X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom Vu
    Banned
    • Oct 2004

Proof that VH w/Sam has credibility.

I'm not starting this post as a Sammy or Dave fan. Like I said many times, I like both guys of them. I'm bringing up this topic to prove that VH with Sammy was naturally progress and mature. So I am being the objection and the fair in this post because I'm going list the ratings of ALL Van Halen albums, bot Dave and Sammy's. This is not my opinion ut the opinion of what people would considerment the authority of the music press, ROLLING STONES MAGAZINE!

So, Dave fans always make fun to the Sam-VH and always say they are loser, failures in music, tours, and singing the music. I get such criticism on this VH site because I say 5150 is VH's peak album and their best one. Not the best of the Sam's album, but David's too and Gary's album also. The follow are the scores for all VH record up until Carnal Knowledge, the Poundcake one:

From 0 stars to 5 stars

Van Halen 3 1/2
    Van Halen II 3
    WACF 3
    Fair Warning 3 1/2
    Diver Down 3 1/2
    1984 4
    5150 4 1/2
    OU812 4
    F.U.C.K. 3 1/2
    Balance 4 1/2 (Tom's score)

See, 5150 ranking the highest comparing to ALL the albums beside the Balance (which would get a 4 or 5 if rated.).

Sam in Van Halen was not a failure at all. They put out many, many hits songs.They win the awards. And now, the icicle on the cakes baby! From the critics who count the most, Rolling Stones magazine ranked Sam/VH albums all higher than the earlier ones. Sam/VH has a better score average per album. And you say the mainstream media think Sam/VH is joke. Well, look at the score. Who is joke now?

Oh, You Ate One Too?!?\m/\m/!!!
  • David Van Via
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

I think you'll find that polls and opinions on Rolling Stone magazine are 90% of the time worth sweet fuck all! And this certainly applies to those scores!
    Rumour has it that Van Halen have continued in recent years with a new lead signer, but since there 1985 breakup, nobody involved has ever recaptured that spontaneous cheeseburger magic!

ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

As soon as you said Rolling Stone. This whole thread lost credibility.
      Just like Van Halen with Hagar did.
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Hollywood Jesus
        Head Fluffer
        • Mar 2004

Yes, Sam and the boys were commercially viable.

Unfortunately, they also are musically irrelevant.
        "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
        "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Comment

• vanzilla
          Veteran
          • Jul 2004

TOP 5 REASONS VH WITH SAM IS BETTER...

5. After the 2004 Reunion Tour, county fair promotors have another band to add to the roster.

4. How much Chrystal Pepsi did Roth sell? - That's what I thought fuckers!!!

3. Van Hagar is fighting the war on terrorism. The U.S. military is blasting 0U812 at Gitmo as we speak.

2. Without Van Hagar, what would Lou play on piano?

1. When It's Love - The Official Theme Song of the Michael Jackson Trial.

Add to that list Van Hagar gives Tom Vue a soundtrack to masturbate to. Tommy, Rolling Stone was praising the fucking Spice Girls back in '97. Wake up and smell the burnt sushi.
          Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

• Vanstonica
            Roadie
            • Jun 2004

Tom, this may the dumbest post I've ever read on this site. Every critic I've ever read has praised VH I. The fact that Rolling Stone gives it 3 and a half stars makes them irrelevant from the start.

Maybe Van Hagar is a big hit in Japan, but the crowds disguised as empty seats here in the US proves which singer the fans prefer.

Comment

• redblkwht
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
              As soon as you said Rolling Stone. This whole thread lost credibility.
              Just like Van Halen with Hagar did.
              Rolling Stone?
              Your kidding right..
              I dont know whos worse MTV or them.lol

EUAS

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: Proof that VH w/Sam has credibility.

Originally posted by Tom Vu
                I'm not starting this post as a Sammy or Dave fan. Like I said many times, I like both guys of them. I'm bringing up this topic to prove that VH with Sammy was naturally progress and mature. So I am being the objection and the fair in this post because I'm going list the ratings of ALL Van Halen albums, bot Dave and Sammy's. This is not my opinion ut the opinion of what people would considerment the authority of the music press, ROLLING STONES MAGAZINE!

So, Dave fans always make fun to the Sam-VH and always say they are loser, failures in music, tours, and singing the music. I get such criticism on this VH site because I say 5150 is VH's peak album and their best one. Not the best of the Sam's album, but David's too and Gary's album also. The follow are the scores for all VH record up until Carnal Knowledge, the Poundcake one:

From 0 stars to 5 stars

Van Halen 3 1/2
                Van Halen II 3
                WACF 3
                Fair Warning 3 1/2
                Diver Down 3 1/2
                1984 4
                5150 4 1/2
                OU812 4
                F.U.C.K. 3 1/2

See, 5150 ranking the highest comparing to ALL the albums beside the Balance (which would get a 4 or 5 if rated.).

Sam in Van Halen was not a failure at all. They put out many, many hits songs.They win the awards. And now, the icicle on the cakes baby! From the critics who count the most, Rolling Stones magazine ranked Sam/VH albums all higher than the earlier ones. Sam/VH has a better score average per album. And you say the mainstream media think Sam/VH is joke. Well, look at the score. Who is joke now?

Comment

• academic punk
                  Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

From the all-music guide...

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&searchlink=VAN|HALEN&uid=MIW010503311104&sql=11:tfjx7i48g7xr~T2

Take what you will from it...

Comment

• moose
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

The only thing that Rolling Stone rag is good for is for use at the bottom of a "bird cage"

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Notice how tards like this start these stupid threads and then say nothing in response.

Attention whore.

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

Come on Vu, try and keep up to date.
                        The main stream press has done NOTHING but bash van hagar as of late. ROLLING STONE recently refered to the ched rocker as "The less-talented VH singer."HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

posted: 09-15-2004 at 07:51 PM
                        Blender Slams Hagar Again!!!! Profile Pm Email Search Buddy IP

UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!!!! BLENDER is batting 1000% right now!!!
                        Oct. 2004 Blender magazine review

SAMMY HAGAR
                        The Essential RED Collection*
                        Thirty years of mediocrity from the Cali-rock bozo.

BLENDER has not been kind to either Spam or Ga Y Cherone!

Next time, just get a room with Spam. The rest of us DON'T need to see it!

Comment

• Don Corleone
                          Veteran
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by vanzilla
                          When It's Love - The Official Theme Song of the Michael Jackson Trial.
                          I thought the Official Theme was Can You Feel It? by The Jacksons
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• 75 cent
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2005

Re: Proof that VH w/Sam has credibility.

Originally posted by Tom Vu

From 0 stars to 5 stars

Van Halen 3 1/2
                            Van Halen II 3
                            WACF 3
                            Fair Warning 3 1/2
                            Diver Down 3 1/2
                            1984 4
                            5150 4 1/2
                            OU812 4
                            F.U.C.K. 3 1/2

Somebody needs to cap dis chink!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Tom Vu, sorry to break the news to ya pal, but Rolling Stone means as much as a lame comic book aimed at 2-year-olds.

Typically, if Rolling Stone loves a band, there must be something wrong with that band.

All the greatest bands in history were trashed by Rolling Stone's writers.

Comment

Working...