TurboLover Hellrider
Victim of Changes
Green Manalishi
Painkiller

Encore:
Hell Bent for Leather
Living After Midnight
You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’

NOTE: They did play Exciter earlier in the tour-but they obviously dropped it.

Other than a few problems with the lights during Turbo Lover and Hellrider, a well-spent £32.

Can't decide who was better. Scorpions had better sound and didn't do Wind of fucking Change, but Priest are Priest and were louder (ears are still ringing-haven't been this bad since Motorhead). Performance-wise, they were both as good as each other.

Glad that they rocked Turbo Lover up a whole lot more than they once did.

The highlight, though, was the drunk guy who was yelling "they're not gonna kill me", before falling backwards into the toilet and possibly passing out.

WACF
03-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Would of loved to of seen that...

Mr Badguy
03-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Roll on Saturday night!

diamondD
03-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Damn, it's hard to imagine anyone playing louder than the Scorps. I've always been impressed with how they can play so loud and still stay clear.

Thanks for the lists. I was glad to see Wind of Change out of the set too. I know Klaus had made comments about having to play if for the rest of their careers and he didn't sound too happy about it.

Hardrock69
03-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Motorhead is usually the loudest band on earth.

However, in 1986 Iron Maiden brought a 185,000-watt PA system for their Somewhere In North America Tour. It was so loud in the arena that when I went out to the concourse to get a coke, I was screaming at the top of my lungs at the woman in the concessions stand and she still had trouble hearing me.

Ummmm....yeah...it was best that Priest drop Exciter. Great tune, but Halford these days sounds pretty bad compared to the 80s when he could still sing that high stuff.

Even on his worst night though, he still is a better vocalist than most other metal vocalists on their best night.

Mr Badguy
03-23-2005, 02:28 PM
I would rather they drop "The green manalishi" as I find it really boring.

They have a whole bunch of originals that are better.

And "Diamonds and rust" is better with the old arrangement.

Shaun Ponsonby
03-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Actually, 'Green Manalishi' was one of the best they did. Actually, in most cases, it was the older stuff that was better (except 'Deal With The Devil'-god, that's a good tune).

Scorp's best was probably 'Big City Nights' or 'Loving You Sunday Morning, possibly 'Blackout'. Actually, I think I should go out and get 'Unbreakable'.

Shaun Ponsonby
03-24-2005, 05:28 AM
Oh, yeah, and anybody who is going to complain about Rob not moving around much anymore-save your breath. Just bear in mind that he's in his 50's and is wearing a heavy leather jacket.

I think I should also point out that Priest were not just loud, they were LOUD. Sometimes TOO LOUD in that you couldn't hear them because it was so loud, and I was standing by the desk where you get the best sound. So, older fans may wish to take ear plugs. Usaully, I don't complain about volume, but take my advice. If you want to hear, put something in your ear (think of it as a rhyme).