PDA

View Full Version : Anthrax

Carmine
03-17-2005, 08:22 AM
One of my favorite bands! Espessially the "Joey Belladonna" years, 85-91. Joe Bellardini (his real name) is from Oswego, NY...same city that I live in. We became friends in the mid 80's, Among the Living time...Joe is an awesome guy and THE singer for Anthrax IMO. I have learned from Rikk, that Anthrax, with Joe out front, will be on the Ozzfest tour this summer!!

If you don't already own them, I suggest:

Spreading the Disease---Heavy from front to back!!

Among the living---THE MUST OWN ANTHRAX ALBUM!! Period!!

State of Euphoria---I have called this one "cutesy thrash". Its a little different but still Banging!!

Persistence of Time---the last full album with Joey... A must have!!

For those who did not know. Joe left Anthrax because Scott and Charlie would not let him into the writing part of the band. Joe IS NOT a fan of heavy metal. He LOVES Steve Perry and Journey. That is more to his liking, but, he fit well in Anthrax and learned to appreciate the music they created. The rest of the band was "worried" that Joe would water down the product. So, Joe split! He returned in 1997 to do a dual singer recording of the Temptations tune "Ball of Confusion" with then singer John Bush and rekindled his friendship with the rest of the band.

I can't wait to see them again this summer!!

Thoughts, comments, curses?

DavidLeeNatra
03-17-2005, 08:25 AM
seen them live in 1988 monsters (with dave co-headlining) and they sucked...

Shaun Ponsonby
03-17-2005, 02:30 PM
I saw them supporting Motorhead in 2002, they were immense. The DVD, Music of Mass Destruction is very good, I do recommend it. I like Anthrax because they took risks, unlike the other three that made up the Big Four of the Thrash scene (Megadeth/Slayer/Metallica).

I only have the DVD (with which you get a CD) and a compilation, though.

Carmine
03-17-2005, 02:34 PM
you saw John Bush out front. If you have the chance this summer to catch them with Joe Belladonna singing...DO IT!!!

Shaun Ponsonby
03-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Is he back for good, or on a one-off basis?

Carmine
03-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Is he back for good, or on a one-off basis?

I don't know Shuan. I have not talked to Joe in years. He comes home once in a while to see the folks and family. The last time I saw him was in a grocery store, a couple years ago. He moved to Florida...

I learned of this Ozzfest stuff from Rikk. Apparently, Sharon would only book them for Ozzfest with JOEY out front and they all agreed. We'll have to wait and see?

Shaun Ponsonby
03-17-2005, 02:45 PM
I know they are playing the Ozzfest day at Download this year-might get out there to see it if I can scrape the pennies and dodge an exam or 2.

Mezro
03-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Carmine Raguzza.
Joe Bellardini (his real name) is from Oswego, NY...same city that I live in. We became friends in the mid 80's

So honestly Carmine: does Joey wear a wig? It sure does look like it.

Mezro...I...am...the...laaaaawww....

Carmine
03-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
So honestly Carmine: does Joey wear a wig? It sure does look like it.

Mezro...I...am...the...laaaaawww....

Real hair! and he's only about 5'5''!! Maybe 5'5''...and he is the tallest guy in the band...when he gets his hair totally 80's, all poofy and shit!

Soul Reaper
03-17-2005, 03:05 PM
Yay, Anthrax! :D :D :D

Caught In A Mosh!!

Carmine
03-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Right Now on my stereo:

15 years in the academy
was like no cadet they'd ever seen
a man so hard his veins bleed ice
and when he speaks he never says it twice

They call him Judge
his last name is Dread!
Break the law and you wind up dead...
Truth and Justice what he's fighting for
Judge Dread the man he is the law!!

Sing it Mez...

Atomic_Rob
03-18-2005, 11:21 AM
From what I've heard, and its not alot, they are quality. Got The Time is fantastic and I believe there is a song something like parasite baby? Is that right?

Lookin forward to seein em at Download.

VanJay011379
03-18-2005, 11:32 AM
Everyone needs to get "Greater of Two Evils". Its their newest weith John Bush singing the older Joey songs.

I can't stop listening to it.

Diver Down NJ
03-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Atomic_Rob
From what I've heard, and its not alot, they are quality. Got The Time is fantastic and I believe there is a song something like parasite baby? Is that right?

Lookin forward to seein em at Download.

They covered Parasite in the Kiss tribute album. They are huge Kiss fans.

loss of fools
03-18-2005, 05:27 PM
yer i cant wait to see them at download either and they have confermed it will be the original line up.
GUNG-HO

Antman
03-18-2005, 10:48 PM
Anthrax rules. Saw them a few times all with Belladonna. I met him and Frank Bello once. Joey used to bang this chick Mimi from my town back in the day. Glad to hear he's back again. My friend's band played with him and King's X a few months ago at BB King's in NYC and Joey was setting up his own equipment. Just picked up Attack of the Killer As last week.

Anonymous
03-19-2005, 01:46 PM
Anthrax is great. I have 'Among the Living' and the 'Sound of White Noise'. I have to say, though, I don't know what's my favorite. If AtL is the kind of Metal I love, with GRATE vocals by Joey, the SoWN is... different. I love both those albums.

Cheers! :bottle:

Golden AWe
03-20-2005, 04:28 AM
I have all their albums...one of the first bands I ever started to collect...I'm a fan of both era's, "Sound of a white noise" and "Among the living" are THE albums for me...and yesss, it was even cooler that I was already a JUDGE DREDD-comics fan before I found out about Anthrax...I've seen them live once, with Bush...I really enjoyed the gig, even though they didn't have a proper solo guitarist in the line-up...

Golden AWe
03-20-2005, 04:29 AM
photos from the mosh pit...

Golden AWe
03-20-2005, 04:32 AM
"charlie fucked up!!!"

Soul Reaper
03-20-2005, 05:30 AM
The first Anthrax song I heard was Antisocial. It ruled!

I haven't got any albums yet, although I will be getting one.

Shaun Ponsonby
03-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Soul Reaper
The first Anthrax song I heard was Antisocial. It ruled!

I haven't got any albums yet, although I will be getting one.

AN...TI...SO...CIAL!!
AN...TI...SO...CIAL!!
AN...TI...SO...CIAL!!
AN...TI...SO...CIAL!!

DLR_EngineRoom
03-20-2005, 11:49 PM
One of my favorite bands! Espessially the "Joey Belladonna" years, 85-91. Joe Bellardini (his real name) is from Oswego, NY...same city that I live in. We became friends in the mid 80's, Among the Living time...Joe is an awesome guy and THE singer for Anthrax IMO. I have learned from Rikk, that Anthrax, with Joe out front, will be on the Ozzfest tour this summer!!

If you don't already own them, I suggest:

Persistence of Time---the last full album with Joey... A must have!!

For those who did not know. Joe left Anthrax because Scott and Charlie would not let him into the writing part of the band. Joe IS NOT a fan of heavy metal. He LOVES Steve Perry and Journey. That is more to his liking, but, he fit well in Anthrax and learned to appreciate the music they created. The rest of the band was "worried" that Joe would water down the product. So, Joe split! He returned in 1997 to do a dual singer recording of the Temptations tune "Ball of Confusion" with then singer John Bush and rekindled his friendship with the rest of the band.

I can't wait to see them again this summer!!

Thoughts, comments, curses?

I saw Anthrax opening up for Iron Maiden....late eighties/early nineties...I forget...but anyway, they were supporting "Persistence Of Time, and IMO, aside from Iron Maiden's 'Eddie' coming out, Anthrax blew Iron Maiden off the stage.

So anyway please confirm: Is Joey Belladonna back on vox for Anthrax? Is Dan Spitz back too? Would be great to see an Anthrax reunion......

Mezro
03-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Right Now on my stereo:

15 years in the academy
was like no cadet they'd ever seen
a man so hard his veins bleed ice
and when he speaks he never says it twice

They call him Judge
his last name is Dread!
Break the law and you wind up dead...
Truth and Justice what he's fighting for
Judge Dread the man he is the law!!

Sing it Mez...

DROKK IT!

With gun and bike he rules the streets
And every perp he meets will taste defeat
Not even Death can overcome his might
Cause Dredd and Anderson, they won the fight
When the Sov's started the Apocalypse war
Mega-City was bombed to the floor
Dredd resisted, and the judges fought back
Crushed the Sov's with their counter-attack

Mezro...as both an Anthrax and Judge Dredd fan I say...DROKK IT...Brian Bolland rules...bring out the Strontium Dog...

Soul Reaper
03-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
Anthrax blew Iron Maiden off the stage.

Wow, that must be pretty hard to do!

rustoffa
03-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Anthrax is superb.

I'v also heard the original lineup at Ozzfest rumor.

That "I'm The Man" cover is an all-time fave.

Shaun Ponsonby
03-22-2005, 08:20 AM
It's not a rumour. Went to see Priest last night and was handed a flyer for Download, and it said "Anthrax (classic line-up)".

Golden AWe
03-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Mezro
DROKK IT!

Mezro...as both an Anthrax and Judge Dredd fan I say...DROKK IT...Brian Bolland rules...bring out the Strontium Dog...

yesss...

http://www.crashonline.org.uk/47/images/death.gif

Golden AWe
03-22-2005, 09:41 AM
more classics...

http://www.thecomicshop.com.au/covers/2000ad/progs/2000ad-146.jpg

Shaun Ponsonby
03-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Famous Fans pay tribute (see similar threads at bottom of thread).