Shadow
03-16-2005, 06:09 PM
I hope you're right Nick...

CROWBAR
03-16-2005, 07:49 PM
He will sit on deathrow forever, wasting the taxpayers dollars, unfortunately. Just like everyone before him.

Either the guy has zero conscience, or, he's one helluva an actor

Gmoney
03-16-2005, 09:22 PM
They should drown his ass like he did to his wfie and kid.

academic punk
03-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Gmoney
They should drown his ass like he did to his wfie and kid.

Allegedly.

Oh, and BTW, he didn't just "drown her ass". He chopped off her arms, legs, and head. they found all these things (and her torso) seperately.

How that little factoid didn't recieve more attention from the press baffles me.

FORD
03-17-2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by academic punk
Allegedly.

Oh, and BTW, he didn't just "drown her ass". He chopped off her arms, legs, and head. they found all these things (and her torso) seperately.

How that little factoid didn't recieve more attention from the press baffles me.

Laci's family asked the media to supress that part of the story. Not that I blame them for that.

And it's no longer "allegedly". Motherfucker's guilty as hell. He's been convicted and sentenced. You don't get busted with a new hair color and a shit load of money in your trunk headed for the Mexican border if you have nothing to hide.

academic punk
03-17-2005, 12:17 AM
I know. I meant the "allegedly" as a joke. I should have included an emoticon.

Still, the press has never been known for being sympathetic over what they believe "the public interest" to be.

I mean, really, could oyu imagine the press suppressing information about our republican-led government?

...bad example...

DlocRoth
03-17-2005, 11:10 AM
See ya, cocksucker.

Hardrock69
03-17-2005, 04:55 PM
That fucking asslicker.....I wish to GOD I could be the one to murder his fucking ass....

Death is too good for him. I would keep him alive for WEEKS and make him wish he had never even been born.....

DLR'sCock
03-17-2005, 05:35 PM
I don't know, the court of public opinion declared him guilty before it ever went to trial. Guilty? Hmmm, there was not enough hard evidence to declare him guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. It is possible he's guilty from an objective point of view, but it is also possible that he is not guilty from an objective point of view, and he was just a guy who cheated on his wife. If that's the case well then there is an enormous amount of americans that are guilty. I don't think he killed his wife and his child, although I may be wrong, but there was not enough evidence to convict him, and especially sentence him to the death penalty. Of course I don't believe in the death penalty. BTW I hate these sensationalistic BS trials that are all over tv suck people in for ratings...

Cathedral
03-17-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by CROWBAR
He will sit on deathrow forever, wasting the taxpayers dollars, unfortunately. Just like everyone before him.

Either the guy has zero conscience, or, he's one helluva an actor

I dunno, i was thinkign today that maybe there should be a clock started to see how long it is before he gets "shanked" by another inmate with absolutely nothing to lose.

There is no way he didn't do it. he went out to post flyers to search for her but oddly enough never posted a single one.
He was more concerned with how he looked for interviews and calling Amber and never once showed any emotion or feelings about Laci and his unborn son missing.
Plus a whole plethera of other things that scream "sociopath".

The dude was spoiled his whole damn life and that kid meant the end of his carefree lifestyle. He feared the responsibility and knew that if he divorced Laci she would have stroked him for all he was worth.

He did it, and i am very confident in that thought.

Brett
03-17-2005, 07:25 PM
Guiltier than sin and he'll never die for it. Probably wind up out-living most of us. There's over 550 inmates on death row in San Quentin here. Add another murderer to the fucking list who will never die.

Mezro
03-17-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by FORD
You don't get busted with a new hair color and a shit load of money in your trunk headed for the Mexican border if you have nothing to hide.

Or maybe you've got nothing to hide but the media has already painted you to be the killer and contaminated any prospective jury pool.

Mezro...if you know you'll never get a fair trial why not run?...

Cathedral
03-17-2005, 10:02 PM
I don't believe in the death penalty, I want people like him to rot away in prison. In his case all he has to do is look out at the water where dumped her, that will get to him after awhile.

Death is an easy way out for people like him, fuck that noise.

Bob_R
03-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Brett
There's over 550 inmates on death row in San Quentin here. Add another murderer to the fucking list who will never die.

Peterson is the 644th to be exact. Just heard that on the news.

He'll never change a diaper. ;) :p

Satan
03-18-2005, 01:31 AM
Damn.... and I had a nice and toasty spot in Hell reserved for him too....

Guess there's still hope that he gets shanked in the exercize yard.

UNCLAX72
03-18-2005, 08:01 PM
that sick fuck deserves to die

Antman
03-18-2005, 10:39 PM
This country needs to get rid of the death penalty and I'll tell you why. There are thousands sitting on death row, taking up valuable prison space. Prisons are way overcrowded as it is and they ain't hurryin to build new ones. It costs taxpayers billions over the years to keep these murderers, child molesters, rapists, etc alive waiting to die. With appeals, it takes years before someone is actually put down. I say life without parole for the Scott Petersons and Michael Jacksons of the world. Here's the catch: No PC (protective custody). Put the motherfuckers in the general population and see how long they last. Scott Peterson would first become the poster boy for prison rape, just like those man bitches on OZ with the lipstick and belly shirts. When the shit jumps off in the joint, Ms. Peterson may even kill himself first. That fucker wouldn't stand a chance in a drunk tank let alone out on the yard in Q. Either way, he's a dead man walking.

The Fonz
03-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Antman
This country needs to get rid of the death penalty and I'll tell you why. There are thousands sitting on death row, taking up valuable prison space. Prisons are way overcrowded as it is and they ain't hurryin to build new ones. It costs taxpayers billions over the years to keep these murderers, child molesters, rapists, etc alive waiting to die. With appeals, it takes years before someone is actually put down. I say life without parole for the Scott Petersons and Michael Jacksons of the world. Here's the catch: No PC (protective custody). Put the motherfuckers in the general population and see how long they last. Scott Peterson would first become the poster boy for prison rape, just like those man bitches on OZ with the lipstick and belly shirts. When the shit jumps off in the joint, Ms. Peterson may even kill himself first. That fucker wouldn't stand a chance in a drunk tank let alone out on the yard in Q. Either way, he's a dead man walking. ]
:cool:

Say it like it is.

Ayyyyyyyyy