• Show
Clear All
  • Sweet Irony
    She's the Woman
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Easter----"EASTER"??

Peeps? Coloring eggs---(a hundred kinds of egg coloring kits)--

Do you go to church? Do you have a religious feeling about this weekend, or do you like the candy?

I, as usual, am mystified about holidays....I know the reasons they are (originally) celebrated.....but can never figure out what they have come to mean for most people....

You should have seen the display where I work for St Patricks Day---- when did that become tambourines and leprechauns juggling bowling pins and goofy plastic hats??:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    ...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Eat as much as I can and then puke.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Atomic_Rob
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dan
      Eat as much as I can and then puke.
      LMAO

For most people its all about the chocolate / food rather than the actual meaning.
      Diamond Dave Is Van Halen. 'Nuff Said

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Capital letters, religious subject... smells like Katy Holyjoe won't be long. Arrrrgh!
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Sweet Irony
          She's the Woman
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

ohhhh noooo--sorry.....
          ...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....

Comment

• weesfreewheelin
            Roadie
            • Mar 2004

Hard boiled egg farts:eek:

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Well, considering that Easter predates Christ by at LEAST 2000 years, KatyPig has no reason to say anything anyway.

Comment

• academic punk
                Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

I've scoured my Bible, and no where in there do I see the words "chocolate" or "bunny".

Do I have an outdated or poorly translated edition? What the hey?

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

I need to get some of those bitchin' Easter Sweetarts. Those things rock.
                  I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    Well, considering that Easter predates Christ by at LEAST 2000 years
                    No it doesn't. Show your reference.

Comment

• vanzilla
                      Veteran
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by weesfreewheelin
                      Hard boiled egg farts:eek:
                      Been there. Smelled that.:eek:
                      Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

• vanzilla
                        Veteran
                        • Jul 2004

Here's something most Christians forget this time of year:

Without the death penalty, there'd be no Easter.
                        Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Comment

• GAR
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
                          Do I have an outdated or poorly translated edition? What the hey?
                          These basic truths are what we call "nonbiblical truths" for example: it specifically does not say in the Bible the words "Marshmallow Peeps" or "hardboiled Easter Egg farts" yet in fact, they do exist.

See that? Jesus Christ has a gun you CANNOT fucking outrun, so is it all about "freedom of choice" if you do not believe, when if you take the choice of disbelief, you go to hell for it?

Easter in a Nutshell, as I would write it for the Cliff's Notes Edition:
                          Worship and Live Or Die in hell and get fucked in the ass by demons, Satan and for sure, Mormons and insurance salesmen.

FOR THOSE WHO MISSED THAT POINT I'LL REPEAT IT
                          The Passion of Christ is about how you get to Worship or Die.

Comment

• Roguesgirl
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2005

We go to Mass on Friday and on Sunday. My daughter is Mary Magdelene in the church play this year :p

On Sunday we have a huge meal to celebrate.

On Saturday we do the non religious stuff. We color eggs and the Easter bunny comes that night while the kiddies are sleeping:

TLC
                            You KNOW I got the blues.
                            Can you dig it?
                            Welcome to Massachusetts. Now get the FUCK out of my way!

Comment

• vanzilla
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2004

Easter in a Nutshell, as I would write it for the Cliff's Notes Edition:
                              Worship and Live Or Die in hell and get fucked in the ass by demons, Satan and for sure, Mormons and insurance salesmen.

FOR THOSE WHO MISSED THAT POINT I'LL REPEAT IT
                              The Passion of Christ is about how you get to Worship or Die. [/B][/QUOTE]

Now that's a loving God.

(Sorry, don't wont to get into a religious debate GAR. I just couldn't resist - No Harm Meant)

Comment

Working...