PDA

View Full Version : what's the most purchase-worthy Robert Plant album or RP greatest hits collection?

Marlowe01
04-04-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan and I hear a lot about Plant's solo stuff but I've never really heard much. I figure I'd ask the guys from the age range who grew up with it.

academic punk
04-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Timbuktu to 66 cam eout last year, and it's pretty good, covers most everything you'd want.

The thing is, his first couple (Pictures at 11 and Principle of Moments) are pretty laid back affairs, very mellow, and not real catchy (by design, Plant has said he wanted music that wasn't so dependent on hooks and riffs).

Little by Little is a real good 80s album, influenced by new wave and whatnot. It's sort of the bridge between the free-form of the first two and...

Now and Zen, where Plant bridges where he currently is at with his legacy with Zep. Some really good stuff, but the produciton has dated it a bit.

Manic Nirvana has some GREAT stuff on it, this is the one I'd go for if I wanted one album aside from the compilation.

Fate of nations has some good stuff, I think all the best of it is on the comp.

Didn't really love Dreamland.

I'd either get the comp or...eh, I'd get the comp.

bueno bob
04-04-2005, 10:29 PM
With Plant's solo stuff, I was never really into it...I thought "Tall Cool One" was probably the biggest steaming pile of shit I heard that year on the radio period...honestly, I'd vote Manic Nirvana also, either that or I'd go to kazaa or winmx and download a bunch of various shit and save yourself the money...but that's another can of worms right there, I suppose...

Bill Lumbergh
04-05-2005, 01:27 AM
My personal faves are Principle of Moments and Fate of Nations. The rest is a mixed bag............I agree with Bob though, the entire Now and Zen album is shit.

Rikk
04-05-2005, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
My personal faves are Principle of Moments and Fate of Nations. The rest is a mixed bag............I agree with Bob though, the entire Now and Zen album is shit.

Shut up, BILL. I hate you so much, it makes me so angry.:mad:

Bill Lumbergh
04-05-2005, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
Shut up, BILL. I'm SO sick of being owned by you, I could just spit out the jizz that's already in my mouth!

Rikk
04-05-2005, 02:23 AM
:p

The PEN is going to have a mid-week meeting for its discipline problems. BOB has been putting forward the idea of cutting your nuts off for some time now, BILL.

wombattt
04-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Robert Plant is a hippie singer who got into a kick-ass band, or the kick-ass band form 1968-1977 (In Through the Out Door was too much of a departure)

Pictures at 11
Principle of Moments...both are good albums with good/and some great songs; however, both sound really dated and suffer from lack of remastering.

Shaken & Stirred
Now & Zen
Manic Nirvana...all evidence of over indulgence of drugs and belief of sycophants that surround the artist...(see every VH release after 1984)

Fate of Nations
Dreamland...both very earthy aged hippie albums. some good songs, but the mood is drastically different. If your unsure, then these are releases to avoid.

Robert Plant is a good artist, and he has the most commercially successful post-Zep career; but (to paraphrase an old groopie) he ain't no Robert Plant (translation...if you looking for Zep type stuff....stick with Zep.)

Matt White
04-06-2005, 11:43 PM
PICTURES AT ELEVEN

BEST SOLO BOB PLANT

THANK YOU

ALinChainz
04-06-2005, 11:49 PM
Pictures and Principle.

Period.