PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to some of the Pics Here-They're Gone?,

tomballin
03-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Did I miss something, what happened to some of the pics on this site, they are gone.

The detailed version, please.

Tomba

Nickdfresh
03-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by tomballin
Did I miss something, what happened to some of the pics on this site, they are gone.

The detailed version, please.

Tomba

They were wiped out when the site went down the last time, either by accident or design.

tomballin
03-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
They were wiped out when the site went down the last time, either by accident or design.

Tell you what, I need a better technical understanding as to why this site is so unstable all the time, and what it’s going to take to put a stop to it.

I’m committed to do whatever it takes to resolve this problem, money, time, or otherwise.

academic punk
03-29-2005, 04:31 PM
I second this.

Ally_Kat
03-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by tomballin
Tell you what, I need a better technical understanding as to why this site is so unstable all the time, and what it’s going to take to put a stop to it.

I’m committed to do whatever it takes to resolve this problem, money, time, or otherwise.

I could be wrong, but I think it's the server.

tomballin
03-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
I could be wrong, but I think it's the server.

Maybe a webbie will post in.

Whatever the problem, let's fix it.

Ally_Kat
03-29-2005, 11:46 PM
This is form a lil back in the day, but I think it pretty much applies.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=96642&highlight=server#post96642

I'm sure a webbie will come and answer. :)

Cathedral
03-30-2005, 12:35 AM
The servers tech support is on it, but i wouldn't hold my breath on them returning any time soon.
All i know for sure is that the issue has been addressed and they are still in the threads, just not visible for some very strange reason.

academic punk
03-30-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
The servers tech support is on it, but i wouldn't hold my breath on them returning any time soon.
All i know for sure is that the issue has been addressed and they are still in the threads, just not visible for some very strange reason.

Wait...are the pictures gone or are they in a minimally existant state?

Moreso, did the pictures make a written request not to be revived? Or are we just going on testimony from the husband (who's already gotten a new photo album and has moved on with his memorabilia)?

Cathedral
03-30-2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by academic punk

Moreso, did the pictures make a written request not to be revived? Or are we just going on testimony from the husband (who's already gotten a new photo album and has moved on with his memorabilia)?

LMMFAO, that was funny, in a morbid kind of way, but still made me laugh loudly.

Ally_Kat
03-30-2005, 01:18 AM

Post of the night!

Cathedral
03-30-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Post of the night!

Agreed, now i can go to bed... :) *nitey nite*

academic punk
03-30-2005, 12:13 PM
Rereading it now, I wish I'd said "webmaster" instead of "husband".

ah well...still, if it made y'all smile, it did it's job.

Cathedral
03-30-2005, 01:35 PM
Job well done, AP..... ;)
The husband slant was better though, in my humbled opinion anyway.

tomballin
03-30-2005, 04:45 PM

Baaawaaa, stoned cold killer post AP!

Question: This site is hosted by Everyone's Internet (EV1), in Houston, Texas. So is Cat saying EV1 is having a problem, as that company is huge, with over 170,000 hosting clients?

BrownSound1
03-30-2005, 06:44 PM
This message board always has had "quirks" with the database. Sometimes you will post a regular post, with no attachment, and then it will just fucking disappear the next day. We really need an upgrade to the latest version...and Sarge is working on that. However these types of upgrades will take some time to test and implement. Plus with the head man being up to his ass in camels and sand it could be an even longer wait. Cat is right, the pictures are here but they aren't HERE. No one knows exactly why this is happening, but we do know it is a problem. The fix is upgrading to the new version of the board.

tomballin
03-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
This message board always has had "quirks" with the database. Sometimes you will post a regular post, with no attachment, and then it will just fucking disappear the next day. We really need an upgrade to the latest version...and Sarge is working on that. However these types of upgrades will take some time to test and implement. Plus with the head man being up to his ass in camels and sand it could be an even longer wait. Cat is right, the pictures are here but they aren't HERE. No one knows exactly why this is happening, but we do know it is a problem. The fix is upgrading to the new version of the board.

Thanks BrownSound1, this makes much more sense to me.

I have noticed several times, the problem seems to be the software related, but was not sure.

I don't know about R.A.'s Forum software, but understood it was better than on other VH related sites, particularly www.vhlinks.com, when they got nailed with that virus-worm, that targeted a know exploit in particular versions of Forum software, using Google to search for these sites.

A lot of sites got hit by that virus-worm three months ago, including www.classicvanhalen.com, but they were backed-up, unlike VHLinks.

Thanks for you time and feedback.

Roth On
Tomba