PDA

View Full Version : ip address

franksters
03-29-2005, 11:16 PM
How can you get the ip address of somebody on this site?

is it possible?

Ally_Kat
03-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Mods and Webbies

tomballin
03-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Yes, and IP Addresses and IP information should NEVER be posted on this site by Webbies or Mods without due cause, imo.

Other site's I am involved, would ban a Mod doing something like this, but here is seems to be condoned.

Ally_Kat
03-29-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by tomballin
without due cause, imo.

And what do you consider due cause?

Nickdfresh
03-30-2005, 02:43 AM
Yes, and IP Addresses and IP information should NEVER be posted on this site by Webbies or Mods without due cause, imo.

Other site's I am involved, would ban a Mod doing something like this, but here is seems to be condoned.

Agreed, but I have only ever once seen somebody's IP, and he/it doesn't count (JOE THUNDER).

tomballin
03-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
And what do you consider due cause?

Spoofing or hacking the site.

franksters
03-30-2005, 06:42 PM
So how can a member verify my ip address? I guess that when they say that they did it's all bullshit, they are just lying...

LoungeMachine
03-30-2005, 06:45 PM
Post on the Roth Army Wall and it is displayed fr all to see.....

franksters
03-30-2005, 06:48 PM
sorry lounge but where is that wall???

thanks for your quick response

franksters
03-30-2005, 06:50 PM
i found it sorry...

franksters
03-30-2005, 06:51 PM
is that the only way, what if you never post overthere?

BrownSound1
03-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Someone is yanking your chain, but feel free to PM me about who and what was said.

Seshmeister
03-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by franksters
is that the only way, what if you never post overthere?

Some people have friends in low places...:)

LoungeMachine
03-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister

ouch:D

tomballin
03-30-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by franksters
So how can a member verify my ip address? I guess that when they say that they did it's all bullshit, they are just lying...

Interesting.

Hey frankster, for all practical purposes, anything you post on the Internet is about as private as writing it on a bathroom wall, including your IP address and everything else.

Anyone, with knowledge, can packet sniff a site and get anything they want.

It is one of the reasons I, and others, go through public proxy servers, in order to protect my personal server and computers, from the occasional abusive member or Mod flakes you encounter from time to time, on any Forum Board.

It’s also the reason I busted ex-Moderator Lou for fucking with my IP address info, and exposing information about it at this site. And it was not the first time I have seen this happen around here.

Lou was making up all this bullshit, not knowing I have never posted to this site, without going through a public proxy server, and that was the information he was seeing, when he started fucking with me and tracing it, FOR NO REASON. When I got a PM, from another Mod, he was doing this, I also started spoofing my MAC address, just to stick it up the clown’s rear, and nail him.

The problem I have with disclosing IP addresses and info on a public Forum, and why it should never be tolerated, is because if an asshole internet jerk has your IP information, they can hit you with viruses, and all sorts of stuff to totally destroy your computer or server, anytime they want. If you are logging-on from work, they can hit your employer, and get you in trouble with a bunch of bullshit.

Just my 3 cents

Roth On
Tomba

blonddgirl777
03-30-2005, 08:31 PM
All I can say about this I.P. tracing, is that it must not be accurate all the time because I have been harassed about being from Ontario when I really am from M.T.L., QC.

And "Bell Sympatico High Speed" has its tracing cards in Ontario eaven if it diserves both On. and Qc. provinces...

But why would we care about all that? If we where going to tell our own identities, we would simply give each other our home adress & phone numbers!

I guess some people really want to know more about others than their postings?

GAR
03-30-2005, 08:32 PM

Some people have access in inaccessible codespaces, by fault of vboard design.

tomballin
03-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by GAR
Some people have access in inaccessible codespaces, by fault of vboard design.

Some people need one of these lil' gems:

http://img126.exs.cx/img126/3087/radonorbar8yw.jpg

Would look pretty sporty on you GAR,...me think.

Panamark
04-01-2005, 12:29 AM
IP numbers are a load of crap.

tomballin
04-01-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
IP numbers are a load of crap.

Thank you.

Nickdfresh
04-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Some people need one of these lil' gems:

http://img126.exs.cx/img126/3087/radonorbar8yw.jpg

Would look pretty sporty on you GAR,...me think.

Tomballin At Work (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/stfu.php)

twonabomber
04-01-2005, 02:50 PM
beautiful.

Big Troubles
04-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by blonddgirl777
All I can say about this I.P. tracing, is that it must not be accurate all the time because I have been harassed about being from Ontario when I really am from M.T.L., QC.

And "Bell Sympatico High Speed" has its tracing cards in Ontario eaven if it diserves both On. and Qc. provinces...

But why would we care about all that? If we where going to tell our own identities, we would simply give each other our home adress & phone numbers!

9/10 people don't have a life and use this threat of "I'll trace your IP" as somewhat of a power struggle. To me these guys are the same ones that jerk off to their own posts. ;)

Jesterstar
04-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles
9/10 people don't have a life and use this threat of "I'll trace your IP" as somewhat of a power struggle. To me these guys are the same ones that jerk off to their own posts. ;)

They also post fake pictures of themselves on the internet and cry when people pick on the...............Fag.

Dan
04-01-2005, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by blonddgirl777

Well I have just had breakfast and a cup of tea.

tomballin
04-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Tomballin At Work (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/stfu.php)

Isss besaaa goud ****** slave boss NDF - Tomba.

===Roth Notes===

I understand some of the Sheep Pen bros are trying to get Nickdfresh, into a 12 Step and methadone program.

Mr. #1 daily volume poster out of 12,651 members at Roth Army. Shite NDF needs to me donating monthly, baawaa!

http://img148.exs.cx/img148/3009/ndftop108py.jpg

Big Troubles
04-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Jesterstar
They also post fake pictures of themselves on the internet and cry when people pick on the...............Fag.

go fuck yourself jester. You are not that important around here or the other 14 message boards you spam daily. Seriously, I think you are just trying to fit in and that's ok. Most kids will attempt this several times before they are accepted as their peers.

OWNED. :D Man that felt good.

Anonymous
04-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Agreed, but I have only ever once seen somebody's IP, and he/it doesn't count (JOE THUNDER).

IT.

Cheers! :bottle:

Nickdfresh
04-02-2005, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Big Troubles

I for one enjoy masturbating to my posts! Why do you think I post so much!:D

Nickdfresh
04-02-2005, 01:30 AM

===Roth Notes===

I understand some of the Sheep Pen bros are trying to get Nickdfresh, into a 12 Step and methadone program.

Mr. #1 daily volume poster out of 12,651 members at Roth Army. Shite NDF needs to me donating monthly, baawaa!

http://img148.exs.cx/img148/3009/ndftop108py.jpg

I donate my time! With the site content I've provided, SARGE ought to send ME some fucking money!

Tom. Seriously, take it easy on the Donation Nazi routine.;) :D

Nickdfresh
04-02-2005, 03:58 AM

===Roth Notes===

HAHAHA! What a knee slapper TOM! Brilliant comedy!

Clever TOM, is that the best you've got? If it is, GOD help you. You're going to need better if you go to war with me. Do you want to start a war with me TOM?

By the way, TOMBALLSACK, you may want to cuntsider changing your sig, your lame attempts to attack me are stupid, not funny, and show a profound lack of creativity! And you KNOW WHY I made this post TOM! You know it! Honestly TOM, this is just a very friendly word of warning out of reverence, since you were marginally useful in the effort to OWN LOU...You might not want to fuck with me TOM.

You have until Monday to remove your lame-ass gay cut and paste sig, or I will own you so fucking bad TOM, that you will stop posting here. I guarantee that TOM. I have a lot of "IP" information on you, so kindly drop the bullshit, or I will make you look like a steamy pile of shit in front of the entire ROTH ARMY. And follow you other places as well,;) you know, STALKING! a tactic you are so fond of and like to do. You know what I mean TOM?;)

tomballin
04-02-2005, 04:43 AM
Now this was a mature, and well thought out post NDF, baawaa!

Congrats NDF, you out did yourself here, chief.

Oh, and thank you kindly NDF for sending me the courtesy PM on your insightful post.

Your Dear Friend,
Tomba

HAHAHA! What a knee slapper TOM! Brilliant comedy!

Clever TOM, is that the best you've got? If it is, GOD help you. You're going to need better if you go to war with me. Do you want to start a war with me TOM?

By the way, TOMBALLSACK, you may want to cuntsider changing your sig, your lame attempts to attack me are stupid, not funny, and show a profound lack of creativity! And you KNOW WHY I made this post TOM! You know it! Honestly TOM, this is just a very friendly word of warning out of reverence, since you were marginally useful in the effort to OWN LOU...You might not want to fuck with me TOM.

You have until Monday to remove your lame-ass gay cut and paste sig, or I will own you so fucking bad TOM, that you will stop posting here. I guarantee that TOM. I have a lot of "IP" information on you, so kindly drop the bullshit, or I will make you look like a steamy pile of shit in front of the entire ROTH ARMY. And follow you other places as well,;) you know, STALKING! a tactic you are so fond of and like to do. You know what I mean TOM?;)

Nickdfresh
04-02-2005, 04:45 AM
Now this was a mature, and well thought out post NDF, baawaa!

Congrats NDF, you out did yourself here, chief.

Oh, and thank you kindly NDF for sending me the courtesy PM on your insightful post.

Your Dear Friend,
Tomba

Why are you posting my PM douchebag? I already posted it above you! Pay attention TOM!

Nickdfresh
04-02-2005, 04:53 AM
Now this was a mature, and well thought out post NDF, baawaa![quote]

Really? HA! We'll show the ROTH ARMY some MATURE well thought out posts you troll CUNT!

[quote]Congrats NDF, you out did yourself here, chief.

Cuntgradulations TOMBALLSUCK, you've fucked yourself GUNSL..er...MOTHERFUCKER!!

Oh TOM! Don't even go there! You PM your posts to everyone you fucking fool! Then you make the SAME post in multiple threads! Hey, why don't you post my next PM? Buhuhawhawhaw...! You won't you piece of human fly-shit!

Your Dear Friend,
Tomba

Friend TOM? Is that a lame attempt at irony? I think you mean lying troll!

Nickdfresh
04-02-2005, 05:15 AM
Alright it's over! TOMBALLIN is cool! Nobody fucks with him! Except me!:D

twonabomber
04-02-2005, 10:07 AM
over, in less than an hour? damn. i had popcorn ready.

Nickdfresh
04-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by twonabomber
over, in less than an hour? damn. i had popcorn ready.

We settle our differences via PM's. Which, incidently, is how more issues should be settled. In any case, I will not mess with Tomballin' any longer.