PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden 'surrounded'

lucky wilbury
02-21-2004, 04:08 PM
http://www.sundaytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,9353,8752173-28778,00.html

Bin Laden 'surrounded'

February 22, 2004

A BRITISH Sunday newspaper is claiming Osama bin Laden has been found and is surrounded by US special forces in an area of land bordering north-west Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The Sunday Express, known for its sometimes colourful scoops, claims the al-Qaeda leader has been "sighted" for the first time since 2001 and is being monitored by satellite.

The paper claims he is in a mountainous area to the north of the Pakistani city of Quetta. The region is said to be peopled with bin Laden supporters and the terrorist leader is estimated to also have 50 of his fanatical bodyguards with him.

The claim is attributed to "a well-placed intelligence source" in Washington, who is quoted as saying: "He (bin Laden) is boxed in."

The paper says the hostile terrain makes an all-out conventional military assault impossible. The plan to capture him would depend on a "grab-him-and-go" style operation.

"US helicopters already sited on the Afghanistan border will swoop in to extricate him," the newspaper says. It claims bin Laden and his men "sleep in caves or out in the open. The area is swept by fierce snow storms howling down from the 10,000ft-high mountain peaks. Donkeys are the only transport."

The special forces are "absolutely confident" there is no escape for bin Laden, and are awaiting the order to go in and get him.

"The timing of that order will ultimately depend on President Bush," the paper says. "Capturing bin Laden will certainly be a huge help for him as he gets ready for the election."

The article says bin Laden's movements are monitored by a National Security Agency satellite.

On Thursday last week, General Richard Myers, chairman of the US joint chiefs of staff, said America had been engaged in "intense" efforts to capture bin Laden, who was believed to be hiding in the border area between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

But he insisted that the focus of the search had not narrowed for months.

alexpgrimes
02-21-2004, 04:57 PM
That would be great news if it was true.

Little Texan
02-21-2004, 05:25 PM
I sure hope they get his ass this time. Remember, back in late 2001 they thought they had him boxed in then, too, and he got away.

BITEYOASS
02-21-2004, 08:50 PM
I will except anything less than Bin Laden's head on a stick!

Panamark
02-21-2004, 09:04 PM
Yep, its made the news here in OZ too. Although the source of the new's credibility has been questioned.

Seshmeister
02-21-2004, 09:19 PM
Call me a cynic (or FORD) but Blair is in deep political trouble and there is a US election this year.

What an amazing coincidence....

Cheers!

:gulp:

Viking
02-21-2004, 09:25 PM
I wanna see him on video, being dragged by American troops - face-down and feet-first. :killer:

Seshmeister
02-21-2004, 09:42 PM
He's like the big bad wolf but do we even know if the useless skinny prick had anything to do with 9-11?

Cheers!

:gulp:

Va Beach VH Fan
02-21-2004, 10:05 PM
No American papers have picked up on it yet...

Here's the Aussie version with a little more detail on how they supposedly narrowed the search.... If it turns out true, that's some incredible research....

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,8754564%255E401,00.html

Bin Laden 'boxed in' by US soldiers

February 22, 2004
OSAMA bin Laden is reportedly surrounded by United States special forces in a mountain range that straddles north-west Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Internationally respected investigative journalist and author Gordon Thomas says the al-Qaida terror group leader has been sighted for the first time since 2001 and is being monitored by satellite.

In a report to be published in a British newspaper, Thomas says bin Laden is in a mountainous area to the north of the Pakistani city of Quetta.

The region is said to be a stronghold for bin Laden supporters and the terror kingpin is estimated to have 50 of his fanatical bodyguards by his side.

Thomas attributes his report to "a well-placed intelligence source" in Washington who is quoted as saying: "He (bin Laden) is boxed in."

The area makes an all-out conventional military assault impossible, according to the report.

The plan to capture him would depend on a "grab-him-and-go" operation.

"US helicopters already sited on the Afghanistan border will swoop in to extricate him," the report says.

It continues by saying bin Laden and his men "sleep in caves or out in the open".

"The area is swept by fierce snow storms howling down from the 3000m-high mountain peaks. Donkeys are the only transport."

The US special forces are "absolutely confident" there is no escape for bin Laden and are waiting for the order to snatch the shadowy terrorist leader.

The timing of that order will ultimately depend on President George Bush, the report says.

"Capturing bin Laden will certainly be a huge help for him as he gets ready for the election.

"It will be an even bigger bonus than getting Saddam."

The article goes on to say bin Laden's movements are continually monitored by a US National Security Agency satellite positioned over the land in which the wealthy Saudi is trapped.

Joint chiefs of staff chairman General Richard Myers said last week the US had been engaged in "intense" efforts to capture bin Laden.

But General Myers insisted that the focus of the search had not narrowed for months.

"There are areas where we think it is most likely he is, and they remain the same," he said. "They haven't changed in months."

Asked where bin Laden was hiding, General Myers said: "We think in that border region somewhere. We don't know precisely."

Bin Laden's whereabouts were discovered, according to the report, when US Central Intelligence Agency analysts – geographers and soil experts – studying the background in the al-Qaida boss's latest video suggested it matched rocks in the Toba Kakar ranges.

CIA agents, working with Pakistani guides, went from Afghanistan to the region to take photographs and bring out rock and soil samples.

These were flown to Washington where the CIA analysts electronically matched them to the video background.

A two-man special forces surveillance unit infiltrated the area.

"Within a week, they had picked up the first clues that bin Laden was around," according to a source quoted in the report.

"Other teams then slipped into the area.

"No helicopters were used, to avoid any alert."

Once the area was sealed, the special forces troops watched and waited for the order to go in and end the largest manhunt in history.

Bin Laden, head of the fanatical Muslim al-Qaida group, is alleged to have masterminded the September 11, 2001, terror attacks on New York and Washington.

John Ashcroft
02-21-2004, 10:06 PM
Other than he admitted to it?

FORD
02-21-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
Other than he admitted to it?

He never admitted to it. That video was every bit as authentic as the Milli Vanilli album. The "Osama" in that video didn't even come close to Bin Laden's appearance. Certainly a guy could have put on a few pounds, especially if he's returning to health after a battle with kidney disease. But is he going to be shorter. And then taller again in his next video?

That video was bullshit.

Now that doesn't mean Bin Laden wasn't involved but let's face it, the timing of this operation wasn't coordinated by carrier pigeon in some fucking cave in Afghanistan. There is a lot of shit that you are not being told, as well as some blatantly obvious things that some of you refuse to believe.

And as for the possibility of Bin Laden turning up this time.... well this really says it all, doesn't it?

"The timing of that order will ultimately depend on President Bush," the paper says. "Capturing bin Laden will certainly be a huge help for him as he gets ready for the election."

Viking
02-22-2004, 12:31 AM
I swear to God, FORD, you're the reason why a fun party can break up early.....:rolleyes:

FORD
02-22-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Viking
I swear to God, FORD, you're the reason why a fun party can break up early.....:rolleyes:

Only if your idea of a "fun party" is Junior once again exploiting the deaths of 2700 people for his political gain.

Viking
02-22-2004, 02:08 AM
FORD, roommates like you were the reason why my girlfriends didn't want to spend the night. :fucku2:

Panamark
02-22-2004, 04:40 AM
Its taken the US this long to clone him so they could stage his capture. :)

Fark, theres a good angle for the conspiracists amongst us.

SilvioDante
02-22-2004, 05:26 AM
Nah. The reason it has taken so long to capture him has something to do with the Republicans trying to sink Howard Dean's campain.

Right??

Dave IS VH
02-22-2004, 05:52 AM
If this is true, why hasn't CNN, Fox News, or any of the local stations picked up on it yet?

If we catch Bin Laden I hope we put him and Saddam in a room, and blow them both up.

Don't fuck with America!!!! :gun:

DLR7884
02-22-2004, 05:56 AM
FORD, roommates like you were the reason why my girlfriends didn't want to spend the night. :fucku2:

Now that's fucking funny!

DLR7884
That made me literally laugh out loud.

BigBadBrian
02-22-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Dave IS VH
If this is true, why hasn't CNN, Fox News, or any of the local stations picked up on it yet?

If we catch Bin Laden I hope we put him and Saddam in a room, and blow them both up.

Don't fuck with America!!!! :gun:

Actually, it would boost morale in the free world and sink the hopes of the whackos in the Arab world to see them both in a cage.

We could hand them over to WWE and have cage matches indefinitely over a few scraps of food. :D

Va Beach VH Fan
02-22-2004, 08:53 AM
I know I'm probably delusional, but is it remotely possible that the American press is withholding that info ??

I really doubt that personally, but had to ask the question....

John Ashcroft
02-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Heh heh heh... You guys rock. I'm laughing my ass off at this whole exchange.

Anyway, the American and British press is spiking all good news stories on the war on terror. The liberal elites in the various newsrooms around the world absolutely hate being proven wrong so many times. That shit's gotta stop! Remember "Quagmire"? How's about the "No plan to take Baghdad" comments? Yep, the newrooms around the world are taking their ball(s) and going home.

FORD
02-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by SilvioDante
Nah. The reason it has taken so long to capture him has something to do with the Republicans trying to sink Howard Dean's campain.

Right??

No, that's what the staged "capture" of Saddam was about.

FORD
02-22-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian

We could hand them over to WWE and have cage matches indefinitely over a few scraps of food. :D

Weren't the previous Muslim characters in the WWF/WWE major flops?

FORD
02-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
I know I'm probably delusional, but is it remotely possible that the American press is withholding that info ??

I really doubt that personally, but had to ask the question....

Of course they are! The corporate media would never print a story that implies Junior would deliberately schedule the capture of Bin Laden for his own political gain. Even though it's the worst kept secret since Rob Halford's sexual orientation.

lucky wilbury
02-22-2004, 05:59 PM
time to do my best ford:

don't you know that it was john kerry who flew obl out of afghanistan at the request of skull and bones? of coarse the media is keeping it secret. faux news is going to run a special with geroldo where they find out obl is hidden away in a secret vault at the dnc headquaters. it's the only way bush can win the election and howard dean's known the secret plan all along that's why the corparate media ran him out of the race. fuck you dlc! fuck you hager! fuck you new coke! :mad:

:D

Va Beach VH Fan
02-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Of course they are! The corporate media would never print a story that implies Junior would deliberately schedule the capture of Bin Laden for his own political gain. Even though it's the worst kept secret since Rob Halford's sexual orientation.

I would concur with you if we were still in the pre-Internet, pre-300 cable channel era....

Fact is, even if the major networks all did a wink-wink to not air the story, there's just an assload of media outlets in the U.S. that would bust a nut to be the first to do it....

Get it ? Assload, bust a nut, Halford ?? Never mind.... :D

Seshmeister
02-22-2004, 09:13 PM

Are you sure? :D

FORD
02-23-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
time to do my best ford:

fuck you dlc! fuck you hager! fuck you new coke! :mad:

:D

If I didn't know better, I would say somebody observed the rant that our friend with the pitchfork posted at DU on Friday ;)

Does Director Tenet have you monitoring DU now?

John Ashcroft
02-23-2004, 08:03 AM
Speaking of the DU, you know they never did reply to me as to why I was banned. I guess I'll shoot them another letter (not that it'll do any good). Ford, you post as Satan there too?

FORD
02-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Speaking of the DU, you know they never did reply to me as to why I was banned. I guess I'll shoot them another letter (not that it'll do any good). Ford, you post as Satan there too?

Well, actually it's BL_Zebub ;)

Jesus was there briefly a couple months ago, but they banned Him because the atheist contingent started too many flame threads against Him :(

John Ashcroft
02-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Atheists can flame with abandon, yet I'm banned simply because of my username???

Ford, you really need to let them know that they need to brush up on debate, not censor it to their liking. This attitude is partially what's killing your party. I mean, look at Kerry in all of his condescending glory. Simple questions about his voting record as a Senator throws him into a "How dare you question my patriotism" rant. How's about an honest answer as to why you voted the way you did on various spending bills? I'd have more respect for the man if he simply stated "I thought defense dollars could better be spent on social programs". Or something to that effect.

FORD
02-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Atheists can flame with abandon, yet I'm banned simply because of my username???

Ford, you really need to let them know that they need to brush up on debate, not censor it to their liking. This attitude is partially what's killing your party. I mean, look at Kerry in all of his condescending glory. Simple questions about his voting record as a Senator throws him into a "How dare you question my patriotism" rant. How's about an honest answer as to why you voted the way you did on various spending bills? I'd have more respect for the man if he simply stated "I thought defense dollars could better be spent on social programs". Or something to that effect.

They aren't just banning conservatives from questioning Kerry, believe me. The admins there have pretty much said that "once there's a nominee" that criticizing him will be verboten. So at that point, I will be no more welcome over there than you are, since I will not be kissing Judas' ass neither before or after the official nomination.

The DLC has taken control of the board without a doubt. It's no longer an "underground" by any stretch of the imagination. I only bother posting there any more on the outside chance I might wake someone or something up and stop this worthless "Kerronation" before the point of no return and this country is doomed to 4 more shitty years, one way or the other :(

Rubnose
02-23-2004, 11:17 PM
So who ya gonna vote for now?

John Ashcroft
02-23-2004, 11:27 PM
Dude, get ready for much more than 4 years.

I'm not trying to rub this in either. I mean, Democrats forbidding certain speech??? It's no surprise to me, but now that it's being done overtly all this crap about "freedom of expression" and such will be seen for what it is.

Man, your party asks us to leap to conclusions about the Republicans and their supposed "patriotism police", but here we have real, live censorship being practiced at the flagship website for the liberal ideology. You don't see this as a problem? And I'm talking about even before "The New JFK". (By the way, I know you do because you've addressed this a long time ago. But I just want to illustrate why your party is losing. Your party's been hijacked by nazis, not mine.) Like I've said countless times before, I have infinitely more respect for a true "liberal" who's not ashamed of what he or she stands for and calls for honest debate, than the people running the modern day Democrat party. I even praised Dean for his statements regarding his deferment from Vietnam (that is up untill he did a 180 on it...) Instead, we get more of the same from your side of the aisle. They're far more interested in personal power than ideology. And if censorship is what's required in the aquisition of power, so be it.

lucky wilbury
02-26-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by FORD
If I didn't know better, I would say somebody observed the rant that our friend with the pitchfork posted at DU on Friday ;)

Does Director Tenet have you monitoring DU now?

nope. i've been barred from that place. i never even posted there nor did i even sign up to post yet i got banned.

KANE
02-26-2004, 07:00 AM
He's been surrounded for over a year, nothings at play here with us waiting, its more complicated than you think, plus them mountains arent any easy task, no matter what technology we have, they are brutal, believe me.......he's gonna be tits up here real soon.

John Ashcroft
02-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Did you see the History Channel's special about our Afghanistan operation(s)? It was really good. They showed soldiers and marines working in that environment (high elevation, cold as hell), and they looked miserable. Like old people. Yep, I'd imagine the mountains of Afghanistan and Pakistan are probably the worst environment to secure. God bless the guys.

LoungeMachine
12-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Heh heh heh... You guys rock. I'm laughing my ass off at this whole exchange.

Anyway, the American and British press is spiking all good news stories on the war on terror. The liberal elites in the various newsrooms around the world absolutely hate being proven wrong so many times. That shit's gotta stop! Remember "Quagmire"? How's about the "No plan to take Baghdad" comments? Yep, the newrooms around the world are taking their ball(s) and going home.

:lol:

classic johnnie :D

"....spiking all the good news stories....."

Seshmeister
12-28-2007, 06:52 PM
If this site hadn't lost all the earlier threads I would be even more annoyingly smug...

letsrock
12-29-2007, 12:30 AM
This site has lost lots of things.

Little Texan
12-29-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by letsrock

Yeah it has, such as posters like Kane...whatever happened to him? I miss ol' Kane.

Nickdfresh
12-29-2007, 06:43 AM

Thanks, joined March 2007...

Coyote
12-29-2007, 09:31 AM

And yours hasn't?

letsrock
12-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Thats the number one problem here "Thanks March 2007"
The members think that if they are the lowest number that there word is golden. Sure like i'm gonna listen to a 20 yr old go on about Van Halen.

Get over it, this site use to be the bomb. to bad i helped broker the deal that sold it to VanHalenStore.com (back when it was DLRARMY)
That only cost the store what $5.03

We found that as loose change in ash trays.

John

Coyote
12-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Thats the number one problem here "Thanks March 2007"
The members think that if they are the lowest number that there word is golden. Sure like i'm gonna listen to a 20 yr old go on about Van Halen.

Get over it, this site use to be the bomb. to bad i helped broker the deal that sold it to VanHalenStore.com (back when it was DLRARMY)
That only cost the store what $5.03

We found that as loose change in ash trays.

John

Was that before or after you licked 'em clean?