X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Going to Debris Inc.

Debris Inc. is a "new" band about to release their debut this month on Candlelight USA/Rise Above Records...basically, Debris Inc is the brainchild of ex Trouble bassist Ron Holzner, teamed up with Dave Chandler (founder/guitarist of doom legends Saint Vitus).

Ever since Vitus split in 1995, I've had this huge, empty hole in my gut where traditional doom lived at. Of course, Vitus had trouble selling more than 50 seats a night, usually, during their run, but that's what dooms all about, hee hee The underground....

Anyway, I'm going to see them at a TINY little club called the Ash Street Saloon on April 23rd; hoping to get all my Vitus shit signed by Dave (eBay values doubled, haha!!) before or after the concert, so...should be cool.

So, if you're into drunken stoner hippy happy gloom 'n' doom with a tad of punk/hardcore inspiration in it, you really should check out Debris Inc whenever you can...Dave Chandler is a MONSTER of heavy riffs and second in my mind only to Tony Iommi himself...Cathedral be damned, Chandler's the boss!

Doom on, kids!
    Twistin' by the pool.
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Right on dude. I remember somehow getting Trouble's first album in 1991 and was amazed at the similarity between it and Black Sabbath's Volume 4.

It was some pretty kickass shit!

Comment

Working...