X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Whats your Fav Roth era?

I prefer the DLR from the 80's. I think this was his great heyday.

He was the best in this era. Actually he will always be best remembered for his style and look of the 80's.
  • manwiththedogs
    Head Fluffer
    • Aug 2004

80`s
    The "Fair Warning" era VH cannot be topped.
    I dont know if it was tension within the group or what, but the guys definitely kicked it up a whole buncha notches with that album/tour, imo.

Comment

• the big dawg
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Mar 2005

i have to say the 80,s are the shit

Comment

• Roguesgirl
        Veteran
        • Jan 2005

I thought Dave looked his best physically from 84-88.
        TLC
        You KNOW I got the blues.
        Can you dig it?
        Welcome to Massachusetts. Now get the FUCK out of my way!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

The 80's of course. WACF, FW, EEAS etc. I've enjoyed DLR in every era though.

Comment

• Carmine
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Most def...the 80's!!

The man rewrote the book in that decade!!

Comment

• academic punk
              Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Actually, remember the picture of his elementary school class picture in the photo section of Crazy from the Heat?

Verily, that was Dave at his most diamond-esque.

Comment

• academic punk
                Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

(Bret Michaels and Vince Neil may have lifted Dave's '80s look, but Macauley Culkin and that kid in that Bruce Willis flick who sees dead people stole Dave's look from his elementary school era)

Comment

• vanzilla
                  Veteran
                  • Jul 2004

Dave rocked in the '80s no argument there. But I really dig his 90's material as well. IMO, YFLM was one of his best solo albums (behind EEAS). I think Dave was just overlooked because the country's taste in music had shifted to alternative, and he was best known as a heavy metal frontman - that's why he didn't get much play back in 94.

Plus, who can't say the DLR Band isn't an overlooked classic?

So, Dave kind of achieved a cult following in the 90's that only a dedicated few can appreciate. I'll take that over the mainstream crap playing on radio anyday.
                  Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

• Christ67
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Jun 2004

DLR from any era works for me. Loved the Vh stuff the Dave Stuff and DLRB stuff. No era is more than another. The look of EEAS and the sound Quality of Diamond Dave Combine those and you got a hit.

Hell, I Dj and play "Soul Kitchen" each night at closing time....Well the clock says it's time to go now.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

70's. I loved it when he was just a cutting edge Rock and Roll singer.
                      Although I enjoyed him in the 80's I am not a big fan of his comedy so that kinda changed things for me.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
                        70's. I loved it when he was just a cutting edge Rock and Roll singer.
                        Although I enjoyed him in the 80's I am not a big fan of his comedy so that kinda changed things for me.
                        I agree. Dave in the 70's was fucking great. His voice was pitch perfect and nobody could touch him. Well, still can't. But Im sticking with the 70's. Just listen to Zero and After for proof.
                        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Splooge
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Sep 2004

Fak, fab hates men with personalities I guess!!

The 80's for sure because that includes the majority of the six

pack, and the best tours IMO, including the ones I saw, Diver Down,

1984, Eat em and Smile, and Skyscraper.
                          We're on a mission from ROTH

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Splooge

Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                            Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Fabulous Shadow

Originally posted by Splooge

I love men with personalities... I just like them rugged and mysterious vs. slapstick and comical.

That said I didn't say I didn't like the Dave of the 80's, I just said I preferred the Dave of the 70's... Wasn't the question which Dave era we like BEST?

Comment

Working...