PDA

View Full Version : Queen+paul Rodgers Begin One Of The Most Eagerly Awaited Tours Of The Year

Shaun Ponsonby
03-31-2005, 06:32 AM
SET LIST...

Q+ PR BRIXTON SET LIST

Reaching Out (Paul Rodgers solo)
Tie Your Mother Down
Little Bit Of Love
I Want To Break Free
Fat Bottomed Girls
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
---------------
Seagull (Paul Rodgers - acoustic guitar and Roger Taylor - bongos)
'39 (Brian May vocals/acoustic)
Love Of My Life (BM vocals/acoustic)
Hammer To Fall (Slow/Fast Version - BM/PR vocals)
---------------
Guitar Solo
Last Horizon
Days Of Our Lives (RT vocals)
Radio Ga Ga (RT vocals)
Can't Get Enough Of Your Love
I'm In Love With My Car (RT vocals)
I Want It All (BM vocals)
It's A Kind Of Magic
Bohemian Rhapsody (Freddie video vocals/PR)
Show Must Go On
---------------
Feel Like Makin' Love
All Right Now
---------------
We Will Rock You
We Are The Champions

The Daily Telegraph
"a remarkable rock-and-roll experience, a daring and potentially disastrous experiment that, most of the time, worked brilliantly. An extraordinary evening that was both a raucous celebration and a respectful memorial. A kind of magic indeed."

The Guardian
**** (out of five)
"May and Taylor were the real deal - the engine of the band as well versed as Mercury in the art of grandiosity. As a one-off, though, a marvellous night than ranks as one of the gigs of the year."

The Daily Star (3/4 page)
"Five minutes into their comeback show any cobwebs are blasted away. Mature members of the rock aristocracy playing together is often awful, but Queen prove they still rock."

The Daily Express (full page)
"Rogers rules as the show goes on for Queen. While Paul Rodgers and Queen are emphatically not Freddie Mercury and Queen, the new group more than did justice to the songs in their repertoire. They will undoubtedly enjoy success and acclaim this summer when they move to playing the kind of huge stadium venues which they rocked so successfully in their heyday."

THE DAILY MIRROR
Queen are back - 19 years after their last gig.

And, of course it takes a brave man to fill Freddie Mercury's shoes.

In many respects replacement Paul Rodgers is the polar opposite.

The ex-Free vocalist was manly where Freddie was camp and more at home in jeans than jumpsuits.

Rodgers was sent out alone on to the stage at the start of the show. It was unclear whether he was there to prove his worth of beg for mercy.

But with the arrival of guitar god Brian My playing Tie Your Mother Down, the battle for hearts and minds was won.

Paul, Tony Blair's favourite singer, substituted lethal mike stand twirling for Freddie's outrageous stage craft. Selections from Paul's own back catalogue, including All Right Now, were blended in alongside Queen favourites Radio Ga Ga and We Will Rock You.

Rodgers soon had the crowd roaring their approval. Technology allowed Freddie's vocals to lead on Bohemian Rhapsody and it was hard to escape his presence all night.

Brian said "Somehow the spirit is still alive. It's partly due to us but it's also due to you, so thanks. I can't believe we're here."

A bumper summer success in stadiums is assured.

flappo
03-31-2005, 07:08 AM
faakin grate

imo there's very few bands that are on the same level as queen

classic vh , the who and zep

not many others

Mr Badguy
03-31-2005, 08:14 AM
Yeah, it sounds cool.

It makes sense when you think that Brian and Roger sing some of the Queen numbers.

It gives the whole thing more validity.

Panamark
03-31-2005, 08:51 AM
They should have taken the biggest knob gobbler since Freddie (George Michael) with them, I hate GM, but I reckon he could nail
a lot of Freddies stuff...

Great to see them back !!

Shaun Ponsonby
03-31-2005, 09:31 AM
Well, Roger Taylor sang 'I'm In Love With My Car' on 'A Night At The Opera', anyway, and Brian sang ''39', as well on the same album.

Do they have to do Radio fucking Ga Ga, though? I would much rather hear some of Brian's solo stuff. Then again, they've got to keep the people who are going despite only owning the 'Platinum Collection' happy and keeping REAL fans like me away from the gig because they bought the tickets before I could and then they fucking sold out. Then, you look on e-bay and find that they are being sold for about £100. Sorry, I'm ranting. God, I love a good rant!!

Hardrock69
03-31-2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah....I always hated Radio GaGa. However, I am fucking stoked that they are touring.

I cannot wait for them to announce US dates!

:)

Mr Badguy
03-31-2005, 03:50 PM
Wot no "Flash"?

bueno bob
03-31-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm still iffy...it's nice that they're doing something together, I suppose, but...

Freddie. It all comes back to Freddie.

Why didn't they just go out as a three piece? I could have gotten behind that a LOT easier... :)

Shaun Ponsonby
04-01-2005, 09:48 AM
2-piece

John Deacon isn't taking part.