View Full Version : RED SOX Chatter

Nickdfresh
04-06-2005, 10:03 PM
http://pandaranda.com/pics/boston_redsox_post.jpg
http://www.sportsgalleryweb.com/images/teams/boston_redsox_shadow.gif

Exit Sandman
Red Sox avert sweep with five-run ninth off Rivera

Posted: Wednesday April 6, 2005 4:57PM; Updated: Wednesday April 6, 2005 7:16PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/baseball/mlb/04/06/redsox.yankees.ap/p1.mariano.rivera.ap.jpg
Mariano Rivera
False start: Mariano Rivera has blown two saves in as many appearances this season.
AP

NEW YORK (AP) -- The Boston Red Sox pulled off another comeback against Mariano Rivera, then turned their thoughts to Terry Francona.

Playing without their ailing manager, the Red Sox rallied for five runs off Rivera in the ninth inning -- helped by Alex Rodriguez's costly error -- and beat New York 7-3 Wednesday to avoid a season-opening sweep.

Francona was taken to a hospital in the morning with tightness in his chest. He was resting there comfortably awaiting test results, the team said. Bench coach Brad Mills filled in for him.

"We're just concerned about Tito and what's going on," Mills said. "They're a great bunch of guys, a great bunch of coaches, and they did a great job."

Derek Jeter left the game after he was hit in the helmet by a pitch and was taken to a hospital for a precautionary CT scan. The results were normal and Jeter was expected to play Friday night against Baltimore, the Yankees said.

The teams play three more games next week at Fenway Park beginning with Boston's home opener Monday, when the Red Sox will receive their World Series rings.

"It was a huge win to get us on the board," Boston knuckleballer Tim Wakefield said.

Rodriguez and Tino Martinez homered for the Yankees, who went ahead in the eighth without a hit. Gary Sheffield drove in the tiebreaking run with a sacrifice fly.

Rivera entered in the ninth with a 3-2 lead for the second consecutive day and blew it again. He issued a leadoff walk to Bill Mueller before consecutive singles by Mark Bellhorn and Johnny Damon loaded the bases with none out.

"Even though I walked Mueller, I made my pitches," Rivera said. "After that, I was getting groundballs that were going through the holes. There's nothing you can do against that. I'm fine."

After Trot Nixon struck out, Manny Ramirez hit a routine grounder to Rodriguez at third. He should have been able to get at least a force play at the plate and possibly a game-ending double play, but he bobbled the ball and the tying run scored.

"When I went down with two hands, I think I locked myself up," Rodriguez said. "I was going to go to second before the bobble. Then I knew I still had Bill Mueller at home, but then I bobbled it again."

David Ortiz drove in the go-ahead run with a dribbler to the right side, and Edgar Renteria made it 6-3 with a two-run single.

After walking Doug Mirabelli, Rivera was lifted -- a rare sight. He walked off the mound to a healthy dose of boos, but he thought those must have come from Red Sox fans.

"I think it's inexcusable if the boos were from Yankee fans because they wouldn't be crawling all over themselves to get into this ballpark if it weren't for him," New York manager Joe Torre said.

Pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre had a similar reaction.

"I was very surprised by that. Everything he's done here and in this ballpark, I was shocked. But that's New York," Stottlemyre said.

The final run scored on Felix Rodriguez's wild pitch.

Rivera (1-1) allowed five runs -- one earned -- and three walks in two-thirds of an inning. He also gave up three hits and threw 38 pitches.

"I don't want to say he lost his cool, but he definitely lost his command," Stottlemyre said.

The All-Star closer has blown his last four save chances against the Red Sox, including two in the 2004 playoffs, and six opportunities in all against Boston since the start of last season.

He yielded Jason Varitek's tying homer in the ninth on Tuesday, but Jeter bailed out Rivera with a game-winning homer in the bottom half.

"Yesterday's game had nothing to do with today," Rivera said.

Mike Timlin (1-0) got two outs for the win. His first pitch hit Jeter in the left shoulder and then deflected off his ear flap, knocking Jeter's helmet off and sending him sprawling to the dirt.

He remained in the game to run the bases, but was replaced at shortstop by Rey Sanchez in the ninth.

"He heard some ringing in his ears. He felt a little woozy," Torre said. "Timlin wasn't trying to hit him. He was just trying to rush a little, and his ball was all over the place."

The Red Sox got a strong outing from Wakefield, who allowed only three hits in 6 2/3 innings -- including solo homers by Rodriguez and Martinez.

Making his first start of the year, Mike Mussina gave up nine hits but worked out of trouble. Helped by three double plays, he limited the Red Sox to two runs in six innings.

Kevin Millar's two-run single gave Boston the lead in the fourth.

Rodriguez homered to center in the bottom half, his first of the season. Martinez tied it at 2 when he connected in the fifth, his first since returning to the Yankees. A fan favorite in New York while winning four World Series titles from 1996-01, Martinez got a huge ovation and popped out of the dugout for a curtain call.

Notes: Millar left in the sixth with a cramp in his left knee but is not expected to miss any time. After going 3-for-3, he was replaced by David McCarty. ... Boston outhit the Yankees 14-4. ... The Red Sox have not been swept in a three-game series to start the season since 1996 at Texas.

Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Dave's PA Rental
04-06-2005, 10:35 PM
You want Red Sox chatter? I'll give you Red Sox chatter...stay tuned

Warham
04-06-2005, 10:50 PM
The Red Sox have David Wells. That's scary enough.

Nickdfresh
04-09-2005, 10:32 AM
Is this DAVE'S PA RENTAL's kid welcoming the NY YANKEES to town?

http://www.emersontorrey.com/images/managed/Red%20Sox%20fan.jpg

Dave's PA Rental
04-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Is this DAVE'S PA RENTAL's kid welcoming the NY YANKEES to town?

http://www.emersontorrey.com/images/managed/Red%20Sox%20fan.jpg

That's fucking funny shit!

Check this thread tomorrow night for opening day pictures...

Bob_R
04-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
That's fucking funny shit!

Check this thread tomorrow night for opening day pictures...

I'll be here. :D

guwapo_rocker
04-11-2005, 02:32 PM
:D

guwapo_rocker
04-11-2005, 04:15 PM
4-0 Sox bottom of the third....

guwapo_rocker
04-11-2005, 04:39 PM
6-1 sox in the 4th!!

guwapo_rocker
04-11-2005, 04:40 PM
7-1

Warham
04-11-2005, 05:00 PM
Red Sox are crankin' right now.

Nickdfresh
04-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Red Sox are crankin' right now.

You know, they're such slow starters. But I think the Sox will go on a nice run here hopefully.

Roguesgirl
04-11-2005, 05:41 PM
You know, they're such slow starters. But I think the Sox will go on a nice run here hopefully.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/downloads/wallpaper/better_640x480.jpg

Dave's PA Rental
04-11-2005, 10:17 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/browncorduroy99/opening%20day%2005/65a739b9.jpg

Oh yeah!...

Dave's PA Rental
04-11-2005, 10:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/browncorduroy99/opening%20day%2005/e768d2f4.jpg

Dave's PA Rental
04-11-2005, 10:20 PM
not the best stills...these were taken from the video that I shot today...

Dave's PA Rental
04-11-2005, 10:21 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/browncorduroy99/opening%20day%2005/b7d7aea3.jpg

Dave's PA Rental
04-12-2005, 06:28 AM
my bandwidth at photobucket got exceeded...no pics for a while

Bob_R
04-12-2005, 07:33 AM
The Yankees showed incredible class by standing on their dugout steps and appaulding during the ceremony.

I heard Damon and I believe it was Millar compliment them for that.

Dave's PA Rental
04-12-2005, 03:16 PM
I will complement them as well...and the way Mariano Rivera reacted to the 'Bronx' cheer when he was introduced...he 'gets it'...

Great day all around

ALinChainz
04-14-2005, 11:38 PM
Boston 8, NY Yankees 5

By HOWARD ULMAN, AP Sports Writer

April 14, 2005

BOSTON (AP) -- The New York Yankees got into another scuffle with fans on a testy night at Fenway Park. This time, Gary Sheffield was in the middle of it.

Sheffield was fielding Jason Varitek's two-run triple along the right-field fence in the eighth inning of Boston's 8-5 victory Thursday night when a fan swung a short uppercut in his direction, appearing to graze the side of the slugger's face with his right arm.

``I just felt something hit me in the mouth,'' Sheffield said. ``I don't know if he hit me or not, it felt like it. I thought my lip was busted.''

After Sheffield picked up the ball, he shoved the fan before throwing the ball back to the infield. Another fan tossed a beer at Sheffield, who whirled around with a cocked fist but restrained himself.

He shouted in the face of the first man -- but did not throw a punch. A security official quickly jumped over the three-foot wall to separate the two.

``It could have been worse if I didn't hold my composure,'' Sheffield said. ``I almost snapped, but the thing is I thought about the consequences.''

The fan was ejected from the ballpark but not arrested.

``It's just a baseball game,'' Sheffield said. ``To get punched in the mouth, you don't expect that in a baseball game.''

During the 2003 AL playoffs, two Yankees players got into a brawl with a Red Sox groundskeeper in New York's bullpen.

Relief pitcher Jeff Nelson and outfielder Karim Garcia were charged with assault but agreed to a deal last October that called for the charges against them to be dropped in six months.

The near-fight between Sheffield and the Boston fan Thursday night was the latest problem between fans and players at a sporting event.

On Nov. 19, players and fans exchanged punches in the stands near the end of a Pacers-Pistons game in one of the worst brawls in NBA history. The mayhem left several people injured and prompted a police investigation.

Last September, the Texas Rangers got into a fight with fans in Oakland, and Rangers reliever Frank Francisco was arrested after throwing a chair into the stands that hit a woman and broke her nose.

Edgar Renteria's RBI double in the eighth broke a 5-5 tie, and Boston took two of three from its rival to even the season series at three games apiece.

Randy Johnson gave up three homers for only the 12th time in his career, and Red Sox manager Terry Francona and hitting coach Ron Jackson were ejected after questioning calls by plate umpire Greg Gibson.

Johnson left with the score 5-5 after seven innings and Tom Gordon (0-1) fell behind before getting an out. Johnny Damon led off the eighth with a single and scored on a double by Renteria, who had made the last out for St. Louis in Boston's sweep of last year's World Series.

After an intentional walk to David Ortiz, Varitek hit a ball down the right-field line that hugged the curved wall and led to all the trouble.

``We have to give Sheffield a lot of credit,'' Damon said, ``for him to restrain himself the way he did.''

Varitek's two-run triple gave the Red Sox an 8-5 lead.

Sheffield led off the ninth with a double off the Green Monster and the Yankees loaded the bases before Keith Foulke (1-1) ended the game by getting Ruben Sierra to foul out to catcher Varitek, who made a nice catch on a difficult play near the stands.

Renteria, Jay Payton and Varitek all homered in the first four innings off Johnson. Hideki Matsui drove in three runs for the Yankees with a single and a double as the teams wrapped up a nine-game stretch in which they faced each other six times.

The last time Johnson allowed three homers was Aug. 15 against Atlanta.

New York took a 5-4 lead in a four-run fourth, when Bronson Arroyo issued three walks.

One of them led to the ejection of Jackson, who was upset after Gibson called a bases-loaded, 3-2 pitch to Sheffield a ball. Francona rushed out of the dugout to argue and Jackson, who followed, was restrained by several Boston coaches.

Matsui followed with a two-run single and Alex Rodriguez put the Yankees ahead with an RBI single.

Varitek's third homer of the season tied it in the fourth. But with two outs and a 2-1 count on Bill Mueller, a pitch that appeared to be low and inside was called a strike by Gibson. That brought Francona out of the dugout again and he also was ejected.

Francona returned to the team Monday from a four-game absence after undergoing tests for tightness in his chest that team physician Dr. Thomas Gill said probably was caused by a viral illness.

Notes

Arroyo allowed runners in scoring position in each of the first four innings. ... Johnson had at least one strikeout in each of his seven innings.

Dave's PA Rental
04-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Sold some Poweraid to Johnny Damon's wife behind home plate today...

Dave's PA Rental
04-17-2005, 10:06 PM
She is smokin', but she has WAY too much makeup on...her whole face is painted. Shows up nice in pictures, but from two feet away, its too noticeable...

Nickdfresh
04-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Wow! She sure doesn't need it!

Dave's PA Rental
04-17-2005, 10:10 PM
I have to be at Fenway at 8am tomorrow morining...

Dave's PA Rental
04-17-2005, 10:10 PM
...got Curt Schilling's autograph yesterday...

tjvhou812
04-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
The Yankees showed incredible class by standing on their dugout steps and appaulding during the ceremony.

I heard Damon and I believe it was Millar compliment them for that.

it dont matter, becuase the yankee's still suck

DiamondGirl69
04-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Who came up with "Red Sox Nation"? My friend and I who are long time Red Sox fans have debated this for a long time! She says that it started in the 1920's and I say it's a phrase Boston fans came up with during the resurgence of baseball success in Bean Town. Any life long fans know the real answer and proof?

larry
04-22-2005, 10:57 PM
How many more games are we gonna let Alan Embree blow, thats 2 this week.

tjvhou812
04-29-2005, 09:25 PM
yankee's suck

tjvhou812
05-29-2005, 03:13 AM
red sox bitch slaped the yankee's 2day

17-1 damn that must have hurt

tjvhou812
05-29-2005, 11:02 PM
7-2 res sox over the yanks. bottom 8th

Fairwrning
05-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Feel the wrath of the mighty ORIOLES !!!!

seriously...Dave's Pa Rental..dude..can you get Tejada to sign something ..i will gladly pay what it takes to get it here..a baseball perhaps??

Fairwrning
05-30-2005, 08:06 PM
GRAND SLAM NEWHAN..7-0 baaaby!!!

tjvhou812
05-31-2005, 09:44 PM
5-1 sox top 8

sox vs baltimore

tjvhou812
05-31-2005, 10:10 PM
5-1 sox final over the O's

Nickdfresh
05-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
red sox bitch slaped the yankee's 2day

17-1 damn that must have hurt

That was quite the thrashing the YANKS received!

Bob_R
05-31-2005, 11:02 PM
That was quite the thrashing the YANKS received!

Yeah, yeah, yeah that was yesterday. :p ;)

Fairwrning
06-01-2005, 07:45 PM
let's talk today...home run Tejada...4-0 birds...ONFIIIRREEE!!

Fairwrning
06-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Sosa ..back -to- back...say it together one time..."On FIIREEE!!"

5-0;)

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 08:00 PM
Yo wrning...how long before the Orioles start to bite ass?

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 08:00 PM
seriously...

Fairwrning
06-01-2005, 08:32 PM
lmao..seriously??....

probably just before the all-star break...

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 08:36 PM
I disagree...was hoping you would have some fucking balls you Virginian piece of shit pussy...

;)

Seriously...I love their mix of youth and elders...power and speed on offense...IMO...as good as any in the AL...

I love their young pitchers...especially if Bedard comes off the DL and continues to look like the #1 he was projected as 3 years ago...

if they could snag a wee bit of bullpen help...and IMO...a middle of the road elder pitcher who doesn't beat up judges in bars...

they could make a run...

and getting Clemens would be a snafu...but it won't happen...

Fairwrning
06-01-2005, 09:00 PM
they won't win the division..Boston will..i just hope they hold off the fuckin Yankees...

Fairwrning
06-01-2005, 09:01 PM
and, yeah, it seems every 10 years or so they put together a damn fine team

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 09:05 PM
I don't think Boston will...

I think the AL EAST is much weaker than people think...

I think Boston's offense is overrated...

and their staff sucks ass...

I think the Yanks offense can be awesome...and they have names as starters...but they aren't awesome...probably the best in the league though...

Baltimore may be able to sustain...

Fairwrning
06-01-2005, 09:06 PM
red sox score..red sox score..WHHOOOO.:D

7-1 birds

Fairwrning
06-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Baltimore has been off to so many good starts..then after the break they go downhill..we'll see..they will always be my team..

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 09:12 PM
I seem to remember an 0-21 start...;)

Fairwrning
06-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
I seem to remember an 0-21 start...;)

fuck you;)

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Didn't they either make the playoffs that year...or nearly make the playoffs however?

0 for fucking 21...man that sucks...

I think that start gave old man Ripken cancer...

Fairwrning
06-01-2005, 10:48 PM
i can't remember them being 0-21 honestly...that is horrible

POJO_Risin
06-01-2005, 11:02 PM
I know they were predicted to be pretty good that year...and I'm pretty sure that it was during the Ripken Sr. years...

lmfao dude...why WOULD you remember that...

it may have been 0-23...

but for some reason...21 is sticking in my head...I think the record before that was 17...

VHdamaco
06-02-2005, 02:19 AM
speaking of the o's...

im trying to remember, ripken jr got a ring right?

i want to say he did but am not sure...

rather ask you guys than look it up (why, im not sure, but you guys would know as well)

Fairwrning
06-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by VHdamaco
speaking of the o's...

im trying to remember, ripken jr got a ring right?

i want to say he did but am not sure...

rather ask you guys than look it up (why, im not sure, but you guys would know as well)

i believe he was the skipper in 83..last time they went to the world series..Billy ripken may have been on that team as well

Fairwrning
06-02-2005, 12:20 PM
sorry... Ripken Jr has a ring...i was thinking of senior

VHdamaco
06-02-2005, 12:23 PM
thanks

Fairwrning
06-02-2005, 12:28 PM
no problem..just went to double check..Cal Jr. was there from 81-01...Billy ripken wasn't on world series team..neither was Sr.

POJO_Risin
06-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Sr. wasn't a coach on that team?...or a scout? I'm sure he was...

and Weaver was at the helm...

Fairwrning
06-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Sr. wasn't a coach on that team?...or a scout? I'm sure he was...

and Weaver was at the helm...

you're right...3rd base coach i believe

VHdamaco
06-02-2005, 06:00 PM
fucking ortiz...

fucking full count and two outs in the bottom of the ninth, what hte fuck does he do...

walk off homer...

what a bitch...

Dave's PA Rental
06-02-2005, 07:13 PM
Yep, hes a bitch all right.

Dave's PA Rental
06-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by fairwrning
Feel the wrath of the mighty ORIOLES !!!!

seriously...Dave's Pa Rental..dude..can you get Tejada to sign something ..i will gladly pay what it takes to get it here..a baseball perhaps??

Dude, im on the DL for a while...I hurt my knee and havent worked a game in some time...

Ive only gotten one autograph so far this year...Curt Schilling

Dave's PA Rental
06-02-2005, 09:41 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/MAEA10406022105.jpeg

bitch.

tjvhou812
06-03-2005, 09:50 PM
ortiz is the fucking man

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Seriously...75% of that guys home runs seem to be walk of dingers...

why anyone would pitch to that fuck...tie game...bases loaded...fucking walk him so you don't look like a fool when he knocks it to Maine...

POJO_Risin
06-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Man...Boston really blew ass today...

up 5-1...and getting fucking beat 13-6 right now...

ouch...

tjvhou812
06-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Seriously...75% of that guys home runs seem to be walk of dingers...

why anyone would pitch to that fuck...tie game...bases loaded...fucking walk him so you don't look like a fool when he knocks it to Maine...

aint that the truth

tjvhou812
06-13-2005, 10:40 PM
manny is back:D

ben halen
06-22-2005, 10:41 PM
nice comeback tonite!

ben halen
06-24-2005, 11:19 PM
first place!!!

tjvhou812
06-25-2005, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by ben halen
first place!!!

how sweet it is:D

yankees suck

justinj
06-25-2005, 07:21 PM
They ran into the Phillies at the right time. We have no starting pitching and our GM isn't gutsy enough to make a move for a guy like Barry Zito, when we desperately need a lefty starter now that Wolf is gone for the year.

ben halen
06-26-2005, 02:46 PM
OMIFUCKINGOD!!!

Nickdfresh
06-26-2005, 03:29 PM
This is excellent!:D

ben halen
07-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Tough way to hit the break, but still in first place. Long way to go.

VonHalen
07-14-2005, 06:36 PM
a loooooooooooooong way

tjvhou812
07-14-2005, 06:56 PM
time 2 spank the yanks

ben halen
07-14-2005, 11:25 PM
time 2 spank the yanks
We'll get 'em tomorrow! (I hope)

Nickdfresh
07-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Ouch...12-1 in the fifth YANKEE's fans.

tjvhou812
07-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Ouch...12-1 in the fifth YANKEE's fans.

ya gotta love it bro

tjvhou812
07-15-2005, 09:26 PM
grandslam david ortiz

17-1 sox over the yank crankers, in the 6th

ben halen
07-15-2005, 09:35 PM
Sweet!
Hopefully, we'll be talkin about this game in October as the one that turned the season around.
Be nice to see Wells get in a groove. Need someone other than Clement pitching consistently well out of the starting rotation.

Dave's PA Rental
07-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Hopefully, we'll be talkin about this game in October as the one that turned the season around.

Turned the season around? Dude, what part of first place dont you understand? Tampa Bay needs to 'turn their season around', not the Red Sox...

ben halen
07-16-2005, 01:08 AM
Turned the season around? Dude, what part of first place dont you understand? Tampa Bay needs to 'turn their season around', not the Red Sox...
True, but our standards are much higher than T.B. and Sox haven't seemed to click yet this year---what the fuck am I talkin about, we won the fuckin World Series and we're in first place.
Thanks for the reality check!

VHdamaco
07-16-2005, 03:54 AM
but the orioles are still hanging around, once javy and bedard come back (and hopefully the jorge julio for aj burnett deal goes through) the o's i think can make a run at the east crown...

they were the last team not named the yankees to win it...

tjvhou812
07-19-2005, 11:11 PM
sox back on top

the yankee's suck

Bob_R
07-19-2005, 11:14 PM
sox back on top

the yankee's suck

You're one of them good sports right? :rolleyes:

tjvhou812
07-20-2005, 06:17 PM
You're one of them good sports right? :rolleyes:

lol..you know it bro

vhzedrocks
07-20-2005, 06:26 PM
6 runs in the first inning and only can get better!!

Dave's PA Rental
07-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Clement got drilled off the side of the head a few innings ago...he was down on the mound for at least ten minutes...

They imobilized his head and took him out on a stretcher...

Last report was that he was conscious and aware of his surroundings...

That was ugly. One of the worst things ive ever seen.

tjvhou812
07-26-2005, 09:09 PM
Clement got drilled off the side of the head a few innings ago...he was down on the mound for at least ten minutes...

They imobilized his head and took him out on a stretcher...

Last report was that he was conscious and aware of his surroundings...

That was ugly. One of the worst things ive ever seen.

i hope he's ok.....

he's been the ace this year...

man that blows.....

keep updating what you find out bro

Dave's PA Rental
07-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Dont you have NESN down there?

And dont I not like you?

tjvhou812
07-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Dont you have NESN down there?

And dont I not like you?

yes, and who cares what you like

just keep me updated

Dave's PA Rental
07-26-2005, 09:20 PM

And dont I not like you?

I was just kidding...;)

Wanted to see what your reaction would be...

No update on Clement yet...

Bob_R
07-26-2005, 10:06 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/3830620_36_2.jpg

Bob_R
07-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Red Sox pitcher Clement hit in head

Posted: 1 hour ago

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Boston Red Sox pitcher Matt Clement was hit in the right side of the head by Carl Crawford's line drive Tuesday night and carried from the field on a stretcher.

Clement remained on the ground and barely moved for about five minutes before he was lifted onto a stretcher and immobilized with a neck brace. Replays showed the force of Crawford's liner knocked the All-Star pitcher completely off his feet.

Matt Clement remained on the ground and barely moved for about five minutes before he was lifted onto a stretcher.

The ball caromed off the back of Clement's head, just behind his right ear, into short left field for an RBI single. Concerned teammates gathered around the fallen pitcher as medical personnel attended to him on the mound. The crowd cheered as he was carried off, but his arms remained strapped across his chest.

Chad Bradford replaced Clement with Boston leading the Tampa Bay Devil Rays 5-1.

Five years ago, Red Sox pitcher Bryce Florie was hit in the right eye by a ball hit by Ryan Thompson of the New York Yankees. The line drive broke several bones in Florie's face and left his vision impaired.

The right-hander tried to come back with Boston the next season but didn't last long and was out of the major leagues by the end of the season. He has not been back since.

Dave's PA Rental
07-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Clement update from NESN broadcast:

He never lost conciousness

Kat-Scan came back negative

Will remain in Tampa hospital overnight for observation

Dave's PA Rental
07-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Manny Delcarmen made his major league debut last inning.

Kid is from West Roxbury (mean-street suburb of Boston...it has its nice parts, too)

I was working for a high school sports web-site when he was drafted in 2000, so it was a pretty big deal where I worked...I've tried to follow his progress...

He throws in the mid 90's and has a 12-6 curve.

Had a 1-2-3 debut...

And I think I just heard that Varitek just went deep to give the Sox the lead...gotta go check that.

Dave's PA Rental
07-26-2005, 10:24 PM
not the lead, but now its 8-7 Tampa...

Dave's PA Rental
07-26-2005, 10:31 PM
TIE GAME!

Nickdfresh
07-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Red Sox pitcher Clement hit in head

Posted: 1 hour ago

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Boston Red Sox pitcher Matt Clement was hit in the right side of the head by Carl Crawford's line drive Tuesday night and carried from the field on a stretcher.

Clement remained on the ground and barely moved for about five minutes before he was lifted onto a stretcher and immobilized with a neck brace. Replays showed the force of Crawford's liner knocked the All-Star pitcher completely off his feet.

Matt Clement remained on the ground and barely moved for about five minutes before he was lifted onto a stretcher.

The ball caromed off the back of Clement's head, just behind his right ear, into short left field for an RBI single. Concerned teammates gathered around the fallen pitcher as medical personnel attended to him on the mound. The crowd cheered as he was carried off, but his arms remained strapped across his chest.

Chad Bradford replaced Clement with Boston leading the Tampa Bay Devil Rays 5-1.

Five years ago, Red Sox pitcher Bryce Florie was hit in the right eye by a ball hit by Ryan Thompson of the New York Yankees. The line drive broke several bones in Florie's face and left his vision impaired.

The right-hander tried to come back with Boston the next season but didn't last long and was out of the major leagues by the end of the season. He has not been back since.

Scary shit man!:confused:

But it sounds like he'll be alright thank God.

tjvhou812
07-26-2005, 10:35 PM
well its up to schilling to keep us in the game

tjvhou812
07-26-2005, 10:42 PM
going in to the 10th

Dave's PA Rental
07-26-2005, 10:43 PM
DAMON!!!!! HOME RUN!!!!

ben halen
Nice catch by Damon!

And a HR!!!!!!!!!

Dave's PA Rental
9-8 SOX!!!!!!!!!

ben halen
07-26-2005, 10:45 PM
I gotta stop watching these games- I'm gonna have a heart attack by the end of the season!

tjvhou812
07-26-2005, 10:47 PM
DAMON!!!!! HOME RUN!!!!

what a game

tjvhou812
07-26-2005, 10:53 PM
10-8

ben halen
07-26-2005, 11:02 PM
C'mon, Schill!

ben halen
07-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Great play, Olerud!!!!!

tjvhou812
07-26-2005, 11:04 PM
we win

ben halen
07-26-2005, 11:06 PM
What a game!!!!

Nickdfresh
07-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Just saw the highlights...Can't get the game. I saw last night's game in New Hampshire though.

tjvhou812
07-26-2005, 11:08 PM
What a game!!!!

what happened to nixon, any word

Dave's PA Rental
07-26-2005, 11:08 PM
One of the craziest games you will EVER see...

ben halen
07-26-2005, 11:11 PM
what happened to nixon, any word

Oblique strain.
Could be out a while.

tjvhou812
07-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Oblique strain.
Could be out a while.

thats not good...we might have to see alot more of mallar

and thats not good

ben halen
07-26-2005, 11:12 PM
One of the craziest games you will EVER see...

I'm emotionally drained. What a roller coaster!

ben halen
07-26-2005, 11:14 PM
thats not good...we might have to see alot more of mallar

and thats not good

Gabe Kapler to the rescue!!

tjvhou812
07-26-2005, 11:39 PM
Gabe Kapler to the rescue!!

hope he's gonna be as ok as last year

guwapo_rocker
07-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Pssssst.....the Blue Jays are coming....shhhhh:D

tjvhou812
07-27-2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
Pssssst.....the Blue Jays are coming....shhhhh:D

do they still have a team:D

guwapo_rocker
07-27-2005, 10:48 PM
do they still have a team:D

They most certainly do my man, watch tonights highlights!!

VHdamaco
07-29-2005, 11:32 AM
anybody else wanna smack the shit out of manny right now?...

wanting to leave bean-town (a perennial contender) and that HUGE fucking contract because "hes not happy..." shit. for 20$ million a year, i'd go out and play in a fucking clown suit...

Igosplut
07-29-2005, 09:16 PM
This is the same shit as the last, what, three years?? What was the AP quote, "He disliked the intrusion into his personal life in Boston" or some such shit.. He better suck it up now while he's still in demand. I seriously doubt he's gonna be the next Arnold, stuttering his accented way through his lines in a movie

Dave's PA Rental
07-29-2005, 11:27 PM
some pictures from tonight's game...

First off...Manny Delcarmen warming up before his first home game as a Boston Red Sox...

Dave's PA Rental
07-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Another Delcarmen...

Dave's PA Rental
07-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Matt Clement throwing before the game...just incredible that he was not hurt more seriously...

Dave's PA Rental
07-29-2005, 11:33 PM
Schilling in the 9th...

tjvhou812
07-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Great pics bro

ben halen
07-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Yeah, very nice pics Dave's PA.

Hey, did you guys hear Manny and Schilling had to be separated by Ortiz the other day?
I just heard it on WEEI.

NightProwler
07-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Baseball DIED with the strike of 1994! Haven't been to or watched a game since!

R.I.P.

At least I'll always have 1984...the Detroit Tigers in first place from opening day until the day they won the World Series!

JOY!

Igosplut
07-30-2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah, very nice pics Dave's PA.

Hey, did you guys hear Manny and Schilling had to be separated by Ortiz the other day?
I just heard it on WEEI.

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/MR_CS_7.11.jpg

This is from the site "Boston Dirt Dogs" (http://www.bostondirtdogs.com/)

Report: Soxers Curt 'Max Schilling' and 'Cinderella Manny' Ramirez Have to Be Separated by Referee David Ortiz After Curt Confronts Manny About Bailing Out on the Team in Time of Need

"Ramirez's insistence that he be given a day off Wednesday as promised, sources indicate, infuriated some teammates and resulted in an angry confrontation between Curt Schilling and Ramirez. Schilling got into a heated argument with Ramirez and David Ortiz had to step in and separate them." -- 7.30 Sean McAdam, Providence Journal

Dave's PA Rental
07-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Let it be known that if you are a Red Sox fan, and WANT to get rid of Manny...you are a moron.

Igosplut
07-30-2005, 06:50 PM
But you have to wonder whats going through his mind. More Money? You think he wants to go to NY (Mets)? Whats he got to gain at this point in time?....

ben halen
07-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Fuck, he's not playing tonight.

Dave's PA Rental
07-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Just in...Manny has been pulled from the lineup...stay tuned...

guwapo_rocker
07-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Ya beat me to it...:D

Dave's PA Rental
07-30-2005, 08:06 PM
word is that Manny is NOT being traded...Francona decided to sit him because of the controversy...

tjvhou812
08-03-2005, 10:08 PM
whats up w/manny is he ok

Dave's PA Rental
08-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Manny is day-to-day with contusions on his chest and face...

He's ok...

tjvhou812
08-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Manny is day-to-day with contusions on his chest and face...

He's ok...

kewl thx 4 the update bro

Bob_R
08-04-2005, 08:45 AM
The captain...

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:0qsh4GzY7KoJ:[url]

Dave's PA Rental
08-04-2005, 12:19 PM
The Captain is a red x?

I guess you cant hot-link to google pics...

kind of takes the teeth out of whatever dis you were trying there, huh EVH...

Bob_R
08-04-2005, 01:38 PM
The Captain is a red x?

I guess you cant hot-link to google pics...

kind of takes the teeth out of whatever dis you were trying there, huh EVH...

No dis at all bro. All is :cool:

Out of the blue you posted a pic of Jeter yesterday. I didn't understand your reference so I figured you'd get a kick out of it if I posted your captain. :D

Bob_R
08-04-2005, 10:23 PM
The captain...

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:0qsh4GzY7KoJ:[url]

OK, the captain...

http://re2.mm-c1.yimg.com/image/1449899217

Dave's PA Rental
08-04-2005, 10:33 PM
the gif of Jeter that I posted was taken from Game 7 as he was having an emotional breakdown when he it sank in that his Yankees were going to lose 4 straight to the Red Sux...games 6 and 7 in the Bronx...

It was a dis...

Bob_R
08-04-2005, 10:42 PM
the gif of Jeter that I posted was taken from Game 7 as he was having an emotional breakdown when he it sank in that his Yankees were going to lose 4 straight to the Red Sux...games 6 and 7 in the Bronx...

It was a dis...

OK, that explains it. :(

Emotional breakdown. HA. That's a good one. You Red Sox fans are too much.

I guess I should be able to understand it. You finally got the better of us after all those years. Enjoy.... for 2 more months. :D

ben halen
08-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Sox come through yet again!

Yanks lose!

4-1/2 game lead!

Ya just gotta love it!!!!!!

tjvhou812
08-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Sox come through yet again!

Yanks lose!

4-1/2 game lead!

Ya just gotta love it!!!!!!

yes i do, and schill gets the win

NAHTAN
08-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Fuck the Yankees

ben halen
08-09-2005, 11:35 PM
yes i do, and schill gets the win

Think Schilling will eventually get back in the rotation if/when Foulke gets back?

tjvhou812
08-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Think Schilling will eventually get back in the rotation if/when Foulke gets back?

i think so..well i hope so. they need him as their ace

ben halen
08-09-2005, 11:42 PM
i think so..well i hope so. they need him as their ace

Definitely. I can't believe we're where we are without an ace.

I guess it helps to score 7+ runs every night.

tjvhou812
08-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Definitely. I can't believe we're where we are without an ace.

I guess it helps to score 7+ runs every night.

you got that right:D

tjvhou812
08-10-2005, 11:10 PM
5 and a half up

ben halen
08-10-2005, 11:31 PM
5 and a half up

Nice!!!!!!!

ben halen
08-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Why the hell do they show '86 World Series retrospectives during rain delays and why the fuck do I always watch them?

Dave's PA Rental
08-14-2005, 05:34 PM
I can actually watch the 'Buckner Play' now, since the Sox won the World Series...for 18 years I averted my eyes EVERY TIME it came on TV...

Some pics from today coming up...I left just before the second rain delay...

Dave's PA Rental
08-14-2005, 05:37 PM
...and McNamara is full of SHITE...it was out of sentiment that Buckner was out there in the first place...CHB was right...Stapelton was at 1st to end all 7 of the Red Sox playoff wins that year...

...and it seems that Gedman will take to his grave the fact that Clemens asked out...

ben halen
08-14-2005, 06:19 PM
...and McNamara is full of SHITE...it was out of sentiment that Buckner was out there in the first place...CHB was right...Stapelton was at 1st to end all 7 of the Red Sox playoff wins that year...

...and it seems that Gedman will take to his grave the fact that Clemens asked out...

"CHB". Kills me every time I see him.

And I know what you mean about last year taking the sting out of '86, but I still get a knot in my stomach.

And my eyes well up a little.:)

Bob_R
08-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Why the hell do they show '86 World Series retrospectives during rain delays

They just started doing that this year right?

ben halen
08-14-2005, 08:50 PM
They just started doing that this year right?

No, they've been doing it since 1986. What the fuck are you talking about?

Bob_R
08-14-2005, 09:15 PM
No, they've been doing it since 1986. What the fuck are you talking about?

Easy there dudester. I figured they wouldn't want to show that repeatdly. Wasn't sure for obvious reasons.

Dave's PA Rental
08-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Actually, they have been showing the '86 retrospective for years and years...the Boston media loved to play-up the 'Curse' bullshit...the afore mentioned Dan Shaunassey (aka 'Curly-Haired-Boyfriend') is the guy who coined the phrase...made him a rich man...and HATED by 90% of true Boston fans...

Dave's PA Rental
08-14-2005, 11:15 PM
...EVH...do you still have your Mets hat from 1986..;)

Dave's PA Rental
08-14-2005, 11:16 PM
hey Benhalen...did you lose electricity where you are? Here in F'ingham the lights were out for about 4 hours...nice thunderboomers!

President Pabs
08-14-2005, 11:19 PM
The Red Sox win one championship in 86 years and now they act like their shit don't stink. Whatever.

Dave's PA Rental
08-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by President Pabs
The Red Sox win one championship in 86 years and now they act like their shit don't stink. Whatever.

gee...I havent heard that one before...

ben halen
08-14-2005, 11:49 PM
hey Benhalen...did you lose electricity where you are? Here in F'ingham the lights were out for about 4 hours...nice thunderboomers!

I didn't lose power. Sorry to hear you did, but at least the storm came in handy today.:)

ben halen
08-15-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by President Pabs

Nice first post.

Can we look forward to more gems like this one?

Welcome aboard!:)

Bob_R
08-15-2005, 11:06 AM
...EVH...do you still have your Mets hat from 1986..;)

Nah. Threw it out last October 20th. ;)

ben halen
08-15-2005, 10:27 PM
OUCH!

That one hurt!

Oh well, get 'em tomorrow.

Igosplut
08-16-2005, 08:28 PM
I'm beginning to think that Shill is never going to come back and should retire....

Not that I hope that, but he's never been the same after the layoff..

ben halen
08-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Wow, this team keeps stepping up when they need to.
Next few weeks will be interesting- Schilling back in rotation, Foulke coming back, young pitchers developing.
Three games in K.C., then 24 out of 36 at Fenway to end the season!

tjvhou812
09-12-2005, 06:13 PM
sox need to step it up

diamondsgirl
09-29-2005, 11:19 PM
sox need to step it up

yeah, they did. :cool:

tjvhou812
09-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Big Win

diamondsgirl
09-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Whats your prediction for this weekend?

POJO_Risin
09-29-2005, 11:46 PM
New York takes game 1 and game 3...

diamondsgirl
09-30-2005, 12:04 AM
what I meant was...will cops be in riot gear or not? :D

tjvhou812
09-30-2005, 12:05 AM
red Sox take gm 1, 2, and 3

diamondsgirl
09-30-2005, 12:14 AM
A friend of mine is going to game 1. It'll be rowdy for sure.

tjvhou812
09-30-2005, 12:15 AM
Those are some prime tickets

diamondsgirl
09-30-2005, 11:16 AM
Those are some prime tickets

Ever been to that bar by Fenway called "Who's On First?'

some friends of mine are in a band playing there tonight after the game

should be nutty

Bronson Arroyo hopped on stage with them last time they played there and jammed with them :cool:

Dave's PA Rental
10-01-2005, 11:18 PM
The cops were out in force last night. As I was leaving the park, they had dudes in CRAZY body armor riot gear lining Lansdowne Street...there were several police helicopters hovering above the park...

Just before the game started, I was up on the Monster Seats and looking down on Lansdowne...there was this comotion out in front of the Cask N' Flagon and then I see about 20 Boston University police...on bikes! They had little sirens that were blaring...it was actually pretty faggy looking! People were laughing at them...

Today was a bit more low-key...the helicopters were back, but not alot of riot gear to be seen...there were about 15 troopers on horseback blocking off part of Kenmore square, and another 10 K-9 dudes with the BIGGEST german sheppards I have ever seen at the Kenmore T entrance...

Dave's PA Rental
10-01-2005, 11:44 PM
The view from the Monster before the game yesterday...I took this picture while standing about 10 feet from Mike and the Mad Dog...

Dave's PA Rental
10-01-2005, 11:47 PM
...Said Mike and the Mad Dog...with Tim "I wear Yankee pajamas to bed" McCarver in the back...(waiting to go on the radio?)

Dave's PA Rental
10-01-2005, 11:50 PM
...pre-game press...always 50x more than for any other team...I swear, there are just as many reporters, photographers, producers, etc for Japanese TV than for US TV for the Yankees...

Dave's PA Rental
10-01-2005, 11:51 PM
...ahh Fenway...my oldest friend.

Dave's PA Rental
10-01-2005, 11:52 PM

Dave's PA Rental
10-01-2005, 11:53 PM
ok...one of my 8th grade girls is in love with Derek Jeter, and I promised her that I would get a picture of him for her...(I made her say "Go Sox!" to do it...)

Dave's PA Rental
10-01-2005, 11:54 PM
it would help if I attatched the picture...

Dave's PA Rental
10-01-2005, 11:55 PM
just a nice shot of early evening at Fenway...

Dave's PA Rental
10-01-2005, 11:56 PM
Today's game...ahhh...October baseball!

Dave's PA Rental
10-01-2005, 11:57 PM

diamondsgirl
10-01-2005, 11:59 PM
Nice pics PA :)

Dave's PA Rental
10-01-2005, 11:59 PM
ok...the next few are for people who have never been to Fenway, and all they have ever seen is from TV broadcasts of games. You never see the sky during the game broadcasts, but when you are there at the park, it really almost dominates your eye. And there wasnt a cloud in the sky today...

Dave's PA Rental
10-02-2005, 12:02 AM
what happened to the last picture?

Dave's PA Rental
10-02-2005, 12:03 AM
that was weird...

Dave's PA Rental
10-02-2005, 12:04 AM

Dave's PA Rental
10-02-2005, 12:08 AM
so after I got done selling lemon ices, I went and found a seat to watch the rest of the game...

Unit walking off after 'surviving' another inning...

Dave's PA Rental
10-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Fenway IS a bandbox...

Dave's PA Rental
10-02-2005, 12:10 AM
...last one...Olerud taking one low from Gordon...

Carmine
10-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Nice pics PA....too bad ya didnt get any of the YANKEES drinking champagne after the gam...

8 in a row...8....Snowman....hehe

Dave's PA Rental
11-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Gammons is reporting that the Red Sox won the Josh Beckett sweepstakes...

Re-load, baby!