Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scorpioboy33
    Commando
    • Jul 2004

Non Partisan Question..Why do you think the US is in Irag and is it worth it

Republicans and Liberals alike educate a silly niave Canadian boy.

Why are you guys in Iraq, the real reasons.

Is it really worth it?

Thanks Bill
  • Dr. Love
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

I don't know why we're in Iraq. I think the administration has had a vendetta against Saddam for a long time.

Regardless, I think it was worth it.
    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There are two reasons for the Iraq invasion. The most obvious is control over the 2nd largest oil reserve on the planet. Nobody can dispute the BCE's long term association with the oil industry. Condi has a fucking tanker named after her.

The second reason is because of the insane neocon plans to build a global fascist empire.

This plan originated in the mid 1990s when several of the neocon shitbags who would later be known as Project for the New American Century (PNAC) collaborated with the right wing extremist Likud party of Israel to create a document called A Clean Break : A New Strategy for Securing the Realm Even at this stage, Likud and the neocons plans centered around a "focus on removing Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq".

These same neocons then formed PNAC, writing a letter to President Clinton in January of 1998, urging him to invade Iraq and overthrow the Hussein regime. Clinton didn't believe there was any reason to commit US troops to such a dubious effort, so the neocons decided they needed to install their own President in 2000. A look at the names who signed this letter reveals that Junior didn't pick his cabinet, but it was more the other way around. And of course in September of 2000, PNAC published their manifesto, "Rebuilding America's Defenses" which is comparable to a Mein Kampf of the 21st century. Not only does this paper spell out the exact agenda which has become the Bush Fraudministration foreign policy, but on page 63 of the document, there is a chilling prophecy....

"Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor."

One year after this blueprint for the so called "war on terror" was published, their PERLE Harbor became a reality.

And if you believe that's a coincidence, I've got an oceanfront condo in Tucson for sale.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

I was for going into Afganistahn but going into Iraq was completely idiodic. First it took resources away from hunting down the terrorist organization that was responsible for 9/11 and second it showed very poor strategic planning.

The only real motivation I can think of why Iraq got invaded was the oil fields. Dick Chenney and George W. Bush are both former CEO's and think like most CEO's nowadays. Do what bennefits them and screw everyone else. I also think these guys horribly underestimated how difficult managing Iraq would be after it was taken.

As far as a right wing facist world govt. being set up. That sounds quite extreme but it's obviouse the Bush Administration is using the exuse of terrorism and weapons of mass dustruction to grab more power for themselves. I certainly don't like the new anti-terrorist legislation. It's anti-constitutional because it opens loopholes for the govt. to get around due process. I don't think Bush is the next Hitler but he certainly has been irresponsible and stupid.

Bush has been an economic disaster, a diplomatic disaster, and a military disaster. He's been a bull in a China shop and we will be paying for his fuckups long after he's out of office.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          I was for going into Afghanistan but going into Iraq was completely idiodic. First it took resources away from hunting down the terrorist organization that was responsible for 9/11 and second it showed very poor strategic planning.

Exactly! Exactly!

Let's look at it from another perspective, I just heard on the radio, by way of an audio commentary, (on NPR ) that the Iraq War has now cost every American $500. Worth it! NO! Give me my tax break!
          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-07-2005, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

I'd give up $500 to rid the world of Saddam Hussein. Gladly.

I'll even give back my tax break.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Warham
              I'd give up $500 to rid the world of Saddam Hussein. Gladly.

I'll even give back my tax break.
              I don't agree with your statement at all, but that is one funny fucking sig picture!

Comment

• Jesterstar
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

First simple canadian. Let me let you in on a secret. There is no right or left. It's just a way to divide ignorant americans that can't see through the illusion. As you probably guess not many see through it since so many still beleive there may have been one percent of a threat on america from Iraq. It's just ignorance that the feds keep them in.

But seriously don't worry about the right and left there is no such thing.
                Seshmeister is such a STUD.........OOOOOOOOOO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/im...cnesbitt_1.jpg

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

I just worry about right and wrong, not right and left.

Comment

• Jesterstar
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

I just worry about right and wrong, not right and left.
                    But you think that the Iraq war was right...........But your wrong/

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Right to remove Hussein.

If you think Bush is after the oil, then perhaps it's wrong.

It's not clear-cut in any case, especially if different folks running the show have different motivations.

I'm not into the BCE business like FORD rambles on about.

I do however believe that there is a sinister force at work in the world.

Comment

• Jesterstar
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Right to remove Hussein.

If you think Bush is after the oil, then perhaps it's wrong.

It's not clear-cut in any case, especially if different folks running the show have different motivations.

I'm not into the BCE business like FORD rambles on about.

I do however believe that there is a sinister force at work in the world.
                        Yea and Removing leaders from power in countries that litterally have no power to do anything to america is that sinister power. America and Britian are the source of that evil. Isreal also is part of that evil.

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Hussein has plenty of power to do things to America.

He was one of the richest men in the world, and could afford to pay off terrorists left and right to come over here and bomb our ass.

I don't buy it.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

If all it cost to me was $500 so someone else didn't have to live in fear of being butchered, fed into woodchippers, raped or any other form of torture or imprisonment, then I'm happy I paid it.

I don't give a shit about the WMD or any of the other "reasons" we went in. I used to care. Now I don't. Liberating Iraq wasn't the objective, but it's a good side-effect, and I'm happy with that.

As for the oil... I certainly wish it had lowered the amount I have to pay to fill my car up. Then I'd be happy with liberated the Iraqis and their oil.
                            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

But when do we "liberate" the rest of the world? And a hell of a lot of Iraqis paid with their blood for "liberation," as did more than a few Americans.

Comment

Working...