Think your neighborhood is safe for kids?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Think your neighborhood is safe for kids?

The story of the missing 9 year old Florida girl, Jessica Lundsford, really got me thinking about how safe my daughter is while playing outside this summer.

So i decided that i would do a search and see just how safe my community really is.

To my total shock, and i don't know why i was shocked, I found that there are 5 Sexual Offenders within 1 mile of my home.
    2 of them live less than 1500 feet of my home, and both of them were convicted of sex crimes against minors.

This made me wonder just how many of my friends here actually know how safe there own neighborhood is for their children, so i am posting a link to the Sexual Offender Registry Database so you can all search on your state and be prepared with the knowledge that every parent should know.

Here is the link
    Sexual Offender Registry Database
  • Carmine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

GREAT IDEA CAT!!

I'll be checking right now!!

Thank you!

Comment

• VHdamaco
      Foot Soldier
      • Nov 2004

wow...

only one mexican is a sexual offender in my hometown...

thought it'd be more since it's being overtaken with them...
      Don't FUCK With Greatness...

Comment

• academic punk
        Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Cat -

Though your concern is always justified, many offenders are classified as such simply because they were, for example, in a relationship with a 15 year old when they themselves were 19.

It's a very broad guideline to qualify for registration. Check the people out (htat's why it's available to the public), but also bear in mind that - HOPEFULLY - these people would not be out if they were not rehabilitated.

Also, you never really know who ANYONE is. Look at Scott Peterson for example - no previous record at all, and he murders (brutally, decapitation, the works) his wife and nearly full-term fetus.

Then you have the other side of the coin, like people with records who have learned their lesson, and have now dedicated their lives to not repeating their past mistakes, and in some cases actively take part in counselling programs, now from the others side of the desk.

Comment

• Cathedral
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
          Cat -

Though your concern is always justified, many offenders are classified as such simply because they were, for example, in a relationship with a 15 year old when they themselves were 19.

It's a very broad guideline to qualify for registration. Check the people out (htat's why it's available to the public), but also bear in mind that - HOPEFULLY - these people would not be out if they were not rehabilitated.

Also, you never really know who ANYONE is. Look at Scott Peterson for example - no previous record at all, and he murders (brutally, decapitation, the works) his wife and nearly full-term fetus.

Then you have the other side of the coin, like people with records who have learned their lesson, and have now dedicated their lives to not repeating their past mistakes, and in some cases actively take part in counselling programs, now from the others side of the desk.
          Dude, I don't need a lecture from you.
          I am well aware of everything you posted, but frankly, your wasting your time posting.
          I simply posted this so that people can be aware of possible threats in their neighborhood and to their children.
          I don't care to assume what goes on in the mind of someone else, but this is about awareness, nothing more.

Do you have kids?
          If the answer is No, then you need to shut the hell up.

If the answer is Yes, then just appreciate the info and go about your business.

Thanks!

Comment

• academic punk
            Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Okaaaaay...sorry for breathing.

Comment

• Satan
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

I have a lot of sexual predators in my neighborhood.....but they aren't much of a threat to anybody anymore.

It's hard to prey on children when your body is dunked in boiling honey and then dropped into a giant hill of fire ants
              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Cathedral
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

academic, Sorry dude, but we live in a time where you can't trust anyone, i do know this.
                I also know that people can be rehabilitated.
                I just thought it would be a good idea for people to know who is living in their neighborhood.
                Chances are that if more people knew this information there would be fewer stories about missing kids.

Nothing burns my crawl more than someone who victimizes a child.

I'm sorry i snapped at you, but i take the safety of my children and the safety of all children seriously.
                And it only takes one offender to ruin a family for life.

Being armed with information can make the difference.

But thanks for the balance of thought, i just got the impression you thought i'd form a lynch mob and go after these folks or something.

It's all good.

Comment

• vanzilla
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

Thanks for the link Cat. A fascinating resource. I never knew there were that many sex offenders in the county I live in.
                  Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

• Cathedral
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                    I have a lot of sexual predators in my neighborhood.....but they aren't much of a threat to anybody anymore.

It's hard to prey on children when your body is dunked in boiling honey and then dropped into a giant hill of fire ants
                    I had a few scary moments last summer because my daughter was playing with a friend down the street and she knows the rule is not to go into someone's house without my knowing.
                    She broke that rule twice, and i freak when i look up and she is somewhere i can't see her. and i keep a real close eye on her at all times.

I am in some senses, a bit paranoid, but i will not be able to deal with the fact that something happens that i had power to prevent.

I don't ever want a parent to go through what so many have gone through. I can't even fathom the idea that my child is gone and i don't know where to find her.

Just consider this a public service announcement and may all parents never know just how well it served them.

Comment

• academic punk
                      Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                      academic, Sorry dude, but we live in a time where you can't trust anyone, i do know this.
                      I also know that people can be rehabilitated.
                      I just thought it would be a good idea for people to know who is living in their neighborhood.
                      Chances are that if more people knew this information there would be fewer stories about missing kids.

Nothing burns my crawl more than someone who victimizes a child.

I'm sorry i snapped at you, but i take the safety of my children and the safety of all children seriously.
                      And it only takes one offender to ruin a family for life.

Being armed with information can make the difference.

But thanks for the balance of thought, i just got the impression you thought i'd form a lynch mob and go after these folks or something.

It's all good.

Appreciate it!

Was worried - the last people I'd want to set off on this site is yu and Carmine...when that happens, oyu know you've really fucked up!

On the other hand...considering how hard you fucked me in the ass with that initial response...maybe you should register!

(JOKE!!!)

Comment

• Cathedral
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vanzilla
                        Thanks for the link Cat. A fascinating resource. I never knew there were that many sex offenders in the county I live in.
                        You and me both, that is why this thread is here now.
                        And no thanks is required from any of you.

Just keep an eye on your kids at all times, cause abduction can happen in seconds.

Comment

• academic punk
                          Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

BTW - I think you can get more details and specifics about why individuals are on the list by going to your local precinct or courthouse.

Comment

• Carmine
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                            I had a few scary moments last summer because my daughter was playing with a friend down the street and she knows the rule is not to go into someone's house without my knowing.
                            She broke that rule twice, and i freak when i look up and she is somewhere i can't see her. and i keep a real close eye on her at all times.

I am in some senses, a bit paranoid, but i will not be able to deal with the fact that something happens that i had power to prevent.

I don't ever want a parent to go through what so many have gone through. I can't even fathom the idea that my child is gone and i don't know where to find her.

Just consider this a public service announcement and may all parents never know just how well it served them.
                            I have that problem with my 6 year old as well, just her friendly nature. But it is a cause for major concern. I too, CAT, will FREAK if I cant see her. My parents live 3 doors from my family and she has a tendency to wander to their house. OK..but she's still gotta tell me first! Try to explain the fact that you are upset with your daughter for going to Papa's house....thats hard!

Comment

• Cathedral
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
                              Appreciate it!

Was worried - the last people I'd want to set off on this site is yu and Carmine...when that happens, oyu know you've really fucked up!

On the other hand...considering how hard you fucked me in the ass with that initial response...maybe you should register!

(JOKE!!!)
                              I am sorry, bro. I just get sick to my stomach seeing a parent (providing they aren't the culprits) crying out in desperate pleas for help to find their kids.

And the fact that Jessica Lundsford has been missing for 3 weeks does not give me much hope that she'll be coming home.

And she is not the only one, just the only one getting news coverage.

Roth On!

Comment

Working...