Hunter thompson proves there CAN be dignity in death!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • academic punk
    Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Hunter thompson proves there CAN be dignity in death!

or something....

Thompson's ashes to be shot from cannon
    'He loved explosions'

DENVER, Colorado (AP) -- Hunter S. Thompson's ashes will be blasted from a cannon mounted inside a 53-foot-high (16.15 meter-high) sculpture of the journalist's "gonzo fist" emblem, his wife said Tuesday.

The cannon shot, planned sometime in August on the grounds of his Aspen-area home, will fulfill the writer's long-cherished wish.

"It's expensive, but worth every penny," Anita Thompson said. "I'd like to have several explosions. He loved explosions."

Thompson, 67, shot himself in the head on February 20 after a long and flamboyant career that produced such new journalism classics as "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" and cast his image as a hard-charging, drug-crazed daredevil.

The cannon shot will be part of a larger public celebration of Thompson's life. Some details remain to be worked out, including the exact date, what kind of cannon will be used and the specifics of the gonzo fist, his wife said.

She said the gonzo fist will be mounted on a 100-foot pillar, making the monument 153 feet (46.63 meters) high. It will resemble Thompson's personal symbol, a fist on an upthrust forearm, sometimes with "Gonzo" emblazoned across it.

Anita Thompson has said the monument will be a permanent fixture on the writer's 100-acre property.

She said planning for the fist has been guided by a video of Thompson and longtime illustrator-collaborator Ralph Steadman, recorded in the late 1970s when they visited a Hollywood funeral home and began mapping out the cannon scheme.

Meanwhile, Playboy magazine this week is publishing an interview with Thompson based on a series of conversations he had with magazine staffer Tim Mohr in December.

In the interview Thompson discusses a range of topics from political freedom to the best kind of snow tires to buy but offers no obvious hints of his impending suicide.

"He was really enthusiastic and full of energy," Mohr told The Associated Press on Monday. Thompson even talked about embarking on a long-term project to expand the Playboy piece into a book, "a guide to life, sort of a handbook," Mohr said.

The interview appears in the magazine's May issue, which hits newsstands Friday.
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Very Nice, A/P

" Buy the ticket, take the Ride" - HST

Gonzo Lives.

[ the fact he did it ON my birthday will ALWAYS freak me out ]

A pilmgrimage to Owl Farm is in order for this member...........
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• academic punk
      Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Knew you'd like this one, LM!

You gotta love a guy who'd blow his brains out, and then stipulate in his will that he wants his wife to blow his remains out of a cannon!

Comment

• Jesterstar
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Hey Lounge Machine your Man HST is actually a cool cat.

He was targeted for assasination because he watched a bunch of senators have sex with children at boheiman grove or another secret location of the Governments secret agenda.
        Seshmeister is such a STUD.........OOOOOOOOOO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/im...cnesbitt_1.jpg

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

The guy died the way he lived.

I just wish I had met him. [although I did write him in my early 20's]

He was a fucking CLASSIC.

Thanks for posting this A/P.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jesterstar
            Hey Lounge Machine your Man HST is actually a cool cat.

Thanks.

Comment

• Jesterstar
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Dude he died because the government wanted him dead.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jesterstar
                Dude he died because the government wanted him dead.
                No,

He died because he had too much pride to "live" in a wheelchair.

Until you offer PROOF otherwise, I'll assume you're just being.........well,.........YOU

Comment

• Jesterstar
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Do research on what he was researching shortly before he died. You see if I tell you.......You wouldn't beleive me anyway.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This isn't gonna be about the latest twist in the GannonGayte story, is it?
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD

BETTER NOT.

If JesterSTOOL tries to tie Guckert, the Fuckert in with HST I'll fucking be pissed.....

Comment

• Jesterstar
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                        I told him to research it. He'll figure it out.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Hunter S. Thompson Predicted His Murder Would Be Labeled "Suicide"

By Drog (Canada), Section United States of America
                          Posted on Mon Apr 4th, 2005 at 10:48:42 AM PST

Every suicide of a famous person is accompanied by the inevitable conspiracy theories that the suicide was really a murder made to look like a suicide. Such is true for the recent suicide of Hunter S. Thompson. But as Wikinews reports, there may actually be reasons to suspect foul play.

Not once but at least twice, Hunter Thompson, the author of "Hey Rube: Blood Sport, the Bush Doctrine, and the Downward Spiral of Dumbness", predicted he would be murdered to shut him up. He also predicted it would be made to look like a suicide. Paul William Roberts, a friend of Thompson and a well known travel writer, received a disturbing phone call from Thompson the very eve of his death. Mr. Roberts reported the phone call as follows:

"Hunter telephoned me on Feb. 19, the night before his death. He sounded scared. It wasn't always easy to understand what he said, particularly over the phone, he mumbled, yet when there was something he really wanted you to understand, you did. He'd been working on a story about the World Trade Center attacks and had stumbled across what he felt was hard evidence showing the towers had been brought down not by the airplanes that flew into them but by explosive charges set off in their foundations. Now he thought someone was out to stop him publishing it: "They're gonna make it look like suicide," he said. "I know how these bastards think."

In Jan. 2003 Thompson gave an interview on KDNK (Colorado) where he made a similar prediction; "Bush is really the evil one here and it is more than just him. We are the Nazis in this game and I don't like it. I am embarrassed and I am pissed off. I mean to say something. I think a lot of people in this country agree with me -...we'll see what happens to me if I get my head cut off next week -- it is always unknown or bushy-haired strangers who commit suicide right afterwards with no witnesses."

In addition, police found something odd about the gun Thompson supposedly used to kill himself. Deputy Ron Ryan said there was a spent shell casing, but there was no bullet in the firing chamber, as there should have been under normal circumstances. Sheriff's officer DiSalvo confirmed this opinion; "I think a bullet from the magazine should have cycled into the chamber".

Thompson died February 20th. The county coroner determined Thompson's death to be a suicide on February 21st. There was no CSI type of crime scene examination.

Sources:

"Hunter Thompson was murdered". Indymedia, March 4, 2005

"Hunter S. Thompson murder conspiracy theories". Backcountry Convervative, March 4, 2005

"New EP Heidner Report on 911 - Hot Trail or Blue Chip Disinfo?". The Seventh Fire, March 12, 2005

"Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005) on the Iraq War & the Bush Presidency". Democracy Now!, February 23, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• academic punk
                            Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Ever consider the possibility that Thompson blew his brains out 'cause Jizzerstar here was e-mailing him on a constant basis?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

IF THE NEO CON BUSHEEP WERE WORRIED ABOUT GONZO, THEY WOULD HAE JUST STARTED ANOTHER IN A LONG LINE OF SMEAR CAMPAIGNS

IT'S THEIR M.O.

Comment

Working...